- Baby Showers
- Cards and Stationery
- Father's Day
- Wedding Invitations
120+ I Love You Quotes: Famous Love Quotes for All
Written by Shutterfly Community Last Updated: Feb 6, 2023
Love Quotes For Him
Love quotes for her, sad love quotes, cute love quotes, love yourself quotes, short love quotes, inspirational love quotes, funny love quotes, famous love quotes.
- “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” – John Green
- “Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.” – Elaine Davis
- “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” – Angelita Lim
- “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “The real lover is a man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” – Maya Angelou
- “I’ll be loving you, always with a love that’s true” – Patsy Cline
- “Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive.” – Unknown
- “I need you like a heart needs a beat.” – One Republic
- “When I say I love you more, I don’t mean I love you more than you love me. I mean I love you more than the bad days ahead of us, I love you more than any fight we will ever have. I love you more than the distance between us, I love you more than any obstacle that could try and come between us. I love you the most.” – Unknown
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Hermann Hesse
- ”I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self respect. And it’s these things I’d believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn’t all she should be. I love her and it is the beginning of everything.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” – Leo Christopher
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – A. A. Milne
- “A man is already halfway in love with any woman who listens to him.” – Brendan Francis
- ”I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.” – Pablo Neruda
- ”Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.” – Oscar Wilde
- “You make me want to be a better man.” – Melvin Udall
- “Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive.” – Unknown
- “Take my hand, take my whole life too. For I can’t help falling in love with you.” – Elvis Presley
- Grow old along with me; the best is yet to be.” – Robert Browning
- “There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” – Sarah Dessen
- “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert A. Heinlein
- “Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.” – Anais Nin
- “He is not a lover who does not love forever.” – Euripides
- “To love is to burn, to be on fire.” – Jane Austen
- “Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.” – James Baldwin
- “In the end we discover that to love and let go can be the same thing.” – Jack Kornfield
- “Pleasure of love lasts but a moment. Pain of love lasts a lifetime.” – Bette Davis
- “To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Love is so short, forgetting is so long.” – Pablo Neruda
- “Love is a thing that is full of cares and fears.” – Ovid
- “Love is not love until love’s vulnerable.” – Theodore Roethke
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
- “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” – Pablo Neruda
- “Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “Love is the magician that pulls man out of his own hat.” – Ben Hecht
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.” – Noah from The Notebook
- “I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed.” – Valerie Lombardo
- ”My wish is that you may be loved to the point of madness.” – André Breton
- ”A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.” – Kurt Vonnegut
- ”Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze.” – Elinor Glyn
- ”Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people’s sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
- “Love is the strange bewilderment which overtakes one person on account of another person.” – James Thurber
- “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love.” – Sophocles
- “Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.” – William Arthur Ward
- “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” – Paulo Coelho
- “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” – Andre Gide
- “This has been my life; I found it worth living.” – Bertrand Russell
- “We must be our own before we can be another’s.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucius
- “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.” – Rumi
- “Only true love can fuel the hard work that awaits you.” – Tom Freston
- “Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.” – Vincent van Gogh
- “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there’s love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” – Ella Fitzgerald
- “Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Do what you love, and you will find the way to get it out to the world.” – Judy Collins
- “You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
- “Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting.” – William Shakespeare
- “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “I have decided to stick to love; hate is too great a burden to bear.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is to love and be loved in return.” – Natalie Cole “I hope you know that every time I tell you to get home safe, stay warm, have a good day, or sleep well what I am really saying is I love you. I love you so damn much that it is starting to steal other words’ meanings. ” – Open-365
- “The greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from the development of love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being.” – Dalai Lama
Shop Trending Categories
- “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” – William Shakespeare
- “You call it madness, but I call it love.” – Don Byas
- “We can only learn to love by loving.” – Iris Murdoch
- “A life lived in love will never be dull.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “Life is the flower for which love is the honey.” – Victor Hugo
- “All you need is love.” – Paul McCartney
- “True love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
- “Love is shown more in deeds than in words.” – Saint Ignatius
- “Love is not a volunteer thing.” – Samuel Richardson
- “Love is friendship on fire.” – Susan Sontag
- “Love is the ultimate expression of the will to live.” – Tom Wolfe
- “Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” – Franklin P. Jones
- “The love we give away is the only love we keep.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Tell me whom you love and I will tell you who you are.” – Houssaye
- “Trust your intuition and be guided by love.” – Charles Eisenstein
- “That’s all nonviolence is – organized love.” – Joan Baez
- “We love because it’s the only true adventure.” – Nikki Giovanni
- “My soul and your soul are forever tangled.” – N.R. Hart
- “You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, Love like you’ll never be hurt, Sing like there’s nobody listening, And live like it’s heaven on earth.” – William W. Purkey
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Age does not protect you from love, but love to some extent protects you from age.” – Jeanne Moreau
- “Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.” – Washington Irving
- “Life is the first gift, love is the second, and understanding the third.” – Marge Piercy
- “You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.” – Barbara De Angelis
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
- “People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- ”I’m here. I love you. I don’t care if you need to stay up crying all night long, I will stay with you. There’s nothing you can ever do to lose my love. I will protect you until you die, and after your death I will still protect you. I am stronger than depression and I am braver than loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Love is the emblem of eternity; it confounds all notion of time; effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end.” – Madame de Stael
- “Love is an emotion experienced by the many and enjoyed by the few.” – George Jean Nathan
- “Love is more than a noun – it is a verb; it is more than a feeling – it is caring, sharing, helping, sacrificing.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Love is a choice you make from moment to moment.” – Barbara De Angelis
- “We need not think alike to love alike.” – Francis David
- “Love is a great master. It teaches us to be what we never were.” – Moliere
- “Love is the expansion of two natures in such fashion that each include the other, each is enriched by the other.” – Felix Adler
- “Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profundity. Kindness in giving creates love.” – Lao Tzu
- “When our community is in a state of peace, it can share that peace with neighboring communities, and so on. When we feel love and kindness towards others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace.” – Dalai Lama
- “Love is sharing your popcorn.” – Charles Schultz
- “Love is being stupid together.” – Paul Valery
- “If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?” – Lily Tomlin
- “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
- “Love is like pi – natural, irrational, and very important.” – Lisa Hoffman
- “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.” – Robert Fulghum
- “Love is something sent from heaven to worry the hell out of you.” – Dolly Parton
- ”There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Love means having to say you’re sorry every fifteen minutes.” – John Lennon
- “A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” – Ingrid Bergman
- “Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage.” – Ambrose Bierce
- “What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork.” – Pearl Bailey
- “Love is like Heaven, but it can hurt like Hell.” – Unknown
- “It is not love that makes a relationship complicated; it’s the people in it who do.” – Unknown
- “Love is an ocean of emotions entirely surrounded by expenses.” – Thomas Dewar “Love is a lot like a backache, it doesn’t show up on X-rays, but you know it’s there.” – George Burns
- “I love you more than coffee, but please don’t make me prove it.” – Elizabeth Evans
- “We accept the love we think we deserve.” – Stephen Chbosky
- “You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life.” – Bob Marley
- “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” – Angelita Lim
- “Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.” – St. Augustine
- “The need for love lies at the very foundation of human existence.” – Dalai Lama
- “Where there is love there is life.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “A loving heart is the truest wisdom.” – Charles Dickens
- “To be brave is to love someone unconditionally, without expecting anything in return.” – Madonna
- ”How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height My soul can reach.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.” – Zora Neale Hurston
- “The chance to love and be loved exists no matter where you are.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “I believe there are some things in life you can’t deny or rationalize, and [love] is one of them.” – Cate Blanchett
- “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” – Robert Frost
- “You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.” – Julia Roberts
- “For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love.” – Carl Sagan
- “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” – Jesus Christ
Additional Resources and Love Quotes
- Valentine’s Day Gift Guide
- Gifts for Him
- Gifts for Her
Save the Dates
Written by Shutterfly Community | View all posts
★ Lifestyle Expert
Shutterfly Community is here to help capture and share life's most important moments. Discover thoughtful gifts, creative ideas and endless inspiration to create meaningful memories with family and friends.
Visit their Website . You can follow on Instagram and Pinterest .
The Top 175 Romantically Beautiful Reasons I Love You
When was the last time you took time to think about the reasons why you love someone?
After all, you know you love them.
It’s just not always easy to articulate why. At some point, though, the one you love is bound to be curious as to why you love them.
And when they ask, you want a good answer — one that’s true as well as satisfying.
To help you in this, we’ve created a reasons why I love you list.
Look through it to find the reasons that best fit your love and the unique relationship you have.
Why do I love her?
Why do i love him, 175 reasons why i love you.
Collect all the reasons below that resonate with you. Make your own “list of things I love about you” to share with your beloved. The following work for loved ones of any gender.
1. You love me even when I find it hard to love myself.
2. Somehow you know exactly what to say to make me feel better.
3. I can’t imagine a better, more fulfilling life than the one I have with you.
4. When you’re holding my hand, I feel like I can do anything.
5. You see me as I am, and you love all of me — not just the parts that are easy to live with.
6. You accept me just as I am. And you trust me to accept and love you, too.
7. We’re both independent people. But when we’re together, we’re inseparable.
8. Every morning when I wake up and look at you, I want to be better — for both of us.
9. No one challenges me like you do, and always with love, humor, and compassion.
10. You know my limits. But you also know when I’m holding back.
11. I am most myself when I’m with you. I don’t have to pretend. It wouldn’t do me any good, anyway.
12. No one has been more supportive of me or my goals as you’ve been.
13. You instinctively know when and how to get me moving again when I stop.
14. When you set your mind on something, you blast through obstacles like a bullet train.
15. You trust me enough to share every important thing in your life.
16. Whenever I talk to you, you listen better than anyone I know.
17. You help me put things in perspective without treating me like a child.
18. You’ve never allowed anything to come between us and pull us apart.
19. I feel calmest and most at home when you’re giving me one of your hugs.
20. Even in a crowded room, whenever I hear your voice, I instantly feel calmer and happier.
21. You are doing everything you can to become a better person , for both our sakes.
22. You know exactly what needs doing, and you do it. I doubt anything could stop you.
23. When I ask for your help, you’re right there. You show up. You always do.
24. I still get butterflies when you look at me. One smile and everything else disappears.
25. I love your voice more than any sound on earth. More than that, I love the heart behind it.
26. You’re kind, encouraging, and thoughtful to everyone.
27. When I’m at my worst, you draw me closer to you instead of pushing me away.
28. You’re the first person I turn to when things go wrong — or when they go right..
29. You’re quick to forgive others and to offer help or encouragement.
30. So often, I come home feeling like a zombie. One look at you, and I feel alive again.
31. You’re always learning something new. You make me want to do the same.
32. I’m at my best when I’m with you. You’re the best friend I’ve ever had.
33. You know me better than anyone, including me. You know just what I need to hear.
34. Wherever you are is home to me. Any place without you feels like a wasteland.
35. I didn’t think it was possible for anyone to love me the way you do.
36. You’ve redefined love for me — and changed everything right along with it.
37. With you, I’ve met my match. You’re the gold standard.
38. Whatever we’re doing, I’ve never enjoyed it as much as when you’re here with me.
39. Whenever I feel that I’ve failed, you remind me of what I’ve gained.
40. You made a place in your heart for everyone in my family.
41. Even when you disagree with someone, I know you still care about them.
42. We understand each other so well, we know when the other wants to leave or needs a hug.
43. We look out for each other. I know you’ll always be there for me.
44. You only make promises you can keep. And you’ve kept every promise you’ve made to me.
45. When I ask you to explain something, you do it without ever talking down to me.
46. You always swap out the wet towels for clean, dry ones when you know I’m showering after you.
47. When your plans fall apart, you roll with it. You adapt. Nothing keeps you down for long.
48. Every time I watch you, I learn something.
49. I love your curiosity and your intense concentration. And I can’t wait to see the results.
50. If I have questions, you’re happy to answer them. Your tone is never impatient.
51. Aside from your excellent taste in choosing me, I love everything about you.
52. I don’t know how you do it, but you always believe in me, even when I don’t.
53. You, more than anyone, have inspired me to reach higher and do more good in the world.
54. I can always talk to you. And I come away with a calmer mind and better understanding.
55. Your love and your wisdom make everything clearer.
56. Your whole face smiles when you do. And there’s nothing in the world I’d rather see.
57. The world feels brighter and more colorful when you laugh. It’s the best sound in the world.
58. You love me even when I’m difficult to be around. You know just what to say to get me out of my own head.
59. From the moment we met, you felt familiar to me, like we’ve always known each other.
60. You make my friends and family feel welcome when they visit.
61. You put so much thought into everything you do for me. And it shows.
62. You, more than anyone, can calm me when I’m upset and lift me up when I’m low.
63. You have a gift for bringing out the best in me.
64. You’ve helped me to know myself better and to understand what I truly want.
65. When I see what you see in me, I want to make you proud.
66. When you plan a date night , I know we’ll both have the best possible time.
67. You’ve opened my eyes to a life I never thought I could have. And I only want that if you can share it with me.
68. You care so much about my success and happiness, and it’s thanks to you we’re now able to enjoy both.
69. I’m ashamed it took me this long to learn how to listen like a friend. I learned it from you.
70. You went out and shoveled the driveway twice in the driving snow to make sure I’d be able to get my car into the garage.
71. You’re brilliant, creative, and you never give up on the things that matter to you.
72. I think about all we’ve been through together so far, and I’m amazed at how much closer we are than we were. I thought I couldn’t love you more. I was wrong.
73. I can’t think of anyone whose company and conversation I enjoy more than yours.
74. It’s gotten to the point I don’t like making big decisions without talking to you first.
75. You’ve helped me avoid costly mistakes with your good sense and quick thinking.
76. You’re the calm in every storm. You help me see through the fog of my anger, anxiety, or grief.
77. You’re the best person to have around in a crisis.
78. No one anticipates what I need better than you, whether it’s a coffee, a hug, or something else.
79. Whenever you know I’ve had a rough day, you do something to brighten it.
80. You make the darkness in the world less scary. Your smile lights up the world.
81. With you, I feel stronger and braver, even when I’m at my lowest.
82. You, better than anyone, know how to get me back on my feet when I’ve fallen.
83. I love how when a movie we’re watching starts to get scary, you reach over and take my hand.
84. You’re quick to give up your seat or your luggage cart to someone who looks like they need one.
85. You’re the most thoughtful and compassionate person I know.
86. My whole outlook changes when you take my hand. Suddenly, I feel I can get through anything.
87. You take care of me when I forget to. You’ve taught me what self-compassion is.
88. I get lost in my head sometimes, and you help me see the way out.
89. Somehow, you know when to help and when to let me do something on my own.
90. If I’m ever carrying more than you are, you’re quick to offer help and lighten my load.
91. People look up to you, and with good reason. You do everything possible to reward their trust.
92. When you know someone you care about is suffering, you make time for them.
93. Those who love you know you’ll be there when they need you.
94. You’re not afraid to share what you believe with all your heart. But you also listen better than most.
95. You care more about relationships than about being right.
96. You don’t change your beliefs depending on whom you’re with.
97. No matter how others see me, when I see the way you look at me, I feel at peace.
98. I don’t need for everyone to love me — just you. You see all of me.
99. I never feel more at peace or more alive than when I’m with you.
More Related Articles:
131 Of The Best Inspirational I Love You Quotes For Him Or Her
The Best Love Poems For Your Husband
68 Totally Relatable Quotes About New Relationships
33 Romantic Love Notes and Texts for Her
100. I can always trust you to be honest with me, and you make every difficult truth easier to face.
101. No matter what we’re doing, you make the time pass more quickly.
102. You keep little mementos of everything we’ve done together.
103. Even when you’re angry, I look at you and want to smile. If the tiniest bit slips out, know that it’s just me loving you.
104. You find beauty in the smallest and most commonplace things.
105. I love that you check in with me each day to see how I’m doing.
106. As soon as I hear your voice or see a text you’ve sent, I feel happier.
107. Your sense of humor makes every struggle easier.
108. If laughter is therapeutic, you’re my favorite doctor.
109. You get me laughing even on days when I don’t think I have it in me to laugh.
110. You respect people’s boundaries, even if you don’t understand them. You treat others as you want to be treated.
111. I love hearing stories about how you became the person you are. Even as a child, you were special.
112. You make me feel as if everything about me matters to you.
113. I love you not just because of the person you are but also because of the person I am when I’m with you.
114. Whatever I cook for you, you seem to enjoy it even when I don’t. You never complain.
115. I love your brilliant, creative mind. I love to hear your ideas — even the crazy ones.
116. You have a way of jumpstarting my brain when it’s tired or muddled.
117. You always remember birthdays and anniversaries, but you don’t judge me if I forget.
118. You make our best memories together new again.
119. Your smile is my favorite thing to look at. When I’m in pain, it’s the best pain relief .
120. When I’m feeling lost , your smile calms me so I can see through the fog.
121. Different as we are, you never try to change me. You accept and love me as I am.
122. I love how you leave notes for me as thoughtful reminders — or just to tell me you love me.
123. Whenever I don’t know what to read next, I just check to see what you’re reading.
124. I never thought I’d love talking about the books I read as much I do with you.
125. You built a treehouse just for us that we can use for private chats or to camp out together.
126. Any place with you is my favorite place. You make it home.
127. Your antics cheer me up every time. No one gets me laughing as quickly as you.
128. I could tell you anything about myself and trust that you wouldn’t think less of me.
129. I love the way you dance. No matter how tired I am, you make me want to join in.
130. I love the way you sing your heart out, just because it makes you feel good.
131.. You celebrate every win with me, and you’re there to help me through every loss.
132. No one has my back like you do. I can always count on you.
133. You’re the most resourceful and creative person I know.
134. I love to see the things you create with whatever you have handy.
135. Even in a crowd, you make me feel as though I’m the only person you want to talk to.
136. I love talking to you — about anything and everything.
137. The thought of growing old with you feels like all my best dreams rolled into one.
138. You’re everything I want most in this life.
139. I love how you see the good in everyone around you, whatever they’ve done.
140. Before you, I didn’t know what to do with my life. You’ve helped me see beyond myself.
141. If anyone could get me to sing live in front of a crowd of people, you could — and only you.
142. You make me want to take risks and face my fears.
143. I love that every time you have a win, you share it. You find a way to make it an even bigger win for someone else.
144. Some of the wisest and most compassionate people I know have known what it’s like to be profoundly sad. I think you must have experienced that.
145. You know my worst flaws, and you’re still here, accepting and loving me.
146. Even when we disagree, you have such respect for me that you listen with all your heart.
If you’re making a list of reasons to love a girl who’s turned your life into something more beautiful than you could have imagined, let these ideas spur your imagination.
147. You’re the perfect blend of beauty, compassion, and brilliance.
148. As beautiful as you are on the outside, and you always will be, you’re even more beautiful on the inside.
149. Your face immediately drew me in. Your mind and your heart, though, are what grabbed hold and wouldn’t let go.
150. Your soul is the perfect companion for my soul.
151. If I didn’t love you, it wouldn’t hurt so much when we’re at odds. I’m happiest when we’re in harmony.
152. You give me personal space when I need it, knowing that, sometimes, we all need time to ourselves.
153. You’ve taught me so much about myself and helped me understand what I truly want.
154. Maybe we didn’t see each other right away, but when we did, it was like finding home after forgetting where it was.
155. In every problem we face, you see the possibilities I miss. And when you feel overwhelmed by negative thoughts, you turn to me and let me lift you up.
