Descriptive Essay: A Beautiful Place
I think we all have a beautiful place in our mind. I have a wonderful place that made me happy a lot of times, years ago. But sometimes I think that I am the only person who likes this place and I'm asking myself if this place will be as beautiful as I thought when I will go back to visit it again. Perhaps I made it beautiful in my mind. This place is meaningful to me because it is part of the county I loved, is part of the county where I grew up and is part of my childhood. This place is in the country in an old region named Appalachia, a small piece of the Appalachian Mountains, in a town named Pikeville. Pikeville is a polluted town because of the coal industry. People live in apartment or condominium buildings because of its little space available. I grew up in one of the many buildings in Pikeville admiring from my bedroom window the beauty of the mountains, always exploring with my eyes the forest or the meadows, looking for a clean and quiet place. And, I found one on a hill in the back of the town. It is about 100 feet square, it has seven old trees, wild flowers and a lot of bugs and ants during summer time. I used to go there to sit down on a rock and watch the town and my trees. There was a very old tree, a maple tree, with a huge trunk. The others were smaller, three in the back, three on my left side and the old maple tree on my right. There were flowers, many kinds, white, yellow, purple and blue. It was nobody's place. Nobody owned that hill, but it was beautiful and peaceful and I dreamed many times about a white house over there. I think that, these kinds of places are meaningful to people because they are natural and people can be there alone, away from their everyday life. I used to go there to be alone or to dream with my eyes open admiring the blue sky or the clouds. I liked to go there to lay down on the grass, listen to the wind, kiss the flowers and watch the leaves moving. It was hard to go up the hill to get there, but I wanted to see everyday my seven trees, to see how the color of the leaves changed and to feel the softness of the grass.
In this essay, the author
- Opines that we all have a beautiful place in our mind, but sometimes they wonder if it will be as beautiful as they thought when they return to visit it again.
- Explains that this place is meaningful to them because it is part of the county where they grew up. it is in an old region called appalachia, in a town named pikeville.
- Explains that pikeville is a polluted town because of the coal industry and people live in apartment or condominium buildings due to its little space available.
- Describes how they used to sit on a rock and watch the town and their trees. there were flowers, white, yellow, purple, and blue.
- Opines that these places are meaningful to people because they are natural and people can be there alone, away from their everyday life. they used to go there to be alone or to dream with their eyes open admiring the blue sky or the clouds.
- Explains that they used to go there with a reason or with no reason at all. they knew they had to be there to forget who they were, to breathe and re-feed themselves with hope.
- Describes how they used to go to their native town to play with clean snow, even after a fresh snow. the snow angels kept watch over the natural splendor.
- Opines that the new construction will spare this place and others like it, for these are the places that can bring us happiness.
- Analyzes lowry's quote from the giver, which is parallel to what a "place" is. the terms "sanctuary," "safety," and "comfort" vary between individuals of different values and beliefs.
- Opines that a "place" should hold some meaning and value to someone who has been there physically or psychologically.
- Opines that the term "place" has a deeper meaning than simply being an area in space. there is still much to explore about what makes 'a place' — until an undisputed agreement is reached, there shouldn'
- Compares "everybody's ditch" by pyle and "in praise of hometowns by pipher."
- Analyzes pyle's essay on the subject of "land can teach us to care enough for all the other land."
- Analyzes how pyle's place is more of a permanent place whereas pipher suggests that humans should be able to make any place how feel-good place.
- Analyzes how s connect the reader with nature so they can feel the emotions that feels. pipher's husband responded with "come back with a better pair of eyes."
- Opines that pyle's "everybody’s ditch" is the reading that induced a different feeling for nature from within them. both the articles stand with great points considering the love of environment.
- Opines that ground zero is the location at where the twin towers once stood and is a memorial site in which millions of people travel from all over to see.
- Analyzes how suzanne berne, the writer of ground zero, and people like her encourage people to visit the site.
- Analyzes how berne argues that ground zero is a place where people go to see and experience the destruction of millions of families and thousands of lives.
- Concludes that berne wants people to understand the importance of ground zero. it is not a place of nothing, but is very much something.
- Analyzes how n.scott momaday's "the way to rainy mountain" shows the connection he felt with a certain place due to his culture and past.
- Analyzes how the kiowas, the tribe is from, had to migrate to a place where it would be easier for them to stay. the journey helped them acquire the religion of the plains.
- Explains that spirituality has been believed to be around for a very long time. the tribe had some beliefs that they had come across in their long migration.
- Describes how visited his grandmother's grave and felt a deep connection with the place and the amazing extraterrestrial, exotic stories.
- Opines that wanted the world to know about the story of the ganges.
- Analyzes how deborah tall's book, from where we stand, tells us the story of coming to geneva, new york, to begin teaching. she learns about landscapes, people, and history.
- Analyzes how the poet is uniquely qualified to consider the issue of place. martin heidegger turned to hölderlin to understand "place" and "home."
- Opines that mainstream american society has lost its roots. we have invented "everyplace" by universalizing the common things that we expect and seem to need.
- Explains that the town of bishop was the last big town heading north until carson valley, in nevada.
- Analyzes how bishop fought to keep out the big corporate franchises for decades, but they finally capitulated in the late '80s.
- Describes bishop as an incomparable landscape. the paiute people are strong, with dark skin and black hair.
- Explains that the owens river runs "wild" through pleasant valley and around, to the east, of the town, meandering, with willows and grass along its banks. the question is how long can this last?
- Explains that bishop is a natural place, dominated by its northern end of owens valley, lying at the southern base of the long valley caldera.
- Explains that in the centers of great american cities, we can find alternative places in which human lives have also been invested.
- Explains keith basso's wisdom sits in places, which explores the relationship between the environment and the western apache people.
- Explains that red lake, minnesota, is an ojibwa place-name. the stone age peoples lived along the waterways and treated their environment with respect and celebrated its bounties through spirituality.
- Explains that ojibwa hunters thought the moose was an evil spirit named ‘matchee manitou’ and tried to kill it. the grand and majestic animal escaped by diving into the water and disappearing forever.
- Recounts how henry meekis' passion for the story permeated the room and everyone was captivated by it.
- Explains the importance of place-name study because it sheds light on the cultural history and heritage of the indigenous people.
- Opines that their failure to pronounce the stubborn apache place name would be interpreted by him as a lack of respect.
- Analyzes how basso describes place-names as a universal tool of the historical imagination and in some societies, if not the great majority, it is surely among the basic of all.
- Explains that the apache people gave places-names to inform people of their past, as well as to show respect for the land in which they lived for so many years. charles henry, bassos friends and apache informant, describes his ancestors naming process.
- Analyzes how the story behind the place-name ‘snake water’ is an exceptional example of how environment shaped the culture of the apache people.
- Analyzes how this specific place-name is relevant in expressing the apaches past relationship with water. it expresses gratitude for water and taught the lesson of always giving thanks.
- Analyzes how the story of ‘juniper tree stands alone people’ is an example of how apache ancestors were connected to the places in which they lived.
- Analyzes how basso theorizes that oral narratives are a powerful tool used by the apache people to establish bonds between human beings and features of the landscape.
- Analyzes how the place-name 'shades of shit' taught an important lesson on sharing, especially sharing with the less fortunate.
