- RESEARCH PAPERS AND ESSAYS
- ESSAY TOPICS
- PRESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES
- Joseph Robinette Biden
- Donald Trump
- Barack Obama
- States Ranked by Size & Population
- States Ranked by Date
Essay On Importance Of Computer In Education
Argumentative essay about technology in education.
"Technology is like art. It is a soaring exercise of the human imagination". Like everything in this world that has its good and bad effects on us, technology does too. How we use technology is important in determining what results it would bring us. Nowadays, technology is heavily used for educational purposes. Integrating technology in education can be extremely beneficial. It can be a useful method for the students and their teachers, which improves both their skills. In addition, being active on the Internet when learning can make students and teachers’ academic journey easier. There is a lot of evidence that proves how useful technology is for both students and their instructors. This paper attempts to show that using the Internet allows
Myth Of Multitasking
Without technology impacting the growth of business communication society would be outdated and operated with an ancient manual system. Newer technology compliment businesses by way of faster
Cursive Writting Research Paper
Cursive Writting The way of studying have been change significantly during the past century. More access to computers, can make studying easier and fast learning. Its easier for homework. In some school students can send their homework by E-mail, and that means no more writting on paper.
Cursive Writing Should Be Taught In Schools Essay
We rely more on technology for pretty much everything. The new form of writing is now typing on keyboards and reviewing everything online. So, not everyone will need to write everything down, anymore. Most people 's jobs depend entirely on technology, such as a desk receptionist, as most of the time they will be on computers, typing documents and so forth. It 's much faster doing it this way as in
Wire All Schools Not So Fast Essay
Instead of teaching students, many teachers have turned to technology as a means of teaching. It’s okay to incorporate technology as a teaching method, but I do not agree that it should be their only means of teaching. The traditional ways of teaching allowed students to work for their answers. All in all, technology has proven to be an advantage for me as it has allowed me to complete my degree online.
Essay On Digital Learning
Digital learning has various effects on the academic performance of the students and this digital learning can help the students to improve their performance in the classroom. Digital learning really makes the students work easier. Because of this, the students may have an advanced knowledge by easily searching their lesson using this technology. With this digital technology, it gives more information to the students to gain more knowledge about their school works. There are lots of technology that were integrated into the classroom that help the students learn with comfort, and that allows the student to gain and recall more information. With the use of digital learning, it will help the students to be more active engaged in their lesson,
Take A Leap Into Writing Craig Wynne Analysis
Out of the two basic ways to write, some people enjoy writing the old fashion way with a pen and paper. Others take a more modern approach using a computer and keyboard. Attending elementary school in the big computer boom era of the mid-nineties, my generation was one of the first to actually have a “computer lab” type of class. Since those days every word assignment I have ever had was completed using a computer. If I ever used a pen and paper and pen it is only to take quick notes that are barley legible, only to transfer them on to a computer at a later time.
Computer Science And Technology
A computer has already become an inseparable part of life. It helps a doctor in his diagnosis; it helps an engineer in his multifarious activities; guides a pilot or a navigator to safety; it helps a public or a private official or businessman in more ways than one. It is an important part of every institution, every office and every establishment public or private in several countries. Accept it or not, the computer has invaded the work place.
Synthesis Essay On The Impact Of Technology On Education
Looking up from my reading my history book I realize something I have become so accustomed to: the amount of technology being used in the classroom. Everyone is on their school issued iPads. Some appear to be glued to the screen like they’re watching something, and others look like madmen with their fingers flying across the keyboard, trying to keep up with the lecture. The lecture is on a laptop which is connected to a projector, putting it up on a Smartboard. Long gone are the days of blackboards and chalk. This is the new age. The age of technology. Some students find the introduction of technology beneficial to their lives, and others find it detrimental. Nevertheless technology should still be welcomed into the school system, but should
Summary: The Benefits Of Technology
Last but not least, technology is also helpful because it benefits educated people. This is a true fact because students can use online resources as a learning aid, and teachers can use different software and presentations to teach. For example, “technology is helping teachers to expand beyond linear, text-based learning and to engage students who learn best in other ways” (). Another example of technology helping educated people is, “its role in schools has evolved from a contained “computer class” into a versatile learning tool that could
Computer Inventions In The 20th Century
Today imagining our world without computer and computer dependent devices is near to impossible. We find these almost everywhere. They have become a necessity and majority of the large-scale work happens by these. Computers are used for selling/buying shares, running a company, finances, writing books, act as a source of information and are now also replacing the television and radios as they can entertain people by music, movies and games and the list continue.
The Disadvantages Of Technology In The Classroom
According to Woronov (1994), computers themselves do not automatically change the nature of teaching and learning, but that it is the way the teachers use the technology that creates a conducive learning environment. If computers are not used effectively then students lose out on a promising
Essay On Importance Of Information Technology In Education
1) INTRODUCTION Education is an important thing for all people, especially to students who will grow up and will develop advanced countries. Education is not only to go to school but also education can be obtained everywhere now, for or example, at home. Parents can teach their children. By using the sophisticated technology now, education can also be easily found. Technology is a type of electrical system or digitally generated to facilitate everyone in manual.
Benefit Of Technology Essay
As we know, business industry is very important because it involve the incomes and outcomes of money flow. With the new technology, business industry such as factory, private company and shop has become more profitable with the help of various advance machines and equipments. Hundred years ago there was no machine at all and there is no such thing as electronic mail and the business run only by geographical location. The advanced of machines and equipments has made business can be run without difficulties and run smoothly. Well because of that the standard of living rise up among
Essay Effect Of Internet On Education
Fortunately, there are many different kinds of thing that the internet affected education. Making the right match between internet and education is significant to helping best educate people. Internet has changed the way students learn whether in the positive or negative way. Many people still do not know how the internet has affected education. Several reasons why the Internet affects education are that it is easy to research information, online schools, social media and it is easy to plagiarism.
More about Essay On Importance Of Computer In Education
- Negative feedback
- Concentration of media ownership
24/7 writing help on your phone
To install StudyMoose App tap and then “Add to Home Screen”
The Importance of Computer in Education
Save to my list
Remove from my list
Computer technology has had a deep impact on the education sector. Thanks to computers, imparting education has become easier and much more interesting than before. Owing to memory capacities of computers, large chunks of data can be stored in them. They enable quick processing of data with very less or no chances of errors in processing. Networked computers aid quick communication and enable web access. Storing documents on computers in the form of soft copies instead of hard ones, helps save paper.
The advantages of computers in education primarily include:
-Storage of information -Quick data processing -Audio-visual aids in teaching -Better presentation of information -Access to the Internet
Quick communication between students, teachers and parents
Computer teaching plays a key role in the modern education system. Students find it easier to refer to the Internet than searching for information in fat books. The process of learning has gone beyond learning from prescribed textbooks. Internet is a much larger and easier-to-access storehouse of information.
Proficient in: Computers
“ Very organized ,I enjoyed and Loved every bit of our professional interaction ”
When it comes to storing retrieved information, it is easier done on computers than maintaining hand-written notes.
Computers are a brilliant aid in teaching.