156. You steadfastly refuse to give up on me — even when I’ve given up on myself.
157. You’re an unstoppable force of nature. Once you undertake something, I can’t wait to see what you’ll accomplish.
158. When I lose faith in my abilities, you find a way to get me believing again.
159. You treat my friends as if you owe them a debt of gratitude, and now I get why. They’ve helped me become the person you love.
160. I love that you trust me enough to be honest with me. And you don’t push me away when I’m honest with you.
161. I love the way you get when you’re on fire to make something happen. And I never doubt you will.
If you’re making a list of “Reasons why I love my boyfriend” — or husband, partner, best friend, etc. — here are some worthy additions to consider:
162. With you, I laugh louder, smile more, and cry less. I feel much healthier.
163. You make me feel like I’m enough for you.
164. When I need to cry, I know you’re a safe place for that. You never say things like “Don’t cry,” or “It’s not that bad…”
165. My mind is a better place with you in it. You see the cracks and point to the flowers growing in them.
166. You treat me family as if they were yours. I look forward to when they will be.
167. We can stay up all night talking without either of us getting bored.
168. You’ve always treated me like your equal. You, more than anyone I know have made me feel not only cherished but respected.
169. No matter how busy life gets, you always make time for me when I need you.
170. I love that you hold the door open for everyone who’s close behind you, and you’re quick to lend your umbrella to anyone who needs it.
171. You’re an amazing father to our kids, and I know they, like me, can’t imagine life without you.
172. You’re not afraid to embarrass yourself just to cheer me up or distract me from my thoughts. .
173. When I’m having a bad dream, you reach across the bed and gently pull me toward you. And that’s where I find peace again.
174. One look, and you seem to know just what I need from you.
175. You trust me to help you through every struggle. And you’re there to help me through mine.
Now that you have your reasons, how can you share them?
- Write a love note with a list of your reasons.
- Use sticky notes to leave reasons where they’ll find them.
- Write one of the reasons on a whiteboard or mirror.
However you share these “reasons why I love you,” be authentic. The one you love probably knows you well enough to recognize when you’re exaggerating.
And there’s no need for that. If your love is genuine, express it as only you can .
StudyDriver in your Smartphone!
I Love you Essay
“I Love you Essay”
Even she knows how much you mean to me. That will be in my heart forever. You always make me feel special, I will never understand why you think I’m so awesome cause I’m really not. I’m weird and clumsy and a little crazy, but I love how we joke about killing. I think I started realizing my feelings for you in late June. I remember how you used to always give me Retail 1 bank because you said I was number one, and you were always concerned about keeping me waiting. Nobody else actually cares. And that time that I didn’t have any food and you paid for my &pizza, that was so unexpected and hopefully one day I can pay you back for everything you’ve done. I will never forget that time that you let Lani and I switch positions and stupid rudolph and Rochelle were acting like it was the worst thing in the world and I got super emotional. It was so embarrassing because I started crying like a baby but you comforted me until I composed myself again. And I remember you saying “they don’t know what they’re doing, it’s like letting kids run the attraction”. You really have seen my bad moments but you still stuck around and it means so much.
I was so happy when you came after the baby was born and you said “we’re not allowed to have favorites, but you’re my favorite” again it makes me feel so special. I love how I’m getting you into Ozuna, Comentale could actually be our song it describes us perfectly, I wish we could have gone to the concert together. We definitely have to go together if Ozuna comes next year, by that time I will already have taught you enough to understand his songs at least. I always tell myself that I will be nice to you in public when I see you but lately it’s so hard for me.
Cite this page
I Love You Essay. (2021, Jul 01). Retrieved from https://studydriver.com/i-love-you-essay/
"I Love You Essay." StudyDriver.com , 1 Jul 2021, https://studydriver.com/i-love-you-essay/
StudyDriver.com. (2021). I Love You Essay . [Online]. Available at: https://studydriver.com/i-love-you-essay/ [Accessed: 3 Mar. 2023]
"I Love You Essay." StudyDriver.com, Jul 01, 2021. Accessed March 3, 2023. https://studydriver.com/i-love-you-essay/
"I Love You Essay," StudyDriver.com , 01-Jul-2021. [Online]. Available: https://studydriver.com/i-love-you-essay/ . [Accessed: 3-Mar-2023]
StudyDriver.com. (2021). I Love You Essay . [Online]. Available at: https://studydriver.com/i-love-you-essay/ [Accessed: 3-Mar-2023]
I Love You Essay. (2021, Jul 01). Retrieved March 3, 2023 , from https://studydriver.com/i-love-you-essay/
Save time with Studydriver!
Get in touch with our top writers for a non-plagiarized essays written to satisfy your needs
Stuck on ideas? Struggling with a concept?
A professional writer will make a clear, mistake-free paper for you!
Leave your email and we will send a sample to you.
Please check your inbox
Interested in this topic?
Please indicate where to send you the sample.
Hi! I'm Chatbot Amy :)
I can help you save hours on your homework. Let's start by finding a writer.
- All Categories
- Tips & Articles
- 4,001 Business, Sales & Personal Letters
I Love You More Than Words Can Say • Letter Templates
Letter template #1.
Hey, Baby Girl, I was just sitting here thinking about how much I love you. I love you so much that if I tried to really write how much I love you, I would be constantly writing for the rest of my life.
You bring out so much in me that I'm just beginning to see. It's like when we are together, the rest of the world disappears, and nothing else matters but us. I hope I feel this way forever. I want to spend the rest of my life loving you with everything I have to give. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve someone as loving as you are. Do you know how long I have waited to have someone like you in my life?
It wasn't luck that brought us together. You are a blessing to me and I wouldn't trade the way I feel about you for anything in this world. You are the reason why I smile. You are the first thing on my mind when I wake up every morning, and you are the last thing I think about every night before I close my eyes, but our time together doesn't end there because you are the only thing I dream about. I really do want to spend the rest of my life with you if you will allow me to. Nothing is too much to give you. I feel that if you're not happy, then the world needs to stop until you are!
Baby, I just want to thank you for loving me like you do, and I am forever in your debt, just for you being good to me. You know, it is strange how I had to go through so many bad situations before you came into my life. I guess it really is true when they say good things come to those who wait because I've waited for someone like you all my life, and you really are the best thing that has ever happened to me.
I just want you to know that I love you so much, and I want to be with you till death do us part! I love you, Baby Girl!
I Will Keep Waiting For You
I sometimes wonder what you're doing, or whether you are thinking of me, like I'm thinking of you. I have been thinking of you for 20 years, since the day I was born, really.
You have been elusive to me in so many ways but, because none of my objects of infatuation turned out to be you, I feel as if life sometimes may have fooled me, yet I know you are out there. I mean, how could I have seen your face and still overlooked you? Or how could I have heard your voice utter words and not have found anyone that sounded like you? Are you in the stars every time I look up? Of course you are. You are the clouds in the skies, the songs the bird sing every morning. You are everywhere, really. I know you are real. I just constantly wonder why I have not found you yet.
Why haven't I been able to say all that I want, show you all that I am, and give you all I have now? Why is time making us wait so long? We don't know, because this is a factor beyond our control. I will always love you, Darling, and when we finally find each other, it will be God's greatest reward.
So, wherever you are, know that I love you and you will be the one that lurked passionately in my dreams. Know that I am always longing for you and your presence. Know that you will always be everything to me. Even though I have not yet met you yet, I love you, my spirit lover.
Letter Template #2
Too many days go by without my saying how incredibly fortunate I feel to be with you--but it's true. When we're together, my life takes on new meaning and new freshness. Each morning, each night, and each moment beside you contains all the beauty and vibrancy I could ever hope for.
Thank you for filling my days with love, and for making my toes squirm and my heart flutter. Thank you for always listening to me, for sharing your thoughts with me, for supporting me, and for giving me the chance to support you. Thank you for enriching every aspect of my life, and for continually inspiring me to do better and to be a better person.
I love you more than words can say.
Letter Template #3
When I try to describe your beauty, your smile, your kind heart, I find that my words only begin to scratch the surface of my love for you. You are too amazing, too much of a wonder for language to describe. When we are together, and with each gesture you make, and each word that you utter, I realize, more and more, how special and caring you are, and how lucky I am to be with you. When we are not together, the very thought of you brings me more fully to life.
Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for loving me and letting me love you. You are a blessing to me!
Letter Template #4
How can I express my feelings when those feelings take my breath away? How can I measure my love for you when that love compares to nothing else, and when that love exceeds all categories and all expectations? No words can express these realities. No words can express my love for you because you are indescribable, and my love for you is immeasurable.
Simply looking into your eyes sends me through a whirlwind of intense emotions. Just one brief smile from you fills my life with radiance and joy. Until the day I met you, I had never before felt so full of hope and passion. I want you to know, I am forever grateful to be with you. You have given me a heart full of love and days full of laughter, and I will give myself to you always.
Recommended letter-writing resources.
Inspiring and educating bright minds.
71 Touching Love Paragraphs for Her
Last Updated on February 25, 2023
Table of Contents
Love is the greatest of all human emotions. Indeed, he who has a girlfriend has one of life’s most precious possessions. However, keeping a girlfriend demands that you remain true and sensitive to her needs. Since you are the most cherished person in her life, your girl deserves your unrequited love and undivided attention.
You may consider spoiling her with romantic gifts or taking her on vacation to enchanting faraway destinations. While all these are invaluable in making the relationship grow fonder, nothing delights your girlfriend more than a love message that expresses how passionately you value her. And the convention is that the longer the message, the better it captures your deep sense of appreciation.
Love Paragraphs for Her
Let’s explore some of the cutest love messages you can send to your cute, little flower to strengthen the bonds of love that already exists between the two of you.
1. A day that is void of your voice is to mean an incomplete one. For with your voice comes the soul melting laughter which is all I need to have a great and happy day. I hope mine makes you feel the same way. I love you my Cherie.
2. Before I met you, I didn’t think love was for me. It was something other people had and felt. Something in movies and in TV shows. It felt more like a wish I had then something real. Now that I’m with you, love is so much more tangible. It’s something I can reach out and touch. It’s so much more than a wish or a hope (though it does give me hope, for so many things), it’s the very real, wonderful person I wake up to. The warm hand next to mine, the brush of hair against my cheek. I love you and because of that love, I love so much more than you. I love myself and the world in a way I never thought possible. You’ve made that possible for me. You’ve made everything possible.
3. Even when we know that nothing in this world is eternal, I know deep down that you and I will live together till eternity. I will love you forever, and I will never fall out of love with you. I am always here to be your lover until the end of time.
4. Every day is a celebration of having you in my life. I thank God for making it possible for us to cross the path right from the beginning because that was where my life gained so much impact on your love. I can’t love you enough because you are a precious jewel in my world.
5. Everything you do… The way you eat, the way you smile, the way my name rolls off of your tongue… That all is what keeps me going. It gives me so much joy to watch you be you. I would never give my attention to anyone else because I love giving it to you. The day when you were born, it was raining. Actually, it wasn’t raining itself, but heaven was crying for losing the most beautiful angel!
6. I can create another odyssey describing my love for you. You have such a profound influence in my life that I cannot erase the memories of you even if I live for a million years. I am lucky to be part of your life. I will love you till my last breath!
7. I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate having you in my life. For helping me through the bad times and being there to help me celebrate the good times, I cherish all of the moments that we share together. There aren’t enough words in the dictionary for me to tell you how glad I am to have you in my life. I am so lucky to have you by my side. Everything you do for me never goes unnoticed. I don’t know what I did to deserve someone as wonderful as you, but I am eternally grateful to have your love, support, and affection. Thank you for being you, and for having me by your side.
8. Life offers many choices to make, but loving you is the only thing I wish to do. I want to spend my entire existence showing you how much you have impacted my life. Hand-in-hand, I will prove to you that my life is better with you in it. For the sake of your love, I am ready to face whatever it takes to make you smile at all times. I will love you until I am no more because your love is my greatest wealth.
9. Love is not something that you can express in words. Love is something that is expressed by actions and felt with the heart. I don’t know how much loved I make you feel but trust me, dear, you are the most precious thing in my life. I love you!
10. My most beloved woman. Without you, I do not exist. I need you and you alone to survive the storms of life. You are such a perfect woman for me. I could barely meet someone better than you. You’re the meaning of a great experience, and I can’t love you less.
11. My world feels dark when you’re not here. Even when I’m out under a cloudless sky, it feels like there’s a haze over everything. Before you, the world was filled with so many lights, streetlights, stars, the moon, and the sun. Now it feels like you are the brightest light in my life. It would explain why I feel so warm around you, how you provide me with the energy and the strength to persevere through my darkest hours. You also shine brilliantly enough that I know I’ll always be able to find my way back to you.
12. One paragraph is not enough for me to tell you just how much you mean to me. It would take me thousands of pages to tell you just how much I love you. If I spent the rest of eternity writing, I still could not accurately portray how amazing you are and all of the reasons why I love you.
13. Our love is something that is truly special and there is no other love like ours in the world. I feel as if I have won the lottery with you, someone who is so special and magical, who makes my life and my world a thousand times better just by being there. When I look at you, I know that I have truly hit the jackpot. All you have to do in order to warm my heart is to be the loving, caring person that you are. Together, we can do so much and help each other realize our dreams because we truly have a love that is special.
14. Seeing you every day is a blessing because my heart bubbles with excitement when anything reminds me of you. I am filled with great joy whenever the thought of you crosses my mind. I do not understand why, but I can’t stop looking at you. I admire your beauty a lot, and it is one thing that strikes me. You own my heart, and I want your heart forever.
15. Sometimes when I look at the ocean or an especially large mountain range, I feel overwhelmed and small, but in a good way. It’s comforting to know there’s something out there bigger than I am. Something large and enduring that has lasted through the ages. Through harsh weather, storms and droughts, through changes in history and climate , the ocean keeps on rolling and the mountains keep on standing tall. When I think of you and our love and how I feel about you, I feel the same way. My love for you doesn’t make me feel small though, it makes me feel powerful and new. I look at you and I know that I will love you forever, through storms and droughts, through all the changes that will undoubtedly come our way. I will love you forever. There’s no changing that.
16. The first day we met was the best day of my life. I found the source of life, joy, and happiness. You are my inspiration, and I love you beyond words can explain, baby. I know that the world is waiting for our union. It will be the best thing that has ever happened to me.
17. Watching you walk across a room is the greatest gift. The way you move is so graceful and easy. The way you smile makes me feel at peace. Knowing you’re walking towards me is a feeling so hard to describe. It’s like coming home, a comfort, only the home is coming to me. I will never know such love, such peace, as you. You’re my home.
18. Whenever we are apart, have it in mind that you are always in my heart. I take the memories we create with me everywhere I go. I miss you, my love and I want you to know that gaining your appreciation is my most significant feat.
19. When I first saw you, I was attracted by your beautiful face and your charming smile. But it was the beauty of your heart that I fell for. I found an angel in you that is more amazing than what’s visible from outside.
20. When you are around me, my world turns around, and I feel your passion swell up inside my heart. I love you because when I lose control of myself, you pull closer. You are the sun in my sky, without you I’d be in darkness. I will love you until there is no love left in the world.
21. Words may fail to express how much I love you but my deeds will never fail to show my love for you. I loved you yesterday, love you today and will love you until there’s no tomorrow!
22. You are more beautiful than a summer sunset on the ocean horizon. You are more breathtaking than the lush landscape on a mountain. You shine brighter than the stars in the country sky. You are more alluring than any song that was ever sung. I had not seen what the real meaning of beauty was until I found you.
23. You are my match made in heaven. There is never a second where you aren’t there to lift me up when I need you to. I am so fortunate to have crossed paths with you in the beginning. It has brought us to this beautiful point in our lives. You are everything I could ever want in a woman. I will never want anything or anyone else. That I can promise.
24. You are the sunshine that fades all the darkness in my life. You are my road to redemption. I have never loved someone so deeply than you. I love you more than I can say. Nothing can ever change my love for you!
25. Your love attacked my body and melted my soul. If ever two were one, then I plus you will be one. Your love gives me delight than a whole bag of gold. I will love you forever.
26. Your love makes my world glow. It makes the sunrise, the winds to blow and the rain to fall. This love is beautiful because even if the sun rises, the wind blows and the rain falls on me, my love will forever be yours.
27. Your love sneaked up sleeves. Without any direction, it tiptoes gently, slowly and straight to my heart. I never bargained for its dominant grip on my heart. Now I’m helplessly under your control. You must be a magician because I don’t want to get your love off my heart.
28. Your never-ending love was all I needed to make my dark world glow. Your love is so fascinating because you gathered and mended my broken heart together into one piece with your sweet love. My purpose was undefined, but I am gingered to keep living. You gave my life meaning. You loved me until I can stand to live another day. I love you, and I will always do, until the end of time.
29. You’ve lit a fire in me. It’s a passion that grows with each passing day. Just when I think I get used to my love for you, you’ll do something small and amazing. Maybe you’ll make me laugh, or say something so smart it makes me see the world in a new way, and suddenly there it is again—that rush of emotion, of love, that comes over me so swiftly it’s like a wildfire in my soul. I hope you know how much you mean to me, how much I love you, and how excited I am to walk through this life with you.
30. You’re my best friend. The person I can tell all my secrets to, the first person I want to talk to when I wake up, and last person I want to talk to before I drift off to sleep. When something good happens to me, you’re the first person I want to tell. When I’m troubled by something or if I get bad news, you’re the one I go to for comfort and support. But you’re so much more to me than a friend, you’re the love of my life. You’re my friend, my lover, my comfort and my strength. I am so lucky to have you. I just wanted you to know how happy I am to have you in my life.
31. You are my happiness the only treasure I adore with a complete passion. Since the day you came into my world; my life has never remained the same. You brought an endless smile to my face, amazing joy to my heart, baby I love you!
32. My love for you has no beginning and no end. It is cyclical, like life. It is ever-flowing, like the oceans. [And} It is as boundless as the sky and as vast as the universe. When I see your face, I see my past, my present, my future. When I hold your hand I feel everything inside of me expand. You are my everything. I will love you forever.
33. Because of you, I have understood how powerful loving is. You truly made me realize the real meaning of romantic love. Thank you for being wonderful, understanding, and loving to me. You always inspire me to be better. You are my life, baby.
34. I thought that loving someone wholeheartedly and feeling the same amount of affection only happens in movies until I met you. Thank you for all the care and appreciation you have given me. I cannot help but wonder what I ever did to deserve you. I am the luckiest man in the world because I have you.
35. Your beauty is like a ray of sunshine that can bring brightness anywhere. Your beautiful smile never fails to make my heart melt . My dear, thank you for being a fantastic person inside and out. You are the best person in my life now.
36. I know I might not be the perfect man, but you know that I will do everything and anything for you. You are my everything. You are a blessing, so I am beyond grateful for sending someone as wonderful as you.
37. You came into my life when I least expected it. I never imagined that someone like you can make my world a better place. I am thankful that you came into my life, babe. Each moment that we shared is a memory I treasure . You are the most important person in my life.
38. I believe that meeting and being together are not accidents. Even before we met, I knew that our love story had been written. I thank the Lord from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to meet you. I hope that you feel every day how important you are to me.
39. I knew someone should have warned me from falling deeply in love with you. Now, I feel my soul is connected to yours that I will be very lost if I did not love you. What I feel for you is something genuine. Your happiness is my happiness, and your sadness is my sadness.
40. I find your eyes mesmerizing and powerful. When I look at them, I feel a lot of peace, happiness, and hope. I guess you make me feel alive. The joy I feel with you is always with me. Because of the peacefulness, I feel like I am in heaven when you are beside me.
41. My darling, no one brings as much happiness to my life as you. In your company, I find love that I have never known before. I can’t imagine what my life would be without you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You have given me so much love and encouragement that I don’t think I will be able to return all that to you. You have been lighting up the dark and bringing joy to my heart. When I am with you I feel alive and strong.