- Analyzes how the story behind the place-name ‘course-textured rocks lie above in a compact cluster’ is interesting from both a historical and moralistic perspective.
- Analyzes how apache place-names tell stories of significant customs which should always be followed. a mother in law awakens to hear yelling and screaming and fears that it is her son-in-law tormenting her daughter once again.
- Analyzes how ‘big cottonwood trees stand here and there’ tells of a custom in which the mother-in-law can not interfere in her daughters marriage after the first year of marriage.
- Analyzes how bassos' study, and earlier studies done by frank boas on eskimos, shows the importance of oral histories and the impact they had on the people.
- Explains that there is no special ‘model’ nor ‘scientific’ reasoning applied to western apache place-names.
- Opines that wisdom sits in places reminded them of the importance of place-names. events that took place many years ago reiterated the morals and beliefs the apache people hold near to them.
- Describes how the deserted park was their favourite place to go as a young girl. they wore an elegant scarlet red winter coat with gleaming black buttons descending down the front.
- Describes how they were frightened when a masculine figure approached them. they began to walk slower and heard the voice.
- Narrates how they were told not to talk to strangers, but it was different this time. they said goodnight to each other and walked their separate ways.
- Narrates how they hadn't heard anything from the stranger until a week after meeting, when they were called asking if i was busy the following evening.
- Describes their first date with luke, who turned up to dinner looking well-groomed, and his charming personality made him more attractive. they traveled around america together, but he had to return to the army.
- Narrates how their romance blossomed so fast that they felt like they'd known him all their life. their love spiralled for over a year before they became engaged.
- Narrates how their wedding took place on the 20th of april 1991. it was the most spectacular day of their life.
- Narrates how luke was called out to go back to the army early the week after the wedding, which meant his trip was extended by a month making his absence three months long.
- Narrates how they tried to distract themselves from the situation and went to atlanta to visit their parents for the weekend. they sat aimlessly on the sofa, starring at the telephone, hoping that it would ring.
- Describes how their heart sank, they were speechless, their hand lost grip of the phone, and they prepared for the worst.
- Describes how they stood crippled on their balcony, five months pregnant, reminiscing over their love, thinking of what could have been. they paced to the door to open it.
- Narrates how luke had been shot in the shoulder and had to hide out as the opposition had spotted him and hiding was the only way he’d survive. he was sent home and told the army that his family was to care for.
- Analyzes how jim's feelings of lonliness, sadness, awe, and happiness are felt through his words, adding to what we already know. he feels these emotions in the first few scenes.
- Analyzes how jim arrives in town and is being taken to his grandparent's house. he is riding in a wagon and tries to look at the land and sees nothing.
- Describes how they felt that the world was left behind, that we had got over the edge of it, and were outside man's jurisdiction. they did not believe that their father and mother were watching them from up there.
- Analyzes jim's state of awe and wonder at the new land, but he feels alone in the middle of nowhere.
- Analyzes how jim believes that his parents' spirits will not be there for him since he has left. he stops saying his prayers and accepts whatever fate deals him.
- Analyzes how the scene is set up as a forshadowing of the landscape to come. the sadness is lifting and he is around family and friends.
- Narrates how their grandmother busied herself in the dining room until she called anxiously, 'grandmother, i'm afraid the cakes are burning!' then she laughed, waving her apron as if she was shooing chickens.
- Opines that jim is getting a new start in his life and the reader is happy for him.
- Analyzes how the scene throws away the dark and cold of the prior night.
- Explains that their white frame house, with a storey and half-storey, above the basement, stood at the east end of what they might call the farmland with the windmill close by the kitchen door.
- Narrates how jim finally finds what he is looking for. he has his beacon in a vast field, be it darkness or red grass, and has somewhere to return to.
- Analyzes how the emotions of lonliness, sadness, awe, and happiness are felt throughout the story, but most strongly within the first few scenes. the descriptions of landscape help add and put you in the character's place.
- Describes balea lake as the most popular mountain resort in romania. the cliffs are covered with snow from november till late july.
- Explains that the resort has only two chalets, each situated on one side of the lake. there are many tow-days contests taking place here.
- Opines that the atmosphere is cozy-going and friendly. the calm and splendor of the mountains helps them relax and offers them the chance of escaping the everyday routine and problems by doing what they like best.
- Opines that a special place represents peoples' special memories either good or bad, and stores people’s heart deeper. they would never forget their grandparent's house because of things going on there.
- Describes how their grandparent's house looked lively and surrounded by garden. the garden was bordered by a bamboo hedge, with unknown brushwood and unknown trees shading the path.
- Recounts how they loved the family party in their grandparent's house during spring, and how the flowers brought them together.
- Describes how they lived in their grandparent's house at age 12, and learned to enjoy being close to nature. they ran around and caught fireflies, handcrafting the softer net after being caught.
- Explains that their grandma taught them how to plant peas, and corn in the field. they appreciate famers because they know how hard to plan corn and how many time spend on it.
- Explains that they were raised by their grandparents, who spent the most of their time on them compared to other cousins.
- Opines that their grandparents' unconditional love reinforced their grandchildren's sense of security and self-value.
- Narrates how they learned from their grandparents that responsibility is more than just being accountable for their mistakes.
- Opines that they appreciate everything their grandparents did for them. they also appreciate their parents because they provide a conformable living environment and don't give them the pressure of financial.
