Find out if your paper is original. Our plagiarism detection tool will check...
Wonder how much time you need to deliver your speech or presentation?
Don't know how to format the bibliography page in your paper?
Use this converter to calculate how many pages a certain number...
Want to know how well you've performed this semester?
Create a strong thesis statement with our online tool to clearly express...
3 Tips on How to Write a Descriptive Essay About a Mother: What and How to Write About My Mom?
While working on this type of essay, remember its main purpose – to appeal to the audience’s senses and evoke possible emotions. That is what examiners highly appreciate while reading descriptive essays. Below, you’ll be given more practical tips on how to write a descriptive essay on “My Mother”. First and foremost, read the descriptive essay sample and highlight the most relevant essay ideas for your own one.
Essay Sample – My Mother Is …
Everyone has different attitudes towards relatives, but, perhaps, mothers have a significant role for everyone. Isn’t it so for you? Look at what you can say about your mom! Without any doubt, my mother is the most important person in my life and the most powerful individual I know. She is very beautiful and has the kindest eyes that I have ever seen. She not only worked hard to ensure that I had a good upbringing, but was also very strict and often punished me whenever I went wrong. Even though I did not like the punishment then, I now look back and realize that it was meant to lovingly correct me and help me to follow the right path when growing up.
My siblings and I have always taken pride in the appearance of our mother, especially her lovely long hair. I remember whenever my mother came to visit us at school, other pupils would urge us to ask our mother to remove the pins from her hair so they could see the long well-kept hair. Even though I have seen very many beautiful people, very few ladies match the beauty of my mother.
Try a quicker way
One of the reasons that I and my siblings were especially fond of my mother is the way she used to take great care of us, especially when we were ill. She is a very knowledgeable lady who made a variety of home remedies to help take care of the minor illnesses that we had as children. Her motherly love also extended to the animals on the farm, especially the chickens. My mother would always check on the chickens and give them medicine whenever she determined that they had some ailment.
My siblings and I did not like to see our mother sad and would do just about anything to bring a smile to her face. Interestingly, even when she was very worried or sad about something, she would always smile to make us stop worrying about her. My mother not only loved those around her but was also compassionate. We often observed her compassion towards our neighbors, especially when a new neighbor moved in or when one of the neighbors was going through a hard time. My mother would sacrifice her time to go to a needy neighbor with a hot bowl of soup that would instantly make the neighbors feel appreciated.
My mother was a good cook who always left us looking forward to the next meal. She knew how to mix the right ingredients to end up with a meal that often left us licking our fingers. Just the memory of the foods that my mother prepared for us makes me salivate to this present day.
3 Tips on Writing a Descriptive Essay About a Mother
Since this is a description essay, one is expected to write about the unique attributes that make the individual or object being described special. In this case, you are going to write about your mother. How to write a descriptive essay on “My Mother”? Follow the next 5 tips and it won’t take long to see the great results:
- Focus on the unique characteristics of your mom. You should begin writing this essay by describing what your mother means to you and what unique characteristics make you have special thoughts and feelings about her.
- Write about what your mother does to be special for you. Don’t neglect the opportunity to explain what your mother does that makes you perceive her to be a special person in your life.
- Describe how your mother takes care of you. It’s a maternal instinct to make sure a child is safe and has the things he/she needs. So pay attention to this point of the description of your mother – it will reveal her personality as a mother considerably.
Don’t be afraid of writing a descriptive essay about your mother as a good essay sample and some useful tips are given to you. Just find time to sit down and write a good essay on your own.
- Writing Help
- Informative Essay
© 2008 - 2023 Writera Limited. All Rights Reserved.
- Writing help
- Essay writing service
- Free writing tools
- Essay writing app
- Essay writing book
- Student blog
Descriptive Essay About My Mother
MY MOTHER Has anyone ever asked you: “Who is most important to you”? To me the most wonderful mother in my life, no one can replace her in my heart. My mother, who is very nice and gentle, helps me and has always been there for me when I need her. My mother loves me very much. She is strict and educated me to become a good person. I can’t say how much love her. I am grateful to her because she gave me birth, brings me love and helped me grow up. But you know she just takes care of me a lot. Every day she tells me the same words. If you were me, you would feel very tired. I am a very happy child having my mother. I feel too tired to listen to her words, but imagine one day I don’t see her any longer and listen to her voice. What would I feel? …show more content…
In this essay, the author
- Opines that their mother is the most important person in their life. she is nice and gentle, helps them and educates them to become a good person.
