What's Your Question?
10 Great Essay Writing Tips
Knowing how to write a college essay is a useful skill for anyone who plans to go to college. Most colleges and universities ask you to submit a writing sample with your application. As a student, you’ll also write essays in your courses. Impress your professors with your knowledge and skill by using these great essay writing tips.
Prepare to Answer the Question
Most college essays ask you to answer a question or synthesize information you learned in class. Review notes you have from lectures, read the recommended texts and make sure you understand the topic. You should refer to these sources in your essay.
Plan Your Essay
Many students see planning as a waste of time, but it actually saves you time. Take a few minutes to think about the topic and what you want to say about it. You can write an outline, draw a chart or use a graphic organizer to arrange your ideas. This gives you a chance to spot problems in your ideas before you spend time writing out the paragraphs.
Choose a Writing Method That Feels Comfortable
You might have to type your essay before turning it in, but that doesn’t mean you have to write it that way. Some people find it easy to write out their ideas by hand. Others prefer typing in a word processor where they can erase and rewrite as needed. Find the one that works best for you and stick with it.
View It as a Conversation
Writing is a form of communication, so think of your essay as a conversation between you and the reader. Think about your response to the source material and the topic. Decide what you want to tell the reader about the topic. Then, stay focused on your response as you write.
Provide the Context in the Introduction
If you look at an example of an essay introduction, you’ll see that the best essays give the reader a context. Think of how you introduce two people to each other. You share the details you think they will find most interesting. Do this in your essay by stating what it’s about and then telling readers what the issue is.
Explain What Needs to be Explained
Sometimes you have to explain concepts or define words to help the reader understand your viewpoint. You also have to explain the reasoning behind your ideas. For example, it’s not enough to write that your greatest achievement is running an ultra marathon. You might need to define ultra marathon and explain why finishing the race is such an accomplishment.
Answer All the Questions
After you finish writing the first draft of your essay, make sure you’ve answered all the questions you were supposed to answer. For example, essays in compare and contrast format should show the similarities and differences between ideas, objects or events. If you’re writing about a significant achievement, describe what you did and how it affected you.
Stay Focused as You Write
Writing requires concentration. Find a place where you have few distractions and give yourself time to write without interruptions. Don’t wait until the night before the essay is due to start working on it.
Read the Essay Aloud to Proofread
When you finish writing your essay, read it aloud. You can do this by yourself or ask someone to listen to you read it. You’ll notice places where the ideas don’t make sense, and your listener can give you feedback about your ideas.
Avoid Filling the Page with Words
A great essay does more than follow an essay layout. It has something to say. Sometimes students panic and write everything they know about a topic or summarize everything in the source material. Your job as a writer is to show why this information is important.
MORE FROM QUESTIONSANSWERED.NET
462 Words Essay on Safety (free to read)
Safety means protecting ourselves from any danger that may hurt us or endanger to our lives. Unsafe practice is a great peril to both life and property. A two wheeler rider who rides recklessly not only risks his own life, but also the other road users.
School children getting run over by their same school vans or getting knocked down while crossing the road or getting drowned in die pond or falling from high places or getting electrocuted and so on; such news appear in the newspapers.
This is because of their lack of knowledge about overall safety, be it 011 die road or anywhere. While crossing die road, they must not run across in blind panic. Wait till the traffic policeman or the green ‘Walk’ signal appear. Even then look for some vehicle drivers who jump signals and cross die road with the others.
Image Source : hennessyandassociates.ie
After reaching the centre, again pause till you see no speedy vehicle approach, then cross over. Do not cross by scaling over the central medium fencing the way many people do. Wherever subways are available, use them to cross over. In the absence of both, cross at the Zebra crossing point.
After getting down from the school van, stay away and wait until the van leave, then get a good view of the road and cross over. Do not play on the road while waiting for the bus. Walk on the pavement, avoid foot board travel.
Many young boys and girls drive cars and ride two wheelers without a valid license. This will lead to complications. If you are the one who commute to school and back home in bicycle, read the traffic signs and get yourself familiar with. This will help you considerably. See road safety charts to know traffic signs.
Never go alone for a swim. Always take an elder member. Do not tamper with electrical items. Current has no mercy! Whether young or old, its shock will be devastating. And safety does not end there itself. Even in the bath room an accident can occur if the floor
is slippery. Similarly, while getting down the staircase, position yourself sideways. This way, a fall will not amount to serious injury.
While going by bus or by car, do not throw any waste paper outside the window. It may fall on a two wheeler rider and unseated him/her. Do not call a person who is driving a vehicle. His sudden movement could divert his attention.
Always carry an address slip and telephone numbers when going out. When you see an abandoned parcel in die bus or at railway station, move away and raise an alarm. It may contain some explosives. Let safety usher you always, even if it takes some extra time. Better late than never.
- Autobiography of a Tree – Essay
- Essay for College Students on Choosing a Career
- Formation and Objectives of the Congress Socialist Party
- Important Methods of Detection and Measurement of Air Pollution
Essay on Safety
Essay On Personal Safety
Deborah nucatola's morning-after pill a boon for women.
article "Morning-After Pill a Boon for Women," Deborah Nucatola talk about safety of emergency contraception, and its importance on birth control. Her claim attempts to prove the excellent decision in removing emergency contraception prohibition which affect the life of many women when methods of pregnancy prevention have failed, leading to a critical time before get pregnant. Her claim is one of value. The warrant of her essay is that safe methods of birth control will be accessible without a prescription
How Does Social Media Affect Law Enforcement
Social networking share personal and non personal dates from a broad to a narrow public with the option to determine audience's limite. He explains by fact evidence the new words created by the use of the different social networking and the quickly popularity achieved of in a short period
Analysis Of How Computers Change The Way We Think
Beth Miller ENGL 1010-001/002 28 September 2015 Title Published in 2004, Sherry Turkle’s essay “How Computers Change the Way We Think” documents her exploration about the ways computers and technologies impact people’s thinking behaviors. Turkle first noticed the effect in the 1970s after she was accepted the job as a teacher at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. During that time period, the use of personal computers began rising and the use of slide rules were subsiding. As Turkle further her
Importance Of Privacy In The Workplace
employees which goes against the basic motive of establishing business. Hence employers should monitor the privacy at the workplace because some activities threatens the success of organizations in terms of profitability and productivity of the firm. This essay analyse the need for privacy invasion at the workplace and its effect on the employee and the organization at large with a concluding stand on for the motion. This era has seeen organizations investing heavily in the procurement of computer monitoring
Human Security Research Paper
GDSS 1066 Issues and controversies in Modern European History 1st Semester 2016/2017 Major Essay Assignment 14221020 Leung Lai Chong 1. Explain the conception of human security. Does human security raise a challenge to traditional conceptions of national security? The Historical background and development of the Concept
The safety for both staff and patients in treatment environment that considered most widely debatable issue in our hospital, so the using of restrain, is an important issue because of it concern on fundamental moral and ethical question for using this procedure. So there was a variety different arguments have been puts according this issue. This essay will considered arguments for many points to some problem with this view. According to the case, a 79 female client with dementia has a chronic indwelling
Argumentative Essay Homelessness
First, people feel that they don’t have to worry about someone constantly being in their personal space it incites a feeling of comfortability. They can walk around their house wearing whatever they see fit even if it is pajamas or without makeup they don’t have to be worried about being seen. Secondly they should be able to have a place of
Microsoft Motivation In Technology
itself from the rest of the competition and have a firm grip at the top spot of the computer software and hardware industry ,one of the ways in which the plan to achieve this through the motivation and improvement of their workforce. The following essay will discuss the implementations Microsoft has incorporated such as Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, Herzberg’s Two Factor theory, McClelland’s Theory of Needs and others in order to create, motivate, manage and sustain a workforce of the highest calibre
Honda Motor Company Case Study
1. Executive summary. In the essay, I will act as a professional speaker to prepare a pitch for Honda Motor Company to empower a brand image, also to introduce products and technology that are in development of Honda. Also, I will conduct some advices how to be a great public speaker for audiences. 2. Definitions In my opinions, at first, to have a best understanding from the essay that I will prepare, I suggest we should look at some definitions in the field of public speaking. First
Franklin Foer Analysis
This leaves the writer confused as to where the writer is going with his essay; Foer’s witty narrative offers no consolation for his ill-structured writing. Allen Guttman aptly describes Foer’s thesis as ‘anemic’ claiming it ‘flickers on and off like a lightbulb on its last amps’. (Guttman) At times the writer goes off on
More about Essay On Personal Safety
- Noodles Research Paper
- Overpopulation In Beijing Essay
- Symbolic Interactionist Theory In Sociology
- Water Scarcity Thesis
- The Importance Of Judicial Review
- Theme Of Ignorance In Fahrenheit 451
Importance Of Safety Essay
It’s true what everyone talks about safety – you are the key to your safety, when you do it safely you do it the right way and the best gift you can give to your family is to always stay safe. We have been taught by our parents and teachers to be cautious while doing a number of things. That’s very essential in our daily lives, because one needs to be extra cautious to prevent unavoidable accidents. However, mishaps do happen everywhere in the safest of places, no matter how careful we are in our actions. It is highly unpredictable, what’s going to happen the very next instant. There are numerous incidences we come across like simple trips, falls, cuts due to sharp objects, burns or sudden worsening of a person’s health condition, causing …show more content…
In this essay, the author
- Opines that first aid training should be made mandatory by the government in schools to enable teachers and students to deal with conditions like head injury, wounds due to falling and fainting in children.
- Opines that having the best first aid skills is not of much use in india, as there is no legislation to protect the person providing first-aid, and the biggest hurdle is fear of liability.
- Advises that if something is harmful to the victim like a fire, toxic gas, live electrical wires or an unstable building, it immediately calls for professional help.
- Advises that the patient should be breathing and not leave the victim alone for a long time.
- Opines that the best support is to make the disturbed patient feel comfortable by reassuring the person that help is expected anytime and everything will be fine in moments.
- Opines that first-aid kits at strategic and easily seen locations are of great help as the chance of a mishap cannot be completely eliminated.
- Opines that the longer you take to locate the first aid kit can make a huge difference in complicating the injuries.
- Opines that a first aid kit in the car is essential when commuting. a minor cut can aggravate to become major if you don’t have band aids or bandages within easy reach.
- Opines that first aid skills and kit are a dire necessity in unfortunate areas prone to accidents and natural calamities.
- Opines that one should be fully trained in first aid procedures to prevent unavoidable accidents. mishaps happen everywhere in the safest of places.
- Explains how to properly assess the victim and ensure what kind of first aid is to be given at that particular moment.
- Opines that first aid is the best tool to prevent further damage to the injured and make sure they are on the recovery path quickly without any problems.
Regretfully, with no legislation in India to protect the person providing first aid, the biggest hurdle is fear of liability. As is evident, victims of road accidents are left to their destiny as the first aid worker dare not touch the victim. First aid or alternatively emergency care as it is called, is the instant help given to a sick or injured to ease off the pain or prevent the condition from worsening until a proper medical treatment is made available. It is that crucial initial action, which can prove to reduce serious injury and help improve the chances of …show more content…
Give the proper first aid greatly required at that moment, like stop the bleeding, clean & cover the wound, cool the burn with running water etc.. First aid trained personnel and the first aid kit are the best tool to prevent further damage to the injured and make sure they are on the recovery path swiftly without any problems. • At the workplace, it makes the employee to work without any fear. First-aid kits at strategic and easily seen locations are of great help as the chance of a mishap cannot be totally eliminated. • Our home, though seemingly safe, you need to have an adequate stock of supplies in the first aid kit in a place accessible without any difficulty. The longer you take to locate the first aid kit can make a huge difference in complicating the injuries. • When many of us spend a major portion of the day commuting, a first aid kit in the car is absolutely required. A minor cut can aggravate to become a major issue if you don’t have band aids or bandages within easy reach. • First aid skills and kit is a dire necessity in unfortunate areas prone to accidents and natural calamities. It makes communities aware of the dangers posed to remain prepared for any
- Explains that first aid is the initial treatment given to an injury or illness before further treatment by medical professionals is administered.
- Explains that first aid can be used for any number of medical issues, from a simple cut to major life-threatening illness.
- Explains that basic minor first aid is treated with supplies such as bandages, gauze, scissors, medical tape, burn cream, butterfly stitches, and fever reducer/pain reliever. if there is an incident involving a burn, you must first assess the situation and determine the extent of the burn.
- Explains that first aid is used to treat a variety of injuries and illnesses.
- Explains that cpr is the combination of chest compressions and rescue breathing to assure oxygen enriched blood flow when a person is in cardiac arrest.
- Explains that bystander cpr can double the victim's chance of survival. the american heart association reports that 95 percent of all out-of-hospital cardiac arrest do not make it to the hospital alive.
- Recommends that a person should renew their cpr certification every two years because of changing guidelines and new findings in the medical field.
- Opines that cpr certification should be mandatory for college entrance, and it can be done at the workplace. businesses and schools don't want to lose a day of work.
- Explains that first aid is not to be confused with "first responder", which is a trained paramedic who can administer cpr, medication, intubation, iv fluids, and other medical tasks.
- Explains that the average person isn't cpr certified due to a lack of interest in the subject, and the fear of being sued. bystanders are protected under the good samaritan law.
- Explains that medical procedures can be performed to help people feel better or save a life. first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (cpr) are very common.