42. Honey, you know that with you by my side, my day seems brighter and full of love. When I first saw you, I just wanted to be with you, to hug and kiss you until we both ran out of breath. I must be the luckiest man in the world because I have your love. Every time I think about you, I can’t help but smile. You’re the reason I smile all the time now. I love you, Honey. I heard that you cherish everything between you and me. That’s really great. I never thought I would have such a lasting influence on you.
43. I love us. We’re the cutest. I know that sounds braggy, but I mean it when I say that I think we make the perfect couple. We understand each other. We listen to each other. We inspire each other to become stronger with each passing day. Happy anniversary . I cannot wait to spend another year alongside you, because there is no place I would rather be. You’re stuck with me. You better remember that!
44. I know I am bad at expressing my love but I want to do this. You have changed me for real. You have changed something inside me, I don’t think I was used to this before I met you. I was so lost in my thoughts, you have made me realise the power of my thoughts. You have had the most magical effect on my life. When I am with you I don’t think about anything else but your love. I want to truly confess my love to you, you have been the most important part of my life and will remain in time. I truly love you!
45. What we have together is unique. It is a special bond that is strong and unbreakable. We can make it through anything we encounter and we will only grow stronger from the trials we face together. Together, we are stronger. Being with you has made me a better person and I can’t believe that I found you. Ever since I met you, I never want to let you go. The attraction that you and I share is one that is so intense and I never want to be separated from you.
46. There are a thousand ways to say I love you around the world, but only one way to prove it and that is by actions. You have proved that you love me unconditionally time and again. You were that one person who was by my side when all the world was against me. I have known ever since that day that you were the one for me. I try to love you and take care of you as much and as well as I can. I hope you know that I have the best intentions always, so forgive me if I ever hurt you or caused you pain. I love you for now until forever and will never leave your side.
47. My life would have been so different had you not been there with me. You have filled every corner of my heart with your love. You have showered me with so much care and affection that I feel I must have done something right in my life to deserve you.
48. When you hold my hand, when you kiss me, and when you hug me, I feel like I am the most fortunate person in this world. There is something so magical about the love we both have for each other because it brings me immense joy. I am glad that our paths crossed and we fell in love.
49. Just a little reminder that when I am with you, I wish that time passes more slowly, because I want to make the most of every moment I live with you. You are the most special present from the Almighty, and I am fortunate that you are mine. I promise to love you till eternity.
50. Until I met you, I had no idea that life could be full of happiness. There are so many new things and feelings that I have experienced with you. You brought into my life so much warmth and love that I have learned to live a life beyond my insecurities. You have become my biggest strength and my most precious asset. I will love you till my last breath, and I will always stand by you till eternity.
51. There is nothing I want more from this life because I have got you. The only wish I have is that I always have you with me in each moment, sharing all of my joys and sorrows. All I want is to start my day with your smile and end it with your warmth and love. I pray that our bond of love is always blessed and we stay together forever and ever.
52. I love you so much that you are always in my thoughts, no matter what I am doing. I always think about the beautiful memories we have created together, and I want to make many more lovely moments. You are the best thing that has happened to me, and I thank you for all the love you have brought into my life. Thank you for making me a fortunate man.
53. I was convinced that love is blind because someone as gorgeous as you fell in love with someone like me. But whatever be the case, I feel that I am truly fortunate that you have accepted my love. Thank you for being there for me and for being my rock. With you I feel like one in a million.
54. Love of my life , You are the first thing I think of when I wake up and I’m looking forward to a life where I will wake up next to you, not needing to imagine you, because you will be sleeping right there next to me.
55. To my soulmate, I love you. I love you. I love you. I can never say those three words enough and unfortunately, I feel like you haven’t heard them at all lately. I’m sorry about that. I’ve been so overwhelmed with work that I haven’t had the time to give you much attention, but that will change soon. Do you know why? Because I love you. I love you. I love you.
56. I’ll love you like I’ve never been hurt. I’ll make you feel good like life has never been bad. It pays to be in love with you. I’ll give the only love I have in me to you. I’ll show you that my smile belongs to you, that my loyalty is with you and my dream is about you. I would fly a plane just to reach you faster, I’ll adorn you with the finest things in life. Because of you, I’ll make my life about love and whenever you say you love me I’ll fall in love with you all over again. My love, never listen to naysayers.
57. I wanna live on an island with you, protected from the intrusion of naysayers, an island of peace, with the serenity of our love flowing upon the waters. It’s not just a wish but it’s a dream I hope to make true with you, by building a home of peace filled with love, protected by the giant walls of trust, serenaded by my commitment all day and night. Baby, cause I love you.
58. This journey isn’t always easy, but you have stuck by my side from the first day. I no longer live for myself because everything you do gives my life purpose. I live for us and our deep connection.
59. I asked God to send me the best girlfriend in the world, but He sent me a wonderful woman , who has become my true friend, a passionate lover, a caring partner, and the one without whom I cannot live! Thank you for being in my life.
60. I will always pray for that moment that I’ll be the last person you will kiss goodnight, hug at midnight when It’s cold, and wake up to a good morning hug. I want to exist for your love, because life has a different meaning with you in my life. I can’t wait to have you as my wife officially.
61. Some people are lucky enough to be able to put their emotions down on paper. Nevertheless, I will try my best to convey to you the depth of my ferocious love for you. The route of my life changed since the day I met you. You bring out the best in me. Your love gives me wings. Never have I ever been able to show gratitude for the small things in life; the warm showers, the scent of freshly washed linens, the aroma of oven-baked cookies, a food full of table, and everything in between. Thank you for blessing my soul. You may be a human being to the rest of the world, but to me, you are an angel.
62. You are no ordinary person. You may think you’re ordinary, but that would also change if I told you the manner in which you have bewitched my mind, body, and soul. You are the reaping essence of spring’s first bloom. Your soft, soothing voice and beautiful smile make my day so much brighter. Your caressing touch makes me want to reside in your subtle embrace forever. Your presence in my life is what makes it lively and whole. You are wonderful; I love you.
63. I did not know about luck until you came into my life. But now I do. I am lucky to embrace you in my arms every night. Waking up next to you in the morning is the best feeling in the world. Your laughter is my kryptonite; I’d do anything for you to make you smile. Your teary-eyed face tugs on my heartstrings ever so badly. My world has started to revolve around you. I am so lucky to call you mine.
64. Everything else becomes irrelevant when I’m with you. Your presence is so soothing, and I yearn for it everywhere I go. What is it about you that has made me lose interest in everything else? You have captured my attention, and I will forever be in awe of your charisma. I am so lucky to have you in my life.
65. Let’s go somewhere quiet, where the background noise of this world can not penetrate our silent whispers and ardent telepathy. I want us to rediscover ourselves and breathe life into this new chapter of our life where we’re madly in love with each other. I want to take you away from here and never see you cry again. Let’s start this new phase in life somewhere only we know.
66. I never thought I could become someone’s need or desire. You make me feel so loved, so wanted. I love the way I feel when I’m with you. No barriers, no insecurities, no toxicity. Everything negative that this world gave to me, you took it away. You make my worries disappear. Thank you for being the light in my life.
67. I love our energy when we’re together. It’s like nothing else in the world matters. It’s just us, our romantic kisses, our tight cuddles, and immense laughter. I could have lived through a thousand life cycles but could have never found a woman as lovely as you. Thank you for enlightening my life forever.
68. Everything that I used to do alone is a thousand times better when I do it with you. Sneaking in bed with our favorite snacks and watching decade-old movies has now become a weekend ritual I look forward to all week. I enjoy cooking with you, especially when we’re making comfort food to sit out the cold, rainy days. I love cuddling with you at night; our bodies wrapped around each tightly feels surreal. You’ve made my life a fantasy movie in motion. I love life because of you. I love you.
69. It’s not possible to give love when you’ve got none for yourself. You came into my life at an hour that was dark and melancholic. How you managed to make me fall in love with myself is a miracle. You’re a blessing in disguise, and I just want you to know that you have made my life absolutely amazing.
70. I just want you to know that your aura is so radiant. You have a beaming smile, and your face glows like you’ve been sent from the heavens above. Everywhere you go, you bring a smile to people’s faces. You’re not only beautiful from the outside but from within as well. Your soft corner for the needy and poor is such a rarity. You are indeed a blessing in disguise. You are my favorite muse and my most cherished possession. I love having you in my life.
71. It’s about time someone told you how amazing you are. I used to be a different person before I met you. I didn’t like myself, and I failed to see the good in others. With you, I see everything bright and colorful, even if it is sparse. My life no longer suffers in a monochrome filter, for you have filled it with every color in this universe. You brought me warmth when I was cold, you brought me love when I least deserved it, and you set ablaze a desire within me that brings me nearer to you by the passing minute. I love you.
Evidently, there are more than enough love messages you can write to your girlfriend to prove that you love and adore her. Charm your dear one today by implementing some of the love messages we’ve reviewed here, and watch your relationship scale to new heights.
Posted by: Igor
Igor is a SEO specialist, designer, and freelance writer. He believes that knowledge can change the world and be used to inspire and empower young people to build the life of their dreams. When he is not writing in his favorite coffee shop, Igor spends most of his time reading, traveling, producing house music, and capturing light with his camera. He is a sucker for good coffee, Indian food, and video games.
Home — Essay Samples — Life — Falling in Love — Nothing Gonna Change My Love For You
Nothing Gonna Change My Love for You
- Subject: Life
- Category: Family
- Essay Topic: Falling in Love , Love
- Published: 23 January 2022
- Downloads: 803
About My Love for You
Remember! This is just a sample.
You can get your custom paper by one of our expert writers.
121 writers online
Remember: This is just a sample from a fellow student.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but [...]
Love is a strong, undefined emotion with no wrong definition because it is different for every person. This emotion is overwhelming and can be experienced in many ways, whether it's between family, friends or lovers. Like Water [...]
My name is David. I lived in Bogor Indonesia. This is just another boring day in the class. I just sit down in my desk and lay down my head on my arm. The bell is ring, but it different. The teacher come with new student. I [...]
Is there really a trick to getting girls to fall in love with you? The short answer is yes, but it’s not magic or deception. A guy can fall in love in many different ways, but commonly it’s at first sight. First, we fall in love [...]
Everyone has the right to choose the manner in which they want to live their live. This is an important issue to me as it provides a blueprint of how I will achieve my life goals. Having experienced people suffer because of [...]
Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet explains love through the use of three different kinds of love: unrequited love between Romeo and Rosaline, true love between Romeo and Juliet, and cynical love from Mercutio and the Nurse. The use [...]
Many say that walks bring out emotions that are otherwise unfelt. In Pride and Prejudice, Austen creates walks to portray characters’ emotions and revelations. When looking into Darcy and Elizabeth’s relationship, walks serve as [...]
There are many reasons that parents should get involved in their children’s school. Students who have concerned and involved parents tend to get better grades. When a parent asks questions about homework and assignments, [...]
In The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood, Offred, the main character lives in Gilead, a dystopia where fertile women are solely used to reproduce children. Known as handmaids, these women are confined into prison-like [...]
Find Free Essays
We provide you with original essay samples, perfect formatting and styling
Cite this Essay
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing style below:
By clicking “Send”, you agree to our Terms of service and Privacy statement . We will occasionally send you account related emails.
Where do you want us to send this sample?
Be careful. This essay is not unique
This essay was donated by a student and is likely to have been used and submitted before
Download this Sample
Free samples may contain mistakes and not unique parts
Sorry, we could not paraphrase this essay. Our professional writers can rewrite it and get you a unique paper.
Please check your inbox.
We can write you a custom essay that will follow your exact instructions and meet the deadlines. Let's fix your grades together!
Are you interested in getting a customized paper?
We can help you get a better grade and deliver your task on time!
- Instructions Followed To The Letter
- Deadlines Met At Every Stage
- Unique And Plagiarism Free
- Quote of the Day
- Picture Quotes
I Love You Quotes
Standart top banner.
I'm thinking of you, that's all I do, all the time. You're always the first and the last thing on this heart of mine. No matter where I go, or what I do, I'm thinking of you.
I love you also means I love you more than anyone loves you, or has loved you, or will love you, and also, I love you in a way that no one loves you, or has loved you, or will love you, and also, I love you in a way that I love no one else, and never have loved anyone else, and never will love anyone else.
I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you.
You are the sunshine of my life, you take the clouds away and make me a rainbow every day. You're in my heart where you'll forever stay. I love you, sweetheart.
Every morning when I wake up I think about you. Before going to bed you still linger on my mind. If there was any better way of letting you know exactly how I feel, you would know that I'm so in love with you.
In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.
Falling in love is one of the most beautiful feelings in the world. Its a feeling that you cannot resist and a feeling that you can almost never forget. Being touched by the feeling of love is the most memorable of all.
I love you because I love you, because it would be impossible not to love you. I love you without question, without calculation, without reason good or bad, faithfully, with all my heart and soul, and every faculty.
I want you for always...days, years, eternities.
You are the sunshine of my life! Thanks for brightening my world with the warmth of your Love.
If you want to know how much I love you, look into my eyes with your heart open.
My heart is ever at your service.
I love you with everything I am, everything I've been, and everything I hope to be. I love you with my past, and I love you for my future. I love you for the children we'll have and for the years we'll have together. I love you for every one of my smiles and even more, for every one of your smiles.
I want you any way I can get you. Not because you’re beautiful or clever or kind or adorable, although devil knows you’re all those things. I want you because there’s no one else like you, and I don’t ever want to start a day without seeing you.
You are all that I could ever ask for... I Love You very much!
You are every reason, every hope and every dream I've ever had.
I’m here. I love you. I don’t care if you need to stay up crying all night long, I will stay with you... There’s nothing you can ever do to lose my love. I will protect you until you die, and after your death I will still protect you. I am stronger than Depression and I am braver than Loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me.
I want the deepest, darkest, sickest parts of you that you are afraid to share with anyone because I love you that much.
I have so much of you in my heart.
I am catastrophically in love with you.
We don't need to explain our love. We only need to show it.
I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours.
There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.
Just because it's true, I say as often as I can in as many ways as I can form, "I sure love you."
last adds STANDART BOTTOM BANNER
- The author didn't say that
- There is a mistake in the text of this quote
- The quote belongs to another author
- Other error
Get Social with AzQuotes
Follow AzQuotes on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Every day we present the best quotes! Improve yourself, find your inspiration, share with friends
SIDE STANDART BANNER
- WordPress plugin
- Submit Quotes
Login with your account
Create account, find your account.
- Skip to main content
- Skip to primary sidebar
- Skip to footer
All Happy Quotes
Your daily portion of happiness
41 Best I Love You Quotes for Her to Share from the Heart
Update on December 28, 2020
“You reminded me what it feels like to love. You made me fall in love and, fuck, I don’t want to lose that. I don’t want to lose you.” – Nyrae Dawn
Do you wish to express your love for her but lack sweet words to completely touch her inner feelings? You’re not alone. Most men, start mumbling out incoherent words in front of a beautiful girl.
Even if you rehearsed thoroughly, you’ll still find yourself lost for words. This is exactly why this article will start you off with eloquent I love you quotes for her . In addition, it will provide you with tried ways to convince her that you love her. These I love you quotes for her images will surely sweep your woman off her feet.
Beautiful I Love Quotes for Her Images Compilation
The most beautiful I love you quotes for her we have scraped from across the web. The best ones to tell her your love with.
I Love You Quotes for Her
Not love quotes but I love you quotes for her. Express your feelings with these appropriately worded I love you quotes. Check more at 91+ Best I Love You Quotes that Supercharges Loving Relationship Fast .
You are my reason to life, my hope, my joy… No matter how complicated things are, I will always be by your side. I will always be yours.
I just want you to know that you are the best thing that ever happened to me. In case you still don’t know it: I love you.
If you are having a difficult day, remember that I love you.
I love you and I don’t want to lose you. Because my life has been better since the day I found out.
I love you with the breath, the smiles and the tears of all my life.
My love for you is mightier than Goliath and Niagara Falls combined.
I Love You So Much Quotes for Her
An outpouring of abundant love these I love you so much quotes for her will be able express. Say it, by sharing these quotes here.
Baby, you don’t need to take care of yourself anymore, because I am here to take care of you forever, until the day I die. I love you!
You are mine, just like a fish is to a sea. I can’t breathe air without feeling happy when I’m in your presence.
Other girls could do me a favor. But yours has always been way better than theirs. I love you.
When you are with me, you make me perfect. I love you.
So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.
I love you, not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you.
I Love You Quotes for Her from the Heart
Express your love with a deeper substance by saying it with these I love you quotes for her from the heart.
I’m not be the perfect lover, but I love you with all my heart.
I’m in love with your smile, your eyes, your voice, your body, your mind and your soul. Yes, you’ve guessed right: I am completely in love with you.
I just want to be yours. And I want you to be mine.
I am in love with your smile, your voice, your body, your laugh, your eyes. But most of all, I am in love with you.
I was made for you, born for you, love you with all my soul.
So many reasons are there to love you. Your cute smile, your sweet laugh, your innocence and your kind heart makes me love you.
Why I Love You Quotes for Her
Go on, offer definitions for the kind of love only you can give her. With these eloquent and full of deep feelings, why I love you quotes for her.
My heart was a once-broken city that got mended by you. I heart you, dear.
You make me complete. Without you, I am only pieces with no sense of being. I love you with all my heart, thanks for being with me.
My wench, my friend, my all, I love you…
I’m so in love in every moment spent with you, your love has touched my heart.
I love you the way a drowning man loves air. And it would destroy me to have you just a little.
If you can see yourself the way I see you, I bet you would also fall in love with yourself.
Best I Love You Quotes for Her
The best I love you quotes for her for the woman of your dreams. Share these to make her feel loved and special.
When I say I love you, don’t think it is just for fun or because I am supposed to do it. When I say I love you I really mean it.
I wish that I am a poet that can actually write perfect, lovely and romantic love quotes. But, I am not. Anyways I am still yours.
You are indeed a miraculous blessing. I can’t really feel okay without your love.
I love showing you how much I love you.
Sunrises and sunsets have become so much more beautiful ever since I met you.
Thank you for stealing my eyes from the crowd and stealing my heart from me.
I Love Your Smile Quotes For Her
In appreciation of the loveliest smile that can make your day grand, these I love your smile quotes are perfect to trip the leaver that will launch your most awaited radiance.
Even when you don’t say a word, I still see affection burning in your eyes I Love you.
I’m in love you for what you have been, for what you are and for you are going to be.
Love you not because you are rich or but, your faithfulness and sacrifice. I really love you, dear.
Every single second my love for you grows.
Every time I see you I fall in love all over again.
I promise to handle your heart with care and treasure it with love.
I Love You More Quotes for Her
The more you know your partner the more you feel deeply in love with her. Here are some I love you more quotes to deliver your profound message.
If love, as they think, is but a mere feeling, mine is not ephemeral as it seems. Love you.
I’ve always longed for the day that you will say you are mine and you have just said that I love you.
My desire is like yours. The more you show, the more I express even beyond your efforts.
You took everything from me, so I am taking it all from you, I am taking all your love for me.
I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.
I love you like how potbellied policemen are obsessed with donuts and how chubby kids love ice cream.
How to Convince Her that I Love Her
Most of the time you may truly love a woman but she doesn’t seem convinced. Here are proven successful ways you can use to convince her . Well…on top of the I love you quotes for her that you will be sending her way.
Show her to your parents/ guardians
Why not? When you really love her, you don’t have to fear to show her off. And what a better convincing audience than your parents/ guardians? Inviting her over to your home is a sure way to show her that you’re taking your relationship seriously.