- Explains that their childhood was not as fortunate as any other child. only their mother brought them up, the mother is the father.
- Narrates how their mother woke them up at midnight and made them fast food and orange juice for them to drink. it was never enough to speak of sacrifice and love of her.
- Opines that their mother was not only worried and take care of them, she always by their side when they needed her help.
- Opines that they loved their mother very much. they wanted to tell her: "mommy, i just always liked kids are in loving embrace, affectionate mother, the family."
My mother afraid of I was tired, she made me fast food and take an orange juice for me drink. Perhaps when people did not know the maternal typeface has shown enough full, shimmering like moonlight. Now on all communication media, art, mother image even more honored but it was never enough to speak of sacrifice and love of my mother for me. Also had repeatedly faulted, after her mother’s stern look, I still get a part on by the tips rustic. Each time, seems to me more mature and made a promise to never mistake again. Now, when I grows up, I will promise to mother to live well to able to reciprocate the thanks she taught me. My mother was not only worry and take care of me, she always by my side when I need her help. I felt sad, my mother always by my side to talk and to console. While I am glad, my mother is always been there to share and listen to me. When I failed to do something, my mother who was gave me advices. She has always supported me in all my choices. She tried to make me strong people with independent minds. I looks to her in hopes that someday I will be as happy, as strong and as well as
- Admits that they were the most critical of their mother in their formative years. they have gained a true sense of her and admire her in many ways.
- Opines that their mother is a hustler. she works hard and makes sure that she is paid accordingly. no-one tells her how much she will get paid.
- Opines that one should be able to enjoy the finer luxuries in life. it doesn't make one irresponsible, just your way of appreciating one's own effort.
- Narrates how they found the girl and analyzed her photos and couldn't deny the fact that she was pretty, which strangely made them sadder.
- Opines that charlene doesn't take no shit! and neither does her children. they say they are not afraid to speak their mind and will not accept anything less than they deserve.
- Opines that their mother isn't perfect, and she makes changes. she is always looking for opportunities to better herself, whether it be physically, financially, spiritually or mentally.
- Explains that the mother-daughter relationship plays an important role in determining who the daughter turns out to be as an adult.
- Opines that ruth's hatred of her mother’s grieving was what caused her to stick with her two taboos; not crying in front of others, and showing no reaction to pain.
- Analyzes how ruth's mother begged her to remember her father’s face when he died. books helped her learn about other cultures, times, and places and lost herself in her own world.
- Analyzes how jamaica kincaid's story the circling hand allows us to see how a mother socializes her daughter.
- Analyzes how the mother's personality and domestic skills rub off on the little girl, who became a writer.
- Explains that the young women in these three stories were exposed to many different people in their lives, but they were mainly socialized by their mother's.
- Narrates how ruth benedict grew up in a single-parent, extended family household. she was obsessed with the idea of death, and associated it with her father.
- Explains that ruth benedict's love of the bible stemmed from her grandfather, a baptist deacon, and the story of christ.
- Analyzes how catherine des roches compares her mother to prometheus but defines her in a better way.
- Analyzes how catherine des roches was trying to make a rarely made connection between mother and life in her letter.
- Explains that catherine des roches's mother was the body of the tree and that she was her support. once she no longer needed her mother’s support, she would be cut away.
- Opines that catherine des roches used mythological characters in her letter to amplify the point she was trying to make.
- Opines that roches, catherine des. "epistle to her mother." women writers of the renaissance and reformation.
- Analyzes catherine des roches' "epistle to her mother," which discusses the close and dear relationship between mother and daughter.
- Analyzes catherine des roches' reference to the olive tree in the oxford english dictionary as a gesture of friendship.
- Analyzes how james baldwin and tillie olsen's "sonny blues" and "i stand here ironing" focus on relationships between family members.
- Analyzes how the narrator's determination in "i stand here ironing" makes her struggle to support her family. she leaves emily frequently in daycare close to her neighbor, where she misses the lack of family support.