- Explains that first aid is the care that is given to an injured or sick person prior to treatment by medically trained personnel.
- Explains that emergency first aid is the first response to a life-threatening medical emergency (injury or illness). non-emergency first-aid is treatment administered for minor medical needs.
- Explains that first aid kits contain numerous supplies, but not all kits should have the same items in them.
- Explains that some medications are also included in a first aid kit, such as activated charcoal, aloe vera gel, anti-diarrhea, over-the-counter antihistamine, aspirin, calamine lotion, and syringe or medicine cup.
- Explains that cardiopulmonary resuscitation (cpr) is a lifesaving technique useful in many emergencies, including heart attack or near drowning.
- Opines that it is always good to know how to perform cpr and first aid in case of an emergency. knowing first aid is crucial because it can be used not only in a medical setting, but also at home.
- Explains that cpr involves airway, breathing, and circulation. it should be performed if the person is unconscious.
- Advises that if the person is unconscious and there is no response, shout for help and call your local emergency number. roll the victim over and open their airway.
- Explains how to perform cpr by pinning the person's nose shut using forefinger and thumb, and inhaling normally before giving the victim a rescue breath.
- Explains that first aid is the supply of instantaneous care that is given to a victim with injuries or illnesses.
- Explains that stroke, chocking, and drowning are life-threatening emergencies. treatment for a stroke would be to keep the patient constantly relaxed and to take them to the hospital as soon as possible.
- Describes non-life threatening emergencies such as allergies, bites and stings that are poisonous, and asthma.
- Explains that cpr should occur in all instances when the patient is unconscious or not breathing.
- Describes how a series of shots being fired in the near distance can be heard, followed by crowds of people running down the street franticly.
- Explains that mass shootings tend to have a trend and that the society is becoming more aware and scared of these incidents.
- Explains that most shooters have some sort of mental illness, such as schizophrenia, depression and suicide, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Explains that the 21st-century technology can help detect mental illness and improve treatment.
- Explains that mental illness can influence a person's behavior. most people with an illness of the mind tend to become violent, uncontrollable, and emotionally unstable.
- Opines that court cases dealing with the mentally ill aren't handled well most of the time. most people think that just because they're locked up in a jail cell, the problem is gone.
- Explains how mental illness played a big role in the fort hood shooting. the gunman had post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, and anxiety.
- Analyzes how a 2012 aurora shooting killed 12 people and injured 70 others. the shooter said he was dealing with mental illness and was sentenced to death.
- Recommends a different way of handling court cases involving people with mental illnesses, new treatments, and new mental hospitals.
- Explains the benefits of treating mentally ill court cases differently than others, such as keeping the society safe and giving the mentally unwell a better life.
- Explains how new technology has helped investigators look into the criminal's background to see if they have or had a history of mental illness.
- Cites chelala, cesar. “crime in america: execution of the mental ill.” the japan times.
- Summarizes hammel, lee, and the worcester telegram & gazette. mental health factor in trying to reduce mass killings.
- Analyzes hefley, diana, and herald writer. “county given ideas for how to better help those with mental illness.” the daily herald.
- Opines that judges unlikely to commit mentally illness. the hawk eye.
- States rushton, bruce, "mental health court planned." illinois times 6 mar. 2014: n. pag. newsbank special reports.
- Explains that treating mental health issues can help the justice system. u-t san diego: web edition articles.
- Analyzes smith, scott's article, "psychology: mental illness reason behind most mass murders." capital-gazette newspapers.
- Analyzes spencer, susan, and the worcester telegram & gazette. mental health first aid: a concept whose time has come.
- Explains that fort hood gunman sought mental health treatment. the associated press news service, 3 apr. 2014.
- Opines that mentally ill are more likely to be the victims of violence.
- Explains that first aid was introduced to civilians by woolwich, london, and colonel frances duncan in 1837. it was commonly used during the world wars.
- Explains that animal bites can come from dogs, wild animals, rabbits, squirrels and skunks. if you don't have any sign of rabies it is consider a minor bite.
- Recommends applying pressure with a clean, dry cloth to stop the bleeding. if you notice signs of infection such as swelling, redness, and increased pain or oozing, go immediately to your doctor.
- Explains that first aid treatment is for burns, which can be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd degree. the only type of burn that you would not treat yourself is a third-degree burn.
- Explains that cuts first aid treatment has a difference of major cuts and minor cuts, but most likely if you get one it is minor. they recommend cleaning the wound, applying antibiotic ointment, and dressing it with sterile bandages.
- Recommends bandaging the wound and getting a tetanus shot if the cut is major or deep.
- Concludes that first aid in all ways should be practiced more so that the importance of it can be known.
- Explains that cpr was developed in the late 1950s early 1960s by drs. james elam and peter safer. it was only used by midwives to resuscitate babies.
- Explains that adult cpr is most commonly used for people who have gone into cardiac arrest.
- Explains that children and infant cpr is similar to adults except you do the same steps but some in a different way.
- Concludes that knowing first aid and cpr could help save a life one day. it can help treat the patient that is suffering with the same way you would want to be treated.
- Explains that triage is based on the need for treatment and available resources. during a mass casualty, one must treat patients with the greatest chance of survival.
- Explains that the mnemonic created to help remember the steps for performing the primary survey is "abcde."
- Explains that atls is a safe method for immediate treatment of injured patients using concepts of primary and secondary survey and prioritizing skills.
- Explains that medical personnel only starts secondary survey when they have gone through and completed "abcde", resuscitative efforts, and if patient is showing normal vital functioning.
- Explains that when an emergency happens within the community, it takes the whole community to be prepared and ready to respond. a community that has a plan and can communicate effectively will provide safety and security.
- Opines that public health agencies could have participated in the response of the effects from the forest fire.
- Opines that communication is the first line of preparedness for community emergencies. public health care teams can educate the community before the emergency happens by having a well thought out plan, interventions, and roles.
- Explains that public health care teams can also have plans in place on the levels of prevention. primary prevention would include educating the public on different types of emergency, the plan, and how to prepare for an emergency.
- Opines that community and public health care teams play an important role in emergencies and emergencies preparedness. having a plan, with well-established interventions, will ensure optimal succ.
- Analyzes how a forest fire is causing respiratory problems in the neighborhood. the neighborhood hospital sees an increase of hospitalization within the community members.
- Analyzes how the hospital and the clinic are experiencing an increase of patients due to the effects of the fire.
- Recommends keeping emergency medications, inhalers, and nebulizers on hand in case of a respiratory attack, as well as limiting your time out in the community until the smoke has cleared.
- Opines that prescription drug abuse is one of the leading health problems facing the state of oklahoma right now.
- Opines that prescription drug abuse is not a true drug problem and that the u.s. consumes 80% of the world's pain medication while only having 6% of its population.
- Explains that addiction to prescription pain medication is the overwhelming desire to seek and take more of the prescribed medicine for the recreational use rather than the intended medical purpose.
- Explains that many elderly patients are addicted to prescription pain medications and never know it. the 18-25 age group accounts for the largest group of abusers.
- Analyzes how the affordable health care act will affect prescription drug abusers by now requiring all adults to have medical insurance.
- Explains that the patient was faking the injury but had to be treated as if it was real.
- Explains that the patient is treated under the code of truth and ethics as he is always telling the truth. the patient was loaded into the ambulance and the captain of the engine went to make sure the trailer was locked and secure.
- Urges the state department of substance abuse to make narcan auto injection syringes available to the community.
- Opines that the abuse of prescription drugs is out of control, affecting all of us in some way, from the patient who truly needs the medication but can’t get because the doctor is scared to prescribe it to the homeowner whose home is burglarized so the addict can fund his addiction.
- Describes the american society of interventional pain physicians.
- Explains kazzi, antoine a., and joel m. schofer. emergency medicine: aaem's rules of the road for medical students.
- States that oklahoma bureau of narcotics and dangerous drugs - prescription monitoring program.
- Describes the united states department of health and human services | hhs.gov.
- Describes the u.s. food and drug administration home page.
- Explains that the issue of the manifestations of tornadoes is guided by the following organizations and personalities.
- Explains that external means of resolving tornadoes can be applied in the event primary means get exhausted without any reasonable results.
- Describes the training and equipping of employees on the applicability of the emergency plan.
- Encourages and facilitates the preparedness of all staff purposed to deal with the disaster.
- Opines that the location of the disaster management plan should be placed at the rich of all workers.
- Describes the possible methods that should be used for transport in transportation.
- Opines that when a warning is notified, the staff in charge should be given proper notification.
- Opines that it is plausible that the administrator does the following in an emergency situation.
- Explains that the ultimate running of a disaster management plan is in the hands of the facility administrator. an administrator is mandated to bring on board communications with organizations and agencies that fall relevance to the disaster issue.
- Explains that the administrator appoints and assigns duties that are elemental to the whole process of regulating and curbing disasters.
- Recommends setting up a backup system to keep track of all information that supports efforts towards prevention mechanisms.
- Advises that ashford university students should be warned of the likely events that are likely to be significant on the detailed that concern tornadoes.
- Opines that emergency information should be passed to all students and people on neighboring vicinities.
- Explains that the evaluation process will be directed on aspects of priority. the more injured a person is, the more attention the person needs.
- Opines that medical facilities should be instituted to facilitate injuries, and that the environs surrounding the campus will be under consideration.
- Explains that ashford university has been on a notable receiving end by natural disasters such as tornadoes, floods and storms.
- Explains the purpose of the disaster preparedness plan on floods in ashford university, which enlightens the school administration on measures to harmonize the gross effects of tornadoes.
- Explains that the wac 388-78a-2700 is responsible for disaster instances and protection of victims of disasters. the president of ashford university is in charge of all operations.
- Explains that ashford university is affected by calamites in the context of disasters. students, lecturers and staff need a well formulated plan that focuses on awareness, readiness and amicable solutions.
- Opines that it is important to come up with a way that foresees and plans on the possibility of occurrence of disasters. proper plans and procedures are necessary to ensure compliance with the laws of the country.
- Opines that a facility should be implemented to provide care services to those who fall victims of tornadoes in the university. this plan can take the form of both internal and external emergencies.
- Recommends implementing systems that warn people whenever necessary, and installing channels that allow for the drainage of excess water during rainy seasons.
- Recommends proper drainage of excess water, documented procedures, and a good supply of food for students and servants.
- Recommends making large tunnels and bridges within radii of fifty meters from all university buildings, according to federal laws and the laws of the united states of america.
- Recommends that students should be provided with food, goods, documents, and other materials necessary for their survival during the relocation process. other escape avenues can be used in case the routes become impassable.
- Opines that the preparedness plan should be reviewed so as to make due considerations on routes that shall be used as escape paths for the disaster victims.
- Opines that radio should be monitored so as to keep track of the activities that entail the flood disasters.
- Explains that the administrator of disaster management is responsible for ensuring that pre-emergency factors and conditions are fully adhered to and regarded.
- Recommends providing alternative housing to students who cannot easily access accommodation in case the crisis center stages when the students are in session. they also recommend preparing a list and presenting it to the local authorities.
- Explains that communication is well facilitated in the entire process that facilitates disaster management and coordinates processes that support rescue mechanisms for the flood disaster victims.
Short Essay on Safety First [100, 200, 400 Words] With PDF
In today’s session, you will learn to write short essays on the popular term ‘Safety First.’ There are going to be three individual sets of short essays written on the topic covering different word limits.
Short Essay on Safety First in 100 Words
Safety is the most important measure to take in our lives for any kind of emergency. We are often told about safety first. Safety means protection. We always try to avoid dangers or stay away from any harm. We work very carefully so that we do not get harmed by any problem.
Short Essay on Safety First in 200 Words
Safety means any kind of protection that we observe regularly. And safety first also means making safety our biggest priority. Maintaining safety is extremely important to us. It will keep our family and society safe and sound.
Short Essay on Safety First in 400 Words
Safety means protection from any sort of danger. The term safety first is, at present, a frequently used term. Safety is something that we prioritize first. Whenever there is danger, we must take an immediate measure of safety to survive the situation. Thus keeping safety as our biggest priority is the best task to do in our lives. We will stay prepared for any hazards that may arrive on our way.
Even on rail lines, we must be cautious. It is always advisable never to cross a rail line while a train is approaching. Similarly, standing near the door while the train is running at full speed can cause tremendous destruction. Some people often take selfies while standing on railways and even use them as fun places. However, it is stupid to take such things lightly. Everyone should remember the safety that can help them to live better.
More from English Compositions
Leave a reply cancel reply.