Online education has revolutionized the education industry. Computer technology has made the dream of distance learning, a reality. Education is no longer limited to classrooms. It has reached far and wide, thanks to computers. Physically distant locations have come closer due to Internet accessibility. So, even if students and teachers are not in the same premises, they can very well communicate with one another.
You won’t be charged yet!
There are many online educational courses, whereby students are not required to attend classes or be physically present for lectures. They can learn from the comfort of their homes and adjust timings as per their convenience.
Computers have given impetus to distance education.
Computers facilitate effective presentation of information. Presentation software like PowerPoint and animation software like Flash among others can be of great help to teachers while delivering lectures. Computers facilitate audio-visual representation of information, thus making the process of learning interactive and interesting. Computer-aided teaching adds a fun element to education. Teachers hardly use chalk and board today. They bring presentations on a flash drive, plug it in to a computer in the classroom, and the teaching begins. There’s color, there’s sound, there’s movement – the same old information comes forth in a different way and learning becomes fun. The otherwise not-so-interesting lessons become interesting due to audio-visual effects. Due to the visual aid, difficult subjects can be explained in better ways. Things become easier to follow, thanks to the use of computers in education.
Computer software help better presentation of information.
Internet can play an important role in education. As it is an enormous information base, it can be harnessed for retrieval of information on a variety of subjects. The Internet can be used to refer to information on different subjects. Both teachers and students benefit from the Internet. Teachers can refer to it for additional information and references on the topics to be taught. Students can refer to web sources for additional information on subjects of their interest. The Internet helps teachers set test papers, frame questions for home assignments and decide project topics. And not just academics, teachers can use web sources for ideas on sports competitions, extracurricular activities, picnics, parties and more.
Computers enable access to the Internet which has information on literally everything.
Computers enable storage of data in the electronic format, thereby saving paper. Memory capacities of computer storage devices are in gigabytes. This enables them to store huge chunks of data. Moreover, these devices are compact. They occupy very less space, yet store large amounts of data. Both teachers and students benefit from the use of computer technology. Presentations, notes and test papers can be stored and transferred easily over computer storage devices. Similarly, students can submit homework and assignments as soft copies. The process becomes paperless, thus saving paper. Plus, the electronic format makes data storage more durable. Electronically erasable memory devices can be used repeatedly. They offer robust storage of data and reliable data retrieval.
Computer hard drives and storage devices are an excellent way to store data.
This was about the role of computers in education. But we know, it’s not just the education sector which computers have impacted. They are of great use in every field. Today, a life without computers is unimaginable. Knowledge of computers can propel one’s career in the right direction. Computers are a part of almost every industry today. They are no longer limited any specific field. They are used in networking, for information access and data storage and also in the processing and presentation of information. Computers should be introduced early in education. I don’t think I am making an overstatement in saying that computer education is as fundamental as learning English. Yes, it is.
Today, computers are used all over the world. We can find computers in houses, schools, offices, factories, companies and many other places. They are very useful to us as they can be used for many purposes. They have come to play an important role in our daily lives. So, we can say that the 21st Century is the age of computers and every student should have the knowledge of computer.
The Importance of Computer in Education. (2016, Dec 01). Retrieved from http://studymoose.com/the-importance-of-computer-in-education-essay
"The Importance of Computer in Education." StudyMoose , 1 Dec 2016, http://studymoose.com/the-importance-of-computer-in-education-essay
StudyMoose. (2016). The Importance of Computer in Education . [Online]. Available at: http://studymoose.com/the-importance-of-computer-in-education-essay [Accessed: 3 Mar. 2023]
"The Importance of Computer in Education." StudyMoose, Dec 01, 2016. Accessed March 3, 2023. http://studymoose.com/the-importance-of-computer-in-education-essay
"The Importance of Computer in Education," StudyMoose , 01-Dec-2016. [Online]. Available: http://studymoose.com/the-importance-of-computer-in-education-essay. [Accessed: 3-Mar-2023]
StudyMoose. (2016). The Importance of Computer in Education . [Online]. Available at: http://studymoose.com/the-importance-of-computer-in-education-essay [Accessed: 3-Mar-2023]
- computer networksDefinition of computer networksSimply Computer Networks is the interconnection of multiple Pages: 4 (1076 words)
- Importance on Computer in Education Pages: 6 (1508 words)
- The Importance of Character Education as a Foundation to All Education Pages: 15 (4321 words)
- Introduction to Computer Organization and Computer Evolution Pages: 15 (4222 words)
- A New Computer System For Traveline Transit Computer Science Essay Pages: 20 (5911 words)
- A Study On Computer Aided Design Computer Science Essay Pages: 8 (2387 words)
- Ai Application On Human Computer Interaction Computer Science Essay Pages: 9 (2407 words)
- Computer Aided Process Planning Capp Computer Science Essay Pages: 8 (2321 words)
- Computer Generated 3D Animation Computer Science Essay Pages: 14 (4150 words)
- Computer Security And Brute Force Attack Computer Science Essay Pages: 9 (2525 words)
👋 Hi! I’m your smart assistant Amy!
Don’t know where to start? Type your requirements and I’ll connect you to an academic expert within 3 minutes.
Use and Importance of Computers in Education Essay
Controversies over technology in early childhood classrooms essay.
- 23 Works Cited
Technology offers children an additional tool to learn and to develop learning skills. Computers can reveal hidden strengths about a child. For example some children have difficulty developing their fine motor skill,
The Effect Of Technology On The Classroom Essay
There is a growing trend in the use of technology in the classroom. As a teacher, I am always looking for ways to use manipulatives in my lessons to increase meaning and authenticity for students. I would love to keep my students engaged, motivated and interactive in the classroom and still be able to get through the content each day. In order to achieve this, I need to have an arsenal of tools to draw from. That is why I agree with (Tataroglu & Erduran, 2010) as stated in the International Electronic Journal of Elementary Education (IEJEE) that “The use of technologies like IWBs in the classroom can provide teachers and students convenience and variety. “
Effects Of Technology On Education
The way people are being educated is changing because of increasing use of technology. The current generations are now relying on technology in their education, but how exactly do computers effect it? Technology prepares students for the workforce at an early age, which is becoming more and more of a vital skill as technology in our society becomes more relevant. "According to the US Department of Commerce, sixty percent of jobs 6 today require technological skills, and this is expected to increase to ninety percent in the next fifty years (Hatch)". Technology is becoming a major part in the work place, children learning at an early age how to work computers and other forms of technology will provide a higher chance of students getting a job easier. Students will be more prepared for the workplace instead of being unqualified for a position that requires knowledge about technology. Computers in education is allowing
Learning Assistive Technologies
Regular classroom curriculum is not enough to help children with exceptionalities to learn what they need to know to advance in life. Assistive technologies are suggestions that can assist a child to learn to work independently and built self-esteem with their learning abilities. Whether the child has mild, moderate or severe, physical, or sensory disabilities, at risk behaviors, or are gifted and talented, there are a number of websites, software programs, or hardware to assist their individual learning styles.
