- RESEARCH PAPERS AND ESSAYS
- ESSAY TOPICS
- PRESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES
- Joseph Robinette Biden
- Donald Trump
- Barack Obama
- States Ranked by Size & Population
- States Ranked by Date
Argumentative Essay On Social Media Advantages And Disadvantages
Danah boyd's complicated summary.
Social media has become mainstream, but should we go with or against the current? “Its Complicated” by Danah Boyd is a comprehensive guide on the teens of today and how they interact online. Boyd is a social media scholar and a youth researcher who has spent almost a decade compiling data in order to grasp what social media is doing to the modern day teens. There are three overall main concepts the book focuses on: What is and isn’t new about life with social media, what does it add and take away from teens’ social life, and how can we take advantage while still limiting the potential abuse of social media. The purpose of this review is to give a well thought out summary of the three main points in the book while also giving arguments that show another side.
Argumentative Essay On The Book Thief
Forty million people a day view Instagram stories, 79% of teenagers use Snapchat once a day, and 51% use it at least eleven times a day. In fact, teenagers use on average five screens a day (Patel, “10 Tips”). The use of social media makes teenagers happier and cures their boredom after school. However, problems arise when young people find all their satisfaction on social media. All this time spent on social media and whether you get enough “likes” could result in a bad outcome and cause poor health. Some teenagers know social media leads to loss of sleep, more anxiety issues, and even failing to communicate with the outside world (Schupak, “Does Technology”). The Book Thief by Markus Zusak has a similar theme. Set in World War II, Liesel, the main character gets taken from her mother to live with the Hubermanns on Himmel Street and her brother perishes along the way. She grows close to her new papa Hans, mama Rosa, as well as Rudy, a boy who influences her tremendously. Her family welcomes a Jewish man named Max, into hiding in their basement. Max and Liesel gain a very strong friendship until he must leave for the family’s safety. In the end, the Allied Powers bomb the city, leaving Liesel as the lone survivor, leaving Liesel to face an extremely difficult time. In the end, the narrator, Death, reunites her with Max. Liesel lives a wonderful life and passes peacefully. In the novel, The Book Thief, Zusak proves the satisfaction found in corruption and harmful choices
Social Media Rhetorical Analysis
An innumerable amount of those people become addicted to social media. Social media are websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking. Social media has certainly advanced over the years. We now have websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and many more. A majority of the people that use these sites are teens and young adults. Social media websites not only uses up time, but negatively impacts many people 's lives. While these sites may be interesting and entertaining, it also contributes to changes in mostly teens behaviors, attitudes, struggles in school, and effective
Henig's 'What Is It About 20-Somethings'
Young adults seem to be achieving adulthood at a later time in life. Whether it’s college students going back to their home or living on their parents budget late into their lives, many adolescents seem to be achieving adulthood less and less in their twenties than generations before. In Henig’s article titled, “What Is It About 20-Somethings”, she states that “getting to what we would generally call adulthood is happening later than ever” (200). Trying to explain this new advancement, Henig sources Professor Jeffrey Arnett, who has introduced the rise of a new life stage, identified by exploring one 's identity, self-focus, and endless possibilities for the prospect called “emerging adulthood”. A bulk of the blame for the development of Arnett’s new stage of life that Henig explores can be sourced on the recent popularity of social media that is discussed in Maria Konnikova’s article “The Limits of Friendship”. Some of the negative results of the increasing use of social media are a greater change of friend groups and acquaintances, increased awareness of the livelihood of our fellow peers, and more exposure to the world around us. With all these results, it is easy to see why young adults continue to become distant and flexible later on in their lives than those of previous generations. One of the most prominent consequences of the continued use of social media is the increase in average age of
Social Media And Social Depression
As the technology era change over time, the social media becomes an important part of our life. We use social media to connect with friends and family, also to found out the latest news or fashion trends. Especially after the great success of Facebook, many other social media follow along such as Snapchat and Instagram. Numerous young age children gradually sink into the virtual world of Social Media. According to the Pew Research Center survey, that majority of Americans use Facebook and YouTube, but young adults are especially heavy users of Snapchat and Instagram. We see social media as a great way to communicate and socialize, but most of us did not realize that social media “secretly” link to the Depression.
Social Media Sociology
Social media was created two decades ago and has developed a lot since 1997 when it had first made an appearance in the world. Before social media many people did not have a way to communicate or interact with others using electronics, everything was verbal or written. When social media first made a blogging page it became a hit as told by Small Business Trends, “In 1999, the first blogging sites became popular, creating a social media sensation that is still popular today.” Social media has made an impact in many people’s lives throughout the years. After blogging was invented, social media exploded with popularity. Social media has made its way up with new development and although it helps us stay connected with others and helps us make new
Argumentative Essay On Use Of Social Media
Nowadays, we are living under decent technology and it has changed a lot of things: Entertainment, communication, and relationship; economy, education, and habit; medical, political and cultural etc. Social media has allowed us to interact with many more people other than we are used to before. We are living in a world where people would rather use text message with their mobile phone than face-to-face to each other, share greeting with more than hundreds of friends on the social media such as upload how they feel on Facebook, show photo Instagram, and what they are doing with Snapchat. A study from the MedData Group found that LinkedIn is the most popular social media site, used by 32% of respondents. That was followed by Facebook (21%),
Argumentative Essay On Social Media
Throughout the past ten years, social media has increasingly become a phenomenon all over the world. In the United States alone, 81% of the population owns some sort of social media account (“Percentage of U.S. population”). With this increasing number, social media has reached an extremely large audience in which resulted in a melting pot of diverse discussions on daily topics. Due to this enormous audience, one must be quite cautious about what they share online. These platforms have become a useful tool that may result in real-life consequences if used in an inefficient way. In order to use social media in an effective and responsible manner, one must professionally voice their opinions by using various methods and prevent the amount of misinformation from being rapidly spread.
Negative Effects Of Social Media Essay
Social media has a great influence on the life of many young people today. Now a day’s most of the people engage themselves in Social media without being bothered about what is its impact on our lives. Today our society is more concerned in face book friends where people don’t interact face to face. Social Media has a great impact on business also but only if it is planned strategically otherwise it can be a big failure. It is estimated that 80 percent of teen are Internet users. So, it is no doubt our real world social lives are seeing some changes. Social media is the driver behind that connection. It is about sharing and broadcasting your life online, conversing with friends as well as strangers.
Negative Effects Of Social Media On Education
Social media are a websites and applications that enables a person to create and share a content. A person can also interact with someone like family, friends, loved ones all around the world. It deals with the sites that a person uses in order for them to have a communication. It has some negative outcomes that has a aggressive feelings, aggressive thoughts, and aggressive behavior. Social networking describes the phenomena found in, participatory and self-expressive websites such as Facebook, Twitter, My space, and Youtube. Social media is becoming an ubiquitous in today’s society and today’s youth are spending a great deal of time using some sites to access in a public life.