Safety: The Importance Of Safety In The Workplace
Show More Introduction Safety is an important part of life that people sometimes overlooked until it costs them money or personal discomfort. Webster’s dictionary defines safe as “the condition of being safe from undergoing or causing hurt, injury, or loss.” As a wastewater professional, can you do your job safely? This book is intended to stress the importance of safety in the workplace by dividing it into two categories: Risk Awareness and Risk Management. Risk Awareness Safety is a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week job. Safety requires continuous education to bring awareness to the causes of accidents. Safety is an attitude, which is why anyone with the right attitude can reduce accidents. By controlling the way we think, habits can be changed, …show more content… One big cause of accidents in the workplace is the workers engaging in unsafe acts. Statistics from safety authorities show nine out of ten injuries are the result of unsafe acts by the workers, which is why it is important to discuss reasons for unsafe acts. The 7 main reasons for unsafe acts are: 1. Ignorance – A lack of experience or training 2. Indifference – Knowing what to do, but not caring 3. Poor Work Habits – Workers develop bad habits for poor training 4. Laziness – Safety require an effort, some workers don’t want to make an effort 5. Haste – When rushed, workers take dangerous shortcuts 6. Poor Physical Condition – A lack of fitness can lessen endurance and alertness 7. Temper – Impatience and anger can cause …show more content… This though process will help to prevent unsafe acts, which will help to avoid accidents, creating a safer work environment. The SAVE process is a 4-step process that must occur before each decision a worker makes that may present some hazards. The SAVE process goes as follows: 1. SCAN Use the scanning stage to aggressively search for information to make your decision in the safest manner. Your eyes and ears are the tools needed for this step. 2. ASSESS Identify potential hazards to your decision; use the information for your scan to find these hazards. Predict all possible outcomes of the decision, both positive and negative. 3. VERIFY After weighing the outcomes to your decision, make one last check to be sure you’ve considered all hazards, and the potential outcomes of your decision. 4. EXECUTE After you’ve made the decision to control the situation, it’s now time to put the decision into effect. By using the SAVE process over and over, the workers will become safety conscious, and be better prepared to prevent accidents. The whole process only takes a few seconds to accomplish, but by using the SAVE process, safety will become a daily habit, and not be set aside to
Workplace safety regulations.
If the regulation standard does not state who is able to provide the proper safety training, then management in companies can take advantage of the regulation and potentially neglect the training program and the efficiency of this training. Therefore, it is important that regulations are put in place that entitles companies to be held accountable for the people training the workers. This will further enforce the Occupational Work and Safety Act in various workplaces. It will also help to address the minimum standards that are not only required, but expected by workers and organizations. This will give employees the opportunity to address any concerns and to allow them to properly maintain records that will be kept for future reference.…
Safety Culture In Health Care
In a Just Culture (shared accountability model) understanding the system based and human based facets is critical to prevention of future errors (Curtain 2011). In reviewing the different areas, Fair and Just Culture (shared accountability model) is most important, as it takes a comprehensive approach to safety. Employees know there is a process to follow when reporting an incident, and know there will not be retaliation for reporting the such incident. Fair and Just Culture allow for appropriate protocols to be followed with a mechanism for reporting such events. Staff are oriented on this when they are new to the organization, and on regular intervals.…
Right Activity In The Workplace
Saying no in the workplace is acceptable and sometimes needed. If someone dumps work on you and you do not have time to do it (you may have other priorities), then you need to say no to taking on that work. You may also get work assigned to you that you are not properly trained to do, it is important you do not take on work you are not able to do properly. In the long run, this will affect the business and also put a lot of unneeded stress on yourself. You need to be open and honest in the workplace.…
Dynamic Duo Inc. Case Study
OSHA’s intent is to create the safest work environment for all employees and they want employers to make the recommended change; OSHA’s goal is not to see how much they can fine an employer to generate profit, the organization is trying to get employers to take safety seriously. The informal conference is a change to drastically reduce the seriousness and fines associated with the citations as long as the employer has a specific plan of action and has documentation of the necessary changes in regards to the…
Domestic Violence Effects
Emotional effects of abuse seem to play the biggest part. After someone is abused they can start to feel depressed and abandoned. Depression can take hold of the victim’s life and drag them down. This can cause a lack of motivation and can stop the individual from achieving what they need or completing day to day tasks. From the abuse can come low self esteem.…
Risk Assessment And Risk Analysis
To protect my company assets from cyber threats/attacks many things must be taken into consideration because there is always a deeper internal issue in what we believe is secure. Risk assessment and risk management are both very important parts of planning to create a safe, secure work environment to protect my employees and company both on the inside and outside of the company. I would assure that my company conducts a risk assessment periodically. This helps to see what has failed in the past versus what improvements and corrective actions have been made to present day. Comparing and contrasting the effects of failures also helps to determine if the current improvement fall into the same category.…
Pros And Cons Of Avoidance Of Regulation In Industry
Cons of Avoidance of Regulation In Industry Regulation is the centerpiece of how products are to be manufactured, and made safe, while continuing to be efficient and user-friendly. These rules of regulation are set in place to keep people safe from themselves, and keep their environment safe. One small problem can lead to many failures in a franchise, causing it to crumble. Industrial jobs have a copious number of responsibilities and have to sole decision on how a product may be designed to function. When making a product, all rules, regulations, and past failures, should be taken into consideration so that aforementioned product will not hurt the environment or the user.…
Bloodborne Pathogens: A Case Study
Perhaps the most important step towards preventing the spread of bloodborne pathogens is education and specific training. Healthcare workers should be reviewed of new safety procedures and reminded of old ones. With the…
It is not uncommon for individuals to get injured on the job, sometimes due to an unsafe environment and or condition within the workplace. Accidents do happen, however, having policies in the workplace to assist employees in being safe while doing their jobs can ensure that their family and the business is not devastated due to lack of knowledge. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration an estimate of 14,000 workers were killed in 1970, that number has since fell to approximately 4,340 in 2009. “A historical case that showcase how unsafe environments could become fatal is that of the 146 workers who died in the Triangle Shirtwaist factory on March 25, in New York City and lead to the 1914 workman’s compensation act…
From that kind of situation what are the actions will be taken which is at the first, the employees must be informed of workplace hazards and properly trained to manage the dangerous equipment, processes and machinery. Seconds, the employees must be refused the dangerous work without risk of discipline. Under the specified circumstances and the members of safety and health committee can intervene for stop the dangerous of work. Thirdly, the employees the rights to participate for make the workplace safer through workplace safety and health committees. In additional, for established the safety committee will be an opportunity to make sure the workers still active participation in health and safety.…
Ready To Get Started?
- Create Flashcards
- Mobile apps
- Cookie Settings
- Skip to main content
- Skip to secondary menu
- Skip to primary sidebar
- Skip to footer
A Plus Topper
Improve your Grades
Road Safety Essay | Short Essay on Road Safety in 300 and 500 Words
August 11, 2022 by Prasanna
Road Safety Essay: Road safety essay is one of the most effective ways to educate students about the various dangerous present on the road. With the rise of automobiles, humans have entered a new era of technological advancement, albeit with some consequences.
Road safety essay aims to present some of these dangers and the solutions to these problems. From government regulations to pedestrian safety, explore various means to stay safe on the road with these essays. However, from an academic perspective, there are a few guidelines to follow when writing an essay. Consider adopting these tips if you wish to secure more marks. we will soonly Update Road Safety Essay in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu. Read on to find an Essay about Road Safety.
Road Safety Essay – Important Writing Tips
Please consider implementing the tips stated below. These will help you fetch more marks in an examination.
- Include an introductory paragraph.
- Include names, facts, and figures.
- Avoid the use of jargon unless the topic is exclusively technical.
- Present the content in small, digestible chunks.
- Present important information in points if possible.
- Always cross-check the essay for errors before submission.
- Always end the essay with a concluding paragraph.
Essay on Importance of Road Safety in 500 Words
In today’s era, road accidents are rampant. However, mortality rates have come down significantly due to improvements in automobile technology. Nevertheless, there are many potential hazards on the road that can cause injuries or even death.
Potential hazards can range from bad road behaviour to road dynamics or even bad infrastructure. Behaviour such as drunk-driving, exceeding speed limits and general rash driving contributes significantly to road accidents. Furthermore, ignoring road signs which provide important information – such as crossroads or intersection can also be the leading cause in vehicular accidents. Even maintenance of the vehicle plays an important role in road safety. For instance, many car accidents are the result of the tire blowouts – which occur when the tires are underinflated and driven beyond their operational life.
Importance of Road Safety Essay
In some cases, environmental factors, such as rain, fog or smog may hamper visibility. These are notorious for causing pile-ups on the highway. A recent example was the Yamuna Expressway pile-ups that occurred in November 2017. Other factors such as rain can cause a phenomenon called hydroplaning, where the vehicles traveling at high speeds start sliding uncontrollably because the tires are pushed off the ground by a thin film of water on the road.
In conclusion, all these dangerous situations can be easily avoided if road rules are strictly followed and vehicles are well-maintained. Most importantly, drive within the speed limits and avoid using phones.
Road Safety Speech Essay in 300 Words
Road safety implies the methods adopted to prevent road users from being injured or killed. Typical road users are motorists, passengers of vehicles, cyclists, and passengers of public transport vehicles such as buses.
Road safety became a priority after the invention of mass-produced vehicles. Every year, people are killed when they or others fail to observe various road safety measures. There are countless factors that are responsible for causing traffic accidents. The most widely responsible are
- High speeds
- Rash driving
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
- Use of mobile phones
- Driving drunk
- Ignoring important road signs
- Poor maintenance of the vehicle
Sometimes there are other environmental factors that can cause traffic accidents. The design of some roads requires careful navigation, failing which, the road user may crash their vehicle resulting in serious injury or death. Even a traffic device, such as a stoplight has the potential to malfunction and cause accidents. Poor infrastructure planning can also cause traffic accidents – for instance, road with trees on the sides of the pavements. Slamming a car into a tree produces so much energy; and all this energy is transferred to the driver and the passenger of the car, causing injury or even death.
Certain environmental factors are also considered to cause a potential risk. Rain and fog are the major disruptive factors that affect traffic. Fog causes visibility issues that have the potential to cause accidents. Even smog, which occurs as a result of anthropogenic activities, has similar risk factors too that of fog. A combination of rain and high speeds can cause vehicles to spin out of control, causing serious injury or death.
Another factor that disrupts road safety is the use of mobile phones. During driving, the last thing that a driver should face is being distracted. Even a second of distraction can cause a life-threatening situation. Hence, mobile phones should never be used while driving, If the need to use the phone is unavoidable, pull over to the side of the road. This eliminates any risk associated with texting and driving.
Road Safety Conclusion
In conclusion, following the road rules, avoiding excessive speeds and improved general awareness can significantly reduce the risk of a traffic accident. Regularly checking vehicle health and maintenance of parts also eliminates any potential risks. And most importantly, do not use mobile phones while driving.
FAQ’s on Road Safety Essay
Question 1. What is road safety?
Answer: Road safety involves the methods adopted to prevent road users from being injured or killed in a traffic accident.
Question 2. What are the probable causes of road accidents?
Answer: The following are some of the most probable causes of traffic accidents.
- Driving on the wrong side
- Poorly designed roads
Question 3. How do you avoid traffic accidents and improve road safety?
Answer: Accidents can be avoided if road rules are strictly followed and vehicles are well-maintained. Most importantly, drive within the speed limits and avoid using phones. Eliminate any bad practices such as drinking and driving or using drugs. Moreover, do not drive till exhaustion, take adequate rest and breaks when required.
You can also find more Essay Writing articles on events, persons, sports, technology and many more.
- RS Aggarwal Solutions
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 10
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 9
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 8
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 7
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 6
- Picture Dictionary
- English Speech
- ICSE Solutions
- Selina ICSE Solutions
- ML Aggarwal Solutions
- HSSLive Plus One
- HSSLive Plus Two
- Kerala SSLC
- Distance Education
520 Safety Essay Topic Ideas & Examples
🏆 best safety topic ideas & essay examples, 👍 good essay topics on safety, 📌 simple & easy safety essay titles, 💡 interesting topics to write about safety, 🎓 safety writing prompts, 🥇 most interesting safety topics to write about, ❓ essay questions on safety, 💯 free safety essay topic generator.
- Fire Safety and Prevention in Buildings and Structures In regards to the control of fires, the standards were set to consider the recommended heights of buildings, the ventilation of the same, the availability of exits and the use of non flammable materials during […]
- Environmental Health and Safety Thus, needs assessment for managing waste would be conducted by observing the methods that can be used to control the negative effects of waste. Biological Reprocessing This is one of the methods that can be […]
- Housing, Recreational Areas and Bathing Facilities Safety Finally, I would recommend a combination of the two process of water treatment in recreational swimming pools and spas to ensure maximum the health of general consumers.
- Housing; Safety Of Beach Water Users With the current relocation of people in large masses to the coastal areas, there has been an increase in pollution of beach waters due to sewage contamination rendering the waters unsafe for recreational activities.
- Multi-Occupancy Buildings: Community Safety This report identifies experts in the fire department, the building owner, the occupants and the health workers as the main partners in this strategy.
- Recommendations for Ensuring Food Safety & Reducing Disease-Causing Mosquitoes As such, the focus should be to introduce mandatory employee training especially in areas of food safety to guarantee that appropriate practices in hygiene, food handling and preparation, and sanitation are put in place in […]
- Safety in the military workplace This paper is an exploration of the safety measures that can be taken to reduce incidences and accidents in the military workplace.
- Even Critics of Safety Net Increasingly Depend on It The author uses the Gulbranson case to indicate to the public that a large number of the critics of the Government Safety Net benefit from the services provided immensely.
- Protecting Health and Safety of Employees: Effective Strategies The realization here is that the human resource management is as important as the employees in protecting the health and safety of the employees, and the best recommendations are those that affect bothcontexts.
- Problems Facing Healthcare Management: Financial, Reform Implementation, Government Mandates, and Patient Safety Challenges facing the health sector seem to increase since the signing of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act into law.