Laptops : The Negative Effects Of Computers In The Classroom
Computers in the classroom have brought some benefits. According to Efaw et al., “Since students can easily submit their assignments and have them shown on screen, instructors can cover more assignments in class” (155). Using online programs related to class content can help motivate the students to work (Efaw et al. 155). Additionally, with the current advances in technology, laptops are becoming more affordable and accessible (Wood et al. 1). Furthermore, laptops in the classroom can help students learn to use the tools provided by their computers that they may use in their future careers (Efaw at al. 155).
Assistive Technology Essay
The use of technology in educating children with special needs has widely grown in the past few decades, and has since has changed the way people with disabilities live, work, and learn” (Winzer, 2002, p. 98). Individuals with special needs are unique and all have different areas in which they need assistance. Due to the advancements in assistive technology, computer programs, software, and other technology tools, have helped people to find useful and easier ways to become educated.
The use of technology in educating children with special needs has widely grown in the past few decades. Individuals with special needs are unique and all have different areas in which they need assistance. Due to the advancements in assistive technology, computer programs, software, and other technology tools, it has become much easier for people to find useful and easier ways to become educated. Because of this, “technology has changed the way people with disabilities live, work, and learn.” (Winzer,98)
History of the Development of Computers Essay
Computers have created a drastic impact in our lives. In fact we are so dependent on computers that life without computers will certainly be incomplete. In current times most of us own computer gadgets like Private Computer Dekstops Notebooks, Tabloids,
How Are Americans Too Dependent On Computers
Americans have at present become too dependent on computers. With the invention of computers years ago, they have become an essential part of human life. Americans have increasingly become dependent on computers, and it is quite unbelievable that almost fifty years ago, many of them had never seen a computer before. Presently, computers are in use in almost every aspect of human life, at almost all corners of the globe. People can now work from the comfort of their own homes, interact instantly with their family or friends living abroad, and even socialize with strangers from all over the world. This paper explores how Americans are becoming too dependent on computers for communication, education, and entertainment.
effects of computers in the society
They also argue that use of computers in learning has increased competency among the students and teachers. The use of online computer use also made teachers report a high quality of results from students who use laptop computers than those students who do not use computers. The use of computer in a learning environment enabled students having computers to assemble, organize present data in multimedia formats for assignments associated to projects based on the particular unit of study(Fallansbee, S.Gilsdorf and N.Staqhl 16-22). Tierney, Kieffer, Stowell, Desai, Whalin (1992) found out that students who use computers in learning express their ideas in a well experienced manner using graphical besides non-liner forms. The computer use also increases writing skills, reading skills and teamwork among the students. They also found out that students were able to generate their hypermedia software during the introduction of computers in learning environment. The use of computers has lead to establishment of violent computer games in schools. Misa (2007) argues that the most effective manner in which computer use has affected work is through the reduction of the significance of distance. Yusuf (2007) argues that the use of computer could create employment on the society and at the same time lead to loss of employment to some groups of people in the society. Computer use could also lead to displacement of people in various fields of employment(Yusuf
How Can Technology Be Taught In School Essay
In today’s age, most students can operate any piece of technology. Many schools do not allow students to use technology to the best of their advantage while utilizing their resources to make their own lives easier when writing an essay, or using the internet to research certain subjects for a class. Technology has become more advanced in recent years and computer companies have started focusing on the aspect of technological teaching.
How Does It Support Children's Learning and Development
he technical advances of the last thirty years and the introduction of the internet, globalisation has made the world a smaller place and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has become increasingly important part of everyday life. Today, it is reported that over eighty percent of households have a personal computer (PC), with sixty eight percent Internet enabled. (Marketresearch.com, 17/05/09) Subsequently, government has recognised the need to reflect this increasing use of technology by ensuring that ICT is to enable children to participate fully in the rapidly developing technological world around them, whilst in others it is the need for children to be competent
Technology and Education Essay
Technology can help students in all areas of study. Students need to be able to use this technology since, “Currently and in the near future, it is understood that students need to acquire more autonomous skills of ‘information gathering, analysis, and display’” (Todnem, 2004, p. 1). Furthermore, the use of technology, mainly the internet, provides for variation since “Students find themselves bored and burnt-out of the lecture format to classes, so changing the curriculum and instruction to include things like online assignments and educational videogames can be one clear remedy” (Todnem, 2004, p. 1). Teachers who have implemented technology into their classrooms have noticed changes in their students. The most common of these effects being an increase in motivation. In “Effects of Technology on Classrooms and Students” another positive effect is given “technology effect stressed by many teachers was enhancement of student self esteem” (“Effects,” 2004, p. 2).
Essay on The Impact of Technology on Education
Technology affects every aspect of our lives. From romance to business, it has shown its presence everywhere. But technology has had a huge impact on education that cannot be denied, and has done nothing but improve the quality and quantity of education.
Essay on Technology and Education
Education is one of the most important professions in the working world. Technology has done many things for us in today’s society especially for education and schools. Technology in the school system has impacted the students and teachers in many positive ways, including virtual field trips, testing tips, teacher resources, class web sites, and lesson plans. With computer use in our schools, we have access to many different sources and various types of learning.
- Personal computer
- Analog computer
- Computer data storage
Essay on Importance of Computer in Education
We all know that the entire world has turned into a digital world now as there is merely a person who doesn’t carry a mobile phone or any other digital device. Before all these digital devices, the most significant invention in technology took place, and it was the invention of computers. Since the invention of computers, they have become part and parcel of our life, and there are rarely any parts of our lives where the computer doesn’t have its importance. It is very much because today we can’t survive in this world if we don’t know the computer.
A computer is a machine that uses coding to process data very fast and accurately to generate results. Education is the learning that a person goes through to learn a new skill.
Computer education is the training that a person goes through to equip himself with the skills required to operate a computer. The computer is a very convenient resource in education as we will see below.
The Importance of Computer in Education
- Most of the tasks in this world get accomplished with the help of computers only and computers are used in literally every field.
- We, people, use various social media websites and applications daily and if we research about different computer related subjects and programming, etc. we may get able to build one of the sites in the future.
- Knowing computers means that we can get a job in literally any field because employers nowadays have a condition that the employee should have knowledge of computers and thus you will get the priority for the job. That includes securing employment abroad.
- Since a lot of the information has become digital, it is a useful skill for any person to have. Hence having computers in education is a necessary part of the education.
- Computers make work very easy . Ease in computing, writing, and working with all kinds of data becomes really simple and easy. Computers in education make learning easy.
- Computers can store a lot of information in their memory. All this information can be accessed at will at any time. A lot of educational resources can be stored in one place and easily accessed.
- Knowing computer means one can become self-employed because hundreds of online websites offer work from home jobs to individuals who know about computers.
- If one has a good knowledge of computer software and other essentials, it is quite possible that he may become Boss’ favorite and get the promotion earlier than expected.
- Students often need to need to work on projects that they then present in front of the class. Computers make it easy for them to make effective and attractive presentations,
- There are numerous educational resources available on the internet which can be accessed on a computer. In a class, a computer becomes a valuable addition to make these resources available to the students.
- Computers can present data in many attractive ways . Audiovisual resources enhance learning. This is easily achieved by using computers. For younger children, rhymes and beautiful pictures make learning fun.