- Analyzes how the narrator's husband leaves emily alone at home, causing her to become weak and sick. the mother occupied taking care of her new daughter susana.
- Analyzes how the narrator's disapproval of sonny’s dream to become a musician stems in part from his view of musician in general.
- Analyzes how the narrator doesn't understand what motivates sonny to play music until the evening he accompanies him to performance.
- Narrates how he had made it his: that long line, of which we knew only mama and daddy. he was giving it back, so that, passing through death, it can live forever.
- Analyzes how the boy feels pride in his brother's accomplishments, and acts in good faith. his opinion evolves from disapproval and disappointment in a boy’s pipe dreams, to one of pride.
- Analyzes the conflict between family's relationships in "sonny blues" narrated by sonny’s brother and "i stand here ironing".
- Cites baldwin, james, beverly lawn, jack ridl, peter schakel, and olsen, tillie. "sonn'ys blues."
- Explains that their early childhood is filled with fond memories, especially with their mom and grandma. as they age, it gets harder to remember certain things as a child, such as piaget's preoperational stage.
- Narrates how they were devastated when their teacher gave them an assignment to complete their family tree. they wanted more information about their father, but didn't get them.
- Opines that the traumatic assignment shifted their emotional development and personality. they feel that their childhood didn't stop them from being successful.
- Explains the three main social theories of gender in the life-span development text. they recall that their mom encouraged them to be responsible and care for others.
- Opines that siblings develop social behaviors and help make us who we are today. some families have very close relationships with siblings and some don't.
- Explains that social, emotional, and cognitive developments play an important role in early childhood life. life experiences and how we react to the experience do make a difference in what kind of person we become.
- Opines that it was not their mother who made the greatest impact on their life, but someone who left their side at an early age.
- Narrates how a child's memory affects their decisions in life so strangely without ever realizing it. they used their father as an excuse to make bad decisions.
- Narrates how their downwards and turning point were caused by the same person their father.
- Narrates how they grew up feeling lonely and unloved after being abandoned at the age of five. years of disappointment led to them caring less in others desire.
- Narrates how they realized it was too late to think about what should've or could’ve been, because their baby boy was coming fast. they knew that this was not some video game or an april fool's joke.
- Narrates how they were in the deliver bed with a daze, going in and out of pain, and all they could think about was that they wanted the pain to stop.
- Describes how they felt the happiest feeling they had ever felt in their life. they were anxious and excited about becoming a mother.
- Describes how they became motivated to push in spite of the pain. holding their son's angelic body in their arms for the first time made them feel like there was anything else in the world that mattered.
- Narrates how the birth of their baby boy made them feel so complete, it was like he was the missing puzzle to their life. they smiled and said "chanse" because they knew that god had given them a second chance in life and gave them reasons to live and do better.
- Narrates how their son made them want to be a better person in life, because they wanted to make sure they could take care of him for the rest of their life.
- Opines that a mother's influence is one of the most important influences that one will ever come in contact with in their lives.
- Explains that their mother encourages them to grow educationally and mentally. she plans on going back to college to further her education in a few years.
- Opines that their mother displayed courage and hard work through all the difficult situations that have appeared in her life. she taught them to keep a positive mindset and encourage others to ensure they’re happy.
- Describes their mother's nurturing spirit as a big sister, niece, daughter, and great teacher. her kind and supportive spirit has helped them prosper in life.
- Opines that their mother has molded them into the humble individual they are today. even at the age of 17, many adults have praised them for being well-rounded, responsible, and mature.
- Opines that their mother has had a great impact on their life and for that she is greatly appreciated.
- Explains that they came from a small town in the suburbs of st. louis, missouri prior to becoming teenager. they attended decent elementary school and made good grades, despite mathematics not being their cup of tea.
- Explains that their mother was a flight attendant at the time for us airways. she was valedictorian of her high school class and had many extra-curricular activities to credit for.
- Narrates how their mother was diagnosed with cervical cancer at the time, so when she became sick, they had to become her aid.
- Explains that taking on these types of responsibilities on their mom's behalf was physically, emotionally, and psychological exhausting. the status quo within their household was starting to become less linear.
- Explains that despite everything going on in their life at the time, they continued to focus on their school work. they got good grades, were both a drama and choir student, and were active at their local church.