- Safety of Women and Workplace Health Issues Although the number of men in the workforce is still higher than that of women, there has been a remarkable increase in the number of working women.
- ”Cutting Roadside Tree”: Engineering and Construction for Road Safety The increase in the population had been observed to be 30% in the past ten years according to the Verdant population statistics.
- Food Safety Risk Assessment Poultry is a reservoir of salmonella in human being due to the ability of salmonella to proliferate in the intestines of poultry.
- Criminal Acts as a Threat to Safety of Citizens According to the United States law, criminal acts are actions that, under the United States law, cause a threat to injure persons even if the offender is considered unable to commit the crime.
- The enactment of laws restricting panhandling will benefit the safety of all concerned This may mean that at least 65% of people in the county see the threat in panhandling, i.e.their attention is distracted by panhandlers, which may lead to accidents on the road.
- The Floating Threat: Somali Filibusters and the World Safety Since the reasons which make the Somalia people break the law can justify their actions to some extent, the events connected with the actions of the Somali pirates make one think of whose fault is […]
- Employment Law: Worker Health and Safety Worker health and safety deals with protecting the security, health and welfare of workers. Worker health and safety enhances and maintains physical, psychological and social heath of workers in all jobs to the highest degree.
- Safety Program Management These top executives sign the document to acknowledge the fact that the management has taken responsibility and are committed to see the safety plan work.
- Fire Safety Essay While the role of fighting fire is designated to firefighters, organizations should do whatever it takes in their capacity to ensure fire is avoided.
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulations These programs have to be effectively monitored by the government to ensure equity and fairness in the generation of this revenue, which is quite useful for the development of a country.
- Aviation Fire Risks and Safety The major difference in standards of competence between the two branches is that, the personnel of Aviation Fire Rescue Services, have a deeper knowledge in aviation matters that the Local Authority Fire Rescue Services.
- Safety at the Construction Sites As the supervisor and the employees heard the estimator fall, they hurried to the scene of accident. The manufacturers of the equipment should ensure that the equipments meets all the measures and standards set by […]
- Fire Safety Engineering Overview Fire safety engineering refers to the usage of scientific measures to improve the detection, prevention, and extinguishment of destructive fire. This is a recount of the successes of fire protection and safety engineering.
- Improving the Safety in the PHI A covered entity should meet the following requirements when reporting a breach on PHI: The protected entity should identify the best method of reporting the violation.
- Improving Patient Safety and Quality of Medical Care Improving patient safety and quality of patient care helps in management of risk involved in the health care sector because it minimizes harm and injuries to patients.
- Achieving and Maintaining Elementary School Safety School safety calls for a proactive approach by the school leadership, which implies that the school administration should first conduct a comprehensive analysis of the safety situation in and around the school to determine the […]
- Safety of recycled water for drinking The question of whether recycled water is safe for drinking is of high relevance to a discussion on water-borne diseases because raw waste water contains high amounts of faecal matter, so it takes a rigorous […]
- Causes of Workplace Safety and Health To improve safety and health at the workplace, it is necessary to develop a program that encourages continuous assessment and improvement of the workplace safety.
- Information systems: safety of wireless networks This paper provides an analysis case study in Australia concerning the security issues during the deployment of wireless networks for organizations and overview of the effect of “war driving” and ‘war chalking” on the uptake […]
- Safety and risk management Management has to demonstrate their commitment to safety measures in order to attain the objectives of the safety procedures. Management has to demonstrate their commitment to safety measures in order to attain the objectives of […]
- Swine Flu Vaccination Safety, Effectiveness, and Side Effects A blend consisting of the virus and a standard virus from the laboratory is made to form a hybrid that is later planted in chicken eggs.
- Safety of oral contraceptives The ages of the study participants were 30 to 55 years, and the follow-up period was between 1976 and 1988. The prospective cohort study was used to show the relationship between the exposure and the […]
- Workplace Health & Safety: The Ethical Dilemmas In addition, this paper focuses on the theoretical framework of the ethical dilemmas of the employers about workplace environment, and the activities of Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Nuclear Power and Its Effects on Economy, Environment and Safety Of all these, the nuclear power is the latest, realized in the dawn of the 20th century following the discovery some crucial radioactive elements and reactions like uranium and nuclear fission respectively, both of which […]
- Designated Person Ashore: Ensuring Safety and Coordination These factors are observed from several perspective of maritime work: the factor of fatigue among bridge team members that is based on human health conditions and working abilities; the factor of marine environment and human […]
- Toy Industry Safety Ethics Finally on the third principle of justice, the toy manufacturing Companies are expected to be fair and just in their engagement with employees and their consumers.
- Privacy and Safety on the Internet The user should have knowledge of how his or her information is being collected, the purpose of collection and how the party is going to use the information. The final security measure to ensure safety […]
- Incident at the Tin Metal Company: The Necessity of Health and Safety at Workplace The incident which took place at the Tin Metal Company should be considered in detail to understand the importance of health and safety at workplace, the necessity to meet the legal standards and assess the […]
- Wine Packaging: Branding and Safety Wine is a special product and glass containers are the preferred means of packaging the wine because they protect the original taste of the wine.
- Maintaining Safety in the Primary School: The Importance of Duty of Care for Students Thus, the chief goal of the Duty of Care is to provide the instructions which will guide the teachers to the safest way of holding classes and will allow them to create the safest environment […]
- A Guide to Health and Safety for Small Manufacturing Businesses The specific objectives of the project include the following; To determine the safety and health systems in place at the industry To assess the major causes of accidents and the emergency care procedures in place […]
- Computer Safety: Types and Technologies The OS of a computer is a set of instructions communicating directly to the hardware of the computer and this enable it to process information given to it.
- Project Safety Risk Management Plan The objective of this report is to come up with a risk management plan for the construction projects in this company focusing on the safety risks involved in construction and how they can be controlled.
- Qantas Safety for Maintenance There will be no need for specialized personnel outside of the project team in the course of the project. This may limit the usefulness of the information to the project.
- Occupational Health and Safety Procedures at Swinburne University of Technology The university has a comprehensive and formalized occupational health and safety policy and procedures to ensure the safety of the employees and students.
- NSW Occupational Health and Safety Act 2000 Again, employees have a duty to work co-operatively with their employers or any other person involved in ensuring that the provisions of the Act as regards health, safety as well as welfare matters are taken […]
- Safety Engineering The importance of safety culture and management To achieve safety goals, any organization is to be familiar with safety culture. Safety engineering is really the important science as it gives the students the opportunity to […]
- Plastic Fences as Safety and Protection Means It is only on the site where they are to be utilized that water is added in giving such barricades the characteristic weight and rigidity needed to sustain the impact of a moving vehicle.
- Occupational Health and Safety Theories: La_Camera Restaurant The recommendations offered for La_Camera include the use of more positive methods of enforcing occupational health policies, reduction in the use of the punitive measures, and the implementation of the measures to mitigate not just […]
- Safety Management Systems in Airports The policy also entails that the executives in the organization structure to monitor the safety performance in the airport. Safety manager in the organization is the focal point for the implementation of safety management system.
- John Hopkins Hospital: Creating a Safety Culture John Hopkins Hospital is one of the renowned hospitals that is claimed to be providing the best services in the health care and service sector.
- U.S. Government Regulation and Product Safety The government makes use of a number of agencies to regulate product safety in the country. The proceedings to be taken in the event that the laws are violated are also stated.
- Material of Safety Rolling Specifying the shape limits the option of material and process, similarly, specifying the process restricts the materials to be used and the types of shapes they form.
- Theories of Occupational Health and Safety One of the significant developments in the study of occupational health and safety was the shift from concentrating on the measures put in place by employers to the role of the employees in the safety […]
- Safety Attributes: BMW v. Mercedes-Benz On the contrary, the correlation of the ErBr and the EsBs indicates that a given percentage of consumers would prefer BMW to Mercedes-Benz on reliability and viability grounds.
- Should the employer’s responsibility with regard to safety be “absolute”? In conclusion, it is possible to note that now people acknowledged that the employer should be responsible for the employees’ health and wellbeing.
- Aviation Safety: Maintenance and Inspection Presently, the increase in the number of accidents due to poor maintenance and inspection is a major concern to many stakeholders.
- Safety of Birds in Confinement The most common cage material for outside cages is galvanized caging wire that is produced in sheets and cut to form the appropriate cage size for the bird or birds to be housed.
- Risk and Safety Management of the nuclear industry This is due to the need to ensure reliability of plants even as growth of the industry increases and the acknowledgement that the safety culture not only lowers the costs incurred in maintenance of safety […]
- Contribution of Occupational Health and Safety to Human Resources Environment Management Occupational health and safety is an integral part of the proper functioning and running of an organisation since it affects the employees’ level of performance and their overall conduct in their areas of work.
- OSHA recommendations regarding workplace safety In this situation, organizations are morally obliged to engage immigrant employees in workplace safety training that fits in their cultural conditions and teaches them the basic safety rules in their native language.
- Health and Safety in Organizations The essay covers those aspects that contribute to the safety and health of employees as well as those that are a threat to the safety and health of the people at the workplace.
- The Governmental Role in Food Safety The government has the mandate to supervise the overall procedures that are undertaken for food to be made from the farms to the shelves.
- Safety of Silver’s Gym The issues that must be addressed in the report include the need for the appropriate safety measures at the gym, including availing of an automated external defibrillator.
- Safety Culture Development through Effective Leadership and Management The continuity of the safety standards is the most challenging aspect in the maintenance of a safety culture within an organization.
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act 2000 The Occupational Health and Safety Act 2000 is founded on international labor laws that require that employees should be protected from unhealthy and unsafe working environments; in Section 8 of Part 2, division 2, the […]
- Social Constructionism and Its Impact on Cultural Identity in a Society Ruled by a Strong Rhetoric of Risk and Health and Safety Regulations These include social constructionism, namely the development of this theoretical framework and how it relates to the view of the self using accountability as an example; the rise of the dominant discourse on health and […]
- Implementation Scenarios for traffic safety in Oman Certain problems may arise in the process of implementing these provisions by the government to the people of Oman to improve traffic safety.
- Amount of Safety Stock to be carried for Goldfield’s Electronics Although the inter-modal method of transport GFE has been using is a cheaper one, the meeting held between the Inventory Management Group and the supplier of GNCD10GB revealed that this method has been slower and […]
- Nature of the Traffic Safety Problem in Oman How severity is strong may be a contentious issue because such problem definition is crucial in capturing agenda of the media and public official.
- The Royal Oman Police’ Traffic Safety Websites such as the Salim and Salimah ‘Safe and Sound Road Safety’ rules, the royal Oman police traffic safety and social websites like the Traffic Safety Oman Facebook page have acted as tools to show […]
- “The safety man cometh: Professional Safety” by Mundy, R. D. A safety man was in charge of recording accidents in the company that were to be handled by relevant insurance companies as well as appropriate government agencies.
- Using Taxes to Address Traffic Safety Problems in Oman If this form of tax is properly applied it can generate money for the government which can be used to address traffic problems and eventually reduce the number of accidents in the country.
- Hospitals Aim to Keep Older Nurses on the Job by Increasing Safety In the case of physical labor, there is a shift of duties from the nurses to the team that is specifically designed to carry out such tasks as lifting and moving the patients.
- U.S. Ports: Safety and Emergency Management Despite the tremendous efforts in the field of port security, U.S.ports remain vulnerable to the threat of the terrorist attacks due to the complexity of their functional systems and the wide range of stakeholders responsible […]
- Safety Management Plan The main purpose of Safety Management Plan in any organization is to provide the organization with strategies, measures that permits organizations to be able to consistently identify and manage health and safety risks, and reduce […]
- Integrated Safety Management System However, ISO 14001 is biased towards the protection of the environment and while there are many constraints as a result of the merger of these two systems, the addition of ISO 9001 further complicates the […]
- Concept Development in Transport Safety In most cases, width of the road is similar to the length of the bump that leads to entire road coverage.
- Health and Safety Boards It was the responsibility of the Health and Safety Committee to ensure that all departments comply with the requirements of the OHS at the workplace.
- Construction Safety in Latino Community The study seeks to: Examine the prevailing status of construction safety and accidents among male workers in the Latino community, especially in the construction industry.
- Occupational Health: Safety and Human Resources Law Providing important facets of the case, Mendelson, discussed important matters concerning the employer’s negligence and circumstances leading to reasonable ‘Foreseeability’ in the case of ‘psychiatric injuries’ in the workplace.
- Fire Safety in the Health Care System Automatic fire alarm systems have either smoke or heat detectors that sense the presence of the smoke and heat respectively and sound the alarm to alert occupants to evacuate.
- Construction Safety and Accidents in Latino Community The study seeks to: Examine the prevailing status of construction safety and accidents among male workers in the Latino community, especially in the construction industry. The purpose of this study is to examine the issue […]
- “Safety, Accidents, and Investigations: Be Prepared for the Unexpected” by Robert Battles This is one of the pitfalls that should be avoided. This is one of the recommendations that can be made.
- Safe Working Conditions in the Construction Industry The OSHA system was set up to address the safety conditions for the rising number of injuries and death at places of work in the construction industry.
- Workers Safety: Protecting Welders From the Hazards of Poisonous Gases and Other Dangers Persons in charge of safety at manual welding workstations need to set up a number of measures to protect the safety of workers.