Essay On Teenagers And Social Media
Social media has been a constant habit of teenagers, checking their phones in the morning and right before bed. As adolescents are on the media 24/7, teenagers are seen as being easily deceived online, which I believe is true. Therefore, these young people’s mental health is being damaged.
Excessive Use Of Social Media
In the fast developing contemporary world, it seems to be that people cannot spend a day without social media, despite the fact of its numerous negative effects. The vulnerable teenagers should limit the use of social media by spending less time on the Internet as it can cause a number of negative consequences: it can lead to health as well as social problems. Proponents, however, argue that social media changed lives to the better as it made communication easier and faster and there are no negative effects from social media. They might also say it is impossible to withdraw from the Internet at all. This may be true and their argument is valid, nevertheless, all the negative impacts on one’s physical as well as mental health and social life outweigh the mentioned advantages.
Disadvantages Of Social Media Essay
Social media is an online service, platform or site that focuses on building and reflecting of social networks or social relations among people who share interest or activities. Some famous sites are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. The generalization of the internet makes us live conveniently and fast. We live in time where communication is possible without having to exert so much effort. We live in the time where social media is the main medium of communication. Twenty-first century learners spend a lot of free time online. They use it extensively to get global access. It becomes a raging craze for everyone nowadays. Although social media may have change the world for the better, it may also cause distraction to students, it changes the way they interact with others and it causes psychological changes or other health problems. It is quite obvious that using social media has its benefits. The negative impacts, however, are not as apparent.
Advantages And Disadvantage Of Social Media
The definition of social media is a group of internet-based applications that allows the creation and exchange of user-generated contents such as tweet, post, picture, audio files, video and others more which is created by users of an online system and service. Social media is designed to be shared. Sharing means that is easy to comment on and easy to send. Social media is always available and accessible and there is no costs associated with the viewing of media on the particle social media provided. Since the advent of social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter, there has been much debate on their advantages and disadvantages. While social networking sites are a useful contraption in our increasingly connected world, they can also resentfully affect our development and the nature of our social interactions. Hence, it is imperative to first identify their advantages and disadvantages to effectively use them in our life.
Essay On Effects Of Social Media On Students
In the contemporary world, most people use social media for news, entertainment, to seek information and to be updated every day. Nowadays, the use of social media has greatly changed how people interact with other people. Today, most people only consider the benefits that the social media brought to the people without thinking about the possible negative implications of using it.
More about Argumentative Essay On Social Media Advantages And Disadvantages
Home — Essay Samples — Sociology — Social Media — Pros and Cons of Social Media
Pros and Cons of Social Media
- Subject: Sociology , Information Science and Technology
- Category: Sociology of Media and Communication , Computer Science
- Essay Topic: Effects of Social Media , Internet , Social Media
- Published: 28 February 2023
- Downloads: 478
Table of contents
Advantages of social media, disadvantages of social media.
- Van der Bank, C. M., & van der Bank, M. (2014). The impact of social media: advantages or disadvantages. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure, 4(2), 1-9. (http://www.ajhtl.com/uploads/7/1/6/3/7163688/article_17_vol4(2)july-nov_2015.pdf)
- Abudabbous, N. (2021). Advantages and Disadvantages of Social Media and Its Effects on Young Learners. Available at SSRN 4002626. (https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=4002626)
- Holmes, W. S. (2011). Crisis communications and social media: Advantages, disadvantages and best practices. (https://trace.tennessee.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1003&context=ccisymposium)
- Roebuck, D., Siha, S., & Bell, R. L. (2013). Faculty usage of social media and mobile devices: Analysis of advantages and concerns. Interdisciplinary Journal of E-Learning and Learning Objects, 9, 171. (https://digitalcommons.kennesaw.edu/facpubs/3171/)
- Farrugia, R. C. (2013). Facebook and relationships: A study of how social media use is affecting long-term relationships. Rochester Institute of Technology. (https://www.proquest.com/openview/04bf6121089bb04b74dcaba7486bd814/1?pq-origsite=gscholar&cbl=18750)
Remember! This is just a sample.
You can get your custom paper by one of our expert writers.
121 writers online
Remember: This is just a sample from a fellow student.
The impact of social media on society is the theme of this essay. To begin, social networking websites provide a platform where people can share their ideas and experiences. It provides an opportunity for the people around the [...]
As we know that everything in this world has pro and con. This is the same as social media. Social media not only brings positive effects, but also brings negative impacts to us on social interaction. One of the negative effects [...]
How often is it that we walk into a room full of people that are oblivious to the presence of a crowd around them? With their eyes glued to the screen of a smartphone, the scene is starkly different from about a decade ago when [...]
Communication is an essential part of human life when it comes to connecting and advancing our society. Since the beginning of time, different communication forms were established, such as sign language, body language, visual [...]
Primarily internet or cellular phone based applications and tools to share information among people. Social media includes popular networking websites, like Facebook and Twitter; as well as bookmarking sites like Reddit. It [...]
Communication is a part of life. The ability to communicate clearly and effectively is one of the main skills that people have. The use of technology can be a great opportunity for people in communicating, reducing time. But [...]
Facebook is a social networking site that allows its user to connect easily with their friends and loves ones. At the age of 23, Mark Zuckerberg founded Facebook and developed a few other social networking sites, while attending [...]
Actor Shraddha Kapoor became present as a special guest in the software. They name it a revolution from south Asia and the Android app is now available in 220 countries. Sagoon is a unfastened social media app that facilitates [...]
Media heavily affects the bystander effect and we can analyze this by using Max Weber’s theory of symbolic interactionism. Symbolic interactionism is the human interaction at a micro-level. Human individual would be at the [...]
Find Free Essays
We provide you with original essay samples, perfect formatting and styling
Cite this Essay
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing style below:
By clicking “Send”, you agree to our Terms of service and Privacy statement . We will occasionally send you account related emails.
Where do you want us to send this sample?
Be careful. This essay is not unique
This essay was donated by a student and is likely to have been used and submitted before
Download this Sample
Free samples may contain mistakes and not unique parts
Sorry, we could not paraphrase this essay. Our professional writers can rewrite it and get you a unique paper.
Please check your inbox.
We can write you a custom essay that will follow your exact instructions and meet the deadlines. Let's fix your grades together!
Are you interested in getting a customized paper?
We can help you get a better grade and deliver your task on time!