Descriptive Essay About a Place
Descriptive Fishing Place
made, twenty foot high stacking of boulders and concrete make for an ideal fishing hole. I have caught two of my biggest fish at this spot, one was a bass weighing five and a half pounds. The other was an Alligator Gar weighing in the upper twenties. Both an exciting rush to be caught on a Creek. The Dam always gives me a sense of adrenaline being near the raging water for many reasons. First, when you hear the distinguished pounding of water hitting water you know you have to be close to the Dam so the wait on turning a corner to see a big drop causes great suspension. Secondly, being around a creation of such great size causes me to feel small which causes a sense of amazement and surprise. These reasons make the Dam one of my favorite places to be on the…
West Virginia Descriptive Place
West Virginia is a place that I will always feel deeply and personally connected. I was born and raised there as a child. West Virginia’s environment always made you feel like you were, “Almost in Heaven”. Fall was always my favorite time of the year in West Virginia. It would be that time of year that we started wearing our sweaters during the cooler weather. Fall foliage would begin, turning the trees vibrant colors of red, yellow and orange. Neighbors would get together to start…
Descriptive Essay: Sense Of Place
Sense of Place My family’s van driving into an isolated Hispanic village taking in a deep breath of nature at its purest. Surrounded by big green trees, we passed a mini mart as we made a turn to the village. As the drive continues the refreshing smell of nature entices my sense of smell. Approaching my grandfather 's home, the excitement begins to build up. When we arrived, we jumped out of the van and took a big deep breath of fresh air as we ran off relinquishing our excitement. My…
A Descriptive Essay On A Place Fred Myer
The smell of disinfectant fills my nose, wafting towards me as I opened the doors to the local Club 16, that distinct smell of Lysol cleaner and sweat. Fiddling with my keys trying to pull out my membership card, which I had attached several months ago, it morphed alongside the several other unimportant barcode items that so many places give you. Save-on, Fred Myer, Starbucks, these unimportant yet important to me cards all stuck together making my entrance into the gym an impossible fate. The…
Personal Narrative: Fifth Child
to escape from the buzzing chaos of a large family lifestyle. I take my place as the fifth child of my parents. Being the fifth child also means I am the oldest girl and am in the very middle of nine kids. Business and echoing voices are constant at my house. I never seemed to be at rest when in my own home; there was always someone running around. These circumstances caused me to search for new places of serenity. So, with this in mind, I set out in my maroon Jeep and drove, trying to find a…
Reflection Of Timing In Joan Didion's 'Goodbye To All That'
years and identify a place and time at which their lives changed significantly. Whether purposely or accidentally, these are the moments that with our comprehension on how time is ongoing and the collaborating events occurring around us, we are forced to retrospect ourselves and the conditions one lives. Joan Didion’s essay “Goodbye to All That” is a story about her new experiences as a young lady and an adult in New York city. The story began with her arrival to New York and continuous to the…
Descriptive Essay On My Favourite Place
Hubert Selby Jr., Requiem for a Dream. Everyone has a favorite place; that place can be in their imagination or a place where they can visit. It brings them comfort and peace. Their favorite place could release stress and sadness that has been bottled up inside them. My home is my favorite place; it indulges me with memories, life contemplation and comfort in times of need. After a long and tiring day of stress, I wait for the moment I go back home. As I enter my home, I breathe in a strong…
Descriptive Essay: A Place In The Pacific Northwest
The Pacific Northwest is home to some of the most amazing natural and physical environments in America. Spanning from grassy fields up to the jagged mountains of the Cascades, down to the many islands in the waterways of Puget Sound. I am fortunate enough to call this land home. I have lived here my whole life and have no intention of leaving. For some it's a mountain conversely for some it's a tiny hole-in-the-wall coffee shop, a beach, a road, a bed, a view, a place to call their own, but for…
Descriptive Essay About A Mysterious Place
Mysterious places .. Being Locked in that room between four walls that I can’t even see, made me think.. made me think a lot I don’t know if I stayed here for a day or two hours or a week or just for minutes .. I have no clue!! For whatever time I was in there, I went through a spiral of thought.. At first, I wanted to get out of that dark place.. then, I wanted light, I wanted to see where I am.. It started to get colder and colder, I needed a warm blanket to cover myself with.. After a…
My Dream To Be A World Traveler
Do you love traveling? Do you ever want to travel somewhere and forget about your troubles? A place where nobody knows your name. A destination where you can sit back and relax. Just imagine it.. you visiting the Tower of London one day. Then the next you are soaking your feet in coral gardens at Bora Bora. After that, you are sightseeing at Casa Batllo in Barcelona. I always imagine myself in different places and experiencing the many different cultures and architectures worlds have to offer.…
- 2005 singles
- 2006 albums
- 2007 singles
- Debut albums
- Economics terminology
- English-language films
- Herron Island
- Hikaru Utada
- Interpersonal relationship
- Jan Garbarek
- Meaning of life
- Essay on Climate Change
- Gender Inequality Essay
- Gender Equality Essay
- Motivation Essay
- Definition Essay Examples
- Personal Challenges Essay
- Process Essay Examples
- About Me Essay
- Essay About Drugs
- Freedom of Speech Essay
- All About Me Essay
- Essay About Nutrition
- Save Wildlife Essay
- Environmental Problems Essay
- Essay on Career
- Internet Addiction Essay
- Immigration Essay
- Economics Essay
- Speech Essay
- Animal Rights Essay
- The Great Gatsby Essay
- Violence Against Women Essay
- Respect Essay
- Autobiography Essay
- The American Dream Essay
Ready To Get Started?
- Create Flashcards
- Mobile apps
- Cookie Settings
Descriptive Essay About My Favorite Place
Oregon persuasive essay.
The main reason I want to go to Oregon is because of the weather. I love gloomy, rainy days, I know it sounds depressing, but I kinda like depressing weather. A theorization about Oregon is actually that they get a lot of rain, but they are not even in the
Coastal Management Rbsc Environment Research Beach Coast
Responses such as naturalness, unspoilt landscape, relaxing view are rated highly when people stated what they liked about the beach.
Personal Statement: Marine Biology
When thinking about getting away to some serene paradise to help forget about work or school obligations most people instantly think of the beach. Whether it be the west or east coast the beach is a universal symbol of peace and serenity, plus a little bit of fun. But this bliss has a whole different meaning to me. This is where I grew up and how I found myself. The west coast of Florida is the first time I felt the sand in my toes and the salt water on my face. These memories inspired me to give back to the ocean and its inhabitants and follow my dreams of becoming a marine biologist.
Personal Narrative: Growing Up In Southern California
Growing up in Southern California, I was surrounded by coastal culture, which has influenced me in many ways. No matter whether I lived in San Diego or Ventura county, I was never more than ten minutes away from the beach. Every weekend, it seemed, my dad would take us to the beach as family so we could play in the water, build sandcastles, catch hermit crabs, see the tide pools, and most of all, spend time together. I was enchanted by all the beach had to offer. Every sandcastle built was a palace for a hermit crab and every tide pool a thriving community. Whenever I stepped into the water, my imagination would run wild. Despite how often we went, I always enjoyed our days at the beach.
I Love Assateague Research Paper
You look around and all you see is mother nature's finest. The beach is where people go to have fun and that’s why I go to this one special beach, because you get a little of everything there. You get wild life, the ocean, and pure silence. The only thing you can hear is the ocean waves crashing onto the beach, reminds me of Niagara falls. Its breathtaking. And everything is clean. No trash laying around at all. Nothing.
The Goonies Persuasive Speech
After a day at the beach grab yourself something sweet at one of the best bakeries in Oregon, Cannon Beach Bakery. You want be disappointed!
Informative Essay On Oregon
I will be talking to you guys about Oregon. I choose this State because my auntie moved there in November and she told me a lot of interesting stuff. One of the interesting things about Oregon is that it has the deepest lake in the United States along with a lot of more facts and interesting things about Oregon I will be telling you.
Wildwood Research Paper
While at Wildwood you can go to the beach, that is filled with sand. When you walk through the sand you can feel it between your toes. Wildwood has the longest beach it is a hike to get to the water. You can find amazing seashells, that are different shapes and sizes. While you are laying down on the beach you can feel the hot sun shining bright. When you walk down to the ocean you can feel the water
She Flies With Here Own Wings Research Paper
One of the most important sights to see is the state capital which is located in Salem. The capital is almost always swarming with visitors and it can be very educational. Even with it being mainly educational, it is quite interesting due to its very unique beauty. In Western Oregon, Salem is one of the most highly visited cities due to it being the capital as well as it being so beautiful. Another place that has a lot of visitors is the Oregon Coast. Newport, one of the main cities on the coast, is an excellent spot to vacation at, especially in the summer, due to it being warm and sunny. There is a lot that can be done at the coast, varying from camping and relaxing at campgrounds to getting down and dirty cleaning fish and
Grand Canyon Research Paper
Thinking back I can still remeber th Grand Canyon' s beauty because it was just so emese that it has been forever ecthed into my brain.