- Plant Safety Issues Relating to “Heat Exchange Rupture and Ammonia Release in Houston, Texas” A Summary of the Events that Resulted into the disaster and the Measures that could have helped to prevent the Explosion Goodyear applies pressurized ammonia as a coolant in the chemical process of the manufacture […]
- Bisphenol A: Addressing Safety Concerns The temperature at which the product is stored determines the degree of the leakage of BPA into the food. The impact of BPA affects even the unborn and this is likely to lead to the […]
- Marketing Plan for Safety Systems Technology In the process, the company hopes to position itself to tap into the corporate and household markets in the same stride.
- The Safety Man Cometh Following the change of ownership in the company, the new management introduced several healthy and safety initiatives through systematic management of health and safety issues in the company.
- Mattel, Inc. and Toy Safety The essay also describes the best practices towards improving the safety of children’s toys. Government regulators should use the most appropriate strategies in order to ensure the safety of children’s toys.
- “The Link Between Fire Research and Process Safety” by Cadena and Munoz The authors wanted to “understand the connection between FSE and PS and their applications in different fire systems”. The “joint application of FSE and PS can make it easier for engineers to understand the safety […]
- Employee Health and Safety at Goliath Gold Mine In order to reinforce the same, supervisors and employees should sign the work contract with a clear knowledge of the principles of the code of ethics.
- Quality Indicators of Patient Safety The authors of the article “A Trend Analysis of Quality Indicators of Patient Safety in the Clinical Laboratory over 21 Months” focused on evaluating the quality indicators used during the pre- and post-analytical phases in […]
- Safety Culture in Aviation However, safety culture, in the production context, is a product of the integration of values and norms within the organization, which translates to commercial gains.
- CookSafe Food Safety Management Audit The audit also highlights some of the major problems hindering the application and effectiveness of the CookSafe system. The suitability of HACCP in food safety management is made apparent in the wide scope of the […]
- Managing Occupational Health and Safety: A Multidisciplinary Approach However, it is indeed worthy to ensure that management systems are structured and efficient in such a way that the occupational safety and health of workers are guaranteed.
- Organizing the Fire Safety Centre for Children The headquarters of the organization will be in Chicago, Illinois and have a centre in the same city. The vision statement of the organization will be, “To offer the society an alternative parent so as […]
- Importance of System Safety Broadly, the ability of an organization’s structure to adapt to change may be a success factor in the implementation of the system safety process.
- Evidence for the Safety and Efficacy of Metal-on-Metal Hip Prosthesis: Sufficient or Insufficient? The researchers concluded that in the overall sense, their review of the performance of Metal-on-Metal arthroplasty gave an encouraging picture. The researchers wanted to investigate the possible role of metal hypersensitivity in the etiology of […]
- Aircraft Inspections for Safety and Reliability A significant part of inspections at the Honolulu Airport is the use of checklists which list the parts that will be inspected and the steps to be undertaken.
- Elements of Project Management: Workplace Health and Safety, PPE, B2B Marketing However, I was not able to balance the ability to oversee and proactively supervise the project since the risk mitigation was in the hand of the project supervisor.
- Risk Assessment and Safety Planning Depending on the type and texture of a floor, it is important to ensure that floors are free from any objects that may lead to incidences like tripping over.
- Safety-Related Standards of Emergency Services Consequently, therefore, it is correct to state that the requirements found in Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, which is the OSHA regulations, are mandatory in law while many of the NFPA standards […]
- Safety and Health Program Development and Management Recordkeeping and analysis of hazard Records on injuries and illnesses affecting employees should be maintained and the summary posted in a particular month to enable the organization to track the information accurately and take the […]
- Safety of Chinese Imports The Chinese milk scandal is a clear illustration of the problems that importation of contaminated Chinese food products poses to the American market. This may necessitate them to raise the price of food products.
- Ferco Company’s Quality, Safety, and Human Resources The experts in the department interpret the production drawings and rectify the inaccuracies, including the geometry verification of the drawing and supplying the same to the personnel.
- Protection: Housekeeper Safety and Injury Prevention This paper has established that the duty to reduce injuries and increase safety in housekeeping is a shared responsibility between individual housekeepers and their employers.
- Management: Responsibilities for Health, Safety and Security It is the duty of employers to ensure that employees are aware of their health and safety rights as well as responsibilities.
- Scientific Research: Safety and Dignity of Subjects In their turn, the regulations should be aimed at protecting the life, health, and privacy of subjects who put trust in the integrity of researchers. This is one of the pitfalls that should be avoided.
- Food Safety and Its Application The realization that low temperatures slow down the growth of microbes and the process of food spoilage led to the invention of refrigeration.
- Public Safety and Marijuana Legalization Some of the states have failed to tax marijuana. Hence, it is difficult to get the precise figures in terms of tax values that states could collect from marijuana.
- Safety Engineering Additional Course The Ten-Week schedule proposed in the paper is based on the contents of the textbook selected for the course and designed to cover all the most important aspects of Safety Engineering.
- Airline Safety: the Crash of Colgan Air Flight 3407 In particular, they did not adequately respond to the activation of the stick shaker. At the time, when the crew managed to pull the plane out of the dive, the collision was already unavoidable.
- Older Drivers: The Age Factor in Traffic Safety The main points identified by the article are that older drivers make more mistakes as they age, as they cannot maintain the same reflexes they had in their youth.
- Employee Safety at the Beck Consulting Co. According to the company policy, those employees who leave the building last are supposed to lock the door to the office before leaving the building.
- Safety Management Systems in the Aviation Industry For this paper to be effective and achieve the purpose intended, the author is going to first outline the plans and procedures that the aviation industry is intending to put in place for the sake […]
- Military and Civilian Safety Management System The operation or workings of other related organizations such as the Occupation Safety and Health Administration will also be analyzed to ensure that the project proposal is in line with the laid down procedures.
- Australian Hardware Company Safety Management Systems WHS management systems are developed to guarantee the systematic control over health and safety issues in the workplace, and the effective WHSMS should include the policies and procedures appropriate for the concrete organisation.
- Space Exploration Aviation Safety: Challenger and Columbia Among the variety of accidents that take human lives in the sphere of aviation, the cases of Challenger and Columbia remain to be one of the most significant and influential.
- Zonk Aircraft Accident: Profits vs. Safety Carrying out audits and detecting the issues that require urgent maintenance, as well as conducting the above-mentioned maintenance procedures, is essential for not only the efficacy of the services provided by an airline company but […]
- National Transportation Safety Board and Aviation Industry During the formation, the NTSB comprised the majority of the Bureau of safety civil aeronautics board. It is also the role of the NTSB to assist in accident investigation in other countries.
- The Mass Production of Food: Food Safety Issue The development of the food industry regarding the mass production of food globally led to the discussion of the food safety and nutrition issues at the international level because the violation of the food safety […]
- Cruise Ship Tourism: Health and Safety Issues Australia, the Unites States of America, and the Caribbean region benefit a lot from the possibility to develop the cruise ship industry and attract the attention of many tourists.
- Space Tourism and Safety However, the safety of every space tourist should be prioritized in order to make the industry more sustainable. Governments and other agencies should implement new regulations in order to improve the level of safety.
- Safety Role in Space Tourism The space tourism industry is in its infancy and insurance companies have not yet developed policies and procedures to cover risks associated with it. In the case of space tourism, developing advanced tracking and navigation […]
- Aviation Industry: Safety and Security In this regard, the project’s information would be of benefit to all the stakeholders in the aviation industry. After that, the literature highlight measures to be adopted to ensure that the safety and security in […]
- Vehicle Impacts on Environmental Safety in Dubai The current data collection plan is aimed to assist the Dubai Municipality to conduct a survey on the impact of excessive vehicle use on traffic congestion and environmental safety in Dubai.
- Costco Company Management: Chicken Meat Safety The main benefit of this policy is that it can strengthen the loyalty of existing clients who will see that the company is genuinely concerned about the welfare of clients.
- Why Individuals Routinely Waste the Excessive Safety? Bartoska and Subrt present the assumption that despite the various measures that are implemented by a company to ensure that a project deadline can be met or that a project can be implemented smoothly with […]
- Legal Change in Public Safety Administration In 1970, the Congress enacted the Clean Air Act as the first significant federal environmental laws to ensure clean air. The law allows the Environmental Protection Agency to introduce the National Ambient Air Quality Standards […]
- Improving Aviation Safety in Africa Key stakeholders in the aviation industry, such IATA, ICAO and other regulatory bodies have recognized the need to enhance air safety in Africa.
- Helmer Scientific Company’s Safety Training The Helmer Scientific has remained accountable to the employee safety concerns within the boundaries of the OSHA and safety act requirements, through the New Hire Orientation-Safety Portion Training.
- Mrhb Car Safety Ltd Business Plan The market for drowsy driver detection systems is expected to grow at an average annual rate of 7% in the next five years. The vision of the company is to be the leading manufacturer of […]
- Child Safety Campaign in the United Arab Emirates Using the four phases of a PR campaign, the paper will identify the weak areas of the campaign and suggest suitable ways to improve it.
- Safety Management at Construction Sites in the UAE Safety management is the process that helps to define the principles of work and measure the processes to prevent different types of accidents and injuries that can lead to the negative outcomes for an organisation […]
- Civil Engineering Development: Safety & Diversity Nowadays, the development of civil engineering continues, including the involvement of women and minorities and the improvement of education, and the improvement of the safety of the constructions.
- Underwater Welding and Safety Measures In the past decades, the safety of the underwater welding practice has been put into question, thus prompting the need to address the issue. The purpose of this paper is to provide a detailed report […]
- Expatriate Security Training and Safety Program The preliminary overview of the literature on expatriate security and safety has demonstrated the lack of data on the preventive strategies that can be implemented to provide assistance to the female workers and thus further […]
- Consumer Product Safety Database’s Controversies The database was a response to the growing need for consumers to have information regarding the safety of products accessed by members of the public.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission’s Database The function describes the operations of agents charged with the responsibility of coordinating efforts in the firm with the aim of achieving the set goals in an effective and efficient manner.
- Nuclear Accidents and Safety Culture This research will focus on nuclear safety issues by looking at some of the major nuclear accidents and incidents around the world and what can be done to counter such accidents.
- The Northern Sea Route’ Safety Management The company discusses the opportunity to trade some of the vessels with the help of the NSR. The NSR is discussed as an attractive option to decrease the time spent in the voyage while comparing […]
- Safety and Consumer Protection in US Airline Industry This paper reviews and discusses one safety recommendation by the NTSB and one consumer protection by the Department of Transportation, with the view to demonstrating how safety and consumer protection issues are entrenched within the […]
- Health and Safety in Tight Gas Production Field How do Gas Companies ensure that their employees and the public in general are protected from the stated hazards from the time the discovery of the gas is made, to transportation through pipelines and finally […]
- Sunitinib Drug: Efficacy and Safety The incremental cost-effectiveness ratio for the use of Sunitinib as a treatment option is the ratio of the change in the cost for administering this treatment compared to other treatment alternatives to the change in […]
- Female Gun Ownership and Safety Issues A number of factors have contributed to this phenomenon, but top of the list is the need for women to protect themselves.
- Airport Security and Air Travel Safety The study was based on an evaluation of the evolution of airport security with respect to the general safety of this mode of transport.
- Safety Culture in the Maritime Industry The company’s concerns over the potential damage or loss of the three vessels and the cargo they carried at the time are thus valid, which forms the basis for the analysis of the company’s current […]
- Aviation Safety: Ground Accidents and Their Prevention To understand the difference and worth of direct and indirect costs, it is possible to imagine the iceberg because of which the Titanic sank.
- Employee Rights and Safety The employment-at-will doctrine is one of the worst employment laws that facilitate the development of a poor relationship between the employer and the employee.
- Internet Media Safety Application and Administration The development of internet media has eased the burden of communication and it has increased the number of people using the internet all over the world.
- Understanding Product Safety: Mattel and Toy Company The company could have ignored the retailer’s complaint by going on to distribute the toys to the unsuspecting customers. This recall was a costly venture that the company was going to meet, but above all, […]
- Takreer Company’s Industrial Safety and Defense Kuipers and Fabro maintain that it is imperative to have an industrial control system that guarantees the continuity of an enterprise in the event of a disaster or crisis.
- Patient Safety and Medical Errors Reduction The complexity and bureaucracy that comes with medical systems take up the greater share of the blame, and healthcare systems choose to allow the various organizations to device their mechanisms of dealing with the problem.
- The Coca-Cola Company’s Health, Safety, Wellness Audit The success of the Coca-Cola Company is supported by the fact that it ensures the safety of its employees, visitors to the premises and the public.
- Cyber Neighborhood and Customers’ Safety Another core aspect that should be highlighted is that it would be reasonable to enhance the level of safety of admin accounts.
- Safety of Humankind and Engineering Ethics According to the National Society of Professional Engineers, one of the key concerns of the latter must be the well-being of people and the environment in relation to the engineers’ work.
- Providing Safe and Healthy Work Environment Such training is imperative as the employees get to know the best practices that would minimize potential hazards and hence ensuring healthy and safety in the workplace.
- Patient Safety Systems Preventing Medical Errors In Australia, it is estimated that about 18,000 medical deaths are a result of medical errors and in Canada, it is estimated that about 9,000 to 24,000 patients die of preventable medical errors annually.