- Computers are an effective way to organize information . For a teacher to have all information regarding the students and subjects etc. is beneficial. Also, for slightly bigger children to have all their work properly organized and categorized by subjects and in folders is useful.
- Distance teaching is increasingly becoming popular. In such cases, communication is an important Computers facilitate this. Also when the child has to stay away from school, the communication between the teacher and the student can continue, and the child can catch up on much of the missed work.
- Students have a lot of books these days. Carrying them to the school and fro might be too much for their backs. Instead of having all the work on a computer will eliminate the burden of the books .
- As the world moves towards environmental friendly options, computers facilitate the use of less paper is a good move. As work and communication move from the books to computers, notebooks can be done away with.
The above points show the importance of computer in education because if computers are not part of it, you may not get your desired job. You may not have the knowledge which people around you might have, and most importantly, you will not know how to use various new social media websites. When it comes to education, computers take the students towards a futuristic approach when used in education. The entire process of learning becomes much more fun and exciting because of the different tools and programs that a computer typically has.
Essay on Importance of English Language in Our Life
Essay on Importance of Water in Our Life
Essay on Gender Equality
Eassy on Good Habits
Eassy on saving for future
Essay – My Dream
Pencil: An Essay on Pencil
Short Essay on Pencil
Essay on Effects of Global Warming for Kids, Children and Students
10 Lines on My Favourite Teacher in English
Describe the importance of water in our lives in an essay
Women Empowerment Speech | Best Speech on Women’s Empowerment in English for Students
Comments are closed.
Welcome, Login to your account.
Recover your password.
A password will be e-mailed to you.
Importance of Computers in Education
Since the advent of computer technology, the world has undergone a revolutionary change, because computers perform most of the tasks that were hard to perform; for example, storage of volumes of information or took a lot of time to finish. Also, computer technology has contributed greatly to the globalization of the world, because not only has the technology boosted communication standards, but also innovations in computer technology have helped to boost global educational standards.
For example, before the advent of the internet; which is an innovation in computer technology, conducting of academic researches was one of the hardest tasks for students, because learners had to read volumes of books to come up with standard academic papers. But with this innovation in computer technology, currently, students can easily store big volumes of learning materials in computers, access academic materials online, and learn online through distance learning programs.
On the other hand, innovations in computer technology have also contributed greatly to improving teaching standards, because it has made teaching easy and flexible, as teachers can teach from any geographical position.
Considering this, computers have greatly contributed to the shaping of education in all levels of learning, as they have not only helped to reinforce the learning of classroom subjects and remedial assistance, but also they have helped to mold well-informed students, who are ready to fit in any social, economic, and political setting.
Discussion of Results
Importance of elementary schools.
Computer education is one integral part of any learning institution, because of the significance of computer literacy in contemporary society. At the elementary level, learners are in the process of learning how to read and write. Hence, exposing learners to computers at a younger age gives them an opportunity of becoming smarter in their learning endeavors, as this offers them a chance of acquiring basic computer operation knowledge that is important in their later learning stages.
Also, because of the numerous attractive features of computers; features that are liked by all young learners, computers offer learners a chance of utilizing their five senses hence, sharpening their leaning abilities.
These attractive features are also important in attracting the concentration and focus of learners; hence, they greatly aid the learning process and the absorption of concepts. The many features contained in computers can also help learners to build positive attitudes towards technology, failure of which can be very detrimental to the wellbeing of their futures.
On the other hand, good education programs give learners a chance of developing their inner abilities, for example, painting and drawing in addition to developing high order abilities to deal with any subject’s problems, procedural thinking, and innovativeness. To learners with leaning disabilities, for example, hearing, seeing, and motor coordination anomalies, computers are very important learning aids, because they make their learning process easy.
Such is the case primarily because; computers have a range of output and input assistive devices that aid the learning of learners with special needs. For example, for learners with visual problems, computers have audio devices that can help to broadcast information, and vice versa (Setzer 1-10).
Use of Computers in Middle and High School
As students graduate from elementary school to middle school and finally to high school, the need for them to be acquainted with the numerous educational demands necessary for survival in the society increases. In addition to conforming to the needs of the information age, computers help to prepare these learners for higher learning education needs, because of the increased middle and high school curriculum needs.
Innovations in computer technology provide learners of this level a chance of improving their reading, and problem-solving abilities, more especially in solving complex mathematical problems.
In addition to helping students to develop required learning competencies associated with this level, computers help in laying a firm basis for students’ future professional careers. Just like in the elementary level, computers can help to enhance the understanding, synthesis, and analysis abilities of learners at this level, as they simplify hard concepts and make learning interesting.
On the other hand, because, at this level, students are being introduced to research work, the internet can act as a rich source of materials and data necessary for the completion of any research undertaking; hence, increasing the learners’ knowledge base. Most middle and high school learning activities are there to help learners develop high-order skills.
Hence, to develop such abilities, middle and high school computer programs, for example, word processing, spreadsheets, and database programs can help students develop higher learning abilities. Computers have also altered the instruction methodology of most teachers, as they have made it easy for educators to store, retrieve, and pass information to learners, through a networked system without having necessarily to attend classes physically.
One primary education area that computer have boosted in the study of science-based subjects, as computers offer learners chances of experimenting and proving theories, necessary for making hard information easily understandable (Becker, Ravitz, and Wong 18-38).
Use of Computers in Colleges
As learners enter college level, their educational needs increase, as they have to deal with new educational challenges that are crucial in preparing them for their future career demands. Unlike at elementary, middle, and high school level where online classes are rare, at the college level, most learning institutions offer a series of courses via distance land online learning using innovation in computer technology.
Such learning orientations have made learning easy, more so to students who are unable to attend the normal traditional classes. Computers also play a role in shaping learners futures, by offering educational opportunities in both science and arts-related fields. Almost all careers in the present world demand one to be computer literate, for them to fit in the present world of technology.
Considering this, computers play an integral role of not only improving the quality or standards of education, but also they help to facilitate the acquiring of concepts, that are crucial in meeting challenges in the society.
In addition to offering learners opportunities of preparing themselves for their future careers, computers have made college learning easy, more so in subjects that have numerous mathematical and scientific concepts to be interpreted and analyzed. On the other hand, because this level of learning is characterized by many academic types of research and assignments, the internet provides an alternative method of conducting accessing of information, necessary for completing assignments (Strayhorn 1-10).
In conclusion, computers have not only helped to improve the standards of education in learning institutions but also they play a central administrative role of aiding the storage of a data and other crucial administrative information, that is important in any learning institution. Also, through using innovations in computer technology, leaning institutions have been able to prepare all-round individuals, who are ready to work in any social, economic, and political conditions, for the wellbeing of the society.
Becker, Henry, Ravitz, Jason, and Wong, Becker, Henry, Ravitz, Jason, and Wong, YanTien. Teacher and teacher-directed student use of computers and software. Centre for Research on Information Technology and Organizations, University of California
And Minnesota Report 3. 1999. Web.
Seizer, Valdemar. A review of arguments for the use of computers in elementary education. University of Sao Paulo. 2010. Web.