Personal Narrative: Growing Up In Black Hills
Life is an adventure, especially when God is control. I had no idea, ten years ago, I would be moving to Oregon. I moved here February 2007. Growing up in the Black Hills the great outdoors are your playground. At my dad's house the forest was literally in our backyard. We would spend ours days, hiking, biking, making forts, and whatever else you can think of up in the hills. I live in Central Oregon, which is high desert. Driving over Mt. Hood, and the west side of Oregon, remind me of the Black Hills. So going over Mt. Hood to the west side, bring back memories of home!
Personal Narrative: Ralph Waldo Emerson
Growing up in Georgia, nature and endless greenery has been a part of my life in a big way. I was introduced to the healing and serine qualities of nature at a young age when my dad and brother took me to hike and camp. Walking along the Application Mountains, I knew i could find peace and refuge in nature. To feel accepted by a place is a breathtaking feeling, for me, it was in Alaska. The preservation of a habitat and way of life made me in awe.
What Is The Primary Cause Of Environmental Changes To The Pacific Ocean Environment
The Pacific Ocean is a famous and important ocean in Oregon. People can enjoy the beautiful and spectacular scenery of the Pacific Ocean if they live in Oregon; however, the ocean environment has been changing for the past twenty years or more in Oregon. There are two major causes of environmental changes to the Pacific Ocean in Oregon, overfishing and global warming.
Descriptive Essay About A Sacred Place
My family used to visit there once a year for about a week in the summer. We would go camping and spend the majority of our time frequenting the beach. Back then I was tiny, but even now I know I would be overwhelmed by the vast space of the sky opened up over me, blue and deep in a reflection of the water below it. I would try with all my might to run through the grainy, hot sand scraping away at the bottoms of my burning feet onto cooler ground, where cool ocean water counteracted the sun’s hot touch. Even as a little girl, the beach wasn’t just a place
Descriptive Essay About A Place
Writing a Descriptive Essay About A Place - Guide With Examples
Published on: Jan 25, 2023
Last updated on: Feb 28, 2023
On This Page On This Page
Are you writing an essay about a place and need to know where to start?
The beauty of the world lies in its diversity, and every place has something unique to offer. A descriptive essay can bring these places alive for readers. But the question is, how do you write one?
Don't worry! We've got the right answer for you!
With a few examples and some tips on crafting your own essay, you can write it easily.
So read on to find good samples and tips to follow!
What is a Descriptive Essay?
A descriptive essay is a type of writing that aims to describe and portray an object, person, or place. The essay typically includes sensory details to help the reader imagine its contents more vividly.
A descriptive essay about a place should provide enough details for the reader to build a mental image of it. To do this, you need to include vivid descriptions and relevant information that could paint a picture in their minds.
Let's read some examples to see what a good descriptive essay looks like.
Examples of Descriptive Essay About Any Place
Here are some examples of descriptive essays about a place
Example of a Descriptive Essay About a Place
Descriptive Essay About a Place You Visited
Descriptive Essay About a Place Called Home
Descriptive Essay About a Place You Loved as a Child
Descriptive Essay About a Place of Interest I Visited
Do you need more sample essays? Check out more descriptive essay examples to get inspired.
Tips for Writing an Excellent Descriptive Essay About A Place
Now that you've read some examples of descriptive essays about places, it's time to learn how to write one yourself. Here are some tips on writing a great essay:
Choose The Right Topic
The topic of your essay should be something that you have a strong connection to or feeling about. It could be a place you've visited recently or a place from your childhood. Moreover, make sure that it's something that you can write about in enough detail to make your essay interesting.
Check out our other blog to check out 100+ descriptive essay topics to get your creative juices flowing.
Gather as much information as possible about the topic of your essay. This will help you craft vivid descriptions and portray an accurate picture for your readers. Gather your observations, research online, and talk to people who have visited the place you're writing about.
Make sure to research the topic thoroughly so you can provide accurate and detailed descriptions. Read up as much as you can about the history of the place, and any interesting facts or stories about it.
Structure Your Essay
Outline your essay before beginning to write so all points flow logically from one to another throughout the entire piece.
Make sure to include a strong introduction and conclusion, as well as several body paragraphs that help support your main points.
Include Sensory Details
Use sensory language by including details such as sights, smells, tastes, sounds, etc. This helps to engage readers and transport them into the setting of your essay.
When writing a descriptive essay, make sure to include vivid descriptions that involve all five senses. This will help create a more engaging and immersive experience for your readers.
Use Vivid Language
Make sure to use strong and powerful words when describing the place you're writing about. Use metaphors and similes to bring your descriptions to life and make them more interesting for readers.
Proofread Your Essay
Proofreading is an important step in any writing process, especially when it comes to descriptive essays. Make sure to check for any typos or spelling errors that may have slipped through in your writing.
You also need to make sure that the flow of your essay is logical and coherent. Check if you've used a consistent point of view throughout, and make sure that all ideas are well-supported with evidence. You can also take help from a professional descriptive essay writer in proofreading.
Follow these tips and examples, and you'll be well on your way to writing a great descriptive essay.
Don't stress if you still want a professional writer to do it for you. We've got the best solution for you.
MyPerfectWords.com offers professional descriptive essay writing service to help you write a great descriptive essay. Our experienced writers are here to provide high-quality and error-free work to help you get the grade you deserve. With our essay writing service , you are guaranteed a 100% original essay.
Get in touch with us to hire our essay writer now.
Caleb S. (Marketing, Literature)
Caleb S. has been providing writing services for over five years and has a Masters degree from Oxford University. He is an expert in his craft and takes great pride in helping students achieve their academic goals. Caleb is a dedicated professional who always puts his clients first.
People also read
Descriptive Essay - A Complete Guide
Descriptive Essay Examples & Writing Tips
Top 100+ Descriptive Essay Topics & Ideas
Creating a Descriptive Essay Outline - Format & Example
Crafting an Authentic Portrait: A Guide to Writing a Descriptive Essay About a Person
Crafting the Perfect Descriptive Essay About Myself - Tips and Tricks
How to Craft the Perfect Descriptive Essay About A Person You Admire
Descriptive Essay About My Mother - A Guide to Writing
Delicious Descriptions: A Guide to Writing a Descriptive Essay About Food
Write A Descriptive Essay About Nature With This Guide
Learn Tips to Write a Descriptive Essay About Autumn - Step into the Golden Season
Share this article
We value your privacy
Website Data Collection
Are you sure you want to cancel?
Your preferences have not been saved.
Descriptive Essay Examples
Last updated on: Feb 14, 2023
Descriptive Essay Examples - 8 Examples To Help You Write Better
By: Cathy A.
10 min read
Reviewed By: Rylee W.
Published on: Dec 31, 2019
Do you need some good descriptive essay samples to understand how these essays work? We are here to help you write a descriptive essay with remarkable success!
So stay with us to learn the basics with the help of some great descriptive essay examples.
On this Page
What is a Descriptive Essay?
A descriptive essay describes and gives sensory details about a person, place, event, or thing in an in-depth and detailed manner. It is different from writing a narrative essay.
The aim of descriptive essay writing is to make the reader feel and see a certain thing, place, or person from your perspective. Your readers may have different points of view about the topic, your job is to make them see what you feel and believe.
These types of descriptions are often found in the literature; novels and dramas, where the writer constricts the whole scene through his or her words.
Ever noticed how you feel like actually seeing the character from a novel in your mind? Or a place? This is the power of a descriptive narrative.