- Work Safety, Accidents’ Causes and Prevention
- Students’ Safety and Early Education Standards
- The Safety of Using Medicinal Marijuana for Pain Relief
- Health Promotions: Bicycles Safety
- Patient Safety and Risk Managment in the UAE
- Incarceration Rates, Crime Rates, Public Safety
- UAE Innovative Hospital Design for Patient Safety
- Ethics and Safety in Nursing Informatics
- Multitasking and Occupational Health and Safety
- Teamwork Role in Patient Safety Promotion
- Marketing, Product Safety and Intellectual Property
- Aspen Hills Inc.’s Food Safety and Quality Issues
- Aviation Safety and Australian Corporate Plan
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority Corporate Plan
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Safety and Health Standards in the Workplace
- Health and Safety Procedures in Business Environment
- Delta Airlines Flight 191 and Aviation Safety
- College Safety and Improvement Strategies
- Space Tourism, Its Safety and Barriers to Progress
- Health, Safety and Nutrition for the Young Child
- Volvo Trucks’ Driver Safety Seat Project
- Safety and Profits in Freight Logistics
- Heinrich’s Domino Safety Theory
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems and Safety Improvement
- Health and Safety Legislation and Compliance
- Disease Transmission, Pathogens, and Safety
- Religious Diversity’s Impact on Public Safety
- Excavation Systems’ Planning, Design, and Safety
- National Patient Safety Goals in Nursing Practice
- High-Voltage Power Lines: Safety and Cost Issues
- Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Medication Administration and Patient Safety
- Public Safety Leadership Styles and Tools
- Biohazards and Safety in Clinical Laboratory
- Workplace Safety Issues in the Mining Sector
- Psychological Safety in a Team Environment
- The Minnesota Alliance for Patient Safety
- Public Safety Decision-Making and Political Issues
- Strategic Program for the Employees Safety
- Theoretical Justification of Safety
- Priority Patient Safety Issues
- Workplace Health and Safety: The Protection of Employees’ Rights
- The Culture of Patient Safety in Hospitals
- Human Safety and All-Round Personal Protection
- Health and Safety Laws in the Oil and Gas Sector
- Communication Technology and Fire Safety
- Occupational Health and Safety: Accident Causation Models
- Unprofessional Behavior and Patient Safety
- Patient Safety in Hospitals
- Employees’ Safety and International Civil Aviation Acts
- Food Safety: Washing Contact Surfaces and Cooking
- Forest Hills Hospital: Patient Safety Improvement
- School Violence and Safety Measures
- Accreditation and Quality Tools for Patient Safety
- Higher Education Student and Campus Safety
- Food Safety at Introducing of New Meal
- Safety Concept in the Airline Industry
- Leadership for Quality and Safety in Health Care
- Threats to Patient Safety and Nursing Shortage
- Safety and Health Regulatory Problems
- Patient Care Quality and Safety in American Hospitals
- Ford Pinto: Measuring Safety
- Workplace Accidents, Diseases and Safety Policies
- Health and Safety for Road Workers in Queensland
- Workers’ Safety in Petrochemical Industry
- Windows Live Family Safety Tool for Home Protection
- Violence as Community Safety Issues and Solutions
- Safety in Elevators and Escalator Maintenance Contracts
- Food Safety and Health Violation at Workplace
- Alcoa Corporation’s Workplace Safety Practices
- Product Safety and Information Assurance
- Patient-Centered Care, Safety, and Risk Management
- Occupational Health and Safety and Workplace Accidents
- Safety Measures and Working Conditions
- Risk Management and Patient Safety
- Ethics and Decision-Making in Public Safety
- Public Safety and Communication
- Casa Vasca Restaurant’s Food Safety and Sanitation
- Safety Pyramid Theory: Myth or Reality
- Safety and Older Drivers Dilemma
- Occupational Hygiene and Safety
- Safety Engineering and Management Master Program
- ADNOC Distributions Service Stations: Safety Assessment
- Smart Tech Company’s Workplace Safety Rules
- Patient Safety and Change Implementation in Nursing
- National Safety Council and Its Website’s Analysis
- Aircraft Cabin Crew Safety and Health Policy
- Falls Prevention and Child Safety
- Cybercrimes Impact Personal Data Safety
- Nursing Safety and Quality Promotion and Standards
- VTI Group Mining and Minerals: Work Health and Safety Management System
- Financial Decision-Making in Public Safety Agencies
- Public Safety Finance: Challenges and Strategies
- Occupational Health and Safety Knowledge Dissemination
- Hospital Design and Safety Measures
- National Transportation Safety Board Accident
- Nuclear Power Plants’ Safety Strategy Implementation
- American National Patient Safety Goals
- Safety in the Modern World
- Public Safety: Qualitative and Quantitative Studies
- Public Safety Surveys by Local Security Agencies
- Driverless Cars and Safety Concerns
- Denver International Airport and Safety Concerns
- Runway Incursions and Safety in Aviation
- Wood Hockey Sticks vs. Composite Sticks: Safety and Quality
- Personal Concerns on the Daily Safety
- The Ras Laffan Emergency & Safety College
- RTC Training at the Ras Laffan Emergency & Safety College
- Nursing Informatics and Client Safety
- Patient Safety: Healthcare Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
- Telehealth and Its Impact on Patient Safety
- Depression & Patient Safety: Speak Up Program
- Traffic Safety Education and Ways of Improvement
- Guns and Violence: Safety vs. Civil Rights Organizations
- The Safety and Quality of Abortion Care in the United States
- The Ras Laffan Emergency and Safety College: Fire Safety Management Plan
- Safety Management Systems in Aviation
- Qatar Civil Defence: Health Safety and Environment
- 2022 World Cup: Safety Report
- Johns Hopkins Hospital: Enhancing Patient Safety
- Issues Surrounding Safety and Trust Discussion
- Food Safety and Regulations in China
- Electrical Safety and Hazards of Electricity
- Surgical Patient Positioning and Safety
- Workforce Issues and Patient Safety: Nursing Research
- Workforce Issues and Patient Safety in Nursing Profession
- Safety and Code of Ethics in Engineering
- Meat and Poultry Packing Job Safety
- 3D Printed Food and Utensils Safety
- Construction Safety on Demolition
- Synthetic Engine Oils: Safety, Health and Environmental Management
- Beef Industry: Nutrition and Food Safety Analysis
- Public Safety Jobs in the United States
- Laser Safety in the Perioperative Setting
- Healthcare Problems: Patient Safety and Nurse Retention
- Warehouse Safety and Occupational Health
- Falls Prevention and Patient Safety in the Elderly
- School Sport and Safety Controversy
- Safety and Health Regulations in Battery Manufacturing
- Fire Prevention: “Development a Statewide Fire and Life Safety Education Program”
- Occupational Health and Safety: The Need and Importance
- Toxicological Applications: Occupational Safety and Health Professional
- Role of Communication and Teamwork in Improving Patient Safety
- Safety and Quality: Food Contaminants and Adulteration
- Safety Assurance Network: How Toyota Makes Sure Safety
- Child Safety, Nutrition and Health
- Information Literacy in Public Safety Sector
- Optical Safety Systems and Safety Barriers
- Commercial Airline Safety and Security Standards
- Safety Issues and Harmful Effects on People at the Silresim Site
- Heartland International Airport’s Public Safety
- Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems
- Risk and Safety Management: Nuclear Life Cycle
- Buildings Under Construction: Safety Issues
- Fire Safety Strategy for Multi-Storey Buildings
- Sleep Disorders: Sleep Deprivation of the Public Safety Officers
- Independent Arts and Crafts Festival: Event Safety
- System Safety Engineering: Hazard Analysis
- Community Safety: Fire Among Migrant Workers Problem
- Connecting Moral Agency and Patient Safety in HCE
- Employee Health and Safety Values: Goodyear Incidence
- Apple’s Health, Safety and Wellness
- Patient Safety: Evidence Translation
- Pillars of a Safety Management System
- Kitchen Safety Assessment and Potential Corrections
- Runway Management and Safety
- Management of Occupational Safety and Health in Primary School in Libya
- Management of Occupational Health and Safety in Schools in Libya Tripoli
- The Role and Importance of Patient Safety
- Helping Business Behave Morally With Respect to Consumer Safety
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Testing the Safety of Water in Canada
- Existing Databases on Patient Safety, Quality of Care
- Patient Safety and Problems Associated With It
- The Problem of Food Safety and the Spread of Various Diseases
- Dental Information System Role and Potential on Patient Safety
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care
- Patient Safety Topics in Health Informatics
- Independent Food Safety Inspections in US Restaurants
- Food Safety Policy and Inspection Services
- Law: A Victim of Personal Integrity for the Safety
- Laboratory National Patient Safety Goals: Three Main Elements
- Job Evaluation of the HR Manager: Performance, Safety, and Professional Development
- Microplastic Soil Contamination in the Context of Environmental Safety
- Promoting Patient Safety and Quality
- Managing Risks for Those Working From Home and the Health: The Safety Adviser’s Point of View
- Virgin-Safety Provider App’s Product Performance and Sustainable Growth
- New Jersey: Prescriptive Practice Safety and Quality Assignment
- Safety, Health and Environmental Issues in Liquefying Methane From Algerian Natural Gas
- Qantas Airways: Cross Culture and Safety Management
- Legislations and Their Contributions to Football Safety
- Multi-Hospital Systems: Experience in Safety Net Hospitals
- Civil Engineering Assessment: Fire Safety in Buildings
- Medication Errors at Riyadh Military Hospital: Medical Safety and Quality
- Marine Surveying, Inspection and Safety Practices
- Risk and Safety Management: Workplace Safety
- Concepts of Flight Safety
- Safety, Communication, and Placement for the Older Adult
- National Patient Safety Goals: Overview
- Workplace Safety Accident: Possible Reasons and Prevention
- Road Safety in the Middle East and Gulf Countries
- Work Safety in the Turkish Forest Products Industry
- Public Safety and Privacy Analysis
- Public Safety Versus Civil Right
- Occupational Health and Safety: Case Foster’s Abbotsford
- Public Service Bulletin: Food Safety Issues
- Aviation Safety: Controlled Flight Into Terrain (CFIT)
- Transportation Law and Carrier Safety in the United States
- Contracted Airports and Their Safety Assessment
- Modern Navigation Systems and Safety
- Market Forces and Selling Safety
- The Safety Net Hospitals: Role and Functions
- Health Safety and Preparedness
- Target Population Selection: Regulating Patient Safety
- Employee and Guest Safety and Security in the Hospitality Industry
- The Importance of Food Safety in Live
- The Role of the Leader in Evaluating Data to Improve Quality and Safety
- Quality and Safety Education for Nurses
- Safety for Patients During Night Shifts
- Safety and Risk Management in Health Care Organizations
- Prioritizing Safety and Enhancing Nurses’ Proficiency
- Health and Safety Considerations in Use of Technologies in Health and Social Care
- The Food Industry as a Threat to Public Health and Food Safety
- Positive and Negative Road Furniture Contribution on Road Safety in the United Kingdom
- Safety in the Area of Nursing Care
- Nursing Safety: The Prevention of Patient Injuries
- Nurse’s Perspectives on Medication Safety in Critical Care Units in Saudi Arabian Hospitals: A Pilot Study
- Manual Patient Handling Transfers Threaten Nurses’ Occupational Safety
- Pool Safety Industry in the United Arab Emirates
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Bicycle Safety and Helmet Use Study: Sampling Issues
- Bicycle Safety and Helmet Use in Nursing Practice
- The Nursing Safety: Fall Risks
- Patient Safety Report: IT Innovations as an Impediment
- Understand Health, Safety and Risk Management Codes
- Legal Aspects of Nursing Regarding Patient Safety
- Occupational Safety and Health Act: Source of Funding and Future Changes in Its Operation
- National Safety Goals: The Christine Lofthouse Case
- Nursing Workload and Patient Safety
- How Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 Affects Business
- Patient Hospice Safety Plan for a Hospital-Acquired Pressure Ulcers
- Radiation Reduction and Safety for Patients
- The Vaccines in Children: Level of Safety
- The Vaccine Safety Promotion Project
- Food Safety Policy for a Music Festival
- Food Safety in the Modern World
- Patient Safety: Improving Strategy
- Fundamentals of Occupational Safety and Health
- Food Safety and Information Bulletin
- Positive Parenting Tips for Young Child’s Safety
- Fire Safety Strategy for Burj Khalifa
- Bike Safety: Purposes of Nursing Research
- Safety Issues Related to Patient Identification
- Bike Safety: Evidence-Based Nursing Research
- National Patient Safety Goals in an Institution
- Healthcare Quality and Safety in Practice
- Amazon’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Cyber Threats: The Safety of Individuals
- Improving Worker Safety in Global Supply Chains
- Safety and Hand Hygiene in Clinical Settings
- Outpatient vs. Inpatient Care Infection Rate and Safety
- Emergency Action Plan: Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Children Safety Considerations Table and Checklist
- Electronic Health Record and Patient Safety
- Evolving Safety and Music Venue Protocols
- Radiation Safety Protection Analysis
- Injury Control: Enhancing Car Seat and Seatbelt Safety
- Air Quality and Infant’s Safety
- Incorporating Effective Team Collaboration to Improve Patient Safety
- Railway Block Safety Systems: Process Description
- Quality and Safety of a Healthcare Entity
- Wildlife Conservation and Food Safety for Human
- Ethical and Safety Issues of Stem Cell-Based Therapy
- The 2019 National Patient Safety Goals
- Optimizing Pressure Ulcer Risk Assessment Tools to Increase the Patient Safety
- Concepts Health and Safety
- Workplace: Health and Safety Acts
- Patient Safety in Medication Administration and Nurses’ Professional Boundaries
- Communicating Safety and Health Training in the Workplace
- Patient Safety Culture Among Nurses in Saudi Arabia
- 2021 National Patient Safety Goals
- Applying Quality Improvement to Drive Patient Safety: Case Study
- Medication Administration Safety
- Quality Improvement & Safety in Health Care
- Patient-Centered Care, Risk Management, and Patient Safety
- Safety in Heat: United Arab Emirates
- Fiji Nursing Leadership’s Impact on Patient Safety
- Health & Safety & Insurance: Risk Management
- Hairdressing and Nail Salons in the UK: Health and Safety Inspection
- Researching the Patient Safety Issues
- Nuclear Physics: Health & Safety Aspects
- Airport Safety and Security Report
- Nursing Role in Client Safety as a Public Health Issue
- Safety Score Improvement Plan for St. Vincent Rehabilitation Center
- Irish Aviation Safety Management and Strategies
- The Irish Aviation Authority Safety Regulation Division
- Food Safety and Organic Growing in the USA
- The New York City Transit Subway Safety System
- Safety Precaution in Hospital for Patients and Nurses
- Diuretic Patient Management: Real-World Evidence for Medication Safety
- Risk Management and Aviation Safety
- London Bombings of 2005 and Transportation Safety
- Integrated Process Control and Space Flight Safety
- Safety Assessment of Congonhas Airport
- Fire Safety: Key Principles and Measures
- Importance of Safety of Patient in Nursing
- Workforce Safety in Connection to Patient Safety
- “Quality and Safety Education for Nurses”: The Project Analysis
- Safety Improvement Plan: Pneumonia Patients Care
- Patient Safety Policy, Stakeholders, and Ethics
- Preserving Food Hygiene and Safety
- Safety Issues and Challenges in Clinical Settings
- Guaranteeing Safety in Youth Mental Medical Services Centers
- Aeon Company and Environmental Safety
- Health and Safety of Migrant Farmworkers in Canada
- Evaluation and Improvement of the Automotive Safety
- Monk Fruit Sweetener: Safety, Properties, and Usage
- Universal Safety Standards in Culturally Diverse Environment
- Basic Concepts in Patient Safety
- Social Sciences: Car Safety Being Made for Men
- The Quality Improvement of Quality and Safety Education for Nurses
- Root-Cause Analysis (RCA) and Safety Improvement
- Description of the National Patient Safety Goals (NPSGS)
- Telehealth Technology: Impact on Patient Safety and Outcomes
- Safety Management System: Airport Ramps in the UAE
- The Musculoskeletal System: Safety With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Air New Zealand Cargo Handlers Department Safety
- Air Traffic Controller Shiftwork and Aviation Safety
- The American Red Cross: Impact on Public Health Safety Improvement
- Concept of Leadership and Safety
- The Amazon Warehouse Facilities and Safety Hazards
- Position on Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
- Food Safety Modernization Act and Its Importance
- Organizational Culture for Safety in Healthcare
- What Is an Example of a Safety Issue?