- Narrates how their seemingly perfect life came to a halt when they started 5th grade. they continued to do their best in school and that they did.
- Opines that despite not living to see the next day, they should continue to focus on getting good grades and hopefully attending college.
- Explains that losing a parent is hard, but with help from god and meditation, they slowly started to mentally heal from their trauma.
- Opines that knowing their mother, she was smart as well as a force to be reckoned with. she always wanted them to reach for their dreams and never give up.
- Opines that everyone has had achievements in their life, and behind those accomplishments is someone who has an impact on their lives. their mother is their greatest influence for several reasons.
- Opines that their mother's support alleviates much of the stress that comes along with making decisions.
- Explains that success comes from hard work, energy, dedication, and a support system. their mother is one of their biggest support systems and examples.
- Opines that their mother inspires them to do well in school because she was the only one in her family to go to college and graduate as a registered nurse.
- Concludes that they have been influenced by their mother to do well in school, and in life. she has taught them that in order to succeed, you need to have self-confidence, people who support and believe in you and be dedicated to what you are trying to accomplish.
- RESEARCH PAPERS AND ESSAYS
- ESSAY TOPICS
- PRESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES
- Joseph Robinette Biden
- Donald Trump
- Barack Obama
- States Ranked by Size & Population
- States Ranked by Date
Descriptive Essay About My Mother
Mrs. hickman family in homer's october sky.
Hickam, my mom is hard working, artistic and supportive. For example, my mom is always at all of my games, encouraging me to always try harder and do my best. My mom also helps me with getting things I need and keeping me updated with things that are going on with family. In addition to that, she makes sure my Dad is aware of what is going on with my game schedules, and makes sure he attends some of my games.
Personal Narrative: My Hispanic Mother
It is almost two in the morning, and we still have not been able to see her. Five days have passed by, and the presence of my mother was non-existent. School is out for the weekend; time to have fun and mess around and the sight of her brings a smile to our faces. The days fly by fast, and she goes missing once again.
The Night Waitress Analysis
Author – Lynda Hull is the author of the poem “The Night Waitress”. Hull had been developing an impressive career in Literature when she died in a car accident. She was influenced heavily by Hart Crane, she had allegedly memorized his poems, as well as jazz musicians. Hull taught English in many universities and also served as Poetry Editor for a journal.
Transformative Speech: My Mom's Cancer
2. She has such a positive attitude towards life and always smiles at everyone she sees in hopes to make someone’s day a little better. She was always known as the “cool mom” to my friends growing up because her presence makes the room ten times
Margot Lee Shetterly's Hidden Figures Analysis
In the United States of America, we all are familiar with the highly recognized and decorated White American Astronauts John Glen who contributed to America’s aeronautics and space program during its inception in 1958. However, until recently, most Americans were unaware that the masterminds behind one of the most significant event in our history were African-American women. The New York Times bestselling author, Margot Lee Shetterly documented this hidden truth to enlighten all Americans about the emergence and success of America’s aeronautics and space program. The purpose of Shetterly's book “Hidden Figures” was to bring to the forefront another hidden truth about African-American History and our significant contributions to American
Personal Narrative: My Parents Sabrina And Darren Hardnick
She is a successful mother of two, (Eric and Katrina). Having two children before the age 30 made her grow up faster. She had to put two others before herself so she had a big responsibility on both of her hands. Love found its way to my mom when she met a wonderful man named Darren, they got married in August 2003. “If I knew then what I know now I would have went to college and furthered my education” mom says. Even though she didn’t go to college, she inspires me to live the life she didn’t have the chance to live. My mother is the greatest impact in my life. Yes, you can say I’m a “momma’s girl”, I love my mother with all my heart. She is beautiful, loving, smart, and I would do anything to keep her happy and by my
Seaworld: A Personal Narrative Of My Life