Strayhorn, Terrell. College in the information age: gains associated with students’ Use of technology . Journal of Interactive Online Learning, 5.2 (2006). Web
Cite this paper
- Chicago (N-B)
- Chicago (A-D)
StudyCorgi. (2020, April 18). Importance of Computers in Education. Retrieved from https://studycorgi.com/importance-of-computers-in-education/
StudyCorgi. (2020, April 18). Importance of Computers in Education. https://studycorgi.com/importance-of-computers-in-education/
"Importance of Computers in Education." StudyCorgi , 18 Apr. 2020, studycorgi.com/importance-of-computers-in-education/.
1. StudyCorgi . "Importance of Computers in Education." April 18, 2020. https://studycorgi.com/importance-of-computers-in-education/.
StudyCorgi . "Importance of Computers in Education." April 18, 2020. https://studycorgi.com/importance-of-computers-in-education/.
StudyCorgi . 2020. "Importance of Computers in Education." April 18, 2020. https://studycorgi.com/importance-of-computers-in-education/.
StudyCorgi . (2020) 'Importance of Computers in Education'. 18 April.
This paper was written and submitted to our database by a student to assist your with your own studies. You are free to use it to write your own assignment, however you must reference it properly.
If you are the original creator of this paper and no longer wish to have it published on StudyCorgi, request the removal .
The Essay Writing Experts US Essay Experts
Disclaimer: This is an example of a student written essay. Click here for sample essays written by our professional writers.
View full disclaimer
Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of UKEssays.com.
The Role of Computers in Education
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional essay writing service is here to help!
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
Essay Writing Service
- Dissertation Writing Service
- Assignment Writing Service
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have your work published on UKEssays.com then please:
Our academic writing and marking services can help you!
- Find out more about our Essay Writing Service
- Undergraduate 2:2
- 7 day delivery
- Marking Service
- Samples of our Service
- Full Service Portfolio
Study for free with our range of university lectures!
- Education Lectures
- All Available Lectures
Freelance Writing Jobs
Looking for a flexible role? Do you have a 2:1 degree or higher?
Free resources to assist you with your university studies!
- Dissertation Resources at UKDiss.com
- How to Write an Essay
- Essay Buyers Guide
- Referencing Tools
- Essay Writing Guides
- Masters Writing Guides
Search Support Articles
*You can also browse our support articles here >
Change Region / Country
Here you can choose which regional hub you wish to view, providing you with the most relevant information we have for your specific region. If your specific country is not listed, please select the UK version of the site, as this is best suited to international visitors.
United Arab Emirates
Last Updated 17 Aug 2022
Use and Importance of Computers in Education
Many technological advances have been made throughout history making life easier, one of which is the computer. Computers have changed the world, as a lot of things can now be done through computers. Computers are everywhere at school, at work, and at home. Many daily activities either involve the use of or depend on information from a computer. Over the past decade, the number of schools with computer and the Internet access has grown exponentially, and the number of children going online from school has followed suit. The first computer Atanasoff Berry Computer (ABC) was developed in 1942.
Historians divide the history of the modern computer into generations, beginning with the introduction of the UNIVersal Automatic Compute (UNIVAC), the first commercial computer which was introduced in 1951 (Computer, I40). Professor John Atanasoff and graduate student Clifford berry built the world’s first electronic digital computer which included several innovations such as computing, logical arithmetic and different processing (Lemons, Computer impact on education 2009). Computers mean instant access to information because they affect different aspects of people’s lives, homes and society.
Computers have become an integral part of the education as they allow students and teachers access to information, show students real world, help in research projects, and prepare for their jobs. This paper attempts to gather and analyze information about use of the computers in education system. Education is the process of acquiring knowledge. In the traditional model, people learn from other people such as parents, teachers, and employers. Many forms of printed material such as books and manuals are used as learning tools.
Order custom essay Use and Importance of Computers in Education with free plagiarism report
Today, educators also are turning to computers to assist with education (Discovering of Computer, 32). Many schools and companies equip labs and classrooms with computers. Some schools require students to have a notebook computer or personal digital assistant (PDA) to access the school’s network or Internet wirelessly (Discovering of Computer, 36). Moreover, there are lots of various interactive white boards such as SmartBoard, ActivBoard, Mimeo and Webster. These electronic boards connect with the teacher's computer and can be used in different ways.
For instance, if the teacher takes notes on the interactive white board, then it can save those notes and provide them to students who missed class. The teacher can upload them to a school Web site, where that child or a parent can see them. In a graphic way, the teacher can demonstrate what happens when you mix colors, divide numbers or create a virtual science experiment. The board also can provide interactive review games,in which students match the correct answers or fill in the blanks. All of the white board companies have Web site with lesson plans and suggestions.
Teachers also find lesson plans by searching the Internet or on teacher forums. These boards are more useful and helpful in interactive teaching method where students can enjoy their learning process. Another way of using computers in the classroom is the use of online research projects, or Web quests. As with interactive white boards, several online sites are available to teachers with hundreds of potential projects for their students. Students are challenged to create utopian societies, time capsules, comic strips or find careers. Simulation is another way to use computers in a classroom context.
Simulations provide "real-life" experiences in many cases, for example: the experience with the stock market or using math in daily life. The virtual field trips bring far-flung places into the classroom. If it is not possible to travel to Colonial Williamsburg, the students can visit websites like history. org instead and watch the actual place virtually. With this sort of virtual learning environment, computers have proven extremely beneficial especially to the kids. In addition, computers with certain speech, audio, and motor limitations also provide a huge benefit to the kids.
Kids with special needs can use alternative input and output devices (assistive technologies) to interact with computers and do things that they normally could not accomplish independently. They benefit especially from having access to an on-demand, patient tutor that allows them to work at their own pace. Computers improve both teaching and student achievement. Across the world children have entered a passionate and enduring love affair with the computer. Thus, when used for educational programs, what attracts the children most is not the beauty of or interests in the content being learned, but these are video effects of the computer.
It is a great need that children and young people have to learn computers now otherwise they will fall behind in their future search for professional jobs and career. Computers these days have become so easy to use and learn. The online tutorials are becoming so powerful that any one will be able to learn how to use computers very fast at any age. The use of computers will be part of on-the-job training, provided by the enterprises themselves. It is a fact that many adults are afraid of computers, but the person will not be the case with children who were born after the introduction of personal computers.
As of today, more than 70 percent of colleges offer some sorts of distance learning classes. Distance learning makes students independent. Not only distance learning, computer based teaching itself is also very important. A meta-analysis of forty-two controlled evaluation studies was conducted to determine the effectiveness of computer-based teaching (CBT) at the secondary level. According to the evaluation, results indicate that programs of computer-assisted and computer-managed instruction raised student examination scores by approximately 0. standard deviations (SDs). Programs using computer-enriched instruction, however, raised examination scores by only 0. 07 SDs in the average study. The effects of CBT on student learning were stronger in studies focusing on disadvantaged students and in studies conducted in recent years. Research is also the part of education system. Research provides more knowledge and ideas about particular subjects. Computers these days are absolutely necessary throughout the research process. The role of the computer becomes more important when the research is on a large sample.