Pay a surprise visit to her at home
Going out and spending sweet moments together is fun. However, you should plan to give her a surprise visit at home. Get her completely off-guard and let her know she is special even without makeup.
A love letter is as timeless as love itself. If you can pen down a description of your feelings in a letter, let your hand write all the words . Never limit your hand from writing the words down. Tell her how you feel whenever she’s close to you. Remember to express your gratitude for her contribution to the success of your relationship. You can put your love letter in her handbag or anywhere you’re sure she will easily see. You can also share these sweet I love you quotes for her in your letters.
Support her physically, mental, and financially
You should always make an effort to give your girlfriend maximum support. Help her in career development path in any way you can. If it means giving her a helping hand with the house chores, do it. Ultimately, it shows you’re caring and concerned.
Mental and financial support may go a long way in guarding her against stress and depression. Support her in her hobbies and dreams.
Go an extra mile with her
You should be willing to sacrifice and make compromises to make her feel loved. Watch her favorite movie series with her even if you don’t like them. The goal is to assure her that you love her regardless of her peculiar preferences. If she’s working on her weight loss exercises, encourage her and join her on her routine.
Promptly respond to her
Never hesitate to reply to her text messages, missed calls, or emails. Keep your communication channels open at all times. This will convince her that even though you are far from her, you’ll always be available.
Be there for your woman
Sometimes the only assurance your girlfriend needs is your presence. Find time to be there for her no matter how packed is your schedule. Be there to always listen to her fears, stories, or even just to see each other for a few minutes can be enough to convey your affection.
Don’t let her drown alone in her thoughts but offer a listening ear and a caring heart as well. This will show you deeply love your woman and will never let anything come between you.
Never forget her birthday and Valentine’s day
If there days you should never forget in the calendar of your love, it is these two. Help her celebrate her birthday in style. Be there in person on this special occasion.
February 14th is the other day you should keep in your mind. Pamper and shower her with love on this lovers day. Take her out and treat her like the lovely queen she is to you.
On these two occasions, buy her a gift. It can be a simple gift to show your love for her; a rose, a dress, a nice pair of shoes or even a piece of lingerie.
Don’t forget to say I love you always
Lastly, telling her “I love you”, may seem simple for you but it means a lot to her. Say this three-word sentence as many times as possible and mean it. Use our I love you quotes for her and convince her that you truly love her today and watch her beautiful smile shine.
Hi! Celine here, your Chief Happiness Officer. I’m teaching my daughters how to spark happiness in order to find become happy from within. I didn’t expect they would’ve be teaching me as much as I teach them. Sam, my eldest said to me, ‘Ma, we can make more people happy online.’ Since then, we’ve dedicated ourselves to this community to bring happiness to YOU, wherever you are!
May 20, 2019 at 6:12 am
My boyfriend is now a hopeless romantic since he found your site. I didn’t say anything I found where he gets his quotes. Love the ones he picks and sends to me.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
GET DAILY QUOTES
Get daily Quotes in your inbox for a happy start of your day!
Search for Quotes
How to say I love you in English in 183 creative ways
Love is a beautiful feeling that extends throughout all of humanity. We use the word "love" in daily conversation constantly, but do you know all the ways to express yourself when it comes to love?
It may seem English doesn’t have as many expressions to say “I love you” as, let’s say, French or Spanish, which are considered two of the most romantic languages in the world. However, there are more ways to express love in English than you may expect! That’s because there are many different situations that call for different ways to say those three little words.
So, to help you do that, we’ve prepared a (long) list of ways to say I love you in English. Ready? Let there be love!
Why learn how to say I love you in English?
Some people have no trouble expressing their feelings. For others, saying “I love you” doesn’t come easily. But no matter which one you are, knowing how to express your love for someone is important.
Here are a few reasons why:
It will help you express your feelings more fluently
Whether you’re falling in love, already deeply in love with someone, or want to express your feelings of love to your parents or friends, you may need different ways to say it.
Without a doubt, knowing how to say I love you in English will help you express your feelings more accurately and fluently.
You never know when you might meet your soulmate
Maybe you’re one of the lucky people who have already met their soulmates. Or, maybe you’ll meet them in the future. Either way, it’s important to be able to express how you feel about them! And even if you don’t believe in soulmates, there’s someone out there you care about.
It will help you express your appreciation of your close ones
Saying “I love you” isn’t reserved just for your romantic partner. You can also say it to your friends, family, or even your pup. A platonic “I love you” can mean many different things. It can mean that you appreciate them, love their company, or care about them.
Ways to say I love you in English
In English, "I love you" is the most common phrase used to express your feeling of love. It is a short sentence, but it is very powerful. We usually say it to our romantic partner or someone we’re in love with. However, it can also be used platonically, for example, to your mum or your best friend.
But, saying these three words may not always be appropriate, or you may not be ready to say them yet. So, other expressions beyond the standard “I love you” can come in handy in some situations.
Here are some ways to say I love you in English in different situations.
To a boyfriend, girlfriend, and/or romantic love
Maybe you’re happily in love with someone you really care about and feel like shouting it from the rooftops. Or, perhaps you’re at the point where you want to express your feelings for someone, but you’re not really sure how.
Either way, here are a few ways to say “I love you” to your bae to help you express your feelings.
- I love so much
- I love you a lot
- I love you too
- I love you forever
- I love you unconditionally
- I love you to the moon and back
- I love you with all my heart
- I love you more than life itself
- I love you more than anything
- I love you more than I love myself
- I love you from the bottom of my heart
- I love you from the bottom of my soul
- I love you more than any word can say
- I’m nothing without you
- I’m lost without you
- I have feelings for you
- I’m crazy about you
- I’m head over heels for you
- I’m head over heels in love with you
- I adore you
- I’ve fallen for you
- I’m falling in love with you
- I’m in love with you
- You fill my heart
- You’re the love of my life
- I can’t live without you
- I care about you
- You’re my everything
- You’re the one for me
- You’re my one and only
- You’re my sunshine
- You rock my world
- I want to spend my life with you
- You mean so much to me
- I’ve got a crush on you
- You’re the light of my life.
- I will always love you
- I’m mad about you
- I’m nuts about you
- I cherish you
- You’re my angel
- You stole my heart
- You give me wings to fly
- You mean the world to me
- I’m fond of you
- You make my heart skip a beat
- There isn't a word in the dictionary for how much I love you
- My heart is where you are
- It's so easy to love you
- I'm so lucky to have you by my side
- My heart is yours forever
- I love you more each day
- I love you more than coffee, and that's saying a lot.
- I’m head over heels for you.
- Te amo (Spanish)
To a friend, family member, or platonic love
Family and friendships are an important part of every culture. In English, there are many different ways to express your feelings of love and appreciation to your friends and family. Here are some of them:
- You’re my best friend
- I love you, mum/dad/grandma/grandpa
- You always make my day brighter
- You put a smile on my face
- I love you as a friend
- I love your company
- I love you guys
- I love you, you’re the best!
- You are one of my dearest friends
- I miss you!
- I’m so grateful to have you as a friend
- I couldn't have asked for a better friend/mum/dad
- You’re the best mum/dad/brother/friend in the world!
- Ain’t nothing better than a bestie like you!
- Thanks for being my best friend!
- Thanks for being the best mum/dad/brother/sister!
- You’re my favorite human on this planet!
How to say I like you in English
In that awkward stage of not-yet-in-a-relationship but not friends either? Trying to ask your next-door neighbor out? The way you flirt with the person you like will likely impact what happens next. So, to help you be fully prepared, we’ve gathered a list of a few useful ways to say “I like you” in English:
- I really like you
- I like you a lot
- Will you go out with me?
- Can I take you out?
- Would you have dinner with me?
- I’d love to go out with you
- I’d love to go on a date with you
- I’d like to take you out on a date
- You’re cute/handsome/beautiful
- You look handsome/beautiful
- I like your smile/eyes/something else
- I like everything about you
- I’m really having fun with you
- I enjoy being around you
- I love the way you smile
- I find you attractive
- You’re lovely
- I can’t stop thinking about you
- I'm completely smitten with you
- I've had a crush on you since the first time I saw you
- You're my kind of weird
Cute ways to say I love you in English
Not quite ready to say “I love you”? We get it. Expressing how you feel about someone is not always easy! Especially if you might be afraid they don’t feel the same way.
So, breaking the ice with a cute and funny way to say I love you in English might just be the right solution! Here are a few expressions that you might find helpful (they sound really cute in a text message, too):
- I love you so matcha
- You’re the LOL to my OMG
- You’re the peanut butter to my jelly
- You're the peanut to my butter
- You’re the crayons to my coloring book
- You’re the guacamole to my taco
- You guac my world
- We fit together like puzzle pieces
- I love you from your toes to your nose to where your hair grows!
- I’ve fallen for you… and I can’t get up
- We go together like biscuits and gravy
- My heart is full of emotional emojis right now
- I love you more than chocolate, pumpkin spice lattes, and sweatpants combined
- You're my favorite person to fall asleep next to
- I love you more than pumpkin pie
- I love you more than coffee, and that's saying a lot
- I love you a bushel and a peck, and a hug around the neck
Ways to say I love you in Shakespearean English
If you’re a hopeless romantic like Romeo or Juliet, these love quotes, expressions, and verses from Shakespearean English are for you. If you're looking to get creative with your expression of affection, look no further! Here are some of the most poetic ways we could find to help you express your undying love to your bae.
Love quotes from movies and television
Cheesy or heart-melting? You be the judge!
From the timeless classics to the brand new film and television, these lines from some favorite big screen and TV show actors might make you laugh, swoon, cringe or ask whose been cutting onions nearby (Severus Snape, we’re looking at you).
No matter your reaction, these lines are worthy examples of creative and unique ways to verbalize love in English – so up the ante, grab the popcorn and embrace these love quotes from movies and TV.
Say “I love you” with these romantic love songs in English
In the history of music, there have been so many songs about love. They’re all different, and some are more meaningful than others. And if you’ve read any of our blog articles, you know how much we love learning languages from songs !
It’s a fun way to make new vocabulary stick in your head. So, here are a few of our favorite love songs in English:
All You Need Is Love by The Beatles
This is undoubtedly one of the most popular songs about love of all time. The lyrics are straightforward, making the song easy for anyone to understand, even if you’re at a beginner level of English .
All of Me by John Legend
The lyrics in this song are stunning. This song talks about loving someone for who they truly are. This song is a beautiful way to let your partner know exactly how you feel about them and what makes them special to you. And it also contains a lot of practical, romantic expressions in English!
I Just Called to Say I Love You - Stevie Wonder
This beautiful song by Steve Wonder can help you remember different phrases to say “I love you” to someone you care about. It’s catchy, easy to sing, and its lyrics are pretty simple, so you’ll be able to understand it even if you’re not very fluent in English (yet!).
Three little words, countless ways to say it
The expression of love is wonderfully diverse, and whether you're a native English speaker or not, many of us have so much choice in finding the right words when we want to express our feelings beyond the classic three words.
We hope that this extensive list of different ways to say I love you in English will help you find the right words to express your feelings for the one you love and cherish.
And speaking of love, if you cherish this article, you can find more free English vocabulary blog lessons on our learn English blog.
Expand your knowledge of English
Learn with Berlitz
March 14, 2022
90 marvelous shades of color in English from mint green to mango
December 20, 2021
107 interesting and different ways to say hi in English
July 15, 2021
Conversational English: The real way people talk
1-866-423-7548, find out more.
Fill in the form below and we’ll contact you to discuss your learning options and answer any questions you may have.
I Love You Quotes
Cassie, We can never put into words how proud we are of you. You have never done anything halfway. Your work ethic and your determination have constantly amazed us. You have made us incredibly proud-- not only for how hard you work, but more importantly, because of who you are and what you stand for. We are so grateful that God blessed us with you. We pray that you will keep God first in your life and that you will seek His guidance in all of life's decisions. "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:6 Always remember how much we love you, and don't ever forget that we are always here for you. We love you!! Dad and Mom
In this essay, the author
- Opines that cassie's work ethic and determination have constantly amazed them. they are so grateful that god blessed them with her.
- Analyzes how the quote relates to the theme importance of love and relationships. offred is forced to be dependent of gileadian society and she no longer has the right to say no.
- Analyzes how james is a conformist, emotional, and loving character in celeste ng's "everything i never told you".
- Analyzes how james learned to assimilate and be quiet by living through racist and microaggressive situations in his life.
- Analyzes how james was overcome with emotion and reacted violently to nath's poor phrasing. he kicked the television to the floor in a burst of glass and sparks.
- Analyzes how james has had conflicts with most of his family members at least once, but he loves them. james taunts nath to deter him from being the stereotypical intelligent asian.
- Analyzes how the quote made them think of the book, hate list, by jennifer brown, about a valerie leftman's boyfriend, nick, opening fire on their school cafeteria.
- Explains that nick and valerie made a hate list to vent their anger on the people who were nasty to them, and christy bruter bullied her.
- Opines that the school shooting was caused by students bullying nick and valerie to the point where nick wanted to hurt anyone who had ever hurt them.
- Analyzes how jimmy valentine is a changed man. he went to prison because he was an robber, but was released after the warden told him to live his life in the real world.
- Analyzes how jimmy is a changed man because he found love. he is getting married and has enough heart to love someone.
- Analyzes how jimmy is a changed man because he is leaving the past behind him.
- Analyzes how jimmy is a changed man because he found success in his own way.
- Argues that jimmy is still the same thief he always was. there are a few points that could be noted and remembered as proof of jimmy didn't change at all.
- Explains that jimmy is a new, changed man. he changed because he found love, left the past behind, and found success in his own way.
- Analyzes how the monster witnessed love and affection in the world. the monster asked victor to create him a female.
- Narrates how gwen sighs as if there is a serious issue with what is being asked. justin says not confronting your problems is the new therapy.
- Analyzes how gwen huffs when she responds to sulfuric love. justin uses sarcasm about therapy. tasha asked cortez to make her a scrambled egg.
- Analyzes how the main character, belly, learns that anything you want really badly can wait for you, which in her case, was marriage. the quote is one of the more unexpected points in the book.
- Analyzes how belly realizes that she doesn't need to marry jeremiah, and how she needs to mature and grow.
- Opines that jayden rose isn't a peculiar question. anyone with self-confidence could call themselves loyal, beautiful, kindhearted, or even amicable.
- Recounts how they were given many obstacles in life that required maturity that a 6 year old shouldn't have to deal with. they were living state by state and had just "settled," in detroit, michigan.
- Describes how they were abandoned by their gaurdian when they moved out to georgia. they lived with their adoring aunt and their respectful father.
- Narrates how they were uprooted from their home in lawrenceville, georgia to live with their very accepting father. they had to deal with the devil's advocate, the social dynamic of school.
- Opines that middle school for them was purgatory. their bestfriend was the school administrator and the janitor and librarian used to buy them lunch.
- Opines that life goes on, whether you choose to move on and take a chance on the unknown, or stay behind, locked in the past, thinking of what could’ve been.
- Narrates how jimmy valentine was relieved to be out of jail for being a burglar and saved agatha from the safe.
- Analyzes how jimmy valentine was going to sell his tools because he met annabelle and wanted to change. he used these high-class tools to rob banks and other places.
- Describes how jimmy wanted to leave jail and start over, so he moved and began a new life.
- Analyzes how jimmy saved agatha, showing that he really wanted to change himself. he may have never sold his tools, but in the end it all turned out okay.
- Analyzes how jimmy was hesitant about speaking to people, but he turned himself around and changed into a new person.
- Explains that jimmy valentine saved agatha from the safe, he was going to sell his tools, and moved to start over his life.
- Opines that there are times when you have to obey a call which is the highest of.
- Explains that vows are purely religious acts that cannot be taken in a fit of remorse.
- Opines that to forgive is not to forget. the merit lies in loving in spite of the circumstances.
- Explains that creeds are such for which people live for.
- Explains that once we lose the moral basis, we cease to be religious.
- Explains that reliance on god, the rock of ages, means seeking his aid.
- Opines that when they admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, their summary is:
- Explains that crawling on one's belly, in order to be able to save one’s head, is necessary.
- Explains that violent men have not been known in history to die to a man.
- Opines that failing to reach the ideal which they know to be true is painful.
- Opines that he who trifles with truth cuts at the root of ahimsa. he who is angry.
- Opines that though we may know him by a thousand names, he is one and the same.
- Explains that we are all tarred with the same brush, and are children of one.
- Urges us all to be brave enough to die the death of a martyr, but let no one die.
- Describes the precepts of hate the sin and not the sinner.
- Opines that they do not want patronage, as they don't give any. they are a lover of theirs.
- Opines that each one has to find his peace from within. peace must be real.
- Analyzes how god insists on the merits of a cause. god is all seeing.
- Opines that we may have our private opinions, but why should they be a bar to the public?
- Opines that courage has never been known to be a matter of muscle.
- Opines that art, in order to be truly great, must, like the beauty of nature.
- Opines that god, as truth, has been for them a treasure beyond price.
- Explains faith in god and living in the presence of god.
- Explains that god is the sum total of all that lives. we may not be god, but we are god.
- Opines that there is no one without faults, not even men of god.
- Opines that it is good to see ourselves as others see us.
- Opines that we can only do this if we are not angry with our critics.
- Opines that violence in word and deed is only a symptom of violence.
- Opines that they have no strength except what god gives them.
- Opines that they want to see india free in their life-time, but god may not consider them.
- Opines that all compromise is based on give and take, but there can be no give.
- Opines that it is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. it is healthy.
- Opines that a man would not cherish living in another body than his own.
- Opines that it is i who am the victor, and not he, for the man has failed in summary
- Opines that strength may be physical or of the heart or, if we do not fight shy of it.
- Opines that they worship god only as truth and have not yet found him.
- Opines that we can only do so really with our lives.
- Explains that when they see a lustful man, they say to themselves, so was i once.
- Opines that they don't want their house to be walled in on all sides and their windows stuffed. they want the cultures of all the lands blown about their home as freely as possible.
- Opines that if they had no god to rely upon, they would be like timon, a hater of their
- Opines that it is easy to say, 'i do not believe in god.' god permits all things to be said of him with impunity. he looks at our acts.
- Opines that the spirit that every one of us should act, is not given to us to know the future, but it is given for everyone.
- Explains that man is the only animal created by god in order that he may know his maker.
- Opines that any man or woman can achieve what they have, if they would make the same effort and cultivate it.
- Opines that blasting their belief in god, and they are dead.
- Opines that it is foolish to think that by fleeing one can trick the dread god of
- New Testament
- God in Christianity
51 A Paragraph On How Much I Love You
A Paragraph On How Much I Love You : There’s no set pattern on how to write a paragraph for your girlfriend or boyfriend, it’s about how it flows from your heart — how you follow your heart to compose a paragraph expressing love. You may suck at writing a paragraph expressing love, but she might end up loving it.
So, to help you compose something emotional and romantic , I have outlined for you several a paragraph on how much I love you . Do you have an idea of creating those lovely write-ups? Check mine, there must be one to go smoothly with that idea of yours.
I know how much these messages will serve as a bonding agent to cement every space in your relationship. Back in the days, what was used to send love messages across was letters; but today, the level of modernization has skyrocketed, compared to when the use of letters was in vogue.
A Paragraph On How Much I Love You
2. Whenever I need advice, you are always there to make sure that you advise me properly on what to do. I respect you. Anytime I face challenges, tough times, and troubles — you are always around to stand by me. I love you.