What is The Aim of Descriptive Writing?
The sole aim of a descriptive essay writer is to draw a realistic and actual picture in front of the reader. These essays are a part of high school and college level and students.
Teachers give this type of descriptive writing task to students for developing the students’ skills of describing and explaining something in a detailed manner.
This skill is quite helpful in professional life as the students will know how to analyze something in detail and by considering its different angles.
While writing a descriptive essay can be a fun and enriching experience. Describing your emotions and feelings and dealing with a sensitive topic can be a challenging and daunting task. However, with practice, you can do it successfully.
Good Descriptive Essay Examples
It is not an easy task to write a descriptive essay at first attempt. This is why many students turn to the examples of a descriptive essay to understand its structure and content.
Samples and examples are great to help the students understand how to write certain types of essays. Every essay and assignment is different and, therefore, to score well, you need to be mindful of the content that you add to them.
Effective descriptive essay writing is more about describing different aspects and traits of the chosen subject and the type of feelings they inspire. Commonly, these types of essays describe a particular person, an event, a place, or an emotion with the aim to make the reader feel your way.
Below we have given some good descriptive examples free for students
Descriptive essay example for grade 6
Descriptive essay example college
Descriptive essay example for university
Don’t give up! Continue reading to explore more amazing examples
Descriptive Essay Example about a Person
Writing about a person is probably the first choice of many students. They like to describe their parents, especially siblings, best friends, and teachers in their essays. However, when you choose to write about a person, it is better that you write about someone who you know.
This will add the needed depth into the description. Below is an example of a descriptive essay on ‘My Mother’.
Descriptive Essay Example about a Person (PDF)
Descriptive Essay Example about an Event
As humans, we come across a number of events and happenings. From casual friends get together to very formal weddings and parties, each one of us has something to talk about.
The descriptive essays about events describe the event, how the writer felt about it along the surrounding details.
Just like we say, a descriptive essay ‘describes’ the topic. In the case of descriptive essay examples about an event, the details will include the kind of event, the level of excitement of the writer, the surroundings, and an overall feeling.
Check out the sample essay below.
Descriptive Essay Example about an Event (PDF)
Descriptive Essay Example About a Place
Describing a place that you visited in your summer holidays is quite an enjoyable experience. It is like you are visiting the same place again and having the same feelings.
When describing your favorite place in an essay, use vivid language. You can describe the details like the weather of the place, the main place that you visited, the kind of feeling you had.
Besides, you should also describe why you like the place. The memorable events should be presented in proper order. To have a better idea of how to write a descriptive essay about a place, read the following sample.
Descriptive Essay Example about a Place (PDF)
Descriptive Essay Example about Emotions
Describing emotions and feelings is difficult.
Memories, emotions, and feelings are abstract and, therefore, explaining them is not easy. They cannot be explained independently, as you can explain a place or event.
A descriptive essay about emotions includes an event and the feelings associated with it. These could be feelings of sadness, anxiousness, confusion, surprise, and happiness.
Whatever emotions you describe, you can use related adjectives and adverbs to describe them.
To know how to write a good descriptive essay based on emotions, check the following sample.
Descriptive Essay Example about Emotions (PDF)
Descriptive Essay Example About a Visit
A visit to a doctor, a visit to a zoo, and your first visit to a museum, all make excellent descriptive essay topics.
If you go somewhere for the first time, it is natural to have a plethora of feelings and emotions. These could be feelings of joy and even fear.
For a better understanding of writing about a visit, check the sample below
Descriptive Essay Example about a Visit (PDF)
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job!
Descriptive Essay Outline
Like every essay sample, a descriptive essay has an outline and format. The essay follows the traditional essay structure and includes:
1. An Introductory Paragraph
The first paragraph of an essay is the introduction and it usually sets the mood for the entire essay.
A good descriptive essay has a strong opening. It introduces the reader to the main topic and what the essay will be about. However, these details are brief and introduce the main topic only.
Some students think that adding more details in this section will add value to their work. Wrong. It will only minimize their chances of expanding the topic in the main paragraphs and leave them with fewer details.
2. Thesis Statement
A thesis statement tells the reader about the thesis question, based on the topic, and the writer’s claim and main argument. It is written after the introduction and before the main paragraphs.
A thesis statement is written at the end of the introduction, it is mainly a single sentence that describes the essay objective.
3. Body Paragraphs
The body paragraphs take more than half of the entire essay and include all the main claims and arguments of the essay. Generally, it has three paragraphs but depends on the topic and its scope. Some topics may not have much to write about while others may have a wide scope and material.
However, if you feel that your topic does not have much room for expansion, do not try to drag it. It will only ruin its essence and overall feel.
A solid closing means a solid essay.
Some students think that because it is a closing paragraph, it requires less focus and is less important. But it is not the case. A clumsy conclusion will leave a bad impression and all your hard work may go to waste.
But, a conclusion is also not a place for new ideas. Stay brief and to the point.
To learn more about descriptive essay structure, you can watch this helpful video
Now that you know the basic outline, you can learn how to write a descriptive essay by visiting our blog and working with those tips and tricks.
Descriptive Essay Topics
Got inspired by the examples and looking to write your own essay? So select the topic of your choice from the list below and write a tempting essay…
- The street I love to walk around in
- Exploring the beauty of nature
- The pleasing sounds of rain
- The most meaningful experience I had in college
- Exploring a hidden gem in my hometown
- My favorite book character
- A day spent in my dream destination
- Memories of various festivals I have celebrated
- My favorite food that always brings back memories
- These are some
- The beauty of the rising sun in winter
Choosing a Topic for your Essay
Choosing a topic for your descriptive essay can be difficult and challenging. The reason is there are so many things to write about like
- Favorite place
- Scenarios and many more.
All of these subjects make great descriptive essay topics. Some quick tips to help you choose a great descriptive essay topic include:
- Choose a topic that interests you
- Choose a topic with a good scope
- Choose something that inspires you emotionally
- Choose a topic that appeals to all five or at least one to two senses
- Choose the topic according to your audience
- Choose a topic that is interesting and will keep your readers glued and engaged
For interesting essay topics and ideas, visit our blog and get 100+ descriptive essay topics to choose from.
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Elements of a Great Descriptive Essay
Great essays are based on elements relevant to the main topic and explain it in detail. Just like other types of essays, descriptive essays are specifically based on describing the main topic. You can do this by using figurative language and words that appeal to the five senses like touch, taste, sight, etc. of the readers.
Some core elements include:
- Choosing a specific subject:
Choosing the right and appealing subject is essential for a good descriptive essay. Research and make a list of the topics that interest you and see which one you could use for your essay. make sure that you know how to work on that topic before finalizing it.
- Select the Details:
You cannot write about everything. No matter how many details there are, you have to choose the most dominant ones and stick to them closely.
- Organize the Details:
Once you have chosen the details and organize them in chronological order. This step is especially important if you are talking about an event because then you have to add details related to the event.
- Use Descriptive Language:
Descriptive and figurative language is a must if you want to draw a clear picture in front of your readers. Adjectives and adverbs, similes and metaphors, and comparisons are some techniques that you could use to compose your descriptive essay.
- Use Appropriate Language:
Relevant language will help you in presenting the information in a coherent and simple manner. The topic of your essay will decide the kind of language that you will use in your essay.