Computers play vital role in data storage and processing. Computers assist the researcher throughout different phases of the research process such as the conceptual phase, design and planning phase, empirical phase, analytic phase and dissemination phase. Computers help with searching the literature, creating a theoretical framework and formulating of hypothesis. In research studies, the preparation and inputting of data is the longest and most time consuming work but the computer helps to do it in comparatively less time.
All branches of science, from biology to astronomy to meteorology, use computers to assist them with collecting, analyzing and modeling data. Breakthroughs in surgery, medicine, and treatments often result from scientist’s use of computers. Special software assists graphic designers in developing pages that include text, graphics, and photographs; artists in composing and enhancing songs; filmmakers in creating and editing film; and journalists and mobile users in capturing and modifying video clips.
The use of computer-based software tools assist engineers and machinists in manufacturing or prototyping product components. Computers is one of the vital equipment in today's world. To make tomorrow's work force competitive in an increasingly high-tech world, learning computer skills must be a priority. Working with computers particularly using the Internet brings students valuable connections with teachers, other schools and students, and a wide network of professionals around the globe.
Those connections spice the school day with a sense of real world relevance, and broaden the educational community. Thus, many people believe that the use of computer in education system is vital to success in today’s world. As technology continues to advance, computers are becoming a part of everyday life. Computers allow people across the world to communicate easily. They have changed the face of society as well. Computers are not only storage devices and processing unit but are also excellent communication media which can make the work easier and efficient in a very short period of time.
Business and entertainment uses them to make profits, education uses them to help and educate students better, and the Medical field uses computers in many different ways and other areas. The world would be a dull and primitive place without computer technology. Computers, which have such a wide variety of applications, are indeed ruling society. To keep up the pace in this fast life of today, computer education is extremely important. Computers are an integral part of life and so is computer education. Therefore, computers have changed today’s society a lot in almost all fields, among which the education is one of the notable one.
Computers are important in education because they teach to reconsider how people learn and what the nature of learning and useful information is. At this moment, no one can avoid the presence of computers in school as it has become a necessity in a lot of scenarios. The use of computers in education enables each student to tie-in the classroom objectives and make a connection to real-world applications. This emerging computer and the Internet technology give students and the teacher access to a world of knowledge.
This essay was written by a fellow student. You can use it as an example when writing your own essay or use it as a source, but you need cite it.
Get professional help and free up your time for more important courses
Did you know that we have over 70,000 essays on 3,000 topics in our database?
Cite this page
Explore how the human body functions as one unit in harmony in order to life
Use and Importance of Computers in Education. (2017, Apr 21). Retrieved from https://phdessay.com/use-importance-computers-education/
Run a free check or have your essay done for you
More related Essays
Didn`t find the right sample?
The purpose of this essay is to research the possible usage of web 2.0 engineerings as a larning tool in higher instruction, to set up what schemes should be used.
Primary instruction is the basic and first right of every child.Its handiness and proviso is non merely the duty of province but parents and families. Primary instruction brings consciousness among.
FASB (Financial Accounting Standards Board) plays the role of determining Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to ensure proper accounting standards are followed. According to FASB, revenue is recognized once it is.
Using computers everyday can have more, negative than positive effect on young children. Nowadays computer play a crucial role for young generation. Mostly children dependent on computers for multifarious purposes..
Nowadays, computer may seem to be very useful because of its various advantages. But as Louis Gerstner quoted, “Computers are magnificent tools for the realization of our dreams, but no.
In a global study conducted by IBM and the Economics Intelligence Unit (IEU), around 80 percent of respondents (telecom executives) affirm the importance of convergence in raking in profits (IBM,.
Quasar monopolized the market with the creation of an all-optical imputer known as Neutron. Patents promote innovation for inventors, which allow exclusive rights to do business for a specific duration.
The medical field comprises a vast base of knowledge. Computer storage serves as the best way to house all this information. There are many types of computers that can help.
- Communication Technology
- Face Recognition
- Information Technology
- Public Education
- Teaching Assistant
- Adult Education
- Inequality in Education
- Cloud Computing
- Teaching Experience
- Advantages Of Technology
- Developmentally Appropriate Practice
- Training Program
Save time and let our verified experts help you.
Computers in Education
Computers in Education The computer has influenced education in a very positive way. There are now an estimated ten million computers in schools around the country. Computers equally benefit both the teacher and students. The computer allows for faster, neater, and more creative assignments. Tools such as the Internet, Excel , Word, and Access allow students to easier research and prepare papers. Computers are very helpful to teachers. Many teachers can take advantage of the computers in their classroom or at home by entering grades and allowing the computer to compute them. Entering the grades can be very simple and fast. Allowing the computer to compute the grades saves time from manually computing them. The teacher can also set up attendance on the computer. This is a quick and effective way to see who has missed class, or has been tardy. All this only requires the right type of software, and very little time. Educational software can also help a teacher out. If a student is having trouble with a particular Math, English or Science strategy, a teacher can setup the program to help teach the student. This is helpful because the teacher can continue teaching the rest of the class, but also know that the other child is being helped. The computer allows for a new creative way of teaching, one that can keep the students interested. Many students today rely on the computer for homework assignments. This can range from typing a paper to finding a book on the Internet. Many homework assignments for high school and college students must be typed. Some assignments may also require charts or tables. The computer can suggest different phrases or words to make the paper sound better, use spell check , and allow the document to be saved. This also helps a teacher because the papers are much neater, making them easier to read. It is very beneficial to the student because information can be found and processed a lot faster. If a student is trying to find a book, just typing in a few words can locate the book much faster then looking through a card catalog. These are little things that save the student and teacher time. With all the time that is saved, the more learning can take place.
In this essay, the author
- Explains that computers have influenced education in a positive way. there are now ten million computers in schools around the country.
- Explains how teachers can use computers in their classroom or at home to enter grades and set up attendance on the computer. educational software can also help a teacher out.
- Explains that many students today rely on the computer for homework assignments, such as typing a paper or finding books online. the computer can suggest different phrases or words to make the paper sound better, use spell check, and save the document.
- Explains how computers can make learning fun for children, such as learning the abcs and 123's, and helping them read. computers can also be used as tutors.
- Explains that computers are now what students are turning to instead of encyclopedias and books. certain software and the internet allow for fast access to certain articles from magazines or even books, and many teachers now allow websites as reference materials in research papers.
- Explains that students can add charts and tables to an assignment to help others better understand the points they are making.
- Opines that computers put a faster learning rate in many young children today. if they learn at school and then go home and play learning games, this reinforces the learning in the child.
- Argues that computer technology is bad for the k-12 classroom, but there is a serious and thought-provoking debate about how computers should be integrated in american classrooms.
- Concludes that there is a positive correlation between the use of technology in the classroom, improved self-esteem and achievement.
- Argues that computers can capture and hold a child’s interest like no other learning tool.
- Argues that children become adept at wading through an enormous amount of information and material on the internet, which is also a beneficial outcome of technology and useful later in life.
- Explains that computer technology can lead to more efficient time management in record keeping and developing lessons plans, as well as the ease of conducting any kind of research and communication without having to leave the classroom.
- Opines that the return on investment is minimized and that technology's disadvantages must be considered in order to fully understand the impact of technology in the classroom.
- Analyzes how education funding is limited in most states, yet we are spending disproportionate amounts of these meager funds on technology upgrades, internet access and so on.