CHECK: 41 Love Notes To Send To Your Girlfriend
6. Sweetheart, please don’t forget this: I love you and I always will. In my life right now, you are the best. No matter how much we fight, I won’t stop sending you these three words, “I love you.” I appreciate the day you stepped your first foot into my life. I love you.
10. All I can do, I mean everything, to make sure that our love lasts forever. Because we are meant to be with each other forever. I love you.
TRENDING: 31 A Nice Paragraph To Say To Your Boyfriend
14. I feel like I’m the luckiest and most fortunate person in the world today. I feel so happy that I came across a wonderful and awesome person to love. You are my dream come true, and I’ll cherish you forever.
18. Through the thin and thick of life, you’ve always been there for me. You have always been around. The love I have for you is beyond the stars.
22. You are really and indeed my one and only adorable cheerleader. My love for you is more than love itself.
READ ALSO: 101 Romantic Love Messages For Your Lover
27. I don’t think I’ll ever afford to leave me, because the kind of love you shower on me. I haven’t experienced such love before. I love you.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: 51 Good Night Message To Make Her Fall In Love With You
32. I vow always to adore, respect, honor, cherish, and love you with everything of me — including my breath.
37. With every strength and breath, I will always love you. If there comes an afterlife, I’ll still love you in the afterlife. You are my everything, and I love you so much. I cherish you, honey.
CHECK NOW: 50+ I Miss You More Each Day Quotes
42. You can ask me anything because nothing would be too complicated for me to do for you. When I can jump in front of a train for you, what else would be incapable of doing for you? Just let me know. I love you.
47. Your beauty takes away my breath, but I get revived because you are my heartbeat. I love you, dearly.
TRENDING: 5 Ways To Make Anyone Fall In Love With You
If you are among the people, who asked this question, “how to write a paragraph for your girlfriend?” You are one of the reasons I compiled the above paragraphs expressing love. Don’t go a single day without sending A Paragraph On How Much I Love You .
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
- Animal Quotes
- Broken Heart
- Cute Quotes
- Falling In Love
- Finding Love
- Funny Quotes
- Hate and Love
- Heart and Soul
- Live to Love
- Love Forever
- Love Yourself
- Love and Life
- New Year Quotes
- Pride Quotes
- Self Growth
- Spiritual Love
- Thinking of You
- You're Beautiful
I Love You Quotes
There are many ways to tell your sweetheart 'I love you'.
One of the best ways to express your thoughts and feelings is by writing a romantic love message. You could write a poem, a quote, or just a simple message about how you feel.
- Next Page »
Valentine's Day is tomorrow!
Find the perfect Valentine message for him and her in our Valentine messages collection. We also have love quotes for him and her for any occasion.
- Valentine's Day Messages »
- Love Quotes For Him »
- Love Quotes For Her »
Pure Love Quotes
Love Quote Categories
Popular authors, search our site.
- Submit Quote
PureLoveQuotes.com © 2023
This Is Why I’m In Love With You
- Flag Flagged
I’m in love with you because you’re lovable. If you were to be put in a line-up of people and someone asked me, “Who would you love the most?”, I would pick you. You know why? You have kind eyes. You have eyes that make everyone else’s look dark and scary, including mine. How does one even get kind eyes? How do I convey warmth and vulnerability all in one glance? I guess I’ll just leave to that you. You’re the nice one in this relationship. You’re the one who makes me want to be more empathetic and stronger.
I’m in love with you because you make me feel safe. It sounds corny and vague. People always talk about feeling safe with someone and you wonder what it even means. I still don’t really know. All I know is that when I’m with you, I feel like I’m clutching a giant thing of pepper spray or reliving a moment of being carried to bed by my parents when I was five years old and fell asleep in front of the television. All day long, I can feel fragile, like a raw nerve, and when I come home to you, it’s like I just put on the thickest winter coat and installed bulletproof windows in my apartment. “Honey, I’m home….and no longer terrified.”
I’m in love with you because I’m not obsessed with you. This is a distinction worth noting, one that took me a long time to learn. In the past, I would confuse obsession with love. If I felt things intensely and regarded my lover as a mentor, it would mean that I was in head over heels. They were all the way up there and I was down here, studying them like a dutiful pupil, and that dynamic felt comfortable to me. That wasn’t real love though. Real love isn’t rife with inequities. I’m in love with you because you’re my equal. We’re on the same page. It’s stable, unlike obsession, which is inherently erratic.
I’m in love with you because you’re my best friend. When people hesitate to call their partner their best friend, I’m incredulous as to why. Shouldn’t we all be falling in love with our best friend? By saying this, we’re not diminishing the value of our platonic friendships. They’re incomparable and exist in completely different realms. You need both to feel fulfilled. I need you, I need them. I need it all.
I’m in love with you because we aren’t afraid to fight. Relationships shouldn’t be a series of highs and lows but they shouldn’t be completely even either. You need to have disagreements in order to know that your love is strong, that it can survive trivial resentments, the debate between whether or not to get hydrangeas or lilies, chicken or steak, an action movie or a romcom. What these tiffs illustrate is the art of compromise. I’m beginning to realize that a big part of love is just relinquishing control and giving up your right to be a total brat. The idea should be that you love them more than any surface decision. You’re fine with being unhappy about the action movie, so long as they’re happy and you know you’ll be rewarded with an extra long orgasm later so it’s fine. Give and take, give and take.
More from thought catalog.
You Should Join The National Conversation About AIDS And HIV With #NYHAAD
Signs You Lack Self-Love (And How To Develop It)
The Best Relationship Advice No One Ever Told You
6 Things To Stop Doing If You Want To Find Love
Is Your Anxiety Sabotaging Your Relationship?
Migraines And Dating: How It Feels To Date Someone Who Cares
- EXPLORE Coupons Tech Help Pro Random Article About Us Quizzes Contribute Train Your Brain Game Improve Your English Popular Categories Arts and Entertainment Artwork Books Movies Computers and Electronics Computers Phone Skills Technology Hacks Health Men's Health Mental Health Women's Health Relationships Dating Love Relationship Issues Hobbies and Crafts Crafts Drawing Games Education & Communication Communication Skills Personal Development Studying Personal Care and Style Fashion Hair Care Personal Hygiene Youth Personal Care School Stuff Dating All Categories Arts and Entertainment Finance and Business Home and Garden Relationship Quizzes Cars & Other Vehicles Food and Entertaining Personal Care and Style Sports and Fitness Computers and Electronics Health Pets and Animals Travel Education & Communication Hobbies and Crafts Philosophy and Religion Work World Family Life Holidays and Traditions Relationships Youth
- HELP US Support wikiHow Community Dashboard Write an Article Request a New Article More Ideas...
- EDIT Edit this Article
- PRO Courses New Tech Help Pro New Expert Videos About wikiHow Pro Coupons Quizzes Upgrade Sign In
- Browse Articles
- Quizzes New
- Train Your Brain New
- Improve Your English New
- Support wikiHow
- About wikiHow
- Easy Ways to Help
- Approve Questions
- Fix Spelling
- More Things to Try...
- H&M Coupons
- Hotwire Promo Codes
- StubHub Discount Codes
- Ashley Furniture Coupons
- Blue Nile Promo Codes
- NordVPN Coupons
- Samsung Promo Codes
- Chewy Promo Codes
- Ulta Coupons
- Vistaprint Promo Codes
- Shutterfly Promo Codes
- DoorDash Promo Codes
- Office Depot Coupons
- adidas Promo Codes
- Home Depot Coupons
- DSW Coupons
- Bed Bath and Beyond Coupons
- Lowe's Coupons
- Surfshark Coupons
- Nordstrom Coupons
- Walmart Promo Codes
- Dick's Sporting Goods Coupons
- Fanatics Coupons
- Edible Arrangements Coupons
- eBay Coupons
- Log in / Sign up
- Education and Communications
- College University and Postgraduate
- Academic Writing
How to Put a Quote in an Essay
Last Updated: November 28, 2022 References
This article was co-authored by Christopher Taylor, PhD and by wikiHow staff writer, Danielle Blinka, MA, MPA . Christopher Taylor is an Adjunct Assistant Professor of English at Austin Community College in Texas. He received his PhD in English Literature and Medieval Studies from the University of Texas at Austin in 2014. There are 11 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. This article has been viewed 2,546,159 times.
Using a direct quote in your essay is a great way to support your ideas with concrete evidence, which you need to support your thesis. To select a good quote , look for a passage that supports your argument and is open to analysis. Then, incorporate that quote into your essay, and make sure you properly cite it based on the style guide you’re using.
Incorporating a Short Quote
- For instance, let's say this is the quote you want to use: "The brown leaves symbolize the death of their relationship, while the green buds suggest new opportunities will soon unfold."
- If you just type that sentence into your essay and put quotes around it, your reader will be disoriented. Instead, you could incorporate it into a sentence like this: "The imagery in the story mirrors what's happening in Lia's love life, as 'The brown leaves symbolize the death of their relationship, while the green buds suggest new opportunities will soon unfold.'"
- "Critic Alex Li says, 'The frequent references to the color blue are used to suggest that the family is struggling to cope with the loss of their matriarch.'"
- "According to McKinney’s research, 'Adults who do yoga at least three times a week have lower blood pressure, better sleeping patterns, and fewer everyday frustrations.'"
- "Based on several recent studies, people are more likely to sit on the park benches when they're shaded by trees."
- You still need to use quotation marks even if you're only quoting a few words.
- If you're in doubt, it's best to be cautious and use quotes.
- For example, let’s say you used the quote, “According to McKinney’s research, ‘Adults who do yoga at least three times a week have lower blood pressure, better sleeping patterns, and fewer everyday frustrations.’” Your commentary might read, “This shows that yoga can have a positive impact on people’s health, so incorporating it into the workplace can help improve employee health outcomes. Since yoga makes employees healthier, they’ll likely have reduced insurance costs.”
- When you use a paraphrase, you still need to provide commentary that links the paraphrased material back to your thesis and ideas.
Using a Long Quote
- The reader will recognize that the material is a direct quote because it's set off from the rest of the text. That's why you don't need to use quotation marks. However, you will include your citation at the bottom.
- "In The Things They Carried , the items carried by soldiers in the Vietnam war are used to both characterize them and burden the readers with the weight they are carrying: The things they carried were largely determined by necessity. Among the necessities or near-necessities were P-38 can openers, pocket knives, heat tabs, wristwatches, dog tags, mosquito repellent, chewing gum, candy cigarettes, salt tablets, packets of Kool-Aid, lighters, matches, sewing kits, Military Payment Certificates, C rations, and two or three canteens of water." (O'Brien 2)
Variation: When you're citing two or more paragraphs, you must use block quotes, even if the passage you want to quote is less than four lines long. You should indent the first line of each paragraph an extra quarter inch. Then, use ellipses (…) at the end of one paragraph to transition to the next.
- Your block quote will use the same spacing as the rest of your paper, which will likely be double-spacing.
- For example, “According to Li, “Rosa is the first sister to pick a rose because she’s the only one who’s begun to move on after their mother’s death” might become “According to Li, “Rosa is the first sister to pick a rose because she’s … begun to move on after their mother’s death.”
- Don’t eliminate words to change the meaning of the original text. For instance, it’s not appropriate to use an ellipsis to change “plants did not grow faster when exposed to poetry” to “plants did … grow faster when exposed to poetry.”
- For example, let’s say you want to use the quote, “All of them experienced a more relaxed, calmer disposition after doing yoga for 6 months.” This doesn’t tell the reader who you’re talking about. You could use brackets to say, “All of [the teachers in the study] experienced a more relaxed, calmer disposition after doing yoga for 6 months.”
- However, if you know the study is talking about teachers, you couldn’t use brackets to say, “All of [society experiences] a more relaxed, calmer disposition after doing yoga for 6 months.”
- If you don't explain your quote well, then it's not helping your ideas. You can't expect the reader to connect the quote back to your thesis for you.
- For instance, you may prefer to use a long block quote to present a passage from a literary work that demonstrates the author's style. However, let's say you were using a journal article to provide a critic's perspective on an author's work. You may not need to directly quote an entire paragraph word-for-word to get their point across. Instead, use a paraphrase.
Tip: If you’re unsure about a quote, ask yourself, “Can I paraphrase this in more concise language and not lose any support for my argument?” If the answer is yes, a quote is not necessary.
Citing Your Quote
- An MLA citation will look like this: (Lopez 24)
- For sources with multiple authors, separate their names with the word “and:” (Anderson and Smith 55-56) or (Taylor, Gomez, and Austin 89)
- If you use the author’s name in your lead-in to the quote, you just need to provide the year in parentheses: According to Luz Lopez, “the green grass symbolizes a fresh start for Lia (24).”
- An APA citation for a direct quote looks like this: (Ronan, 2019, p. 10)
- If you’re citing multiple authors, separate their names with the word “and:” (Cruz, Hanks, and Simmons, 2019, p. 85)
- If you incorporated the author’s name into your lead-in, you can just give the year and page number: Based on Ronan’s (2019, p. 10) analysis, “coffee breaks improve productivity.”
- For instance, a Chicago Style citation will look like this: (Alexander 2019, 125)
- If you’re quoting a source with multiple authors, separate them with the word “and:” (Pattinson, Stewart, and Green 2019, 175)
- If you already incorporated the author’s name into your quote, then you can just provide the year and page number: According to Alexander, “the smell of roses increases feelings of happiness” (2019, 125).
- For MLA, you'd cite an article like this: Lopez, Luz. "A Fresh Blossom: Imagery in 'Her Darkest Sunshine.'" Journal of Stories , vol. 2, no. 5, 2019, p. 15-22.  X Trustworthy Source Purdue Online Writing Lab Trusted resource for writing and citation guidelines Go to source
- In APA, you'd cite an article like this: Lopez, Luz. (2019). A Fresh Blossom: Imagery in "Her Darkest Sunshine." Journal of Stories , 2(5), 15-22.  X Trustworthy Source Purdue Online Writing Lab Trusted resource for writing and citation guidelines Go to source
- For Chicago Style, your article citation would look like this: Lopez, Luz. "A Fresh Blossom: Imagery in 'Her Darkest Sunshine.'" Journal of Stories 2 no. 4 (2019): 15-22.  X Trustworthy Source Purdue Online Writing Lab Trusted resource for writing and citation guidelines Go to source
Selecting a Quote
Tip: Quotes are most effective when the original language of the person or text you’re quoting is worth repeating word-for-word.
- If you’re struggling to explain the quote or link it back to your argument, then it’s likely not a good idea to include it in your essay.
- Paraphrases and summaries work just like a direct quote, except that you don’t need to put quotation marks around them because you’re using your own words to restate ideas. However, you still need to cite the sources you used.
Video . By using this service, some information may be shared with YouTube.
- Always cite your quotes properly. If you don't, it is considered plagiarism. ⧼thumbs_response⧽ Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
You Might Also Like
- ↑ https://www.ursinus.edu/live/files/1160-integrating-quotespdf
- ↑ https://lsa.umich.edu/sweetland/undergraduates/writing-guides/how-do-i-incorporate-quotes-.html
- ↑ https://helpfulprofessor.com/quotes/
- ↑ https://advice.writing.utoronto.ca/using-sources/quotations/
- ↑ https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/mla_style/mla_formatting_and_style_guide/mla_formatting_quotations.html
- ↑ https://guides.libraries.psu.edu/apaquickguide/intext
- ↑ https://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide/citation-guide-2.html
- ↑ https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/mla_style/mla_formatting_and_style_guide/mla_formatting_and_style_guide.html
- ↑ https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/reference_list_articles_in_periodicals.html
- ↑ https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/chicago_manual_17th_edition/cmos_formatting_and_style_guide/periodicals.html
- ↑ https://writingcenter.unc.edu/tips-and-tools/quotations/
About This Article
The content of this article is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, examination, diagnosis, or treatment. You should always contact your doctor or other qualified healthcare professional before starting, changing, or stopping any kind of health treatment.
To put a quote in an essay, incorporate it directly into a sentence if it's shorter than 4 typed lines. For example, you could write "According to researchers," and then insert the quote. If a quote is longer than 4 typed lines, set it off from the rest of the paragraph, and don't put quotes around it. After the quote, include an in-text citation so readers know where it's from. The right way to cite the quote will depend on whether you're using MLA, APA, or Chicago Style formatting. For more tips from our English co-author, like how to omit words from a quote, scroll down! Did this summary help you? Yes No
- Send fan mail to authors
Reader Success Stories
May 26, 2017
Did this article help you?
Mar 29, 2019
May 19, 2019
Feb 6, 2017
Mar 28, 2016
- Do Not Sell or Share My Info
- Not Selling Info
wikiHow Tech Help Pro:
Level up your tech skills and stay ahead of the curve
- Research Paper
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Book Report/Review
- Research Proposal
- Math Problems
- Movie Review
- Cover Letter Writing
- Personal Statement
- Nursing Paper
How to Use a Quote in an Essay
Table of Contents
MLA in-text citation how-to
You can take a quote from different sources of information, such as books, magazines, websites or printed journals. Using quotes in an essay serves three goals:
- Present additional evidence to support your point of view or oppose a claim or idea;
- Help a reader better understand a topic under analysis;
- Strengthen your argumentation on a topic using another writer’s eloquence.
Since quotes are mostly used in Humanities, you’ll have to follow MLA citation referencing guidelines. The Modern Language Association citation manual implies two types of quotes – short and long.
- Short quote – Is less than 4 lines of typed text and can be embedded directly into a sentence;
- Long quote – Is more than 4 lines of typed text and requires a separate content block in an essay without quotation marks.
Writing college essays, the recommendation is to use short quotes.
Referring to the works of other authors in-text is done using a parenthetical citation . Such a method implies the author-page style of quoting. For example:
When it comes to writing, King suggests: “Write. Rewrite. When not writing or rewriting, read. I know of no shortcuts.” (5)
Given the MLA in-text citation already contains King’s last name, you shouldn’t mention it in the parenthesis. If the author’s name isn’t mentioned in-text, it has to be specified in a parenthetical citation.
When it comes to writing, there’s a quote I like the most: “Write. Rewrite. When not writing or rewriting, read. I know of no shortcuts.” (King 5)
According to MLA guidelines, at the end of the essay, there has to be the Works Cited page . It contains the full reference featuring author’s full name, the full title of the source, the volume, the issue number, the date of publishing, and the URL (if the source was found online). Here’s an example of the full referencing in the Works Cited:
King, Larry L. “The Collection of Best Works.” Oxford University Press, vol. 2, no. 3, Jan.-Feb. 2017, http://www.prowritersdigest.com/editor-blogs/inspirational-quotes/72-of-the-best-quotes-about-writing.
How to start an essay with a quote?
Starting an essay with a quote is a matter of controversy. Experts in the pro camp suggest that a quote at the beginning of an essay helps make a powerful statement right from the start. Moreover, an interesting, captivating quote grabs the reader’s attention right from the start.
Experts from the against camp suggest that when you begin an essay with a quote, you miss on the opportunity to present your own take on the subject matter. In their opinion, when writing the introduction, you have to rely only on your words. Whereas quotes are most useful in the main body, serving as an additional argumentation. In conclusion, a quote can be placed, too.
How to use quotes in the middle of an essay?
Main Body is the place you’re meant to state a quote or two, depending on the length of a paper. A standard 5-paragraph essay will imply you to use 2-3 quotes in the main body. More quotes aren’t necessary for such a short assignment. Two quotes in the main body will do just fine.
In the main body paragraph, a quote is placed in the middle of the passage . First, you introduce a focal sentence of a paragraph highlighting your point of view regarding a topic. After that, you provide the evidence data and argumentation, among which is a relevant quote. And finally, you smoothly transit to the next body paragraph or the conclusion. Here’re three examples of how to present a quote in one of the main body paragraphs.