- What Are the Five Types of Safety?
- What Are the Common Safety Issues That We Should Be Aware Of?
- What Are the Safety Issue in a Workplace?
- What Is Risk in Safety and How to Avoid itIt?
- What Are the Top Three Health and Safety Risks?
- How Important Is Safety for Mental Health?
- How Do You Manage Safety Risks?
- What Is Accident in Safety?
- What Is Personal Safety and What Issues It Can Have?
- How Do You Maintain Safety in the Workplace?
- What Are the Safety Tips for Construction Workers?
- What Are the Four Areas of Safety?
- Why Is Safety at Work Important?
- What Are Benefits of Safety?
- What Is the Full Meaning of Safety?
- What Is Safety Policy and What Are Its Effects?
- What Are the Fire Safety Guidelines?
- What Is the First Rule of Fire Safety?
- What Is the Importance of Web Safely?
- Who Is Responsible for Air Safety?
- What Are the Online Safety Rules?
- What Is a Safety Precaution and How It Works?
- What Are Aviation Safety Rules?
- Why Is Internet Safety Important?
- Chicago (N-B)
- Chicago (A-D)
IvyPanda. (2023, February 2). 520 Safety Essay Topic Ideas & Examples. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/safety-essay-topics/
IvyPanda. (2023, February 2). 520 Safety Essay Topic Ideas & Examples. Retrieved from https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/safety-essay-topics/
"520 Safety Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." IvyPanda , 2 Feb. 2023, ivypanda.com/essays/topic/safety-essay-topics/.
1. IvyPanda . "520 Safety Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." February 2, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/safety-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . "520 Safety Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." February 2, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/safety-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . 2023. "520 Safety Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." February 2, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/safety-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . (2023) '520 Safety Essay Topic Ideas & Examples'. 2 February.
- Public Safety Research Ideas
- Fire Safety Ideas
- Aviation Safety Research Ideas
- Crime Prevention Research Topics
- Gun Control Titles
- Civil Disobedience Essay Topics
- First Aid Research Topics
- Occupational Health Paper Topics
- Child Welfare Essay Ideas
- Health Promotion Research Topics
- Quality Control Research Topics
- Insanity Defense Questions
- Distracted Driving Essay Ideas
- Workplace Health Essay Topics
- Internet Privacy Essay Topics
Essay Home Safety
Children believe that their home is the safest place on Earth, where they feel comfortable and secure. While this is true to a great extent, we must not overlook the fact that home can also turn into a dangerous place for them. Through the essay home safety, we can see how a home can be a risky place for children and thus understand the importance of home safety.
If you are thinking about what makes a home unsafe for children, just imagine how it would be if your little ones’ fingers were deeply cut by a knife or the cooker blasted on their face because they were curious and wanted to listen to the whistle and they open it before the pressure is gone. Even the thought of harm coming to our kids will disturb us, and that is why we need to ensure home safety. This short essay on home safety will delve more into the topic.
Importance of Home Safety
It is difficult to contain the excitement of children and restrict their movement inside our homes. Children are normally hyper, and the more we try to control them, the more they get out of our control. In such instances, we can see them climbing the window or sliding down the staircase rails, and we know how dangerous it can be if they slip and hit their heads. We never want anything bad to happen to them, and this is why home safety is given due importance in the essay home safety.
Children could also easily get hurt by the tools in the house as well as get a shock from electricity . Likewise, many instances emphasise the significance of home safety. It is our ignorance that leads to such accidents, and we can prevent them if we are a little careful. All things in our home are familiar to our kids, but they never understand the dangers behind these. So, it is upon us to make our homes safe for our children, and this short essay on home safety will tell you how.
Safety Rules at Home
The essay home safety will share the basic measures to keep your children safe at home. Most of the accidents could be prevented through our supervision, and we can make our homes a safe place for them.
While it is impossible to stop our children from playing and jumping, it is advised to keep sharp objects away from them and keep the floors dry and clean. They tend to inspect the small medicine bottles or chalks lying in the corner, so try to stack them on a separate shelf that they cannot reach. Otherwise, they might end up drinking the rat poison and cause harm to themselves. Even while working in the kitchen, do not put away the cutleries or knives carelessly. Also, keep the matchboxes and lighters at a height so that they never attempt to light them and accidentally cause a fire.
Apart from ensuring home safety through these simple steps, we can install alarm systems in our homes as they will warn us of any troubles. So, it is crucial that we educate our children and ourselves about home safety through this short essay on home safety from BYJU’S.
Frequently Asked Questions on Essay Home Safety
Is it necessary to maintain home safety.
Although we consider our home to be a safe place, there are many dangers in it, and children hurt themselves. So, to prevent such mishaps, it is essential to follow some home safety measures.
What is the importance of essay home safety?
The home safety essay will be useful for parents and children to know about the possible dangers in their homes and how to tackle them effectively.
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Your Mobile number and Email id will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Request OTP on Voice Call
- Share Share
Register with BYJU'S & Download Free PDFs
English Essay on “Safety” English Essay-Paragraph-Speech for Class 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 CBSE Students and competitive Examination.
Accidents can take place anywhere and at any time but most of the accidents are caused by carelessness and can be prevented.
Habits of safety should be practiced at all times at home, school, while crossing a road and while swimming and playing games.
Road accidents are very common and many people get killed because they do not follow the rules of the read. You must always walk on the pavement or the footpath. Always cross the road at the pedestrian crossing only. Watch both the sides of the road before cross. Make use of the subways wherever possible.
Fire is very useful to us in our everyday life but it is also the cause for many accidents. Charcoal fire, kerosene gas or electric stoves are used in the kitchen to cook our food. But one has to be careful while cooking in the kitchen so that no accident may take place. If the electric equipment’s like stoves, kettles and heaters are not in good working order, they may cause fire. One should not go too close to the lire or blow the fire by mouth.
Nylon or other synthetic clothes should not be worn while working in the kitchen as they catch fire easily. Before leaving the kitchen gas, kerosene or electric stoves should bra turned off. The coal fire should also be put out when it is not used.
Electricity is used more and more in our homes for cocking, lighting, heating and cooling. All the electrical equipment’s should be carefully used otherwise they will be dangerous in case they are defective.
Electric wires should not be touched nor children allowed to handle electrical appliances. The wiring of the house and all electrical appliances should be checked. from time to time to make sure that they are in good working order.
All children enjoy playing games but they should not get hurt on the play ground. They should not be allowed to play rough games. The play ground should be kept free from sticks, nails, glass pieces and other rubbish. One should not play with sharp instruments or fire.
So also in the house, glass articles, knives, scissors, nails and needles should be kept out of the reach of the children. All medicines and poisonous things should be kept inside, locked up cup boards so that children may riot take them by mistake.
English Essay on “The Greatest thing in the World” for School, College Students, Long and Short English Essay, Speech for Class 8, 9, 10, 12 and Competitive Exams.
English essay, paragraph on “helping out at grandparents’ house” essay in 250 words for classes 8, 9, 10, and 12 students., essay on “election reforms vs india democracy” for kids and students, english essay, paragraph, speech for class 8, 9, 10, 12, college and competitive exams., about the author, absolute-study.
Hindi Essay, English Essay, Punjabi Essay, Biography, General Knowledge, Ielts Essay, Social Issues Essay, Letter Writing in Hindi, English and Punjabi, Moral Stories in Hindi, English and Punjabi.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Essay on Road Safety for Children and Students
Essay on Road Safety: Road Safety in today’s context is the most significant issue which relates to the safety of public on road. Millions of lives are lost annually throughout the world due to road accidents, resulting in huge loss of finance and resources for individuals as well as for the nation. Every year governments throughout the world spend billions on the treatment and welfare of accident victims and their rescue, if they are lucky enough to make it alive. There is an urgent need to make people more aware about road safety precautions and why they matter so much. Strict laws must also be implemented to enforce road safety norms.
Long and Short Essay on Road Safety in English
Road safety is a most common and important topic and has been added to various fields like education, social awareness, etc in to order to bring more awareness in the public especially new age group people.
Register to Get Free Mock Test and Study Material
Verify OTP Code (required)
Fill complete details
Target Exam ---
Students should be well recognized with this topic to fulfill following needs in their schools like making project, debates, attend quiz competition or essay writing competition.
We have provided here some paragraph and essay on road safety under various words limit according to the student’s need and requirement. They can select any road safety essay given below:
Road Safety Essay 1 (100 words)
Road safety is a safety measure to reduce the risk of road accidents and road side injury because of the mistakes of people while driving on the road. We cannot count the daily road side accidents and death of people because of the driving mistakes and lack of road traffic rules followers. Every person going on the road has risk of injury or death. Such as pedestrians, motorists, cyclists, passengers, etc.
Everyone needs to be well aware of the road traffic rules especially children and young people who are at significant road accident risks. According to the statistics (World Health Organization, 2008), it is found that most of the hospitalization cases and leading cause of death are because of the road trauma.
Road Safety Essay 2 (150 words)
Road safety is very necessary while being on the road and must know by all because road accidents are the leading cause of death. Everyone should learn the road traffic and safety rules at a very early age to perform safer behaviors in the later life. Following are the road safety rules:
- Everyone going on the road (especially drivers) must be to the left and let other vehicles pass on the opposite direction to pass.
- Drivers should be in slow speed while bending or turning on the roads.
- Take extra precaution while going on the over-crowded roads and road junctions.
- Bikers or people using two wheel vehicles must wear helmets of superior quality otherwise they should never go on the road without helmet.
- Speeds of the vehicles should be within the speed limit and slow especially in the areas of school, hospital, colony, etc.
- Every vehicle on the road should maintain the right distance among them to avoid collisions and accidents.
- Everyone using road should be well aware of the road signs and must follow rules.
- All the road safety rules and regulations must be in mind while traveling.
Road Safety Essay 3 (200 words)
As we all are well aware that road accidents, injury and death has been very common now-a-days. People not following the road traffic rules and road safety measures are the main cause of such accidents on the roads. We always hear in the news or by our friends about the road accidents because of the wrong side driving, lack of road safety rules, measures, high speed, drunk driving, etc.