- Explains that there are two concerns with this type of change in education spending. first, many educators are beginning to believe that computers have not produced this kind of return on investment
- Analyzes how the state of california recently granted a $700,000 grant to purchase 625 seventh-graders hand-held computers. this district felt it was important for the students to download books, write reports, and exchange written questions and answers with their teachers.
- Explains that other activities are being sacrificed for the change in funding priorities, such as music and art classes. computer skills and technology are far more important than history, the arts and citizenship.
- Concludes that computer technology in the classroom cannot and should not be a cure-all for education issues or student achievement.
- Cites ensslin, john c, page, michael s., and ploetz, patricia.
- Opines that there are both positive and negative changes in the education genre as far as computer technology is concerned.
- Opines that computers are a positive aspect, for the most part, in the education of children.
- Explains that computers help students learn cooperative learning habits, and the classroom becomes more of a group effort.
- Opines that computers help students with learning disabilities complete work at their own pace, which in turn makes them feel more a part of the crowd.
- Explains the advantages of computers for gifted and talented children. they can work at their own pace instead of being bored with the classroom pace because they finish ahead of time.
- States that glenn m. kleiman's article, "myths and realities about technology in k-12 schools", points out that computers provide students with a wealth of information and encourage students to explore and create.
- Opines that computers should improve students' math, reading, and writing skills, as well as content knowledge in specific subject areas, leading to higher scores on standardized tests, motivate students and encourage their interests.
- Explains that while computer technology seems to be a positive change in education, there are also negative drawbacks. bob blaisdell reviewed todd oppenheimer's article, "why computers have not saved the classroom."
- Opines that children spend too much leisure time on computer and computer-affiliated technology and less time learning from them.
- Argues that teachers aren't fully trained to educate children when it comes to computers. the older generation of teachers were trained by the book and lecturing and memorization.
- Concludes that computers are a fast-growing commodity in the education genre. although there are negative drawbacks, the positive aspects definitely outweigh the negatives.
- Cites bob blaisdell's book, the flickering mind: the false promise of technology in the classroom, todd oppenheimer, and glenn m. kleiman.
- Opines that computers aren't great, that they're making life complicated, and that the world wide web is just a farce.
- Analyzes fitzgerald, t. (2004, september 23). fingerprints on file, right from the patrol car.
- Explains the need for more computers in everyday life, in homes, schools, and on the job. computers are helping students get better grades in school, from homework over the internet to doing research for an essay at the local library.
- Explains how computers are being used to help the blind with a voice synthesizer that tells them what they are typing.
- Opines that computers are not teaching students all they need to know, teachers are still needed to teach basic skills like reading, writing, and math skills.
- Explains microsoft's concept home demonstrates how people will benefit from the conveniences made possible by new technologies. palmer, j.
- Explains that computers have become a big part of the education system. they plan on teaching elementary students and researched the impact of computers on teachers and students.
- Recommends that elementary classrooms should have at least five to ten computers in each room. without access to computers, it is hard to take advantage of all the wonderful things a computer has to offer.
- Opines that teachers are affected by having to do grades and attendance by computers. they also have to worry about teaching their students about computers and integrating it into the daily lesson plans.
- Opines that computers are an important part of our society, therefore, every student needs to learn how to use a computer. they fear that if more computers don't get into schools, some students are not prepared for the real world.
- Opines that even if you don't go onto college, you still have to have knowledge of computers. b.f. skinner visited his daughter's classroom and found that some students did not learn as fast as others but, the teacher still taught at the same speed.
- Opines that computers are an important part of elementary and high school education as well as college education. online college courses are a way to earn your degree at home or in your spare time.
- Opines that computers and education make teachers' lives easier and give students an opportunity to enhance their learning abilities through different means. the main concern is that plagiarism might become a burden for teachers if the internet starts to control the world to much more.
- Opines that computers have hurt society more than it has helped. although computers help with school work and essays, they also make us lazier, make online dating dangerous and make people addicted to the internet.
- Explains that computers help students with school work. students can find things quicker for research papers, and get ideas from people through blogs and chat.
- Explains that a computer makes quicker decisions for students. instead of going to the library students can go on different websites to find more information.
- Opines that computers save students time by allowing them to type out their essays instead of writing them down and wasting their time. powerpoints are a big help with anything teachers, but students hate having to present it in front of the class.
- Opines that computers make students lazy by being on it way too much and for hours. students should take time off the computer because it can affect their eyesight and more.
- Opines that online dating has gone crazy and dangerous because people fall for anything and everything they say when they don't know the true story about them.
- Explains that the biggest drawback in using the internet is it has made students constantly on it wanting to be on. students can go blind with being on the computer because they are so close to the screen looking at it for hours.
- Opines that computers have caused people to become addicted to them, and that it is up to parents to keep an eye on children so they won't be on the computer all the time.
- Opines that technology in education is a touchy subject in the united states. parents must be open and allow themselves, to see what is happening before they make their decision.
- Opines that technology will help a child, since all children learn differently, and technology is to help the children who have no other place to go.
- Explains that technology has many different effects on education, one of them being enhancing the students learning.
- Describes northbrook middle school in houston, texas, which is largely made up of minorities with low socioeconomic status. the students at this school recorded test scores that were sharply improved due to technology.
- Explains that technology in education helps with communication issues. nine out of every ten children have access to the internet.
- Explains that teachers in elementary and secondary teaching are being pressured to make technology part of their classrooms to prepare them for college. email allows the professor to use the reply function to email any comments or corrections.
- Explains that technology helps students to get assignments online. this allows them to look at their missing assignments if they are sick or on vacation.
- Explains that technology helps people who wish to attend college. some people can't afford to go to a big college and commute. the internet allows them to take courses over the subject's material.
- Explains that there are many of today's biggest magazines and newspapers posted on the internet, which allows students to go online and search for items in old magazines or newspapers.
- Explains that technology allows students to see places they have never seen and learn more about that place. children can see what else is out there by looking it up online.
- Opines that technology is a good thing in children's education and should be welcomed and not pushed away.
- Opines that modern technology has made it so much easier to obtain educational information for classroom or homework assignments. it offers educational games that stimulate the brain and helps children who have difficulty focusing on traditional teaching and learning procedures.
- Explains that the hardest part of typing was remembering where each key was, but once they learned the various keystrokes, it became second nature to type.
- Describes how they became obsessed with learning how to format and use a "floppy disk" that contained all their important projects. wordperfect revolutionized how we did business.
- Explains that the "modem" and "windows" environment are probably the most important advances in computers and completely changed our way of life.
- Explains that the internet, along with many online programs, has made the personal computer a virtual classroom in itself.
- Explains that pre-school children are learning alphabets and counting numbers through interactive educational programs that motivate them to learn the same as they would in a classroom environment and stimulate their imagination.
- Explains that college students are also benefiting from internet technology in taking college classes online. the internet and online class rooms have become a convenient way for students to receive an education and still fulfill family and job obligations.
- Opines that the internet has opened the doors of the world and unleashed limitless possibilities in research and education.
- Explains that computer technology is one of the most innovative advancements in modern-day education. it has expanded the way we approach instruction in the classroom.