- Do Not Drag the Essay:
Dragging the essay will do no good for your essay. Writing an engaging essay is essential for successful descriptive essay writing. Coherent, relevant, and engaging facts will add credibility and a natural flair to your essay.
Professional Essay Writing Help
Not sure if you could write an impressive and engaging descriptive essay?
5StarEssays.com is here to help you write an essay.
5StarEssays.com is here to help you write an essay . With us, you get high-quality, affordable, and timely help. Our quality assurance is rigid and we make sure all the spelling and grammar checking is done before final submission.
Get in touch with us today and order your essay.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many paragraphs are in a descriptive essay.
Like any other essay, a descriptive essay also must have at least five paragraphs. The number of paragraphs could increase, based on the scope and need of the topic.
How can I write a good descriptive essay?
Writing a good descriptive essay requires vivid and detailed descriptions, creating an experience for the reader. To do this, it’s important to use clear language that creates images in the reader’s mind.
Additionally, using sensory details can help engage the reader and make them feel as if they are partaking in the experience described.
What are some examples of things you could describe in a descriptive essay?
Examples of things you could describe in a descriptive essay include a location, person, object, or event. Each of these should be explored in detail to help the reader form an accurate mental image.
Finance Essay, Education
Cathy has been been working as an author on our platform for over five years now. She has a Masters degree in mass communication and is well-versed in the art of writing. Cathy is a professional who takes her work seriously and is widely appreciated by clients for her excellent writing skills.
Was This Blog Helpful?
- Interesting Descriptive Essay Topics Recommended by Experts
- How To Write An Impactful Descriptive Essay?
People Also Read
- choosing essay writing service
- types of sentences
- thesis statement examples for research papers
- article review
- autobiography examples
Burdened With Assignments?
© 2023 - All rights reserved
2000+ SATISFIED STUDENTS
95% Satisfaction RATE
30 Days Money-back GUARANTEE
95% Success RATE
© 2022 5StarEssays.com. All rights reserved.
LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
SIGN UP TO YOUR ACCOUNT
- Your phone no.
- Password Password must be minimum 8 characters.
- Confirm Password
- SEND PASSWORD
- Call us Topics in English
Topics in English Topics in english to learn and fluent pronunciation and writing and facilitate conversation between you and others, whether in school, work or daily life
Descriptive essay about a place 4 models
Descriptive essay about a place where you will find important information about the tourist city of Luxor and its located in the Arab Republic of Egypt and we will learn about the most important tourist areas in it, and I advise everyone to visit this beautiful city. All this information will be found here in a descriptive essay about a place.
Descriptive essay about a place
There are many beautiful places in Egypt, including archaeological and historical places , and one of the most important tourist cities that attract many tourists from all over the world is Luxor, which we will talk about it here in a descriptive essay about a place.
I will tell you about a beautiful city I visited, Luxor tourist city. I will tell you about the most important tourist places I visited.
The city of Luxor is distinguished by its location on the banks of the Nile River, which divided it into two parts, the eastern and the western.
The official capital of the province of Luxor located in the southern side of the Arab Republic of Egypt, About 670 kilometers away from Cairo, This city was called the City of the Sun.
The city of Luxor is one of the most important tourist cities, which is a destination to numbers of tourists from around the world, because it contains many historical monuments such as:
Temple of Karnak: This temple is characterized by the contain many of the temples built by the ancient Egyptians, These temples return to the god Amon and other gods that were found at the time, In addition to presenting many sound and light performances that are held every evening, This is a great way to discover and discover these temples. The distance between Luxor and Karnak is estimated at about 3 kilometers.
Luxor Temple: This temple is one of the most important landmarks that many tourists come to visit it, as it contains the building that belongs to King Ramses II, In addition to the existence of the obelisk decorated and engraved by all the victories achieved by the king.
Valley of the Kings: This valley is located on the western side of the bank of the Nile, This valley contains a lot of tombs that belong to the kings of that era, and these graves are characterized by decorations and fine engravings. All these things have made this valley a beautiful tourist attraction attracts large numbers of tourists.
Descriptive essay about a place you visited
I remember well the best place I visited, which is the island of Maldives. I was able to visit the Maldives with my family a year ago.
And I enjoyed this visit a lot, as I found the water there very special, unlike the beaches of my city. The color of the water is turquoise and completely pure. The sand is white and fine.
All the system there is wonderful, whether the beach or the palms hanging with a swing, or the bridges extending into the sea, and it has a lot of sitting areas or the rooms in which we live directly in the middle of the water, or the resorts that have places under the water and you can see the marine life from below.
Surely this is the paradise on earth that I have always dreamed of living in. Especially at sunset, you can see the real Maldives with candles, parasols, parties and music. All these wonderful things can not be described.
Descriptive paragraph about a place
It is wonderful for a person to be born in a special place such as a large city with many activities, and natural areas such as mountains, beaches, rivers and oceans, where there are many sources of income around us. It’s great to have things like this around us.
I live in the city of (type a city name here). We have many beautiful beaches where the water is clear and turquoise most months of the year, and the sand is yellow and white in many areas, and there is a wonderful aesthetic view of the trees directly behind the beach and palm trees.
All of this gives a great aesthetic shape to the city, but in the evening the entire city is wonderful and lights are everywhere and tourism is active.
There are many social areas that are suitable for families, we like to be there and eat food and drinks in it, me and my family members.
Descriptive writing about a place
There is a place I like to spend my time and enjoy, which is the billiards hall. I enjoy a lot playing with my friends and participating in some of the competitions that the place conducts, and I try to beat all the competitors. I like this feeling a lot, because I love this game very much and have good skills in it.
The sound of balls hitting each other always attracts me. I feel this is my calling to go play. When I am passing in any other area or town and I find people playing I get very excited to compete with them until I can determine my own level.
I really like the gymnasium in my city, which includes a large number of pool tables, and it has decorated walls and has many wonderful pictures, whether of animals playing the game or people I know who participated in international professional matches on TV. There are some pictures of those participating in the challenges inside the hall. And I have a picture or two of when I managed to win and get the trophy.
I hope to be able to play with the pros on TV and achieve great victories like they do.