- Instructions Followed To The Letter
- Deadlines Met At Every Stage
- Unique And Plagiarism Free
Argumentative Essay On Social Media Pros And Cons
Show More Social Media How hard is to tell who murdered privacy and common sense when you can see social media’s has machete on its hand? Internet is one of the most powerful technologies we have in this generation, and we are using it in our daily activities as part of our life. Social media such as Facebook, MySpace , Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram are some of the popular social media sites where people interact. Since, these sites are free and easy to access a high percentage of the world’s population is broadcasting their daily activities and interests publicly without thinking twice about future consequences and their privacy. After any information has been posted on these cites it’s hard to control, so the privacy and security of those people …show more content… People can use to social media for different communication proposes. In the very list, families can communicate from two deferent poles of this planet. Social media is the better place to build a great network too. For example, people who look for job can use social media to find their dream job. Francine Russo is a widely recognized journalist. In her article, she discussed about how useful is social media in finding jobs, she said, “ job searchers are migrating away from traditional sites and toward social networks like LinkedIn and Facebook , where many feel more comfortable and in control. They 've helped LinkedIn raise its market share in job search from 4.7% in 2010 to a projected 12.2% by 2013”. This date shows that how social media is in progressing its advantage to the public users. In end, social media has advantages and disadvantages, but the advantages of social media can’t change the fact that you all ways at high risk of privacy and security issue. The advantages social media we can gain from other sources, but our privacy, security and emotional stability we can’t find it somewhere else. Therefore the only way to be safe and secure is to avoid social
Persuasive essay on social media.
Social Media: A Better Option for Today’s Society People all over the world have their own views on social media. A group of people will tell you that social media is one of the world’s greatest inventions; others may try to convince you otherwise. There are two types of people: the type who are against social media for any reasons, including possible dangers, and the type who are all for social media and all of the convenience that it has to offer. With virtually endless opportunities daily to communicate with others near and far, social media is truly one of the most innovative inventions of the 21st century. The rise of other social media sites such as Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram, which continue to increase in popularity on a monthly…
Imposter Syndrome Analysis
The Internet enables those personas by providing ways for people to post anonymously and become whoever they want. It is therefore, the objective of corporations to advertise their assistance of increasing perfection. One way is using celebrity endorsements through social media. For example, Kylie Jenner is the most followed person on Snapchat and has 80.6 million followers on Instagram. She is part of the millennial generation and lives the life many can only dream of having.…
Social Media Analysis
Many Facebook users maintain their profile like a CV because Facebook reflects people’s characteristics as it uses rapidly. Most of the companies and corporate have their own website and they provide internet but they often keep blocked Facebook and other social media in their organization rather they should understand the importance of social media. To meet organizational goal, social, media can play a vital role. Every organization should give emphasis how they can make social media as a part of their organization. In an article, Chuck Cohn says that, in a growing connected society, no matter what types of business run by a company social media can help to increase company’s visibility, profit and number of users- author of the article titled, “How to Properly Use Social Media to Fit Your Business Strategy” (Forbes, January, 2015).…
The Facebook And The Negative Effects Of Facebook
There 's no doubt that Facebook is the most powerful social media and social networking site around now of days. You can easily connect with your friends,work buddies and to meet new people. Facebook makes it so much easier to find people with your similar interest as you by being able to seeing their created profile, about them, and you can easily connect with them through private messages and video chat. Even though Facebook is one of social networking hottest site today, it has many different effects people 's lives in ways more than one because it becomes an addiction, starts to have negative effects on a person 's relationship and requires a connection to be liked, while keeping an eye out for the many hackers looking to scam. Facebook…
Social Networking Argumentative Essay
For example, you can follow the BBC news on twitter and get the news before being broadcasting on the TV by an hour. Social networking can be also profitable. It turned out that social networking is being used widely as professional networking. It has been used in marketing to increase brand exposure, web traffic and gain market insights. 60% of entrepreneurs say that they had gained new customers due to the use of social marketing (Karr, " 2014 Statistics and Trends for Businesses on Social Media").…
Digital Media And Social Media Analysis
Political campaigns are no longer a game played only by the elite. Social media has allowed grassroots campaigns to emerge and compete with big campaigns. Social media sites for candidates are often getting more traffic than an official campaign website (Jerpi 2012). It has become important for candidates to get connected and to stay in touch with the people they represent. The easiest and most efficient way for candidates to express themselves and to get recognized is to use social media.…
Social Media And Privacy
All that is for sure is that social media is a powerful supportive medium that can aid in the efforts of a revolution. However the role of social media could be reciprocated. Maybe social media could be used by political parties as a tool to control and inhibit society (Khondker, 2011). Social Media has allowed researchers and social scientists to collect vast amounts of data in ways they never could before. According to Miller (2011) researchers and social scientists have studied “tweets” from the popular social network Twitter’s millions of users.…
Instagram Ad Stories
Not many view Instagram beyond a place to share the snapshots of their daily lives and the visual compilation of their favorite moments, yet it’s so much more than just another social media platform! The platform has helped numerous brands script some truly amazing Instagram Case Studies or success stories as they really are. One of the most comprehensive marketing channels today, social media has evolved, and at the forefront of this evolution stands Facebook, with its family of platforms, of which Instagram is one of the most formidable. These Instagram Case Studies include brands that have rediscovered their relevance, their audience or risen and reached new people, all through the world’s largest photo sharing platform. Instagram introduced Instagram Stories in 2016 and with, over 250 Million…
The Importance Of Social Networking In Social Media
In the recent years social networking websites such as Facebook, Twitter and online shopping websites such as ebay.com and amazon.com are gaining popularity. The social media is affordable ad effective tool for the market researchers to gain insight of customer needs, brand impact, target audiences and other such important market research. On an average an individual spends around three hours per day in this virtual world of social media, so social media cannot be ignored as it has become dominant. This online generated data plays very crucial role in functioning of private companies like eBay, Amazon, Facebook, Walmart etc. The huge amount of unstructured data is generated every minute as the social media and the online applications have led…
Importance Of Social Media For A Business
What can be better than this? Even with expensive advertisings or big hoardings, the big businesses aren’t overlooking the power of Social Media. So no matter how widely you are marketing your business, you will have to be on Social Media. You got to compete with your fellow competitions: Today, every business however small or big, have come down to the level of Social Media Marketing. And most probably your competing business partner is in the news all over, for their kingly presence on Social Media.…
- Social network service
- Social network aggregation
Ready To Get Started?
- Create Flashcards
- Mobile apps
- Cookie Settings
Argumentative essay on social media
Syde noman ali risks.
According to Syde Noman Ali, “Extreme usage of social media has reduced the level of human interaction. Besides of social networks the interaction with others has become effortless and people have isolated their lives behind their online identities.” What Syde Noman Ali actually means is that many do not maneuver the social media to interact with others; they spend hours online wasting their time. She means that many elude face to face communication. Meetings are evaded for the fact that they can now just email what they have to say. It also is an unacceptable influence in our lives because humans isolate themselves from those around. Being too much on social sites can get addicted to the point where everyone is separating from the entire world. They fall into depression and don't seek for assistant. Social media relationships can contain a positive effect on us yet it can also cause depression, social isolation, insecurity and poor self-esteem.