- Explains that teachers in classrooms across the nation struggle with computer technology, the many features, and the never-ending cycle of new devices.
- Explains that the integration of various computer technologies has pushed curriculum designers to modify their teaching and instructional design in such a way that they promote the essence of instant, interactive, and transferrable knowledge.
- Emphasizes the importance of giving teachers an example of other colleagues who have extensive experience in modeling teaching principle combined with technology. the meshing of technology integration and principle speaks to the task of presenting lessons where students can interactively engage with the subject matter.
- Opines that true technology integration and teaching principle is rare within the arena of the common classroom. developing technology inclusive teaching strategies that coincide with best-practice, is an extremely difficult task for teachers nationwide.
- Explains that teachers are "creatures" of habit and want the necessary room to acquire skills and put them into practice without being pressured. technology integration involves understanding teachers' motivations, perceptions and beliefs about learning and technology.
- Explains that school administrators have sought to bridge technology and make it a mainstream component of classrooms across academic disciplines. incoming teachers are more accepting and willing to embrace technology versus their counterparts.
- Opines that effective teaching principles require teachers to be more than just familiar with technology. computer technology enables classrooms to become interactive allowing both student and teacher to increase interest and motivation.
- Argues that technology and learning principle, combined in the proper manner, influence students with skills that are transferable outside of the classroom.
- Explains how technology changes teaching principle by changing the method in which information is presented. project-based learning is an instructional strategy that engages students at the highest level.
- Opines that technology tools are most effective when used for visual purposes. technology incites teachers to modify their approaches to teaching academic concepts and patterns.
- Opines that educators must fully acknowledge that technology touches every area of our lives, but some schools struggle with the idea of academic success combining the two. students must exit schools with skills to survive in a fast-paced, evolving and tech-savvy society.
- Explains that the combination of technology and principle creates an enriching sense of collaboration in both teacher and student.
- Explains that thought-provoking activities are simple to implement for teachers who are just getting acquainted with the foundational functions of technology related devices.
- Explains that teaching requires a diverse skill set with the ability to operate on multiple fronts. infusing learning principles with certain technologies can assist greatly in making teaching both more effective and more efficient.
- Opines that effective teaching engages the following three facets: knowing aims, designing accurate evaluations, and instructional endeavors.
- Presents the proceedings of selected research and development presentations at the 1994 national convention of the association for educational communications and technology, sponsored by the research and theory division.
- Explains that bell, p., davis, e. a. & linn, m. c. the knowledge integration environment: theory and design.
- Explains bell, ramirez, and bernauer, j. a., ensuring equitable use of education technology, pathways to school improvement.
- Cites bialo, sivin, and bork, a. (1991, fall). is technology-based learning effective? contemporary education, 63, 6-14
- Explains that computers are the most used technology in today's society. many people use computers for work or school. there are pros and cons when using computers in class.
- Explains that using computers in class can help students remember their homework and keep their classwork organized if they have more than one class.
- Explains the negative aspects of using computers in class, such as a distraction, poor writing habits, and cheating.
- Explains that the pros of using computers in a classroom setting outweigh the cons. teachers should learn how to allow students to use their computers.
- Opines that computer-intergrated leaning is not new in malaysia, but call pratises are still a handful in the malaysian esl classroom.
- Explains that students in the class or computer lab use the computer mainly the internet as an exploritary device to find words that they do not know how to pronounce.
- Explains that students are asked to use the computer to present their task given by their teachers in class using software like microsoft power point.
- Explains that students are asked to use the computer as a practise-learning device where teachers will teach students how to have better reading, writing and listening skills by showing them video from sites like youtube or other language learning sites.
- Explains that students are asked to type their task in a computer lab using word processing software like microsoft word and send the task by using e-mail.
- Explains that computer assisted language learning can do many things that a conventional english teaching session cannot.
- Explains that there are some parts of english learning that are not preferred by many like classical english, but with call students may get to like it because the activity created might suit students instead of the conventional method.
- Explains call allows learners to be creative and use their own thoughts when doing the activity instead of being spoon fed by teachers the conventional way.
- Explains that computer can provide an exciting "fast" drill for one student and "slow" for another.
- Explains that call practises in esl classroom in malaysia are not that successful as compared to traditional methods.
- Explains that lack of access to technology resources that require an internet connection is a major disadvantage for schools and individuals who can barely afford or do not have access.
- Opines that teachers must increase their computer competency to use technology effectively. call is mainly used by fresh graduate teachers who still have a fresh memory of how it should be carried out.
- Explains that lack of time and technical support could be other reasons for teachers' disinclination toward using technology. the preparation of a teaching material using computer can take up more time than the traditional way.
- Explains that in a malaysian esl class room there will often be some problem in learning certain skill thus with the help of call these are some activities that malaysia should utilise if possible.
- Explains that speed reading is a skill that is once thought that only few may master. however, with the help of computer software, one can improve their reading speed and skill.
- Explains that english is a second language in malaysia and often the english that we speak may differ from the native speaker due to the influence of our mother tongue.
- Opines that malaysia should accept that technology is the way forward and accept the current norm that is computer usage especially in the education sector.
- Explains how the rapid growth of science and technology has resulted in many beneficial tools for society. the ministry of education has implemented projects making ict in the classroom a teaching and learning tool.
- Explains that computer assisted language learning (call) is a strategy of learning languages that incorporates computers as tutors instead of teachers.
- Explains how the ministry of education integrates computers in malaysian education to educate students to become computer literate citizens and to position ict as a teaching and learning tool.
Computers provide an invaluable tool in education, primarily in the acquisition and analysis of data used for research. Fields such as science, writing composition, mathematics and history all benefit from access to the Internet.
In an essay about why one wants to become a teacher, one should write about their love of helping others learn. The urge to become a teacher is often backed by many noble feelings like commitment to the future, interest in community, love o...
Many of us have been taught about the importance of education from an early age. But not everyone completes their education with the same enthusiasm and interest. Education can be more than just sitting in a classroom and trying to retain t...
Thanks to computers, education has become easier and much more exciting than before. Due to the memory capacities of computers, large amount of data can be
Students nowadays cannot imagine studies without computers and the Internet, where the work and getting help become seamless and efficient. Computers can
Both instructors and college students benefit from the use of PC technology. Presentations, notes and check papers can be saved and transferred easily over
Both teachers and students benefit from the use of computer technology. Presentations, notes and test papers can be stored and transferred easily over computer
The introduction of computers in education has provided countless benefits to students, and enhanced learning greatly. Students now have a much broader wealth
They benefit especially from having access to an on-demand, patient tutor that allows them to work at their own pace. Computers improve both teaching and
Computers are an effective way to organize information. For a teacher to have all information regarding the students and subjects etc. is beneficial. Also, for
In conclusion, computers have not only helped to improve the standards of education in learning institutions but also they play a central
Computers in education can be beneficial in several ways. They can increase the productivity of students by making tasks such as composing
Computers are important in education because they teach to reconsider how people learn and what the nature of learning and useful information is
Computers equally benefit both the teacher and students. The computer allows for faster, neater, and more creative assignments. Tools such as the Internet