In this way, we have provided you with a descriptive essay about a place , and you can read more topics through the following link:
- Essay on museum
Value of Time Essay
Car accident essay 6 models
Essay on car 10 models
Leave a reply cancel reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- Free Essays
- Citation Generator
"Descriptive essay meaningful place" Essays and Research Papers
BEDROOM SWEET BEDROOM When I think of a meaningful place ‚ I think of my bedroom. A place like my bedroom is where I can relax and be comfortable. I think that is why it is important to me‚ because I can be myself and feel comfortable in there. I can also just sit down and rest my body. Another reason is I can go there when I want privacy. I can shut the door‚ maybe even lock it and tell everyone in my household not to disturb me. My room holds most of my personal belongings there and they
Descriptive Essay PLACE
Shavonne Brady My Place Description Essay I never had much time to spend with my parents while growing up. Because they were always trying to find a job to support me an my siblings. So we would drive 6 to see our parents‚ where they were currently working. We would stay at their apartment in Clifton‚ Arizona just a mile outside Morenci; where my parents were employed. We would spend as many days as we could with them‚ trying to make the best of every moment. Because my little siblings
Premium Academy Award for Best Actor Parent Bedroom
Descriptive Places In Haiti Essay
Get Ultimate Travel Experience By Visiting Attractive Places In Haiti Haiti is one of the ideal locations for the people who like to spend their holidays in peaceful destination. It is the unique place for the natural lovers‚ Haiti provides great views and it have great landscape as well as geographical effects‚ so most of the people like to take the Haiti travel to enjoy their holidays in the effective manner. Haiti is completely provides attractive travel experience‚ so you can truly get interesting
Premium Tourism Beach Caribbean
Descriptive Essay - Favorite Place
My favorite place is sitting on my back porch on an early summer morning. The small concrete back porch sits in the back of my home near the woods and the garden. The area is very isolated and peaceful. There are no sounds of human life‚ cars or anything to alter nature. After awakening in the mornings‚ I remove the everlasting sleep from my tired eyes and walk to the small warming porch. I enjoy this time alone to gather my thoughts and feelings for the day. The old iron furniture squeaks
Free Plant Fruit Tree
A Descriptive Essay About a Place
out for a walk. I loved how the warm breeze felt against my face. While walking‚ not even noticing where I was going‚ I turned a sharp corner and nothing was there but a dirt path and forest surrounding it. I walked on‚ day-dreaming about how this place looked like a fairytale. When there was a sudden change‚ there was a small gap leading into the forest where there was a river. The river curled in all directions and the calm‚ smooth surface looked trusting‚ and inviting. I stepped into the forest
Premium Sun Blue Purple
descriptive essay of market place
It’s dusk outside: the normally bright‚ azure sky has turned the colour of charcoal‚ peppered with specs of iridescent silver‚ and the clearly cheap‚ and discoloured old lanterns littering the dusty surroundings of the ancient Bagajor market‚ give off a soft‚ and gentle dappled glow to the busy‚ cobbled streets below. A myriad of spices adorn a bright and overflowing market stall giving off a sweet redolent smell. People continue to bustle around the busy marketplace‚ browsing through an assortment
Premium Color Stall Husband
Descriptive Essay: A Place In Arkansas
smell love love as strong as garlic. Although‚ that could just be the smell of sweat. We would never commit such a crime as stabbing someone in the back. We hardly ever use it as an excuse to boycott our homework or why we do not sleep. Orchesis is a place where people from all different corners of Rolling Meadows come together to make a delicious soup. The various tastes blend together perfectly. I guess you can call it the mixing pot of Rolling Meadows. Drama in Orchesis is like an extinct species
Premium Dance Choreography Love
Descriptive Essay Example Describing a Place
Patdreka Williams 7-14-12 English 110 Journal Entry A Place When I was a little girl I dreamed of the most extraordinary room in my mind. Being one of the four kids having my own was just a fantasy I imagined to escape reality. The reality of my little room shared with my younger sister. The room had carpet‚ wood panel walls‚ and a white ceiling with bright lights. The room had two windows the length of a chair. The closet was small and pointless. The worst feature was no door. But as a child
Descriptive Essay: The Perfect Place In Burlington
The vibrant‚ lively city of Burlington is the perfect place for you to own your own slice of the world! Placed between Greensboro and Durham‚ Burlington and surrounding towns like Graham‚ Cary and Chapel Hill are ideal for a family to settle down. Known for its exciting activities‚ business opportunities and hospitable community‚ Burlington has it all in this one area! The strategic location of the city‚ along the East Coast‚ makes it a hub for both business and economic activities! The low water
Premium Education School Teacher
Descriptive Essay; My Perfect Place
pointless. The worst feature was no door! Sometimes it seemed more like a prison then the‚ “girl’s room” as my mother called it. But as a child from a Christian family I understood that this was all my parents could afford at the time. So the only place I had to escape to was in my mind. I only had to close my eyes and there it was my dream room. Some Images from a fairytale movie perhaps. A room so amazing it had to be in a castle! My very own room contained white walls with pink curtains coving
Premium English-language films Rooms Room
Descriptive Essay: Canada's Perfect Place
Have you ever went to a place that you have always wanted to go. Canada has great culture and environment. It’s a perfect place to live Canada is a vast and rugged land. From north to south it spans more than half the Northern Hemisphere. From east to west it stretches almost 4‚700 miles across six time zones. It is the second largest country‚ but has little population.Canada features black-blue lakes‚ numerous rivers‚ majestic western mountains‚ rolling central plains‚ and forested eastern valleys
Premium Canada United States First Nations
Meaningful Use Essay
Running Head: MEANINGFUL USE 1 Meaningful Use Ashlina Singh Carrington College MA 40 Neumann May 30‚ 2016 MEANINGFUL USE 2 Meaningful use is when using certified electronic health record technology to improve quality‚ safety‚ efficiency‚ and reduce health disparities. Electronic health record is patient’s history‚ that is maintained by the provider over time‚ and may include all of the key administrative clinical
Premium Health care Health care provider Medicine
Descriptive Place of My Perception
Every time when I felt upset or sick‚ I liked to go to a special place where I could relax myself and feel better. It is the club; I have joined the club for 3 years. My sisters recommended this place to me; they told me that I could find many fun there. It’s near my house and our hospital‚ so I walked there in 10 minutes. I usually stayed there for 2 or 3 hours and went home. I loved the club; I felt comfortable there! The club only allowed women to be members; I didn’t worry about my privacy
Premium Bus stop The Station nightclub fire
Descriptive Essay 10/16/13 A place that I can describe very well with all my senses is a place that a lot of people know about and that’s Disney world. It’s a place that I can describe so well because my family and I would go their every summer ever since I was a little child. People always ask me “how could you go their every year‚ don’t you get sick of it”. That’s never the case for me. I love going to Disney world it’s a getaway for me. When I walk through the front gates I literally forget
Premium Sense Olfaction Taste
Cricket (Descriptive Essay, meaningful object that I no longer have).