In today’s world we are surrounded by information technology and social media, which brings with it many changes in the ways we interact with each other in our daily lives. It now only takes a matter of seconds to connect with someone on the other side of the world in many different forms. While many of these advancements are seen as beneficial, there are a number of concerns regarding the subject. For example, there have been a number of recent studies which have made definite links between social media and mental illnesses, especially in teens and young adults. This can range from addictive use of social media sites, to clinical depression; both of which being very real problems in our society today. It is even said
Argumentative Essay On Social Media
There are many opportunities social media offer, for example it gives users the ability to reach out to a large audience. The process of reaching out to a large audience is cost free however it will take time as not everyone is successful at going viral. Another opportunity social media brings is the chance to communicate with consumers, in reality it may be hard to find the chance to speak to someone in the company you’re interested in investing therefore social media makes it easier as it gives direct access to people such as direct messaging, with this they would be able to give feedback on the product they purchased maybe to recommended and suggest new ideas or improvements. Social media is also a creative way to create bonds with their consumers, they can create relationships with consumers, fans and followers, and this will help build trust and loyalty meaning if the customers feel like they are involved with a business they are likely to stay with them.
Persuasive Essay On Social Media
Accordingly, to what I had to say in the paragraph before there are plenty of negative effects that will occur if you overuse the internet. Plenty of other ways it will affect your daily life if you overuse the internet will be you falling into depression and also failing in school and health issues. Therefore, it would affect your education and your participation in physical activities. The internet does have an impact in your life, perhaps not only awful influences for that reason there are also plenty of great consequences that will happen if you use the internet often.It has been observed that if you are on online more often you will improve your typing skills, communication, tolerance, also basic computer skills for the reason
Social media is a modern way human beings connect with each other. By posting photos of one’s everyday moments that share experiences and one’s daily thrills for all to see. Social media allows one to communicate as well with comments and likes. The comments and likes keeps one’s personal internet community connected within each other. The community ranges from family members, close friends, past friends from high school, and even strangers in some cases. So, is social media a blessing or curse? “Irrespective of the terminology used, it is evident that excessive internet use results in decreased work productivity, neglect of daily life activities, affects family time, relationships get strained, communication within family reduces, meal quality get affected, reduction in hobbies and developing mental health issues” (Nawaz & Anand, 2003; Young, 1998; Beard, 2005; Kraut et al., 1998). Can something that designed to bring one together with others somehow pull each other apart. The time spent is excessive and can lead to personal dangers. The dangers can be addressed if the time spent is limited. Human beings should limit their use of social media because the dangers brought towards one’s life such as social interactions, health, one’s identity, self-worth, and academics. Life is something we face and deal with naturally, not electronically. Social media is an unnatural way to grow up. With simple adjustments, one can solve these issues created as
Social Medi The Truth
Social Media destroys the basic human ability to interact with others. This is supported by the quote, “Communication is constantly evolving. Some people are as used to seeing their friends’ online avatar as they are their face,” said Yazino founder Hussein Chahine in The Telegraph. This shows how addicted people have become to Social Networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. This is
Facebook Argument Paper
Jennifer Sexton makes the point that social networking sites, mainly Facebook, are unhealthy in today’s society because it encourages people to sit at their computer and make friends with a computer screen. Spending time on the computer making friends is not the same as making face-to-face friendships for many reasons. People who are making friends online are no getting daily exercise they need. Also another big factor is that it is a questionable form of friendship. Meaning, “…so called “online friends” have the ability to create their own personal profiles with a surprising degree of creative
Negative Effects Of Social Media
Many students are spending more time on Social Media and wasting their valuable time. When I am on social media I did not feel like doing my homework and it makes me
The Negative Effects Of Social Media And Its Effects On Society
In the last twenty years, a phenomenon known as social media has become popular, and with this phenomenon, people have started to be able to communicate and share their lives with others all over the world with ease, and this has brought the world together in a unique way. However, all good things have problems, and a multitude of problems have come from becoming addicted to using social media. In Fanni Bányai’s article "Problematic Social Media Use: Results from a Large-Scale Nationally Representative Adolescent Sample,” she says, “Negative outcomes triggered by the excessive use of social media may have a detrimental effect on the personal, social, and/ or professional lives of the users.” and I agree because it is easy to see the impact of social media overuse in the society of todays world. Social media is a fantastic thing that allows people to stay in touch with distant friends and family to share experiences, but social media also can become addictive and destroy face to face friendships, but these problems are fixed by planning time to use social media, and not posting everything an individual does.
Perhaps to continue we should learn how to limit our time on the internet and experience in the world it would avail you physically and emotionally. Although it's considerable to use the internet on the daily. People are abusing the internet causing to gain a peculiar and uninteresting lifestyle and also unhealthy. "All of this access can be hazardous; those who abuse the internet can become trapped in a cyber riptide of sorts, pulled in further and further as their time online increases, their school
Brian Solis, author of the book, Engage, once wrote, “social media spark a revelation that we, the people, have a voice, and through the democratization of content and ideas we can once again unite around common passions, inspire movements, and ignite change.” “I thought I was never going to meet my grandkid,” are the words of a grandmother with low resources living far away from her family, after video calling with her grandkid’s parents. Social Media has changed the world and has made possible, the impossible. Social Sites opened a road full of opportunities for those who desirably want to help many others all around the world. Social Websites are more helpful than dangerous because they help families and friends keep in touch, it’s actually good for democracy, and social media helps raise millions for good causes.
Sending friend requests to a bunch of unknown people just to increase your friend list. Scanning the phone every two seconds looking for comments and likes on your posts. Keeping a regular check on your follower base and searching for ways to keep it growing. Browsing through all of your friends’ as well as their friends’ Facebook accounts only to find yourself feeling more and more miserable. While not all, most social media users have had this experience at some point in time where their source of entertainment turns into a constant source of anxiety. While social media platforms such as Facebook can be great for global connectivity, the frequent users of such sites are more likely to be depressed. It is because high use of social media causes individuals to be isolated from the real world, making them exceedingly dependent on these sites to feel accepted.
With social media being fairly new to our modern world, there are a significant amount of different ways to utilize it through many different applications and websites. Some of these websites are being applied towards social media. People need social media to initiate relationships with new friends or keep in contact with distant friends along with family. Social media is also operated to help promote upcoming events or to help speak your mind so that everyone can see things from your own unique perspective. Debates over social media are very popular, this is because it can be easier to hide behind a screen than to argue in person. Social media is applied for easier accessibility to news of what is happening around you as well as what is happening around the world. Countless people value group messages, Facebook messages, for example, to reach out to people who might be harder to connect with in person. Social media has become more than just something that we play with for fun, for some it has a become a part of their lifestyle and everyday living.
Many people have described the Internet as “a whole new world.” From Facebook to Google, there are a multitude of ways to connect with others and acquire information like never before. According to Pew Research Center, seventy-six percent of social media users in the United States use Facebook daily (Social Media Fact Sheet).That is an immense amount of connections and information being shared. The United States has made many technological advancements for the good, however, the United States has given up their privacy for safety and convenience.