When I was 10 years old this little movie named Free Willy came out. I fell in love with that movie. I actually cried when Willy jumped over that jetty and freed himself. I wanted Free Willy everything. By this time I haven’t been to Seaworld yet. I begged my mom to take me to Seaworld for my birthday. Seaworld was in San Diego which was two hours away. Anyway, my mom surprised me and took me to Seaworld for my birthday. I was the happiest 10-year-old ever. I was so fucking happy at Seaworld. Everything was just perfect until she took me to see the Shamu show. I’m watching Shamu and I told my mom that Shamu looks like Willy. All my mom had to do was tell me that it wasn’t Willy. That is all she had to do. My mom looked me dead in the eye and
Perseverance In The Glass Castle By Jeannette Walls
My junior year I came home right after school with my brother. My parents were both home and asked to speak with my brother, Garret, and I in the kitchen when we put all of our school bags away. The family and I gathered in the kitchen and my parents started talking. And as they were talking I tried my hardest to hold back any tears and get rid of that funny feeling in my throat. As my parents explained to us that they were filing for a divorce. They assured us it was nothing we did, but completely their own choice. I stood next to my brother, who had tears streaming down his face. I felt like I had to stay strong for my brother's sake, so I could reassure him that everything would be okay. But deep down I was hurting just like he was. After meeting in the kitchen, my brother and I went to our rooms. Our parents came in one at a time to talk to us and about how we were feeling. They made sure to tell us that they loved us a bunch, and everything would be okay. As I started crying, both my mom and dad would cry too. They didn’t like that Garrett and I were feeling this way. I remember going to bed crying silently, because I wanted to be the tough one. The next morning I got up and got ready for school, trying to control my swelling eyes from the night before.
Kam Yager Research Paper
Once upon a time there was a little girl named Kam Yarger. Kam Yager is my mother.My mothers birthday is on 11/1/75. My mother was born at the Wood County Hospital In Bowling Green OHIO. My mother 's parents are Betty and Tay Yarger. My mother has two younger siblings one of them is Tad Yarger and the other one is Curt Yager. My mother has lived in three cities in OHIO she has lived in Bowling Green, Rudolph, and Weston. My mother is done with school. In elementary she went to kenwood then she went to the middle school and then the high school in Bowling Green Then in college she went to Owen Community College. My mother look just like me sometimes people ask if my mom and I are sisters because we look just like each other. My mom has brown hair that is really curly and she always has it pulled it up.
Personal Narrative Soccer
My lungs were burning, my knees stung, and my legs screamed with every step. I knew I had to keep on running. The crowd was roaring, but my breathing was loud enough to drown out the noise. Suddenly out of nowhere there was a girl at my side, I remembered her, and she played dirty. Keeping my temper in check I tried to push on, but she didn’t give up and sent me crashing to the ground. Pain blooms on the right side of my body. Truthfully I was glad for the break, the pain was manageable. Having paused for a moment, I slowly pulled myself to my feet and check my body for damage. My teammate asked if I was okay, I nodded. A shout from a familiar voice brought my head back into the game. I started jogging to where I was supposed to be even though
How My Mom Impacted My Life Essay
This has helped her overcome so much heartbreak, from losing my dad, my sister, and my brother to her own health issues and through it all her faith has never been shaken. I look at my mother with nothing less than amazement. After my dad had his heart attack and could no longer work my mom never failed to provide for all her children, we didn't have a lot but we always had enough. This made me such a humble and grateful person, and I never take anything I have for granted. Another great thing I admire about my mom, that I myself hope to have one day is her unconditional love for everyone, I see this and I just think wow. It's because of that unconditional love that I have compassion not just for people I know but also for people I see that need
Mother Archetype In Literature
Mothers are seen occasionally as the strangest, craziest, altruistic people who have ever been encountered. However some argue that they are the complete opposite. The basic perception of mothers that they are loving, caring, and very nurturing, and this makes up the mother archetype, not only modern day but records and perceptions that date back to ancient history. Although it has come along way, Mothers play a very important role in modern day theatre, literature, and even stories dating back to the biblical era. In ancient texts, we see this role being played by Thetis, Achilles mother in Greek mythology. Another example being portrayed by Demeter; even when there happens to no hope for her daughter Persephone, she never gives up on Persephone, or on the role of neutering her daughter through the tough times. The Mother Archetype shows through Greek Mythology which includes The Iliad, Edith Hamilton, and The Odyssey.