Accurate integration of a citation in a text is key. Or the whole passage will sound off.
People who want to become a writer don’t really need any piece of advice. “Those (…) who know that they really want to do this and are cut out for it, they know it.”
College essay quotes have to be naturally embedded in a text .
People who want to become a writer don’t really need any piece of advice: “Those (…) who know that they really want to do this and are cut out for it, they know it.”
There’s also the way to write an essay with quotes in the smoothest way possible.
People who want to become a writer don’t really need any piece of advice. They simply “know that they really want to do this and are cut out for it, they know it.”
See how organically a quote is inserted in a sentence? That’s the best-case scenario of using a quote in a sentence.
How to end an essay with a quote?
Sometimes, ending an essay with a quote is better than merely restating your thesis statement. Citations can be taken from both primary and secondary sources. Good quotes to end an essay might be of your course professor’s. According to essay writing websites, quotations taken from the words of subject authorities and thought leaders will do great, too.
A quote ending an essay helps meet 5 objectives:
- Provide a solid closure to your essay;
- Fortify your point of view;
- Give one final argument in favor of your thesis statement;
- Establish your authority on a topic;
- Helps your essay stand out.
Having a quotation at the end of an essay gives a good chance to score an “A”.
15 tips for using quotations in an essay
- Look up quotes in academic sources in the first place;
- Rely on the printed matter rather than internet sources;
- Avoid citing information from Wikipedia;
- Give context to every quotation you use;
- Always use quotation marks to avoid plagiarism-related troubles;
- Explain why the quote you’re about to use in a text is important;
- Seek to integrate quotes smoothly in a sentence for the best effect;
- Each quotation has to be attributed to the original source using parenthesis;
- Gather 10-15 quotes relevant to your topic and then sift through 5 quotes that will serve you best;
- Use the exact wording, punctuation, capitalization and sentence structure as in the original;
- Watch your punctuation when using quotes in a sentence;
- Avoid misquotations, as it’s a sign of a careless attitude towards the assignment;
- Use an ellipsis (…) to withdraw a part of a quote you don’t actually need;
- Try to use short quotes rather than long;
- Avoid quoting quotes, as it’s where students make mistakes most often.
5 motivational quotes for essay writing
Inspiration is a staple in every great writer’s routine. As a student, you might find drawing inspiration a bit too difficult. Here’re a couple of inspiring essay motivation quotes to help you break through the writer’s block. Or you can buy argumentative essay if doing the task yourself isn’t an option.
“I don’t need an alarm clock. My ideas wake me.”
“It’s none of their business that you have to learn to write. Let them think you were born that way.”
“The difference between the almost right word and the right word is … the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.”
“Making people believe the unbelievable is no trick; it’s work . … Belief and reader absorption come in the details: An overturned tricycle in the gutter of an abandoned neighborhood can stand for everything.”
“To defend what you’ve written is a sign that you are alive.”
Many times life catches us off balance. Lots of written homework. Tight schedule. Sudden illness. Personal matters. Writer’s block. An instructor returned the essay for revisions. At the moments like these, it’s always a good idea to have someone to cover your back. GradeMiners can always write you a new essay, rewrite an existing draft, perform an ending an essay with a quote , or proofread your text for mistakes, typos, as well as correct the use of quotations. Let us know if you need anything, and we’ll help you out!
20 Most Prominent Technology Essay Topics And Writing Hints
How to Achieve Well-Organized Essay with Minimum Efforts
60 best argumentative essay topics in 2022.
How to use Quotes in an Essay in 7 Simple Steps
A quote can be an effective and powerful literary tool in an essay, but it needs to be done well. To use quotes in an essay, you need to make sure your quotes are short, backed up with explanations, and used rarely. The best essays use a maximum of 2 quotes for every 1500 words.
Rules for using quotes in essays:
- Avoid Long Quotes.
- Quotes should be less than 1 sentence long.
- Match Quotes with Explanations and Examples.
- Use Max. 2 Quotes for 1500 words.
- Use page numbers when Citing Quotes.
- Don’t Italicize Quotes.
- Avoid quotes inside quotes.
Once you have mastered these quotation writing rules you’ll be on your way to growing your marks in your next paper.
How to use Quotes in an Essay
1. avoid long quotes.
There’s a simple rule to follow here: don’t use a quote that is longer than one line. In fact, four word quotes are usually best.
Long quotes in essays are red flags for teachers. It doesn’t matter if it is an amazing quote. Many, many teachers don’t like long quotes, so it’s best to avoid them.
Too many students provide quotes that take up half of a paragraph. This will lose you marks – big time.
If you follow my perfect paragraph formula , you know that most paragraphs should be about six sentences long, which comes out to about six or seven typed lines on paper. That means that your quote will be a maximum of one-sixth (1/6) of your paragraph. This leaves plenty of space for discussion in your own words.
One reason teachers don’t like long quotes is that they suck up your word count. It can start to look like you didn’t have enough to say, so you inserted quotes to pad out your essay. Even if this is only your teacher’s perception, it’s something that you need to be aware of.
Here’s an example of over-use of quotes in paragraphs:
Avoid Quotes that are Too Long
Children who grow up in poverty often end up being poor as adults. “Many adult Americans believe that hard work and drive are important factors on economic mobility. When statistics show that roughly 42% of children born into the bottom level of the income distribution will likely stay there (Isaacs, 2007), this Is a consequence of structural and social barriers.” (Mistry et al., 2016, p. 761). Therefore poverty in childhood needs to be addressed by the government.
This student made the fatal mistake of having the quote overtake the paragraph.
Simply put, don’t use a quote that is longer than one line long. Ever. It’s just too risky.
Personally, I like to use a 4-word quote in my essays. Four-word quotes are long enough to constitute an actual quote but short enough that I have to think about how I will fit that quote around my own writing. This forces me to write quotations that both show:
- I have read the original source, but also:
- I know how to paraphrase
2. Do not use a Quote to that takes up a full Sentence, Starts a Sentence, or Ends a Paragraph
These are three common but fatal mistakes.
Essay quotes that start sentences or end paragraphs make you appear passive.
If you use a quotation in an essay to start a sentence or end a paragraph, your teacher automatically thinks that your quote is replacing analysis, rather than supporting it.
You should instead start the sentence that contains the quote with your own writing. This makes it appear that you have an active voice .
Similarly, you should end a paragraph with your own analysis, not a quote.
Let’s look at some examples of quotes that start sentences and end paragraphs. These examples are poor examples of using quotes:
Avoid Quotes that Start Sentences The theorist Louis Malaguzzi was the founder of the Reggio Emilia Approach to Education. “Children have the ability to learn through play and exploration. Play helps children to learn about their surroundings” (Malaguzzi, 1949, p. 10). Play is better than learning through repetition of drills or reading. Play is good for all children.
Avoid Quotes that End Paragraphs Before Judith Butler gender was seen as being a binary linked to sex, men were masculine and women were feminine. Butler came up with this new idea that gender is just something society has made up over time. “Gender is a fluid concept” (Butler, 1990, p. 136).
Both these quotes are from essays that were shared with me by colleagues. My colleagues marked these students down for these quotes because of the quotes:
- took up full sentences;
- started sentences; and
- were used to end paragraphs.
It didn’t appear as if the students were analyzing the quotes. Instead, the quotes were doing the talking for the students.
There are some easy strategies to use in order to make it appear that you are actively discussing and analyzing quotes.
One is that you should make sure the essay sentences with quotes in them don’t start with the quote . Here are some examples of how we can change the quotes:
Example 1: Start Quote Sentences with an Active Voice The theorist Louis Malaguzzi was the founder of the Reggio Emilia Approach to Education. According to Malaguzzi (1949, p. 10), “children have the ability to learn through play and exploration.” Here, Malaguzzi is highlighting how to play is linked to finding things out about the world. Play is important for children to develop. Play is better than learning through repetition of drills or reading. Play is good for all children.
Here, the sentence with the quote was amended so that the student has an active voice. They start the sentence with According to Malaguzzi, ….
Similarly, in the second example, we can also insert an active voice by ensuring that our quote sentence does not start with a quote:
Example 2: Start Quote Sentences with an Active Voice In 1990, Judith Butler revolutionized Feminist understandings of gender by arguing that “gender is a fluid concept” (p. 136). Before Butler’s 1990 book Gender Trouble , gender was seen as being a binary linked to sex. Men were masculine and women were feminine. Butler came up with this new idea that gender is just something society has made up over time.
In this example, the quote is not at the start of a sentence or end of a paragraph – tick!
How to Start Sentences containing Quotes using an Active Voice
- According to Malaguzzi (1949, p. 10), “…”
- Malaguzzi (1949, p. 10) argues that “…”
- In 1949, Malaguzzi (p. 10) highlighted that “…”
- The argument of Malaguzzi (1949, p. 10) that “…” provides compelling insight into the issue.
3. Match Quotes with Explanations and Examples
Earlier on, I stated that one key reason to use quotes in essays is so that you can analyze them.
Quotes shouldn’t stand alone as explanations. Quotes should be there to be analyzed, not to do the analysis.
Let’s look again at the quote used in Point 1:
Example: A Quote that is Too Long Children who grow up in poverty often end up being poor as adults. “Many adult Americans believe that hard work and drive are important factors in economic mobility. When statistics show that roughly 42% of children born into the bottom level of the income distribution will likely stay there (Isaacs, 2007), this Is a consequence of structural and social barriers.” (Mistry et al., 2016, p. 761). Therefore poverty in childhood needs to be addressed by the government.
This student has included the facts, figures, citations and key details in the quote. Essentially, this student has been lazy. They failed to paraphrase.
Instead, this student could have selected the most striking phrase from the quote and kept it. Then, the rest should be paraphrased. The most striking phrase in this quote was “[poverty] is a consequence of structural and social barriers.” (Mistry et al., 2016, p. 761).
So, take that one key phrase, then paraphrase the rest:
Example: Paraphrasing Long Quotes Children who grow up in poverty often end up being poor as adults. In their analysis, Mistry et al. (2016) highlight that there is a misconception in American society that hard work is enough to escape poverty. Instead, they argue, there is evidence that over 40% of people born in poverty remain in poverty. For Mistry et al. (2016, p. 761), this data shows that poverty is not a matter of being lazy alone, but more importantly “a consequence of structural and social barriers.” This implies that poverty in childhood needs to be addressed by the government.
To recap, quotes shouldn’t do the talking for you . Provide a brief quote in your essay, and then show you understand it with surrounding explanation and analysis.
4. Know how many Quotes to use in an Essay
There’s a simple rule for how many quotes should be in an essay.
Here’s a good rule to follow: one quote for every five paragraphs. A paragraph is usually 150 words long, so you’re looking at one quote in every 750 words, maximum .
To extrapolate that out, you’ll want a maximum of about:
- 2 quotes for a 1500-word paper;
- 3 quotes for a 2000-word paper;
- 4 quotes for a 3000-word paper.
That’s the maximum , not a target. There’s no harm in writing a paper that has absolutely zero quotes in it, so long as it’s still clear that you’ve closely read and paraphrased your readings.
The reason you don’t want to use more quotes than this in your essay is that teachers want to see you saying things in your own words. When you over-use quotes, it is a sign to your teacher that you don’t know how to paraphrase well.
5. Always use page numbers when Citing Quotes in Essays
One biggest problem with quotes are that many students don’t know how to cite quotes in essays.
Nearly every referencing format requires you to include a page number in your citation. This includes the three most common referencing formats: Harvard, APA, and MLA. All of them require you to provide page numbers with quotes.
Citing a Quote in Chicago Style – Include Page Numbers
- Incorrect: “Gender is a fluid concept” (Butler 1990).
- Correct: “Gender is a fluid concept” (Butler 1990, 136).
Citing a Quote in APA and Harvard Styles – Include Page Numbers
- Incorrect: “Gender is a fluid concept” (Butler, 1990).
- Correct: “Gender is a fluid concept” (Butler, 1990, p. 136).
Citing a Quote in MLA Style – Include Page Numbers
- Incorrect: “Gender is a fluid concept” (Butler).
- Correct: “Gender is a fluid concept” (Butler 136).
Including a page number in your quotation makes a huge difference when a marker is trying to determine how high your grade should be.
This is especially true when you’re already up in the higher marks range. These little editing points can mean the difference between placing first in the class and third. Don’t underestimate the importance of attention to detail.
6. Don’t Italicize Quotes
For some reason, students love to use italics for quotes. This is wrong in absolutely every major referencing format, yet it happens all the time.
I don’t know where this started, but please don’t do it. It looks sloppy, and teachers notice. A nice, clean, well-formatted essay should not contain these minor but not insignificant errors. If you want to be a top student, you need to pay attention to minor details.
7. Avoid quotes inside quotes
Have you ever found a great quote and thought, “I want to quote that quote!” Quoting a quote is a tempting thing to do, but not worth your while.
I’ll often see students write something like this:
Poor Quotation Example: Quotes Inside Quotes Rousseau “favored a civil religion because it would be more tolerant of diversity than Christianity. Indeed ‘no state has ever been founded without religion as its base’ (Rousseau, 1913: 180).” (Durkheim, 1947, p. 19).
Here, there are quotes on top of quotes. The student has quoted Durkheim quoting Rousseau. This quote has become a complete mess and hard to read. The minute something’s hard to read, it loses marks.
Here are two solutions:
- Cite the original source. If you really want the Rousseau quote, just cite Rousseau. Stop messing around with quotes on top of quotes.
- Learn the ‘as cited in’ method. Frankly, that method’s too complicated to discuss here. But if you google it, you’ll be able to teach yourself.
When Should I use Quotes in Essays?
1. to highlight an important statement.
One main reason to use quotes in essays is to emphasize a famous statement by a top thinker in your field.
The statement must be important. It can’t be just any random comment.
Here are some examples of when to use quotes in essays to emphasize the words of top thinkers:
- The words of Stephen Hawking go a long way in Physics ;
- The words of JK Rowling go a long way in Creative Writing ;
- The words of Michel Foucault go a long way in Cultural Studies ;
- The words of Jean Piaget go a long way in Education Studies .
2. To analyze an Important Statement.
Another reason to use quotes in essays is when you want to analyze a statement by a specific author. This author might not be famous, but they might have said something that requires unpacking and analyzing. You can provide a quote, then unpack it by explaining your interpretation of it in the following sentences.
Quotes usually need an explanation and example. You can unpack the quote by asking:
- What did they mean,
- Why is it relevant, and
- Why did they say this?
You want to always follow up quotes by top thinkers or specific authors with discussion and analysis.
Quotes should be accompanied by:
- Explanations of the quote;
- Analysis of the ideas presented in the quote; or
- Real-world examples that show you understand what the quote means.
Remember: A quote should be a stimulus for a discussion, not a replacement for discussion.
What Bad Quotes Look Like
Many teachers I have worked with don’t like when students use quotes in essays. In fact, some teachers absolutely hate essay quotes. The teachers I have met tend to hate these sorts of quotes:
- When you use too many quotes.
- When you use the wrong citation format.
- When you don’t provide follow-up explanations of quotes.
- When you used quotes because you don’t know how to paraphrase .
Be a minimalist when it comes to using quotes. Here are the seven approaches I recommend for using quotes in essays:
- Avoid Long Quotes in Essays
- Do not use a Quote that takes up a full Sentence, Starts a Sentence, or Ends a Paragraph
- Match Quotes with Explanations and Examples
- Use a Maximum of 2 Quotes for every 1500 words
- Always use page numbers when Citing Quotes in Essays
- Don’t Italicize Quotes
- Avoid quotes inside quotes
Chris Drew (PhD)
Dr. Chris Drew is the founder of the Helpful Professor. He holds a PhD in education and has published over 20 articles in scholarly journals. He is the former editor of the Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education.
- Chris Drew (PhD) https://helpfulprofessor.com/author/admin/ What do Portuguese People Look Like? (10 Features & Stereotypes)
- Chris Drew (PhD) https://helpfulprofessor.com/author/admin/ What do Spanish People Look Like? (Features & Stereotypes)
- Chris Drew (PhD) https://helpfulprofessor.com/author/admin/ 10 Italian People Features & Stereotypes (What They Look Like)
- Chris Drew (PhD) https://helpfulprofessor.com/author/admin/ 10 Polish people Features, Characteristics and Stereotypes
Leave a Comment Cancel Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- RESEARCH PAPERS AND ESSAYS
- ESSAY TOPICS
- PRESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES
- Joseph Robinette Biden
- Donald Trump
- Barack Obama
- States Ranked by Size & Population
- States Ranked by Date
Fahrenheit 451 Love Quotes
Fahrenheit 451 creativity quotes.
(AGG) Hands have always been used to create things. They separate humans from most beasts. In Ray Bradbury’s world, they separate the robots from the few humans that truly live like humans. (BS-1) Hands are used to show the lack of creativity in most citizens. (BS-2) Montag, a main character discovering his creativity, also battles with his hands. (BS-3) When the readers are introduced to the main teachers in the book, we see their hands constantly moving. (TS) Ray Bradbury, in his novel Fahrenheit 451, constantly references hands as a symbol for different forms of creativity.
Fahrenheit 451 Happy Quotes
The first example is Mildred she is a character who doesn’t know anything but isn’t happy, When Montag comes in her room, “…sleeping tablets which earlier today had been filled with thirty capsules and which now lay uncapped and empty…”(Bradbury 10) This shows that Mildred isn’t happy and tries to commit suicide even though she doesn’t know anything.
Fahrenheit 451 Ignorance Quotes
Imagine a society where all books are banned from the public and if any are found they are burned into ashes. This is a reality in the novel Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, which delves deep into problems a society becoming more and more dependant on technology may face. In Fahrenheit 451 Ray Bradbury shows many problems which range from technology to violence, one important topic that is discussed is knowledge and the theme that a society cannot function without knowledge
Fahrenheit 451 Irony Quotes
In the novel Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury the character known as Montag is ironic. On the first page of the novel, it states “With the brass nozzle in his fists, with this great python spitting its venomous kerosene upon the world,...” This shows irony because Montag is introduced to the readers as a fireman. This quote explains to us that Montag is the one shooting venomous kerosene at the world, or in other words he is the one making the fire. Montag’s wife, Mildred however does not show irony, but shows lackadaisical behavior. Mildred states "How long you figure before we save up and get the fourth wall torn out and a fourth wall-TV put in? When Mildred overdosed and was in recovery, all she cared about was getting a new parlor wall. All she does is watch tv all day. In the novel, Fahrenheit 451 Ray Bradbury uses foreshadowing and irony to discuss the theme of burning knowledge.
Fahrenheit 451 Pride Quotes
Throughout the course of Fahrenheit 451, Montag has become more introverted towards his wife Mildred and no longer feels the pride that he used to in his job has a fireman. Montag even says to his wife “Mildred, how would you feel if, well, maybe, I quit my job for a while?” (Bradbury 54). Montag is unhappy with his job and does not want to return to work, because he had not only witnessed a woman burn to death on her stack of books, but he stole a book and was keeping it under his
Fahrenheit 451 Anti Hero Quotes
One example on why Montag is an anti- hero is because he soon starts to realize that it’s time to change his society, but when his anger comes in play he realizes that he the best changes he made aren’t the best changes(page 71 ) “ They read the long afternoon through while the cold November rain fell from the sky upon the quiet house” The quote provides proof that Montag is starting to want to change his society because he is doing something that is illegal he is reading. In the beginning Montag was against reading books he was a member of the fire company that burned them. now he reading a book with millie and he is now starting to enjoy the books.Page 81) ‘Someone who may have been a friend was burned less than Twenty-four hours ago” This is making him change the society because he doesn’t think people should be burned for reading book.