Social media is a world-wide network being used by millions. It’s either Facebook, Snapchat, even just text messaging that can be considered social media. Nowadays kids don’t ask for toys or some cool contraption that they saw in a store; hence, they are now asking for any technological device they see at stores. Social media can be very treacherous, for example: false advertising, inappropriate website, giving away personal information because they think the person on the other side of the screen is their friend, or because they’re going to give them something they’ve really wanted. Teenagers have been becoming more vacuous throughout generations. They don’t know what’s good and what’s bad at this point. Many of us rely on the phone and many people say they can’t live without it. Once they lose their phone they go into a state of panic and find themselves dumbfounded not knowing what to do with themselves anymore. When trying to look for a news story, you find yourself reading an article about what a Kardashian was wearing, or “How to get Noticed on Social Media” , or when a celebrity just had a baby. All illogical news, no importance.
- Skip to main content
- Skip to secondary menu
- Skip to primary sidebar
- Skip to footer
A Plus Topper
Improve your Grades
Pros and Cons of Social Media Essay | Essay on Pros and Cons of Social Media for Students and Children
January 7, 2021 by Prasanna
Pros and Cons of Social Media Essay: A computer-mediated tool that allows its users to create, share, or exchange information, ideas, pictures, etc. is known as social media.
Social media helps people connect worldwide, is simple to use, and is one of the fastest-growing markets, but there are many risks of using social media.
You can also find more Essay Writing articles on events, persons, sports, technology and many more.
Long and Short Essays on Pros and Cons of Social Media for Students and Kids in English
We are providing students with a long essay of 500 words and a short essay of 150 words on Pros and Cons of Social Media for reference.
Long Essay on Pros and Cons of Social Media 500 Words in English
Long Essay on Pros and Cons of Social Media is usually given to classes 7, 8, 9, and 10.
People socialize and interact with others in their day to day life, be it their family, friends, colleagues, or it can even be strangers. The age of writing letters is gone, where one has to wait for days before they receive an answer. Even though telephone calls and emails are still in use for contact, but people find social media more efficient sometimes.
If we are to look at the positive aspects of social media, then we will get numerous advantages. People use social media for multiple reasons like seeking employment, finding romance, or getting advice. Social media has also proven to be a very useful device for education. Thanks to social media that someone sitting in India is also able to access the contents of someone posting from America. The latest news and trending styles are just a click away.
Other than the aspects mentioned before, social media also strengthens the bonds between loved ones. It is because of social media that distance is not a barrier anymore for reaching out. Social media is a great platform for exposure of young budding artists that allow them to showcase their talent for free to a huge audience. Another perk that social media provide us is that it allows companies to promote their brands. Social media has become a hub for campaigning and advertising, along with offering the company a great platform for connecting with their customers.
Apart from the various attractive features of social media that often leads to the setting of trends, it also helps in empowering youth and people of other age groups as well. Like-minded people form a network among themselves on social by creating or joining social groups or pages where they share the content of similar interests and also get to interact with each other.
Despite having so many advantages, social media is also often said to be one of the most harmful elements in society. Social media can lead to grave consequences if not monitored. Social media invades the privacy of people like no other form of communication ever did before. Often children and people, who over-share on social media, fall prey to predators like bullies and hackers. The mental health of people is affected significantly because of cyber-bullying on social media. The addiction to social media is a serious matter of concern that many youths face. Addiction to social media leads to an increase in anxiety, hampering of studies, and, most importantly, a waste of time.
Social media has also been responsible for creating communal rifts and misunderstanding among many individuals. Many positive and peace-loving minds of people are poisoned because of the spread of fake news on social media. Hence, as responsible people, we should use social media with good intentions rather than making it something that is toxic. Social media is a very useful tool that can be further developed to bring greatness to humankind.
Short Essay on Pros and Cons of Social Media 150 Words in English
Short Essay on Pros and Cons of Social Media is usually given to classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.
The tool for communication and self-expression that has become very popular among people of almost every age group is social media. One of the most dominant age group users of social media is the youths of today. The thing about social media that appeases the majority of the crowd is its user-friendly features.
Social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. are providing people with the opportunity to connect with each other across distances. Thanks to the facilities that the internet and social media provide, this allows us to have the entire world at our fingertips.
This is why many people wonder that something with such a massive reach must be very powerful, and this great power cannot be all good. Hence, many people argue that just like there are two sides of a coin, the same can be said for social media. But then again, different people have varying opinions about the debatable topic of social media’s pros and cons.
Hence we can conclude by saying that social media has both pros and cons, but it also depends on how the user of the socials media utilizes it. A balance must be created between all other activities and social media by the people.
10 Lines on Pros and Cons of Social Media in English
1. Social Media, by design, is internet-based, and quick electronic communication can be done using social media. 2. Social media increases and facilitates voter participation and political changes. 3. Social media can helps defuse social stigmas. 4. Social media is used by the US Department of Veteran Affairs to prevent suicide. 5. Social media provides a platform that allows individuals to access previously inaccessible academic resources. 6. Face-to-face plans can also be made using social media web sites. 7. However, on the other hand, social media can be associated with brain and personality disorders. 8. Invasion of privacy can be done using social media advertising practices. 9. Social media posts cannot be fully erased. 10. Wastage of time, mostly among students, is mainly caused due to social media.
FAQ’s on Pros and Cons of Social Media Essay
Question 1. What are the main risks of social media among children?
Answer: Main risks of social media among children are cyberbullying, accidental malware download, posting private information, and posts that may backfire a child later in life.
Question 2. Can we avoid social media dangers?
Answer: Social media risks can be avoided by protecting your identity, not connecting with strangers, protecting your location while browsing online, never overshare and never tag any locations near one’s home in the online posts.
Question 3. Is social media a blessing or a handicap?
Answer: Social media is a blessing, not a handicap but only if it is practised with good working habits while ensuring one’s account is not hacked.
Question 4. Why is social addiction bad for one’s health?
Answer: The overuse of social media causes unhappiness and general displeasure with life for the users. Social media is also a major cause of issues like depression and anxiety.
- RS Aggarwal Solutions
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 10
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 9
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 8
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 7
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 6
- Picture Dictionary
- English Speech
- ICSE Solutions
- Selina ICSE Solutions
- ML Aggarwal Solutions
- HSSLive Plus One
- HSSLive Plus Two
- Kerala SSLC
- Distance Education
Disadvantages Of Social Media Essay
The first word in the terminology is social, meaning enabling the humans within the community to connect with each other’s .The second word in the terminology is media, which are the tools human uses to reach, communicate and connect with each other’s. Today there are many forms of social media tools or instruments for example TV, radio, newspaper, internet and other social communication programs. These advances in technology have enabled us to share information and keep up to date with current affairs however, it can also have negative effect of its users. The life before social media was very simple and the relationships between families were very strong. In the past, People used talk face to face and share past memories. People …show more content…
In this essay, the author
- Explains that social and media are the terms used by humans to reach, communicate and connect with each other's. advances in technology have enabled us to share information and keep up with current affairs.