Personal Narrative Essay: Watching My Mother's Death
I caught myself getting furious at even nominal things. I thought a lot about how I was going to survive without her being here. I thought I was moving on, until one day someone asked me, “ If you had one wish what would it be?” and the first thing I thought was to spend that one wish on my mother.
Mother Definition Essay
In a world full of uncertainties, there is one person everyone on this Earth dead or alive has or had, and that is a mother. What is a mother? The dictionary definition of a mother as a noun is a woman in relation to her child or children, but as a verb means bring up (a child) with care and affection. While there is no cookie cutter definition of a mother, women still continuously conform to the societal pressure placed upon them. Societal viewpoint is that the title of mother is a one size fits all category, meaning the roles of every mother must be the same since their “job title” is. A mother either gives her all to her children or she is neglectful and a selfish parent. Mothers get lumped into categories which often dehumanizes them. Because
Descriptive Essay About My Grandmother
Ana Buha is a wise woman from a small place in the heart of Bosnia & Herzegovina called Vitez. She is a hard-working mother and wife. Ana is my grandmother who gave everything to her three kids: my mom, and two of my uncles. She is one of the most interesting and funny people I know. Her life stories make me cry and laugh at the same time. Over her 64 years of being on this planet, she experienced happiness, tragedy, loss war and love.
More about Descriptive Essay About My Mother
- English-language films
- High school
Descriptive Essay About My Mother
Family profile research paper.
I’m not sure if you’ve met my mother? She takes care of my three siblings and I she has taken care of us for a lot of years, and she did an excellent job of doing it. A lot of my family members and teachers say she is very kind, and I can agree on that because she wouldn't get mad often, but she will get mad. When she needs to.leaving my school. She always asks about how my day was and what I did in school that day. My Mom is brilliant If I ask her a question about something she will answer and she teaches me something new every day.she also makes the best food for my siblings and me when we ask for something specific to eat she makes it, and it tastes delicious.
Mexican Family Research Paper
From working several jobs at a time to make sure I had everything I needed, she became the reason why I was raised the way I raised. The lesson that “ I should treat everyone like the most important person in the world because I will never know when I might need them” was engraved in my head was owned by my mother. Sometimes she would tell me that she had holes in her socks and I knew it was due to most of her money going towards my private school tuition in order for me to be able to have the best education I could get. My mother is my background, my identity, interest, and talent. She is truly the one that has set me up for success, regardless of how fatigued or overworked she is. She is the person who truly defines who I am and who I have become to this
Hum/111 Week 2 Assignment
My mom is a very perceptive woman. She’s always had a way of explaining the world and the people within it. It came as a great shock to myself when I learned she was extroverted, as I had always known her to exhibit introverted mannerisms. I had assumed she would be the watchful and quiet one, but she’s usually the life of the party. That’s when I started to ask her about her life. She’s experienced enough things to warrant a jaded perspective of the world, yet she still holds some appreciation. I owe her much more than just giving her a mutual respect and completing my chores. I attribute my perspective on the world to my mom. My personality was shaped from her open mind and helped me find my passions in life. I’ve always had a strong sense of who I am, what I want to do in life. I know that I’ll always be welcomed back to her regardless of any mistakes I may
Personal Narrative: My Mom, Christina Hasselbalch
My mom, Christina Hasselbalch, is a single, full-time working mother who somehow finds time to always be there for me. She wakes up every day at five AM to turn the heat on and wake up so she can wake me up at six. After I leave for school she works long and hard hours so can provide for me. She also drives me everywhere from soccer to my friends’ houses. So she does a lot but, somehow she finds time to keep the house clean and cook all my meals. My mom is an excellent mom because even though she works really hard for me he always finds time to hang out with me.
Ana Gonzalez: How My Mom Changed My Life
My mother is always creating and crafting things. My mom can help me create a cool-looking project for school to baking a delicious cake for my birthday. Her mind is filled
Personal Narrative: Two Loud Voices In Fontana Home
She tells me about my aunts and uncles, as does my mom. She also helps lift me out of the pit of rage when I feel like that. She feels for me and understands me the most other
Amniotic Sac Changes
Maybe it is the way she smiles at you. The perfume she wears lingers around like a memory of someone to love. The way she can fix critical situations with a simple hug. A mother teaches one from wrong and right, always to love and never fight. Someday most will grow up to be just like a mother.