Fahrenheit 451 Critical Lens Quotes
Lois Lowry once said, “Submitting to censorship is to enter the… world where choice has been taken away and reality distorted. And that is the most dangerous world of all.” This quote perfectly explains the major theme of Fahrenheit 451, which is censorship. Due to the use of censorship by the government, people in this society are unable to form their own opinions, make their own choices, and are forced to live with distorted realities of the world they actually live in.
Fahrenheit 451 Quotes Essay
loving his job to rethinking of his job. Montag came in mind that his job not only hurt him but
Fahrenheit 451 Empathy Quotes
Ray Bradbury, the author of Fahrenheit 451, presents a society in which humans suffer from depression, fear, and loss of empathy which are the result of censorship of free thought and knowledge.Humans suffer from loss of empathy due to their lack of human interaction. People live in fear of the government as the dystopian society deprives the people of knowledge. Depression is evidenced by suicidal tendencies caused by hollow lives.
Dehumanization In Fahrenheit 451 Analysis
In Fahrenheit 451, the people spend their days watching colors and sounds on TV. Society has made it so every house has a ‘parlor’ with multiple television walls, and children spend all day at school in front of a television or playing sports instead of learning. This meaningless life is a result of society taking away human emotions. The people took away anything that made anyone unhappy, which lead to a lack of human emotions and, therefore, human relationships. This is most clearly shown through Mrs. Bowles’ C-sections and her lack of relationships with her children. Montag recognises his lack of emotions towards Mildred, demonstrating the dehumanization of society. Granger explains how society used to be, with meaningful lives and human emotions/relationships. Without these human characteristics, life is not valued and not seen as important. Because of this, the people spend their days doing whatever makes them think they are happy for that moment in time. No one thinks about others, or about love, or about true happiness. To lead a life with purpose, one must first lead a life of humanity, a life full of emotions and relationships, good and
Fahrenheit 451 Society Quotes
Is there anyone that you know who truly represents the role of society as a whole? As the main character in Fahrenheit 451 who accurately portrays the world in which Montag lives, Mildred serves a prime example of someone like this. Mildred’s multi-faceted personality provides a glimpse of the easily-influenced and corrupt society. Her overuse of technology causes naivety, and the ignorant people with which she surrounds herself with played the role of deceiving her into hating knowledge, cultivating her hatred for books. So she lives two lives; one of truth and one of utter falseness.
Fahrenheit 451 Campaign Quotes
The government has no right to take aways peoples natural rights of life. They would go out of their way to wipe out anything that contains knowledge, but specifically it was books they wanted to keep away. They let a woman commit suicide as they were standing before her due to her unwillingness to give up her books, something she truly believes in. Clarisse McClellan was hit by a car because thats what was acceptable in their society and the government did nothing to stop them but there is no length they wouldn’t go to if it meant keeping books away. They also forced Montag to burn down his house because he had books stashed away and his own wife turned him in.
Fahrenheit 451 Morality Quotes
We are here today to discuss a very strange case, a wife turning her back on her husband, but she shouldn't be punished. Although Montag broke the rules, he was her husband and she should have protected him. Mildred thought what she has been doing, was the right thing because she has been going through a rough patch with depression, she didn't know any better and she was protecting herself. Therefore, Mildred should be justified in turning in Montag. She is simply a victim of society. When people think that what they are doing in “morally” right, there's no question that's wrong. She knew that she was trying the help society and therefore she turned Montag into the authorities. Mildred grew up in a society where things like that are okay,
Fahrenheit 451 Suicide Quotes
Bradbury justifies to warn us that isolation from others lead to suicide because of all the influence of technology that was brought into their dark, dystopian, book-despising world. Technology took over everyone from their new “Wall-TV’s” to the “seashell,” being what they spend all their time on everyday, cutting off most interaction with other humans, leading to the thoughts of suicide. Early in the book, readers notice several attempts of people trying to kill themselves as well as each other; because the audience notices that they know they are not in a content state with all the things going on around them, especially the lack of socializing. There are many situations where Montag sees and realizes that a lot of people are losing their
Fahrenheit 451 The Burning Truth Quotes
George Bernard Shaw once said “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything” (“Brainy Quote”). Those who cannot see beyond their thoughts will not be able to change, like some characters in Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. Montag is not only the protagonist, but a fireman who knows what’s wrong in his society and wants to change the way people think. Captain Beatty is Montag’s boss, the head fireman, who knows more about books than anyone, yet loves to burn them. Montag is caught up in many conflicts-man versus man, man versus society, and the main conflict being man versus himself.
More about Fahrenheit 451 Love Quotes
- Fahrenheit 451
- Ray Bradbury
Home > Love > Love Paragraphs for Her: 50+ I Love You Paragraphs
Love Paragraphs for Her: 50+ I Love You Paragraphs
When you feel strongly about someone, so strongly that you love them, sometimes it doesn’t always make sense in a way that’s easy to articulate. You may really care about someone, but putting those thoughts into words is hard. Love is an exciting, confusing, up and down and everything in between sort of emotion. That’s why telling someone you love them is about more than three little words, it’s about explaining how and why you feel the way you do. That’s why love paragraphs can be a great way to tell the woman you’re with how much you care about her.
So often people don’t take the time to tell someone how they feel. We send text messages , like photos, or kiss a cheek on our way out the door and even though we love someone we may not always take the time to write it down and tell them just how important they are.
These love paragraphs for her do just that. They’re examples of I love you paragraphs that you can send to someone you care about—you can write them in a card, in a text message or email, in a letter you leave on a pillow, or something you memorize and say out loud. Taking the time to write out an I love you paragraph, will show your girlfriend or wife just how much she means to you.
50 love paragraphs for her to inspire you
Before I met you, I didn’t think love was for me. It was something other people had and felt. Something in movies and in TV shows. It felt more like a wish I had then something real. Now that I’m with you, love is so much more tangible. It’s something I can reach out and touch. It’s so much more than a wish or a hope (though it does give me hope, for so many things), it’s the very real, wonderful person I wake up to. The warm hand next to mine, the brush of hair against my cheek. I love you and because of that love I love so much more than you. I love myself and the world in a way I never thought possible. You’ve made that possible for me. You’ve made everything possible.
“At night, there was the feeling that we had come home, feeling no longer alone, waking in the night to find the other one there, and not gone away; all other things were unreal. We slept when we were tired and if we woke the other one woke too so one was not alone. Often a man wishes to be alone and a woman wishes to be alone too and if they love each other they are jealous of that in each other, but I can truly say we never felt that. We could feel alone when we were together, alone against the others. We were never lonely and never afraid when we were together.”- Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms
Sometimes when I look at the ocean or an especially large mountain range, I feel overwhelmed and small, but in a good way. It’s comforting to know there’s something out there bigger than I am. Something large and enduring that has lasted through the ages. Through harsh weather, storms and droughts, through changes in history and climate, the ocean keeps on rolling and the mountains keep on standing tall. When I think of you and our love and how I feel about you, I feel the same way. My love for you doesn’t make me feel small though, it makes me feel powerful and new. I look at you and I know that I will love you forever, through storms and droughts, through all the changes that will undoubtedly come our way. I will love you forever. There’s no changing that.
Watching you walk across a room is the greatest gift. The way you move is so graceful and easy. The way you smile makes me feel at peace. Knowing you’re walking towards me is a feeling so hard to describe. It’s like coming home, a comfort, only the home is coming to me. I will never know such love, such peace, as you. You’re my home.
“Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches…I have stayed these years in my hovel because of you. I have taught myself languages because of you. I have made my body strong because I thought you might be pleased by a strong body. I have lived my life with only the prayer that some sudden dawn you might glance in my direction. I have not known a moment in years when the sight of you did not send my heart careening against my rib cage. I have not known a night when your visage did not accompany me to sleep. There has not been a morning when you did not flutter behind my waking eyelids… I love you. Okay? Want it louder? I love you. Spell it out, should I? I ell-oh-vee-ee why-oh-you. Want it backward? You love I.” – William Goldman, The Princess Bride
I wanted to take the time to tell you just how much you mean to me. You’ve become a rock in my life, something solid and secure I can lean on. Knowing you’re by my side makes me so eternally grateful, I can hardly put it to words. I had felt happiness before, but nothing prepared me for the happiness I feel when I’m with you. I don’t know what I said or did that made me lucky enough to deserve you, but I will spend the rest of my life trying to be the best man I can be so that you can be proud. Thank you for all that you do and have done for me. You have taught me what it is to love. You’ve showed me how beautiful life can be.
They say the heart wants what it wants and there’s no logic to such things. It’s a little crazy, my love for you. Sometimes it makes me so happy and giddy, it’s like I’m a little boy or on some drug. You make me feel like I can do anything and I am so happy to be with you. Thank you for being the wonderful, amazing person that you are. You surprise me everyday and you warm my heart every night. I am the person I am today because you’ve loved me and helped me love. You are amazing.
“If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together…there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart…I’ll always be with you.”- A. A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
I want you to know that you are the most important thing in my life. You’re the reason I do everything. When I get up in the morning, I feel so grateful for every second I have with you and have here on earth. You give my life meaning, you give my days such joy, you are the reason I smile. Thank you for being with me, for joining me on this journey through life. Your love is everything to me.
You’ve lit a fire in me. It’s a passion that grows with each passing day. Just when I think I get used to my love for you, you’ll do something small and amazing. Maybe you’ll make me laugh, or say something so smart it makes me see the world in a new way, and suddenly there it is again—that rush of emotion, of love, that comes over me so swiftly it’s like a wildfire in my soul. I hope you know how much you mean to me, how much I love you, and how excited I am to walk through this life with you.
“This is what love does: It makes you want to rewrite the world. It makes you want to choose the characters, build the scenery, guide the plot. The person you love sits across from you, and you want to do everything in your power to make it possible, endlessly possible. And when it’s just the two of you, alone in a room, you can pretend that this is how it is, this is how it will be.”- David Levithan, Every Day
You’re my best friend. The person I can tell all my secrets to, the first person I want to talk to when I wake up, and last person I want to talk to before I drift off to sleep. When something good happens to me, you’re the first person I want to tell. When I’m troubled by something or if I get bad news, you’re the one I go to for comfort and support. But you’re so much more to me than a friend, you’re the love of my life. You’re my friend, my lover, my comfort and my strength. I am so lucky to have you. I just wanted you to know how happy I am to have you in my life.
“I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.”- Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets
My love for you has no beginning and no end. It is cyclical, like life. It is ever-flowing, like the oceans. It is as boundless as the sky and as vast as the universe. When I see your face, I see my past, my present, my future. When I hold your hand I feel everything inside of me expand. You are my everything. I will love you forever.
Before I met you, I was doing fine. And I thought doing fine was the best it was ever going to get for me. I lived a decent life and I was a decent man. I tried my best. But there was always something missing, some emptiness inside of me, a wanting I didn’t understand. There was a hole in me. I didn’t know that happiness like what we have now even existed. I think of my life now, how it is with you, and you’ve filled that hole. You are the missing part of me. With you I finally feel whole. I am so much more than fine. I am so full of love for you. I love you so much. You make my life complete.
“Sometimes when I look at you, I feel I’m gazing at a distant star. It’s dazzling, but the light is from tens of thousands of years ago. Maybe the star doesn’t even exist any more. Yet sometimes that light seems more real to me than anything.” – Haruki Murakami, South of the Border, West of the Sun
I love you in a place where there’s no space or time. My love is everlasting, ever growing, and ever present. My love for you knows no bounds. I was drawn to you and your soul in a way I can’t explain. It was like I just knew, here she is. This is it. She is it. You’ll never know how much you mean to me. I can only tell you that my soul will love you forever.
“When he looked into her eyes, he learned the most important part of the language that all the world spoke — the language that everyone on Earth was capable of understanding in their heart. It was love. Something older than humanity, more ancient than the desert. What the boy felt at that moment was that he was in the presence of the only woman in his life, and that, with no need for words, she recognized the same thing. Because when you know the language, it’s easy to understand that someone in the world awaits you, whether it’s in the middle of the desert or in some great city. And when two such people encounter each other, the past and the future become unimportant. There is only that moment, and the incredible certainty that everything under the sun has been written by one hand only. It is the hand that evokes love, and creates a twin soul for every person in the world. Without such love, one’s dreams would have no meaning.”- Paulo Coehlo, The Alchemist
I never used to look at the stars before. I don’t know why. I just didn’t think about them much. They were just there but they didn’t mean anything to me. After meeting you, I seem to look at them all the time. When I gaze up at the stars I feel a hope now. I feel something more than I can explain. Since meeting you things like stars fill me with awe. I can see the beauty in things that I missed before. After seeing your beauty, after experiencing the way I’m able to love for you, I find I have more love in me for other things. You’ve changed me. You’ve made me see the beauty in this world. You’re so so beautiful to me. You’re so so important. I love you.
When you feel weak, I am here to be strong for you. When you are strong, I’m here to lift you up and make you stronger. When you are sad, I am here to bring a smile to your face. And when you are happy, I am here to enjoy every minute of it. Because you do all these things for me. When I am weak, you give me strength. When I am sad, you can make me smile every time. I am so grateful for you and our life together. I have found my perfect partner. I am here for you. I will always be here and you will always have my heart.
“It has made me better loving you … it has made me wiser, and easier, and brighter. I used to want a great many things before, and to be angry that I did not have them. Theoretically, I was satisfied. I flattered myself that I had limited my wants. But I was subject to irritation; I used to have morbid sterile hateful fits of hunger, of desire. Now I really am satisfied, because I can’t think of anything better.”- Henry James, The Portrait of a Lady
I don’t make promises I can’t keep. I don’t say things I don’t mean. And I never go back on my word. So when I promise you, as I’m promising now, to love you for all of the rest of my days, I mean it. You will always be the one my soul reaches out for. You will always be the one I find my happiness in. You are the reason I get up in the morning and the person I want to come home to at night. I’m a simple man, but I know this to be true: I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you. My love is my promise. It’s as simple and wonderful as that.
There are moments when we’re together, where I wish I could make time stop. I often think to myself, that I could easily stay in this moment forever. Just being with you, sitting with you, touching your cheek and stroking your hair. Your head on my shoulder is everything to me. Every moment I spend with you is the best moment of my life. I love you, and I will go on loving you through all the moments we share together from now on until forever.
“I have for the first time found what I can truly love—I have found you. You are my sympathy—my better self—my good angel; I am bound to you with a strong attachment. I think you are good, gifted, lovely: a fervent, a solemn passion is conceived in my heart; it leans to you, draws you to my center and spring of life, wraps my existence about you—and, kindling in pure, powerful flame, fuses you and me in one.” – Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
I wish I could make you feel my love. I wish you could know what it is you make me feel for you. How desperately I want and need you. I would cross oceans and deserts, climb mountains, sail the seas, go to the ends of the earth for you, just to make you feel my love and to let you know how very very precious you are to me. You mean so very very much to me. I love you.
“No relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater … The love we have for each other is bigger than these small differences. And that’s the key. It’s like a big pie chart, and the love in a relationship has to be the biggest piece. Love can make up for a lot.”
– Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby
What can I say? I never expected this, expected us. I never planned for my whole life to get turned upside down. But it did and here we are, two people in love facing a lifetime together. You can’t plan for love to happen, it’s something that comes on it’s own. But I can tell you now, that I plan to spend the rest of my life loving you. I never expected this, but it’s the best most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me. I never thought I would love you like this but I do. I really do.
“I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who’s ever lived: I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.” – Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
When I was a kid I used to sit and think of what the person I loved would be like. I pictured kissing in fields or maybe on the beach. A beautiful woman who was kind. You are so much more than I could have ever imagined. I never even thought to wish for someone as beautiful, kind, sweet, funny, smart, and amazing as you. You are my life’s biggest surprise.
All the people I’ve met, the places I’ve been, other women who I’ve been close to, they just never seemed to fit. They just never seemed to understand me or the particular sadness I felt. But it seems so natural with you. Being with you is the easiest thing I’ve ever done. Talking with you is the happiest I’ve ever felt. I don’t know how you do it but you get me and you get to me in a way no one else ever has. I love you. It’s easy loving you. It’s beautiful.
I want to talk about happiness and well-being, about those rare, unexpected moments when the world goes silent and you feel a sense of peace and belonging wash over you. I want to talk about the early stages for our relationship, about the tangy smell of your skin and the subtle curve of your face, about our first date and first kisses and the first time I met your parents, the first time you shared your dreams, made me laugh, made me smile, made me tear up at the beauty of it all. I want to talk about the benefits of sleeping next to the person you love, about the pleasures of your presence, about what happens to your soul when you come home in the evening and feel the warm embrace of arms around your body. I want to remember the good times, the hard times, the lazy Sunday mornings, the long sweet nights. I want to remember it all. Every moment I’ve spent with you. I want to talk about how much I love you. I want you to know how important you are to me. How much our life together means to me.
Once upon a time, there was a boy. He lived in a village that no longer exists, in a house that no longer exists, on the edge of a field that no longer exists, where everything was discovered, and everything was possible. A stick could be a sword, a pebble could be a diamond, a tree, a castle. Once upon a time, there was a boy who lived in a house across the field, from a girl who no longer exists. They made up a thousand games. She was queen and he was king. In the autumn light her hair shone like a crown. They collected the world in small handfuls, and when the sky grew dark, and they parted with leaves in their hair. Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering. – Nicole Krauss, The History of Love
Please forgive me, I was afraid of loving you. Afraid of what it would do to me. Afraid that if I cared this much about someone and it didn’t work out, if it fell apart, I’d stop working too. But now I know that love is about taking a leap of faith and I have faith in you. I love you and I’m not afraid of it anymore. I love you and I love what it’s done to me. I’d stop working without you. That’s when I’d really fall apart.
“What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life—to strengthen each other in all labour, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in all pain, to be one with each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting?” – George Eliot, Adam Bede
I think I’ve loved you my whole life, only I didn’t know it was you I was loving. I have always had this feeling inside me that I was meant for something. After meeting you I know I was meant to love you. You are my reason for living. I’ve loved you my whole life and with each passing day my love only grows stronger.
“People are like cities: We all have alleys and gardens and secret rooftops and places where daisies sprout between the sidewalk cracks, but most of the time all we let each other see is is a postcard glimpse of a skyline or a polished square. Love lets you find those hidden places in another person, even the ones they didn’t know were there, even the ones they wouldn’t have thought to call beautiful themselves.” – T. Smith, Wild Awake
Life is better with you in it. It’s simple really. The world is more beautiful, the days are more fun, moments are more precious. I love having you in my life. I couldn’t imagine it any other way. I only hope you feel the same way. That I can make your life better by having been in it.
I may not be the best at saying how I feel. I know I can be quiet at times and that I don’t talk about my feelings as much as you’d like. I know I’m not always an easy person to be around. But I want you to know that I love you. I know how lucky I am and I thank whatever Gods there may be to thank every single day that I somehow managed to convince you that I’m a worthwhile person. I won’t always be able to tell you this but I’m telling you this now: I love you and I will spend the rest of my life trying to deserve you.
“Love is friendship caught fire; it is quiet, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection, and makes allowances for human weaknesses. Love is content with the present, hopes for the future, and does not brood over the past. It is the day-in and day-out chronicles of irritations, problems, compromises, small disappointments, big victories, and working toward common goals. If you have love in your life, it can make up for a great many things you lack. If you do not have it, no matter what else there is, it is not enough.” – Laura, Hendricks, Love is Friendship Set on Fire
There are times when we’re together, we’ll be out at a restaurant or maybe just at home, sitting on the couch or going about our days, and I’ll look over at you and I’m struck by how much I love you. It’s just like the first time. I see you and it hits me. Only now, unlike the first time, I realize how incredibly lucky I am to have you.