- Explains that the life before social media was simple and the relationships between families were strong. people used talk face-to-face and share past memories.
- Explains that social media has become an important part of people's lives. it can help people connect with each other, share ideas, opinions, images, and videos.
- Explains that social media plays an important role in business, marketing, and tourism.
- Analyzes the negative effects of social media on society, such as the weakening of the bond between family members.
- Explains that social media has become an addiction for some age groups, especially on young adults and children. they are more exposed to violence on internet and video games.
- Explains that some websites or e-mails work to piracy and deception people. some educators and parents, educational institutions worried about new drug called electronic drug that has been invented by some companies specialized in electronic music.
- Explains that children between the ages of four and five years spend seven and a half hours per day in front of screens of electronic devices. children who read messages browsing the internet on their mobile phones tend to bring devices close their eyes.
- Explains that some social media like you type contains videos not suitable for children. revolutions started on face book and changed the lives of many people in many countries.
- Explains that social media can have various impacts on our life, such as a major impact on couples relationship, addiction to internet, and religious beliefs and practices.
- Concludes that social media has positive and negative impact in all age groups, and that people must control how much and when they use it, rather than the other way around.
The effect can been seen on the society as people now hide behind screens and tend to have limited face to face commutation. It’s also ironic that many relationships were built through online chatting and later were disappeared without people meeting one another in reality. Perhaps, one of the most downsides of Social media is the weakening of the bond between family members. In other words, the overuse of technology such as laptops and smartphones have negatively affected healthy relationships and led to isolation, depression and psychological conditions due to the lack of support between family members. Education wise, social media is believed to be one of the reasons behind the drop in educational level and standard among teenagers and children. The great amount of time they spend on social medial is likely to affect their intelligence as the brain become lazier in memory and information processing. In addition, Students are now totally reliant on “google” to find the answer for their research assignments or a question in their homework before attempting it by themselves. Unfortunately, social media has also led to decrease in spelling and grammar skills between students and children as many depend on ‘autocorrect’’ to check the spelling of their words and finish their sentences. Additionally, Moreover people became motionless because they are ignoring the real nature of speaking or writing, …show more content…
For example, many revolutions started on face book and it changed the lives of many people in many countries some to better and others to worse. Unfortunately the horror nature of these events have been documented on the internet, which means when children view these videos they is how life supposed to be. Furthermore, social media can have various impact on our life, a major, impact can be seen on couples relationship, for instance, focus on social media can lead to less communications and interaction between couples and after a while they become detached to each other due to neglect and lack of interest to one another. Another impact of social media can also be seen on religious beliefs and practices, for example, addiction to internet can eventually stop teenagers from attending their ritual and religious events where they participate in groups with other believers and gain more insight about their
- Explains that the target population is children 6-12 and teenagers 13-18 yrs. both male and females are wanted to participate in the research.
- Opines that a larger sample with more diversity would have benefitted the results. they agree that their methodology could have included more surveys or interviews.
- Opines that social media can greatly affect anyone, no matter the age, and that parents need to be more aware of their children's daily activities.
- Analyzes the impact of computer use on children's and adolescent development.
- Analyzes the impact of electronic devices on children's development, such as video games, home computers, and the internet. teens use the internet more often than younger children and grown ups.
- Explains that teens used the internet for homework assignments, for communication with local and distant friends, and by finding information related to their interests and hobbies.
- Explains ahn, j., the effects of social network sites on adolescent's social and academic development.
- Explains that adolescents use social media in large numbers and that educators should embrace these new designs.
- Analyzes ahn, j. and buggy, t., the effect of social network sites on adolescents' social and academic development.
- Analyzes the impact of social media on children, adolescents, and families.
- Cites strasburger, donnerstein, and villani for their 10-year review of the research on the impact of media on children and adolescents.
- Opines that the citizens of the united states of america should un-plug from social media and the internet because there are many side effects that affect our daily lives and it can be deadly to humans.
- Explains how technology can affect our daily lives. over-exposure of children to the internet, games or texting has led to deteriorated patience and an elevated exasperation.
- Explains that social networks have hampered the physical interaction skills of many children. technology is linked to other types of mental health issues, such as depression, stress, and sleep disorders.
- Explains that too much social media and technology can be deadly. researchers at michigan state university released findings that suggested using multiple forms of media at the same time could be linked to symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Opines that michelle obama has dedicated 6+ years of her life to helping children get active and to lower the child obesity numbers. if people disconnect from technology and social media, the world would be a better place with less suicide rates.
- Opines that technology has its ups and downs, but there are more negative than positive things about technology these days.
- Cites bullying statistics and burbank, luke. "how smart technology can make us dumb." cbsnews. cbs interactive.
- Narrates the abc news article, "study shows kids tethered to technology." suciu, peter. too much technology use tied to depression and anxiety.
- Explains that walton, alice g., "feeling overconnected? 5 reasons to unplug from technology after work." forbes.
- Explains that social media has changed the way that we communicate with others through common social networking sites like face book, twitter, and instagram.
- Explains that social media has a positive impact on the society level. it allows for millions to keep in touch with each other and update for all the new technology.
- Explains that social media changed the way of living and the working level of many people like organizing vacations and researching for school and university projects.
- Opines that social media has a bad and negative aspect on teenagers. they can create an ideal world with who they love as they like and need.
- Analyzes how these sites encourage people to be more public not very private about their personal information and familial secrets and their private sensation and love.
- Explains that social media can cause problems, such as anger, stress, pressure, and depression. fake relationships may cause psychological problems like frustration, anxiety, depression and poor sleep.
- Opines that social media provides a way of keeping in relations with friends, allows many companies to reach large number of costumers and to be more productive.
- Analyzes how social media has impacted and changed society negatively, from sending letters and important documents by carriers in the 18th century to a more efficient way contributed by the internet.
- Explains that communication was a necessity in the 1800s and 1900s. the first social network site called sixdegrees was created.
- Analyzes how the creation of social networks has changed the way society socializes, specifically, in adults.
- Explains that adults are not the only age demographic negatively affected by social media; children and young adults have been impacted immensely.
- Describes sathvanarayana rao, t. s. vishal india, and indla r. reddy.
- Explains that communication has always been an important part of human evolution, but what happened when the internet came into our lives?
- Explains that the world population reached 7000 billion, and we know that 1.23 billion of them are currently using facebook, but there are plenty of other social sites we are not taking into account at this moment.
- Explains that facebook has a clear purpose since its introduction, to help you improve and cultivate your social life.