College Admissions Essay: A Career In My Career Path
Aside from the obvious place she holds in my heart, my mother has always been very focused and passionate in guiding me toward my overall success. In
Traits Of A Writer: A Character Analysis
I feel like she knows some of my struggles like math. But I have more struggles than just math and I don’t think she sees them as that big of an issue. She says I have good studying skills, but I don’t think I do and the thing I need to study the most (math) I never study for because I don’t really know how to. I do agree with what she said about my experience this school year, is positive and fun among friends and supportive teachers. I feel like she really understands me and says the things that i won’t say. I like to be quiet and I don’t know how to stick up for myself because I’m afraid to hurt others feelings. I’m glad she said that if you push me to hard before I’m ready ill shut down, because it’s so true. I'm very happy with what my mother said about
What Personal Characteristics Do They Possess
My mother is very intelligent, understanding and patient. She does not judge what I say and gives her best advice using her own personal experiences and things she has learned. She is very caring and empathic, but can also be assertive when something is not right. I trust that my mother always wants the best for me, making it easy to talk to her.
Personal Narrative: My Hero
She works hard at whatever she attempts at, although it may not always be fruitful. Her job in the technology industry is very demanding, and requires constant attention to the new inventions and new tools added everyday. Keeping up to date on issues is a very important one, and one she does very well. My mother is also somebody who you love running into. Her attitude is like no others, always keeping a positive approach and being friendly, even keeping it genuine. Every time you run into her, it will just put a smile onto your face. If you run into her on a bad day, she will just ask how you are doing, or other really simple questions that will just brighten your day and make it more
Essay on Appreciating Mom
She has the power to make you smile when you’re down, make you cry by telling a story, keep you under control when you’re too rowdy and get angry when needed. Family is an important thing to my mother. She loves to spend as much time as she can with them. She believes in the Hawaiian saying, “Ohanna: Nobody gets left behind.” This past summer we went on a cruise ship. The whole side of my mom’s family had gone. I enjoyed my time there, especially when we arrived in Cozumel, MX.
My Mother Essay
characteristics. There are so many great traits I love and admire about my mom, that it
My Reflection On My Mother Essay
A mother is someone who can take the place of all others but no one can take the place of her. There are many different definitions you could use to describe your mother. My mother, Pam Krull, fits every one of those. Today I decided to pick the three that I thought was most important to me. I admire and aspire to be like my mother because of how supportive, how selfless, and how loving she is.
My Mother, My Hero Essay
- 2 Works Cited
The third aspect I admire in my mother is her generosity. She is always buying things for others. We aren’t a rich family by any means, but she is always giving. Just a few weeks ago my mother’s friend was talking about not being able to afford a new winter coat for her son. That night my mother went out and bought him one. Then about a month ago my mother heard about a woman who is a recovering drug addict.
- African American
- Black people
Descriptive Essay About My Mother
Descriptive Essay About My Mother - A Guide to Writing
Published on: Jan 27, 2023
Last updated on: Feb 28, 2023
On This Page On This Page
Are you looking for a guide to writing an effective descriptive essay about your mother?
Mothers are special and can never be replaced. They provide us with love, protection, care, and guidance. Writing about your own mother can be an emotional experience but it doesn’t have to be difficult.
Don't worry if you find writing a descriptive essay difficult! We've got the best guide for you!
With this guide to writing a descriptive essay about your mother, you'll be able to craft a unique and meaningful essay. You will also get the help of our essay examples to help you create an even better paper.
What is a Descriptive Essay
A descriptive essay is a type of essay that uses words to describe an object, person, experience, or place. The purpose of writing this type of essay is to provide the reader with a vivid and clear description of something. The writer must use sensory details, such as sight, hearing, smell, touch, and taste to make the reader experience the topic.
When writing about a person such as your mother, you need to describe the characteristics that make her unique. It can include personality traits or experiences that make her special.
Reading a few essay samples will help you out! So read on to find good examples and tips.
Examples of Descriptive Essay About Mother
To get a better understanding of what a descriptive essay should look like, read the examples below.
Descriptive Essay About My Mother PDF
Descriptive Essay About My Mother My Hero
Descriptive Essay Example About Mother
Here is a video of another short essay example about mother:
Want to read descriptive essays on other topics as well? Here are more descriptive essay examples that will help you out!