Government has made variety of road traffic and road safety rules for everyone using road for their safety and reducing the number of daily road accidents. We should follow the all the rules and regulations such as practicing defensive driving, using safety measures, maintaining speed limit, understanding road signs, etc.
Road safety risks have been increased because of the driver distraction due to the use of cell-phone or other electronic devices while driving. In such cases, traffic laws and rules helps us a lot to keep away from the road accidents and injury. Road safety measures are the tools can save from the expensive traffic fines, serious offences, removal of driving licenses, etc. Pedestrians also know the rules of walking on the road like proper use of crosswalks, use of zebra crossing, etc.
Road Safety Essay 4 (250 words)
Road safety is the prevention and protection of road accidents by using all the road safety measures. It is to secure people while traveling on the roads. It is to make safe all the road users such as pedestrians, two-wheelers, four-wheelers, multi-wheelers, and other transport vehicle users. Practicing road safety measures is very good and safe to all people throughout their life. Everyone should respect others while driving or walking on the road and take care of their safety.
Importance of Road Safety
People safety on the road is one of the most important aspects in order to avoid road accidents, injury, and deaths. We can judge the importance of road safety on the basis of national statistical data about total reported accidents and deaths. The data shows that almost 42% cases involve pedestrians and one way road users.
Methods of Road Safety
There are various methods of creating awareness among common public such as seminars, workshops, students education by adding basic road-safety lessons to syllabus, make people aware about green cross code i.e. stop, look, listen, think and then cross, understanding of road signs etc. Following road safety tips could help to protect all the road problems. Some effective measures of road safety are like basic awareness about vehicle, defensive driving according to weather and road conditions, following traffic rules, wearing seat belts, avoiding over-speeding, awareness programs etc.
Road safety is very important nowadays as there has been too much of increase in vehicles on road and it becomes crucial that we follow the traffic rules and laws and save ourselves and our families from road accidents. Also making other people aware of road safety rules could make our roads safe.
Road Safety Essay 5 (300 words)
Road accidents have become very common due to the vehicle collisions and ignorance of proper road safety measures. The number of deaths is increasing due to the motor vehicle collisions by the people ignoring road safety rules. All the roads are busier for full day where vehicles are running in their high-speed. People in the modern world are used to their personal transportation which increases traffic on the roads. Under these conditions it is very important for everyone to be safe on roads and to follow all the traffic rules and regulations.
How to avoid road accidents
Everyone should undergo a complete driving course under the guidance of an authorized instructor before starting to drive on the roads. Road safety measures should be added in the school curriculum so that students can get complete knowledge on traffic regulation. Most of the road accidents occur because of incomplete knowledge about operating vehicles and lack of road safety measures.
Use of old vehicles on road is also a cause of accidents, so it is very important to get the vehicles checked for fitness on a regular basis. Proper and timely service of vehicles also helps to reduce road accidents. All the drivers should thoroughly check their vehicles daily before start of any trip and if any issue is found it has to be rectified immediately.
Traffic accidents are a major cause of deaths in India and it has affected a huge number of families. Hence it becomes very important that everyone should strictly follow the traffic rules and should always drive safely with respecting the other people and vehicles on the road. We should avoid rash driving, drunken driving and jumping red lights. Wearing helmets and seat belts could highly reduce the number of causalities during an accident. A unison effort from each and everyone could definitely reduce the number of accidents and make our roads safer.
Road Safety Essay 6 (600 words)
Road safety is must to be paid proper attention by each and every person on the earth, whether using vehicles or not. Children and students are the most vulnerable group towards the road accidents, minor or major injuries and even death because of the lack of adult supervision. There should not be late in making children well aware about the road safety rules and measures in their early ages. It should be the duty of parents and teachers to teach them properly under their nice supervision.
Need of Road Safety Knowledge for Children
According to the statistics, it is found that there are most of the road accidents cases in which children are involved, so they are at high risk than other age group people. They need road safety knowledge and education from their early ages. It should be started from their home and schools by adding this subject to their syllabus. Some points are mentioned below proving the fact that why road safety is so important for kids and children:
- Children are children, no one can be sure about what they will do next at home or other crowded place especially road during traffic situation.
- Children become completely innocent, they cannot judge the vehicles speed moving on the road.
- Drivers also cannot recognize their mood to move on the road especially when they try to cross the road in front of the vehicle because of their small height.
- They cannot judge how often vehicles can come on the empty road.
- They can cross road from anywhere on the road because they have no idea about proper place to cross the road.
- They become fearful soon and do not understand what they should do when they see vehicles coming to their direction.
Road Safety Rules for Children
Following are some essential road safety rules play great role in protecting children from road accidents by making them responsible pedestrian on the road:
- Parents should teach their children to be extra attentive and look everywhere (left and right) before crossing the road street.
- Children should always cross the roads by holding hands of their elders or friends.
- They should never run on the roads, should not be in hurry or leaving parents hand and be calm.
- They need to be more cautious on the road without getting distracted by anything.
- They should be practiced by their parents to follow sidewalks only or always use left side on the roads where sidewalks are unavailable.
- They should be taught to only cross the roads at crossroads after seeing traffic signals for pedestrians.
- They must be aware of the meaning of colors (red means stop, green means go and yellow means also stop), traffic light basics and importance of traffic signs on the roads.
- They should use rear side of the passenger seat while getting out of a car or bus.
- Children should be taught to not to play on the roads or other places out of playing zone.
- They should wear helmet and use all the measures while riding bicycle on the roads by ensuring proper functioning of brakes, horns and steering.
- They should not use earphone or other music listening instruments while riding bicycle on the road.
- Parents may teach their children in better way by wearing seat-belts while driving a car or helmet while driving a bike anytime. Parents should follow all the road safety rules and road traffic rules while driving vehicle to establish good examples in front of their children as they are first example in the lives of their kids.
Road safety is very important for people of all age group to be safe and secure as well as reduce the number of road accidents and injury cases. So, everyone should strictly follow all the rules, regulations and signs of road traffic lights. Children should be well practiced from the end of their parents at home and get proper study by the teacher in the school.
Road Safety Essay – 7 (1000 Words)
“Road Safety” today is one of the greatest public health issues throughout the globe. Millions lives are lost annually because of fatality arising due to road accidents, and the clock is ticking constantly. “Road safety” cannot be undermined if the world wants to achieve goals of sustainable development, prosperity and growth. The issue concerns all types of road users – pedestrians, motorists, motorcyclists etc, as well as unauthorized road side vendors and other encroachers. In the following essay we will know the significance of “Road Safety” and how staying safe on road is imperative for a happy and healthy and prosperous life, of an individual as well as that of the nation.
What does “Road Safety” Means?
“Road Safety” refers to the safety of the user while using the road. There are defined rules and procedures to be followed while using the road and it’s mandatory to abide by them to ensure a safe transit. Such “Road Safety Rules” have been laid by the respective governments in order to ensure the safety of every road user. Traffic signals, sign boards, security cameras, dividers, foot paths are some of the tools to ensure Road Safety.
Road Safety Concern – Global Statistics
Global stats on Road Safety reveal large variations based on a nation’s population, economy and state of general public awareness. Developed countries ensure much better road safety through a large network of roads and precautionary measures. Contrastingly, the situation is grim in developing and underdeveloped countries.
Statistics reveal that approximately 1.5 Million lives are lost every year globally due to road accidents; more than 90% of which occur in under developed and developing nations. More than half of the figure constitutes of vulnerable road users like pedestrians, motorcyclists and cyclists.
Apathy towards road safety causes the death of maximum number of children and youth, than by any other cause. That is not all – nearly 20 to 50 Million people suffer non fatal injuries, often resulting in a permanent disability.
Road Safety – Importance
The importance of Road Safety cannot be undermined if the agendas of sustainable development are to be met. A fatal road accident results in a trauma not only for the victim, but also for his/her dependants and loved ones. On the other note, road crashes in most of the countries cost 3% of their overall Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
If a victim of a fatal accident is lucky to survive, he/she is most likely to have any kind of disability. Thus a road mishap is not only a strain on the victim’s financial resources but also on the nation’s as well; not to mention the emotional trauma to the dependents.
Therefore, appropriate measures must be taken to implement road safety and to ensure safe transit for every road user. Ensuring road safety is very important and must be prioritized by the governments as well as individuals.
Factors Compromising Road Safety and Counter Measures
There are various factors those compromise road safety. Driver’s behavior; apathy towards traffic rules; unruly behavior, negligence, road rage are some of the main factors compromising road safety. Below we will go through some of the main causes of road accidents-
1) User’s behaviour
A road is used by variety of users – pedestrians, motorcyclists, cyclists and motorists. An unruly driver compromises not only his own life but also the life of others. A driver, who jumps a signal, either habitually or unknowingly, could seriously kill or fatally injure pedestrian or other drivers. Even a careless pedestrian can bring doom upon himself and others. Any unruly behavior must be dealt with strictly to avoid it getting repeated. Imposing large fines on jumping signals and similar misconducts could bring down the number of road mishaps.
2) Unauthorized/Adolescent Drivers
Lack of driving experience is a prime cause behind the deaths of children and youths belonging to the age group of 15 to 25. In under developed and developing countries, licenses are issued to children below permissible age limit, violating the law. Such adolescent and unauthorized drivers tend to be unruly, risking their own life and also the life of others. Teenagers tend to over speed and violate traffic rules, just for sheer pleasure and false praises. Teach your children that driving before the permissible age is not only an offence, but is also life threatening. Report any underage driver to the authorities.
3) Drunken Driving
Drunken driving claims millions of lives globally. Low and middle income group countries are the worst affected. Alcohol impacts a driver’s behaviour and his ability to make judgments. A Drunken driver tends to me more unruly and uncontrolled on the road. All in all, alcohol weakens the necessary skills to drive, risking lives on road. Even a drunken pedestrian is a potential threat to his own as well as other’s safety. Strict laws and a policy of zero tolerance against drunken driving should be implemented in order to make the roads safer.
4) Avoiding Safety Gears
Not wearing helmet, avoiding safety belts causes maximum number of casualties resulting from a road crash. People either habitually avoid wearing safety equipments or do it on purpose, not realizing that it could mean all the difference between life and death. More than 90% casualties in a road mishap occur due to not wearing helmet or seat belt. Vehicle safety gears are the mandatory for road safety, and must be worn at any cost. There is a need to raise general awareness about the use of safety gears and their significance in saving lives. Wearing safety equipments while driving should be made mandatory and violators must be prosecuted strictly.
5) Poor Infrastructure
Poor infrastructure often results in road accidents and is a major factor compromising road safety. The numbers are greater in underdeveloped and developing nations. Uncompleted roads, road side construction, unfinished pavements, absence of foot over bridges are some of the infrastructural shortages contributing to road accidents. Relevant authorities should take measures to speed up any unfinished work, which concerns the safety of road users. Proper illumination and road signs must be provided on construction sites to avoid any mishap.
Road safety is a global public health issue and must be ensured by relevant authorities. Respective governments must take necessary policy and administrative measures to ensure as well as improve safety on roads. Better infrastructure of roads with sufficient illumination should be provided in order to ensure safety. Above all, there is a need for us to be concerned about our own safety and conduct while using the road.
- Slogans on Road Safety
- National Safety Day
- Road Safety Week
- Slogans on Safety
- Paragraph on Road Safety
- Speech on Road Safety
- Speech on Road Rage
- Essay on Road Accident
- Essay on Road Trip
- Essay on Road Rage
- Essay on Traffic Rules
Knowing how to write a college essay is a useful skill for anyone who plans to go to college. Most colleges and universities ask you to submit a writing sample with your application. As a student, you’ll also write essays in your courses.
In an essay about why one wants to become a teacher, one should write about their love of helping others learn. The urge to become a teacher is often backed by many noble feelings like commitment to the future, interest in community, love o...
Writing a perspective essay begins with choosing a topic, determining the thesis statement for the essay, choosing a specific point of view and backing up the essay with concrete examples, illustrations and questions.
safety #protection #preparestudies #handwriting #english #safetyfirst Write a short essay on Safety FirstWrite a short essay on Moon
Safety means protecting ourselves from any danger that may hurt us or endanger to our lives. Unsafe practice is a
It is important that you remain watchful and take common sense precautions so as crimes are prevented. Simple Precautions for Personal Safety Everybody wants to
It's true what everyone talks about safety – you are the key to your safety, when you do it safely you do it the right way and the best gift you can give to
So having safety is our first and foremost priority. Whenever we are at home or outside, we must remember about it. We must never hurry into
Safety is a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week job. Safety requires continuous education to bring awareness to the causes of accidents. Safety is an attitude, which
Answer: Accidents can be avoided if road rules are strictly followed and vehicles are well-maintained. Most importantly, drive within the speed
Looking for a good essay, research or speech topic on Safety? ... Safety Writing Prompts; Most Interesting Safety Topics to Write about
While it is impossible to stop our children from playing and jumping, it is advised to keep sharp objects away from them and keep the floors dry and clean. They
Road accidents are very common and many people get killed because they do not follow the rules of the read. You must always walk on the pavement
Road Safety Essay 2 (150 words) · Everyone going on the road (especially drivers) must be to the left and let other vehicles pass on the opposite direction to