- Explains that people turn to technology and social media sites to feel accompanied, to forget about real-life problems or obligations. sherry turkle says that we are leaving behind something as basic as face-to-face communication to engage in an online based one.
- Explains that the web and social media played an active role in the election of president obama or that young voters were motivated to vote through social networks. however, most of the activity on the internet comes from social networking sites.
- Opines that using social media as the only means of communication is not the healthiest choice you can make.
- Explains that social media is so popular that according to forbes.com, 72% of american adults are currently using social networking sites; that figure has gone up 800% in just 8 years.
- Explains that social media is a dangerous addiction due to its negative side effects like sleep deprivation, and self-esteem problems.
- Explains that social media has been proven to improve communication amongst americans over the past few years.
- Explains that social media prevents people from being productive by consuming their time and causing distractions. it is a clear case of distraction to all of us who are users.
- Concludes that social media has been proven to provide the consumer with bad and good, but in this case the bad outweighs the good.
- Explains how social media and social networking have had a tremendous impact on the word, culture, and business.
- Explains that social networking, such as facebook and twitter, is a great tool for people to communicate, but it also leads to less face-to-face communication.
- Argues that children need to be limited the use of technology in early age and instead of that, they can play and talk to others child that will help them develop their health in both mentally and physically way.
- Analyzes how social media negatively affects students academically by distracting them during class, reducing focus on learning and retaining information. plagiarism becomes a serious issue in most schools because students rely on the internet to get the answers for their assignments.
- Opines that social media is a dangerous site that can be harmful for your education and personality.
- Explains that social media is helpful to create new social connections to bring people from all over the world to be closer.
- Opines that social media has both of advantages and disadvantages to the development of people of our generation. it might lead to less social interaction and negatively affect students academically.
- Explains that social network sites have become an important part of everyday life for many people, considering that americans live in a country of technological advances.
- Explains that social networking helped speed up the process of communication. before the invention of email, people had to communicate with others by sending letters through the mail.
- Explains that facebook is the most popular social networking site. it was launched in 2004 and has taken over the way people communicate worldwide.
- Explains that facebook has become america's new pastime, but social media has also come with some setbacks, such as invasion of privacy and lack of communication.
- Explains the disadvantages of social networking, such as privacy invasion, cyberbullying, and the spread of false information.
- Explains that twitter is beneficial because it allows people to basically say what is on their mind and release their emotions instead of holding it in. social networking sites have become a popularity contest to see who has more followers or likes
- Explains that social media has negative effects on people, such as loss of production and wasting time.
- Explains that social media can lead to psychological effects of its users, such as chronic depression and loss of self-esteem.
- Concludes that social networking sites have a profound effect on people, but overuse may lead to addiction, depression, and social isolation.
- Opines that social media is driving america's youth into the ground. teenagers and adults are so wrapped up in it that it runs their lives every day.
- Explains how society has become dependent on social media to entertain, excite, and inform each other on the newest and latest hot topics of today's world.
- Opines that social media has a negative impact on people's lives, and that it can lead to depression.
- Explains that students who use social media have lower grades and a lower grade point average, while non-users have an average gpa of 3.82, and college students' grades dropped 0.12 points for every 93 minutes above the average 106 minutes spent on facebook.
- Explains that job recruiters reported negative reactions to finding profanity, poor spelling or grammar, illegal drugs, sexual content, pictures of or with alcohol, and religious content on potential employees' social media pages.
- Opines that cyberbullying is the worst negative result of social media, citing amanda todd's suicide.
- Argues that social media helps solve crimes for the police. if a convict is released from prison, police can track them on twitter and facebook if they expect them to do another illegal act.
- Opines that social media has nothing but negative effects on people's minds. it would only improve our society if it never existed to our knowledge.
- Argues that social media is one of the most common means of communication and pretty much of knowing anything and everything around the world.
- Explains that social media has made it possible for people, or even families, who live far away from each other to communicate easily.
- Explains that social media has made it easier for businesses and business people to communicate faster and get things accomplished. celebrities can also keep in touch and communicate with their fans or other celebrities through social network sites.
- Explains that some opponents argue that social media has a negative impact on society, especially on young adults. dr. jennifer caudle states that cyberbullying could cause depression, anxiety, loneliness, and insomnia.
- Opines that cyber bullying can be prevented by having open discussions with children who use the internet and social media sites.
- Explains that social media has many good purposes and effects, but they also have a few bad effects that can be prevented. social media sites have also made it possible for brands or celebrities to easily communicate with each other.
- Cites jo stratmann's using social media to improve internal communications. social media today, how celebrities use social media to build their brand.
- Cites the american osteopathic association (n.d.). cyber-bullying and its effect on our youth.
Social Media Essay: Benefits and Drawbacks of Social Networking Sites
Sep 03 2020 ● 8 min read
Table of Contents
What is social media essay.
As you know, an social media essay is a piece of writing that is used to introduce an essential topic to the world with its underlying advantages and disadvantages. These aspects are driven solely by facts and should not contain the opinions of the writers. It is drafted to give others a better understanding of the subject in hand.
No matter which subject it pertains to, an essay ends with a conclusion where the writers are permitted to give their opinion after weighing the advantages and disadvantages.
Similarly, a social media essay is written to appreciate the positive aspects and highlight the negative impacts of social media in this time and day. The conclusions include the analysis of the two elements by the writers in their own lives and give an open-ended point of view. Depending upon the essay writer or paper writing service , the decision can be decisive, too, but that is not encouraged.
How do you write a social media essay?
Today, the use of social networks, whether it is Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, or LinkedIn, has increased exponentially. An average millennial spends 2 hours and 58 minutes per day on social media platforms like Facebook. While some say that the platform is super-informative, others argue that all the information gathered on this platform is trivial and doesn't justify long hours invested in the use of social media.
The above arguments make using social media by individuals with a debatable issue, and this is why a lot of students are required to write an essay on social media. So, here are some incredible tips to help you out in writing an essay on social media even if you don't have marketing skills .
Structure of Social Media Essay
A classic essay consists of 3 parts – the introduction, main body, and the conclusion.
- The Introduction
As you introduce the main topic, always begin with how it is relevant to the current scenario. You can do this by providing some background information. The information can be made richer by adding some reliable stats and data . Once you have established the topic, you need to give a strong thesis statement of the hypothesis on which your essay is based.
The thesis statement in your essay should be precise and debatable. If not, the arguments that you are going to put forward in the essay would make no sense.
The main body of your text should consist of logical arguments in relevance to your hypothesis. Make sure you put forward one statement in one paragraph and start a new one with another section. This will make your essay look more organized.
Also, when developing ideas, only include the ones you can write clearly about. If not, avoid them. Make sure that the essay develops coherently.
To conclude the essay about social media, bring back your hypothesis, and state how the aspects you discussed earlier support or nullify it. Make it a point to summarize all ideas, but do not start adding more ideas when you are about to conclude. You can now give an, ideally, open end to your essay.