Tips to Write a Descriptive Essay About Mother
Now that you’ve read the examples, let’s look at some tips that will lead you to essay writing success.
- Start with the Basics
Begin by brainstorming ideas of what makes your mother special and why she is important to you. Think about her personality traits, accomplishments, quirks, and unique qualities. In addition, consider the ways that your mother has influenced you and shaped your life.
You can also practice your writing skills with other descriptive essay topics . So write away!
- Create an Outline
Once you have all of your ideas written down, create an outline that will guide the structure of your essay. This should include sections for your introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion.
- Capture Her Essence
Use vivid language to capture the essence of who your mother is. Utilize descriptive words and phrases that will help your reader understand who your mother is and what she means to you.
- Show, Don’t Tell
Instead of simply telling the reader about your mother’s traits or accomplishments, use stories and examples to illustrate them. This will make your essay more interesting to readers.
- Keep Your Tone Consistent
Maintaining a consistent tone throughout ensures a cohesive narrative without feeling disjointed or scattered. This keeps readers interested until they reach their conclusion!
- Don’t Forget the Conclusion
Summarize the main points of your essay in your conclusion and provide a call to action for readers. Maybe you’ll leave them feeling inspired or motivated to do something special for their own mother.
- Revise & Edit Diligently
Revision is key when putting together any written piece. Read over your work multiple times and fix any errors in spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. Also improve any awkward phrasing or unclear ideas that might not be conveyed effectively enough.
To sum it up,
Writing a descriptive essay about your mother doesn't have to be difficult. With our guide and examples, you can easily write an effective essay that will make your mother proud! So get started today, and create the perfect essay for her!
By following these tips and examples, you will find it easier to write a meaningful descriptive essay about your mother. Good luck!
Looking for a professional descriptive essay writer to write it for you? You don't have to look far, we're right here for you!
MyPerfectWords.com is the essay writing service you can trust for all your essay needs. We offer top-notch essay writing help to you get the best grade possible.
Our essay writers are experienced and knowledgeable, so they can handle any essay topic with ease. Get a high-quality descriptive essay writing service from MyPerfectwords.com and make your essay stand out!
Hire our essay writer today!
Caleb S. (Marketing, Education)
Caleb S. has been providing writing services for over five years and has a Masters degree from Oxford University. He is an expert in his craft and takes great pride in helping students achieve their academic goals. Caleb is a dedicated professional who always puts his clients first.
People also read
Descriptive Essay - A Complete Guide
Descriptive Essay Examples & Writing Tips
Top 100+ Descriptive Essay Topics & Ideas
Creating a Descriptive Essay Outline - Format & Example
Crafting an Authentic Portrait: A Guide to Writing a Descriptive Essay About a Person
Crafting the Perfect Descriptive Essay About Myself - Tips and Tricks
Writing a Descriptive Essay About A Place - Guide With Examples
How to Craft the Perfect Descriptive Essay About A Person You Admire
Delicious Descriptions: A Guide to Writing a Descriptive Essay About Food
Write A Descriptive Essay About Nature With This Guide
Learn Tips to Write a Descriptive Essay About Autumn - Step into the Golden Season
Share this article
We value your privacy
Website Data Collection
Are you sure you want to cancel?
Your preferences have not been saved.
Home / Essay Samples / Life / Mother / A Vivid Description of My Mother: Literature Portrait
A Vivid Description of My Mother: Literature Portrait
- Category: Life
- Subcategory: Family , Hero
- Topic: Mother , My Heroes , Someone Who Inspires Me
- Downloads: -->
are ready to help you with your essay
⚠️ Remember: This essay was written and uploaded by an average student. It does not reflect the quality of papers completed by our expert essay writers. To get a custom and plagiarism-free essay click here.
Found a great essay sample but want a unique one?
We are glad that you like it, but you cannot copy from our website. Just insert your email and this sample will be sent to you.
By clicking “Send”, you agree to our Terms of service and Privacy statement . We will occasionally send you account related emails.
Your essay sample has been sent.
In fact, there is a way to get an original essay! Turn to our writers and order a plagiarism-free paper.