I know we say I love you a lot. In the morning when we wake up, on our way out the door, sometimes when we say goodbye over the phone. We say I love you when something bad happens and we want to let the other person know I’m here for you, we say I love you when one of the kids does something cute or ridiculous. Sometimes, I know, we say I love you when we’re really annoyed with each other. Sometimes we say it after a fight. Other times we say it after making love. We say I love you a lot. I value each and every I love you. They are three little words said so many times and so many different ways and they all add up to a story of our love together and what it means. I wanted to add one more I love you to the bunch, an I love you to let you know that I’m paying attention. When I say I love you and you say I love you too it still means so much to me. It’s such a part of our every days lives, but I’ll never take it for granted. I love you.
“Now, I’m not going to deny that I was aware of your beauty. But the point is, this has nothing to do with your beauty. As I got to know you, I began to realise that beauty was the least of your qualities. I became fascinated by your goodness. I was drawn in by it. I didn’t understand what was happening to me. And it was only when I began to feel actual, physical pain every time you left the room that it finally dawned on me: I was in love, for the first time in my life. I knew it was hopeless, but that didn’t matter to me. And it’s not that I want to have you. All I want is to deserve you. Tell me what to do. Show me how to behave. I’ll do anything you say.” – Choderlos de Laclos, Dangerous Liasons
They say that soulmates are two souls that used to be one being. That these beings were separated and that as they roam this earth they always feel the lack of each other, the empty spot inside of them, until the moment they meet again. Then they instantly know that they’ve met their soulmate. Then they connect and are made whole again. There’s no doubt in my mind that my soul is connected to yours. With you I feel a peace, a wholeness, I didn’t know was even possible.
To know you is to love you. The moment I saw you I had a feeling, but I didn’t know, couldn’t have known, how special you were until we talked and I got to know you. Until you made me laugh, smile, frustrated, nervous, all of it. You challenge me in all the right ways. You make me a better man, a stronger person, and so much more than I could have ever hoped to be alone. It’s been amazing growing together in our love but also growing together as individuals. I look at you and I’m amazed at the woman you’ve become. A wife, a mother, an intelligent woman, a loving friend, a talented professional. You are so much to me and so much to the people around you. A day doesn’t go by that I don’t give thanks for all that you are and all that you do.
“He simply felt that if he could carry away the vision of the spot of earth she walked on, and the way the sky and sea enclosed it, the rest of the world might seem less empty.”
– Edith Wharton, Age of Innocence
Before I met you, all my relationships always seemed so hard. They were something I had to work at and it felt forced. With you everything is so easy. Loving you comes so naturally, and it has from the very beginning. It’s as if I looked up and there you were: This amazing woman. And then there it was: This amazing love I have for you. It’s been the greatest surprise of my life.
“When you fall in love, it is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake, and then it subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots are to become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the desire to mate every second of the day. It is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every part of your body. No … don’t blush. I am telling you some truths. For that is just being in love; which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over, when being in love has burned away. Doesn’t sound very exciting, does it? But it is!”
Louis de Bernieres, Captain Corelli’s Mandolin
We’ve been through so much you and I. We’ve had our ups and downs, moments where I thought we were in real trouble. But we’ve come through them all and we are so much stronger now. Stronger in our love, in our relationship, and in ourselves. I know whatever life throws our way (and I know we’re not done yet) we’ll be ready to meet it head on, together. As long as we’re together, there’s nothing we can’t face. I am so in love with you. I’m so happy to have been on this journey together.
If something ever happens, and we’re not together, I want you to know that you are brave, strong, intelligent, passionate, caring, and generous. You give so much to everyone around you and I know there are times when you feel like you’re less than you are—not strong enough or not kind enough—but you are so much more than you know. You inspire me each and every day.
I know I don’t always say the right thing. Sometimes I’m quiet and don’t say anything at all. I don’t always help out as much as I should or show up on time. I’m a work on progress I know. But thanks to you, I have something to work towards. Having someone in my life who I care about, love, and cherish has given me so much. I wish I could say the right thing for you, and I wish that I had those right, perfect words that would help you understand just what you mean to me. All I can say is that I love you and I will go on loving you. If I get nothing else right in my life, loving you is the one thing I will get right.
You have a gift, a gift for a language that no one understands. It’s as if you’re a translator, someone who knows the silent language of my heart’s longing. You know and understand what I need in a way nobody else can. You recognize what I’m feeling when even I have a hard time recognizing what it is I’m going through or what it is I need. You’re love, patience, and care has allowed me to grow. I feel so full of my love for you. It’s as if my heart has expanded to let it all in, as if my world’s grown bigger so it can make room for all the good that’s come to me through you.
“It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing. It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive. It doesn’t interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life’s betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain!I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it or fade it, or fix it.
I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own, if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, to be realistic, to remember the limitations of being human.
It doesn’t interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul; if you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.
I want to know if you can see beauty even when it’s not pretty, every day, and if you can source your own life from its presence.
I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand on the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, “Yes!”
It doesn’t interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up, after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done to feed the children.
It doesn’t interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.
It doesn’t interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you, from the inside, when all else falls away.
I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.”
― Oriah Mountain Dreamer, The Invitation
Hopefully these love paragraphs for her will have left you inspired – now get out there and show some love to that special someone!
Subscribe to our newsletter
- Dating Advice For Men
- Dating Advice For Women
- Gay Dating Advice
- Dating in Your 30s
- Dating in Your 40s
- Over 50 Dating
- Dating with Kids
- First Date Tips
- Online Dating Tips
- Online Dating Profile Tips
- Online Dating First Message
- Healthy Relationships
- Relationship Stages
- Relationship Problems
- Meeting People
Bronze Bow Quotes
Empathy in lord of the flies.
Simon also represents the Christ figure in the story, which makes him morally good and pure, furthering his identity as the Superego. One example of the compassion that Simon is known to show throughout the story is when Jack has killed the first pig, and denies Piggy a piece of meat because they don’t get along. Simon decides that the best course of action was to put Piggy’s needs before his, and “shoved his piece of meat over the rocks to Piggy, who grabbed it” (Golding 74). This shows the empathy he feels for others. When Simon is talking to Ralph and says, ”You’ll get back where you came from.” (Golding 111), this is an example of foreshadowing, but also an example of the empathy that he feels, because he wants Ralph to not be upset by anything and know that he’ll make it back okay, even if Simon doesn’t. Even during Simon’s death, when he emerges from the forest and towards the group, he is trying to tell them that there’s nothing to be afraid of, "Simon was crying out something about a dead man on a hill" (Golding 152), and when he is being pummeled, he still tries to tell them about the parachuting man. Simon’s selflessness and the fact that he is a Christ figure makes him the representation of
Essay on Biblical Allusions in Lord of the Flies
Simon, one of the major characters in the story, is set as the allusion of Jesus. Christ always had an affinity with children; in Ch. 4, he shows his way with the ‘littluns’ by picking fruit for them. This shows his goodness by nature. Also, like Christ, he saw the atavistic problem of the hunters and tried to bring them back to good. As in the bible, Simon, like Christ, dies
Mark 8 : 29, Jesus Identity And Purpose Of The Christian Worldview
The Bible has many teachings of Jesus, that show what we as Christians can learn from and apply it to our lives. In Matthew 5:43-48, Jesus tells us to love our enemies. It’s easy to love the same people who love and care for us, however, loving someone who hates you is a difficult task. We all want to feel appreciated and valuable. When someone makes us feel worthless or unloved, the last thing we want to do is to show them love. Jesus also tells us to pray for people who wrong us which is just as hard, if not harder than the prior command to love our enemies. Jesus’ point in this teaching is to call us to be more like God by having an unconditional love for everyone. He holds us to a high standard in Matthew 5:48 when he commands us to “Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly father is perfect” (Thurston, B. B., (1987) para 6). How does loving our enemies relate to other
Simon Allusion Essay
Jesus is a holy man. He doesn’t hesitate to help others, even if it makes him unpopular. Simon displays this quality by helping and standing up for Piggy, a boy few respect. Jesus is a carpenter. By helping Ralph build shelters, Simon is also serving as a carpenter. Jesus, in addition, develops a friendship with children like Simon who helps the children collect fruit from trees which they cannot reach. “...Simon found for them the fruit they could not reach, pulled off the choicest from up in the foliage, passed them back down to the endless, outstretched hands.” (56) Both Simon and Jesus possess a gift for prophecy. Both realize that they would be killed for the lives of others. Jesus is tempted by the devil for forty days to disobey God. Likewise, Simon is tempted by the Lord of the Flies. “The Lord of the Flies tells Simon, ‘You’d better run on and play with the others. They think you’re batty.’”(143) Jesus and Simon encounter numerous of the same experiences and display the same virtues.
Effects Of Night By Elie Wiesel
He is stunned by how The officer “casually raise his pistol’(36) and kills Aunt Leah. Daniel wonders how the officer could shoot Leah without showing emotion, casually as if he did this every day. Which he most likely did. Daniel is so impacted that he “doesn't even cry”, He knew that the Nazis didn't like Jews but how could this hatred justify for killing another human. And he wonders how his entire race is beginning to be wiped out, and few people even know. The significance of this of this event how daniel remembers Her. Even though she was strict she loved her children and made the ultimate sacrifice for them, but it was in vain. Daniel will remember her sacrifice and feel sorrow for all the people he has seen
Essay Tom Brennan
The parents have played a very important role in Daniels life. They brought him up always showing him what's wrong and what's right, what choices to make, and who to trust. Being a parent means that you should always be in control of your children for as long as possible. Daniel was said to be the type that needed guidance even though he came across as a strong and independent. His mother knew this, but even she was scared of what he was capable of. When times got rough the parents backed off and let him make his own choices. That wasn’t the best move to make. The parents might have shown love and affection to Daniel but they truly couldn’t see what was going on. If only they had paid enough attention to Daniel maybe they could witness how badly he was coming off the rails. They could of helped him. Helped him to make the right choices.
Why Does The Saga Of Samson A Fool?
Although he knew what was his mission, Samson did not seem to cooperate with God in fulfilling it. Despite that promiscuous, rebellious, violent and arrogant life style, many verses will tell us that the “Spirit of the lord came upon him” and will win the battle to the expense of Samson’s integrity for the empowerment of God’s Spirit did not necessarily mean that God did endorse his
The Gospel Of Matthew 's Gospel
Many people do not know that loving your enemy is the heart of the gospel. Although loving and praying for your enemy may seem impossible at times, it is written in the gospel of Matthew that loving your enemy is loving God. In Matthew 5:43, Jesus teaches about loving your enemy, praying for your enemy, and shows examples of loving your enemy.
Religion plays a very strong role in the novel entitled, “Daniel’s Story”. After all, being Jewish is the entire reason for the persecution of the main character and his family. Throughout the story, Daniel questions his own religious beliefs and assesses those of the people that he encounters. God’s presence is both questionable and visible in his life. He doubts and questions God for all the cruel and unjust things that are happening to Daniel and his family. At first, Daniel is confused, but he begins to really understand. Throughout the four sections in the book, we see and understand where God’s presence is visible and at what points where Daniel questions and doubts God.
Essay On Dr. Daniel Williams III
When you think about all of this, you realize that it points to God in multiple ways. First of all, performing open heart surgery points to God. When you learn to do something great for others, God is pleased. And second, allowing African Americans into hospitals points to God. God made all people equal, and looking down on a particular race is wrong. Daniel helped stop that wrong. So Christian or not, Daniel’s actions pointed to
What Was Jesus Point Of The Teaching?
In this teaching, Jesus was saying that we treat one another with love and compassion as he have loved us as much as laying his life for our sake, in order for us to join him in the kingdom of God. He said that we should speak well even to those who curse and despitefully use us and abuse us because, our reward for such time is in heaven and it is God who will revenge about these things for us. He said that we should love our enemy also not only our friends because God loves us the same way and God does not discriminate from anyone, despite their falls.
Superhuman Strength Of Samson Research Paper
God had apparently planned to provide Samson with unbelievable superhuman strength to be used against the Philistines, providing Samson's vow of submission was faithfully kept. As a boy Samson was obedient to his vow and loyal to God. His friends undoubtedly came to have a healthy respect for his physical strength. Not many fellows would have braved picking a fight with him.
The Gospel Of Matthew : Daniel Harrington
Lastly Jesus teaches us about chapter 5 verses 43-48, which explains that you should love your neighbor, and love your enemies. Pray for the people that mistreat you, by doing that you will be acting as a child of God. If you love only that loves you, what 's really the point? How does that make you different from anybody else? Jesus explains you are to be perfect like God is perfect.
The Message Of Love : The Gospel Of Matthew
The gospel according to Matthew is full of the Lord’s messages of love, how you should love people, and the types of people you should love if you follow the messages and teachings of Jesus. This gospel also provides an outline of the way people who seek to be a part of the Catholic faith should live their lives. Focusing specifically on love and how you should treat other people, Jesus gives precise directions on how we should approach and deal with others, especially those who wrong us. One of the instructions Jesus provides for us through Matthew is, “But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven;” (Matthew 5:44-45). The word of Jesus is very clear here, that we should love all those around us, our neighbors and even those who wish the worst on us. His message becomes even more clear when
- Reading Challenge
- Kindle Notes & Highlights
- Favorite genres
- Friends’ recommendations
- Account settings
I Wrote This Book Because I Love You Quotes
All Quotes Quotes By Tim Kreider
Welcome back. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account.
"I'll be loving you, always with a love that's true" - Patsy Cline "Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive." - Unknown "I need you like a heart needs a beat." - One Republic "When I say I love you more, I don't mean I love you more than you love me.
Make your own "list of things I love about you" to share with your beloved. The following work for loved ones of any gender. 1. You love me even when I find it hard to love myself. 2. Somehow you know exactly what to say to make me feel better. 3. I can't imagine a better, more fulfilling life than the one I have with you. 4.
On Love Quotes Showing 1-30 of 183 "Every fall into love involves the triumph of hope over self-knowledge. We fall in love hoping we won't find in another what we know is in ourselves, all the cowardice, weakness, laziness, dishonesty, compromise, and stupidity.
I Love you Essay Check out more papers on Beloved Letter Love Where do I even start? You are the best person ever. Whenever I'm with you, I forget about all the terrible things that are going on in my life. I can't even explain how much you mean to me. I never thought we would even be friends but the more I get to know you the more I like you.
I will always love you, Darling, and when we finally find each other, it will be God's greatest reward. So, wherever you are, know that I love you and you will be the one that lurked passionately in my dreams. Know that I am always longing for you and your presence. Know that you will always be everything to me.
I love you! 10. My most beloved woman. Without you, I do not exist. I need you and you alone to survive the storms of life. You are such a perfect woman for me. I could barely meet someone better than you. You're the meaning of a great experience, and I can't love you less. 11. My world feels dark when you're not here.
Nothing Gonna Change My Love for You. My promise to you is that I will give you the best things in the world, spare my best time to be with you and share my whole life with you. In return, all I need is your love and you to stick with me thru everything that life throws at is. When I think of you, I feel like I found someone who reallys cares ...
Beautiful, Falling In Love, Memorable. 14 Copy quote. I love you because I love you, because it would be impossible not to love you. I love you without question, without calculation, without reason good or bad, faithfully, with all my heart and soul, and every faculty.
I love you, dearly. 14. Without you being in my life, I would be someone without direction. Ever since you came into my life, my life has had a focus. I can't bear to lose you. No matter what happens, no matter how hard it gets, just know this: I will always love you. 15. You taught me about life like you sat me down and illustrated it to me.
I love you! You are mine, just like a fish is to a sea. I can't breathe air without feeling happy when I'm in your presence. Other girls could do me a favor. But yours has always been way better than theirs. I love you. When you are with me, you make me perfect. I love you. So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.
I love you more than anything I love you more than I love myself I love you from the bottom of my heart I love you from the bottom of my soul I love you more than any word can say I'm nothing without you I'm lost without you I have feelings for you I'm crazy about you I'm head over heels for you I'm head over heels in love with you I adore you
I Love You Quotes. We can never put into words how proud we are of you. You have never done anything halfway. Your work ethic and your determination have constantly amazed us. You have made us incredibly proud-- not only for how hard you work, but more importantly, because of who you are and what you stand for.
I love you, sweetheart. 17. I love you very very much — from dawn to dusk and from dusk until dawn. If only you know how much you mean to me, you'd know that I can't afford to lose you. Baby, I won't stop loving you. 18. Through the thin and thick of life, you've always been there for me. You have always been around.
While I sleep, I dream of you, and while I wake, I long to hold you in my arms. If anything, our time apart has only made me more certain that I want to spend my nights by your side, and my days with your heart. Nicholas Sparks. For Him Heart and Soul Miss You. Displayed 1-22 of 177 quotes. 1.
Essay About I Love You. 874 Words4 Pages. To the one true love in my life - Vicenta, I miss you darling so so much. Do you know what and how you turned my life around I cant see me living an empty lonely life without you by my side. You are like a dream come true. And I swear for God that I adore you my darling with all my heart.
The idea should be that you love them more than any surface decision. You're fine with being unhappy about the action movie, so long as they're happy and you know you'll be rewarded with an extra long orgasm later so it's fine. Give and take, give and take. I'm in love with you because you're the peanut butter to my jelly.
Here's my 5 essential tips on how to write an essay about a quote: 1. Select your Quote Wisely (If you get to choose the Quote!) Okay, so sometimes you're asked to choose a quote and write an essay about it. Other times your teacher gives you the quote and you have to write about the quote they choose.
Using a direct quote in your essay is a great way to support your ideas with concrete evidence, which you need to support your thesis. ... "The imagery in the story mirrors what's happening in Lia's love life, as 'The brown leaves symbolize the death of their relationship, while the green buds suggest new opportunities will soon unfold.'"
Quotations are an instrument to prove your point of view is correct. An essay aiming for 85+ score points contains 2-4 quotes. Each citation supports the thesis statement and strengthens your argument. Quotations are mostly used in Humanities. Social Sciences rely more on paraphrasing, data analysis and statistics.
Check out this FREE essay on I Love You ️ and use it to write your own unique paper. New York Essays - database with more than 65.000 college essays for A+ grades
Rules for using quotes in essays: Avoid Long Quotes. Quotes should be less than 1 sentence long. Match Quotes with Explanations and Examples. Use Max. 2 Quotes for 1500 words. Use page numbers when Citing Quotes. Don't Italicize Quotes. Avoid quotes inside quotes.
Fahrenheit 451 Love Quotes. 1127 Words5 Pages. "The only important thing in a book is the meaning it has for you." (W. Somerset Maugham)In the novel Fahrenheit 451 there is a society where watching fire burn books and spending all your time watching T.V is entertainment and a relationship is spend a few weeks with someone and divorce them.
You love I." - William Goldman, The Princess Bride * * * I wanted to take the time to tell you just how much you mean to me. You've become a rock in my life, something solid and secure I can lean on. Knowing you're by my side makes me so eternally grateful, I can hardly put it to words.
Bronze Bow Quotes. Decent Essays. 643 Words. 3 Pages. Open Document. Matthew 1:44 says, "But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." (Matthew 1:44). This verse means that God wants us to love and pray for our enemies, not to hate them. This verse is also true in a lot of different books like The Bronze Bow.
I Wrote This Book Because I Love You Quotes Showing 1-15 of 15. "if you want to enjoy the rewards of being loved, you also have to submit to the mortifying ordeal of being known.". ― Tim Kreider, I Wrote This Book Because I Love You: Essays. 89 likes.