A great conclusion is the one that provokes thought and will make your readers question the use of social media in their everyday lives.
Also, remember that essays do not have to include pros and cons always. They can either be full of pros or cons or both, depending upon your hypothesis. Just ensure they are relevant.
Various tones of a social media essay
You might believe that an essay is an essay, and two of them would be similar, but that's a misconception. Different essays have varying tones depending on how the author is treating the thesis statement through the main body of the text. Here are a few examples of essays on social media in different tones.
- Sample of a Persuasive Essay
If you are asked to write an academic paper about the effects of social media on the mental health of teenagers and young adults, you should make it persuasive. For this, just writing about the topic is not enough. It would help if you had an impactful thesis, followed by powerful arguments to support or question your theory.
The perils associated with social media addiction are forcing parents and "grown-ups" to throw their benefits in bad light today. In the race to become best in academics and non-academic activities, people are losing their grip on how social networks bring people together. They empower individuals with knowledge about various cultures and languages, which might not have been possible otherwise.
Social media sites can be addictive, and students might waste their formative years scrolling through the trivial feed and gain nothing but superficial knowledge. But that is just because neither parents nor the school is encouraging positive social media behavior. If these institutions start offering tips to students to limit and utilize their time on social media , one would be amazed to see their achievements.
Is social media a catalyst for the downfall of student life? Well, social media sites like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and more are teeming with inspirational achievers and content creators who go the extra mile to share their stories and inspire students. If the children are taught to see their access to social media as an opportunity to grow rather than a competition for likes and followers, they are bound to work harder and achieve goals that seemed insurmountable earlier.
- Sample of Negative Essay about social media
If you have been asked to highlight the negative aspects of social media, your teacher does not mean that you have to cross all limits to present the use of social media in a bad light. Instead, what they are asking for is some logical and believable arguments that tell us why social media is harmful to society.
Social media is destroying family links by creating a virtual shell for each individual, which dissociates them with their own parents and siblings. The kids are adversely affected by increased access to social media if parents are always indulged in their devices and ignore them. Eventually, even kids start using tools to connect to other people, ignoring their family members.
Since kids and teenagers are the most impressionable age groups, they start believing that everything that glitters on social media platforms is gold, and they become materialistic. Their lives start revolving around likes, comments, and followers/subscribers. No matter whether their minds are prepared for such exposure or not, social media exposes them to the best and the worst about this world, which might turn them into rebels. They start valuing their online friends more than their offline lives and go to unimaginable extents to keep them entertained.
So, parents and elders need to pay attention to their children and limit their social media use so that they can learn to form real relationships and values.
- Weighing the pros and cons
Another way in which you can present your social media essay is by comparing the positive and negative aspects associated with it. In such essays, the conclusion is better left open for the readers to decide their own take on social media.
One cannot argue that social media has taken the world by storm by allowing like-minded individuals to connect and share their experiences with the world. You can use these platforms to make new friends and discover the ones who have lost touch. You can talk to everyone on your friend list and share your content on these channels to become a part of the creators' community. There is no dearth for talent on social media and its admirers.
On the other hand, if you use social media sites for long stretches of time in one go, you run the risk of addiction. Gradually, a social media addict starts to build a cocoon for themselves, which they find hard to step out of. This leads to a disconnect between you and the family you already have and love. One might feel too confined yet comfortable in their space that they have no urge left to step out, pushing them towards social seclusion, or worse – depression.
When you flip the coin again, you will discover that social media has become an incredible platform for small businesses to grow and earn good profits. The grass-root companies do not have to invest much for advertising and promotion or even own an establishment. All they have to do is to create a social media presence for themselves, and their brand will start selling in no time!
In the end, social media is a game-changer on the World Wide Web. It allows people to connect with the virtual world with the risk of disconnecting with the real world. Then again, businesses are doing well on these platforms. There are indeed two sides to social media, one positive and another negative, and it is up to you which one you lean towards more.
- Argumentative social media essay
A challenging but equally exciting type of essay on social media you should know about is an argumentative essay. It is often written when you are tasked with altering the point of view of the reader, which is of a completely opposite belief. Here is a sample for your better understanding.
Social networks have an uncertain future with the string impression they leave on users, especially the younger generations. Parents panic with the first mention of social media sites by their children and learning about their presence on these platforms because they are afraid of cyberbullying. They do not want their children to get cat-fished by some stranger on Reddit when they are not around.
Moreover, social media platforms are the reason why several individuals are losing their confidential data every day to corporate houses. These businesses are using the information to bug users with ads about stuff they do not want to buy.
If such instances carry on, the day is not far when the government will start to keep checks on the likes of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other channels. Massive surveillance will be imposed on these sites to prevent malicious minds from harming innocent teenagers physically or by hacking into their systems. So, before you get a chance to ask " have I been hacked ", know that someone is taking care of it.
Incorporate an Attractive Topic
Having an attractive topic for your social media essay does not mean using poetic words in it. You should have an issue relevant to the current scenario. In the process of selecting a fascinating topic, do not forget to keep it within the extents of your knowledge. If it becomes too complicated for you to write about, you will be stuck when coming up with arguments and ideas.
The perfect topic would be the one which offers good potential for research and is interesting for the readers too. Even if you present profound arguments about such topics, they should be in a logical, comprehensible, and readable format for people to understand easily.
Writing a social media essay is no cakewalk, whether you are a high-school student or university student. All you need to do is, structuralize it properly, be clear with the ideas and arguments you are planning to present, pick the tone of your essay, and began writing. Do not forget to top your essay up with a catchy topic so that your entire hard work doesn't fall flat.
Published on Sep 03 2020
Gintaras is an experienced marketing professional who is always eager to explore the most up-to-date issues in data marketing. He is always in search of new and unexplored angles to share with his readers.
As communicating online replaces face-to-face communication it blunts our social skills. Technology prevents us from experiencing real life communication
This joint effort allows people to connect and resolve critical and important issues. Social media is the fastest and the easiest way for the community to get
Disadvantages can cause deaths. Today's society is so influenced of social media that they spend their whole day on surfing social media.
It is harmful because it invades your privacy like never before. The oversharing happening on social media makes children a target for predators and hackers. It
After any information has been posted on these cites it's hard to control, so the privacy and security of those people …show more content… People can use to
For some people understanding a life without social media is near impossible. Using social media can have some adverse effects such as: it causes cyberbullying
It also is an unacceptable influence in our lives because humans isolate themselves from those around. Being too much on social sites can get addicted to the
Social media invades the privacy of people like no other form of communication ever did before. Often children and people, who over-share on
Social media can create a negative affect on lives because it has been proven to be a dangerous addiction, for it takes away interpersonal relationships that
On the other hand, if you use social media sites for long stretches of time in one go, you run the risk of addiction. Gradually, a social media