As an only child who lived a good distance away from her best friends‚ I spent many of my early years creating playmates for myself. However‚ the Christmas after I turned five‚ my grandmother brought me Cricket. Cricket wasn’t a puppy‚ or a goldfish‚ or anything alive. She was simply a doll. Dolls like Cricket aren’t made anymore. She was nearly as tall as I (the box she came in was even bigger)‚ with blonde hair and blue eyes. Her hair was neatly pulled up with pink yarn bows into pigtails of what
Premium Blond Family Friendship
descriptive essay favorite place english 001
Hatstat Ms. Fahle English 001 March 2‚ 2015 Magically Unique The rusted beams‚ worn wooden siding‚ peeling paint‚ and a distinct smell that is all too familiar makes the barn my favorite place with my horse‚ Curly. It is my favorite because my world becomes just the two of us. The barn is the most fulfilling place ‚ but it also has a component that makes it lonely‚ a feeling like we are the only ones in the world even when other people surround us. When I am with my horse‚ my world is shrunk down to
Premium Hay Horse Livestock
A Descriptive Essay
Quick Tips for Writing Your Descriptive Essay Writing a descriptive essay can be a rich and rewarding experience‚ but it can also feel a bit complicated. It’s helpful‚ therefore‚ to keep a quick checklist of the essential questions to keep in mind as you plan‚ draft‚ and revise your essay . Planning your descriptive essay : • What or who do you want to describe? • What is your reason for writing your description? • What are the particular qualities that you want to focus on? Drafting
Premium Emotion Feeling Writing
How to Write a Descriptive Essay More than many other types of essays ‚ descriptive essays strive to create a deeply involved and vivid experience for the reader. Great descriptive essays achieve this affect not through facts and statistics but by using detailed observations and descriptions. What do you want to describe? As you get started on your descriptive essay ‚ it’s important for you to identify exactly what you want to describe. Often‚ a descriptive essay will focus on portraying one of the
Descriptive essay is a genre of essay which is used to describe a certain subject: a person‚ a thing‚ a place ‚ a memory‚ experience‚ situation... A good descriptive essay should make the readers feel like they are present in the scene. As other essays ‚ a descriptive essay usually has three parts: introduction‚ body paragraphs and conclusion. In the first part: introduction‚ the writer must have a sentence to introduce the subject with many kinds of techniques. Besides‚ there should be some more
beginning to the end. Descriptive Essay Assignment: Final draft is due -Monday‚ February 24‚ 2014. Directions: Use the MLA style as describe on my policy syllabus. Final draft must be typed. You should use as your guide the Sample Essay “Salt Marsh” in your Longman textbook on pages 135 - 136. Due Wednesday‚ September 19‚ 2013 Writing Assignment: Like Martinez‚ describe a place where you go to collect your thoughts and get in touch with your senses. This place offers you peace and tranquility
Free Writing Writing process
- Academy Award for Best Actor
- American films
- Atlantic Ocean
- Best Friends
- Descriptive essay military
- Descriptive essay my brother
- Descriptive essay my father
- Descriptive essay my favorite singer
- Descriptive essay my favourite place
- Descriptive essay my favourite season
- Descriptive essay my grandmother
- Descriptive essay my holiday
- Descriptive essay my life in my native country
- Descriptive essay my neighborhood
Short on time?
Essay Service Examples Geography India
My Favorite Place: Descriptive Essay
- Topics: India
- This essay sample was donated by a student to help the academic community. Papers provided by EduBirdie writers usually outdo students' samples.
There are numerous lovely places on earth. They are scattered over the nation. Each site has its claim particular features. A few places have beautiful magnificence in wealth, while many are famous for their architectural wonders. Also, each individual has diverse tastes, choices, and likings. A few individuals appreciate the sight of beautiful magnificence; a few are pulled in towards places of the authentic and archeological interface. Some may be interested in going to places of religious importance. I have visited many places of historical and traveler interest. But the visit which contains a lasting impression on my intellect is the visit to Kashmir. It is the most lovely put I have ever seen. It is said to be the paradise on earth. It has the honor of being “The Switzerland of India.” I was wonderstruck to see the ravishing beauty of Kashmir. With snow-clad mountains, tall trees of Chinar, rich green fields, and valleys, Kashmir is one of the most charming places on the earth. It has been an extraordinary attraction for visitors all over the nation and overseas as well.
- Proper editing and formatting
- Free revision, title page, and bibliography
- Flexible prices and money-back guarantee
Kashmir is located within the Himalayan region. It is widely famous for its rich greenery and fauna. The place holds fantastic significance for tourists who need to visit holy places. Kashmir is the domestic of divinities and bounties. Kashmir has historical landmarks, pleasant spots, charming scenes, and green forests in abundance. A few uncommon species of wild animals are found within the tall elevation of Kashmir. Kashmir has been the home of holy people and sages. It is the arrival of divine beings and goddesses. Its serpentine rivers, gigantic calm lakes, powerful waterfalls, and long lines of cypress trees are a few of the delightful attractions for sightseers. Wild strawberries are grown all over Kashmir. Varieties of blooms include the excellence of Kashmir. It is one of the most excellent natural spots in India. Its incredible view, beautiful sights, and green areas combine to form the magnificence of this God-gifted heaven on earth. Separated from the beautiful brilliance, the Shalimar and Nishat Bagh have incredible verifiable significance. Mughal Ruler Jehangir built them. Kashmir is liberally blessed with a few of India’s finest hill stations. They are Gulmarg, Sonmarg, Pahalgam, and Khilanmarg. Separated from having excellent beautiful attractions, these places are great health resorts. Khilanmarg is the leading put where the tree- line closes in Kashmir. All these and numerous more like its social tones, contract gorges, and gorges as well as hills and dales make it a heavenly home on the earth. The magnificence of Kashmir is charming
Our writers will provide you with an essay sample written from scratch: any topic, any deadline, any instructions.
Cite this Page
Get your paper done in as fast as 3 hours, 24/7.
Related essay Topics
Popular categories, most popular essays.
- Medical Tourism
Medical tourism is a term refers, when person or patient going to overseas for medical treatment or surgery whether it is mild or severe condition. This is a term that has ascended from the fast development of an industry, where individuals from all around the globe are making a trip to different nations to get therapeutic, dental, and careful consideration, while simultaneously visiting, traveling, and completely encountering the attractions of the nations that they are visiting (Connell, John; 2011). There...
Medical tourism also referred as health tourism; it is the condition in which the clients travel one nation to another nation for medications. In the previous time, mainly patients travel undeveloped countries to developed countries for medical treatment but now in this 20th century this trend has changed. In recent years, due to high technology in Asian countries, patients from developed nations travel to undeveloped nations to receive medical care. Most individuals travel to India, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Korea...
Basic sanitation is recognized by the United Nations as a human right which allows for the proper development of human capital (NewSun, 2015). India is currently categorized as the ‘fastest-growing major economy’ in the world (V, 2018), yet is also labelled as a country with an ‘out-of-control rape epidemic’ (Khan, 2016). Reasons for this can be directly linked to the fact that massive portions of its population, notably, the 70% living in rural villages (The Associated Press, 2015), a majority...
After over 600 years of colonial rule, India got its freedom from the British domain on August 15, 1947. An enormous section of the populace, around three-fourths, was subject to agriculture for work and for the nourishment and fiber, devoured by cultivating families and proprietors. Agriculture in India was based chiefly on feudal land system where a greater part of the populace lived in rural areas, battled with low efficiency, and had just crude innovation. The new popularity-based government had...
Dowry is when the bride’s family give some sort of materialistic items to the groom’s family, which is believed to be the payment for taking care of their daughter throughout their marital life. An endowment can be in the form of money, adornments, furniture, property and other tangible items. It is a common practice in India since centuries. This essay illustrates the ill effects of dowry system in India. Dowry-linked violence frequently emerges when the bridegroom or his family fish...
“E-commerce (or electric commerce) refers to the buying and selling of goods and services via electronic channels, primarily the Internet. Online retail is decidedly convenient due to its 24-hour availability, global reach and generally efficient customer service” (http://www.mashable.com/). E-commerce is one of the sectors that have seen a rapid growth in previous years. If we talk especially about 2014, the growth of the sector has been unprecedented. If we want to name the major factor that has brought such development,...
Food security is access to sufficient food for a healthy and active daily life to all the people at all time. Even though, India is developing with high growth rate, but still India has the problem of food management and its distribution. India has the 17.1% of agriculture’s share in India’s GDP and has fallen below 20% since the mid-2000s. However, for a country with a population of 1.3 billion, food self-sufficiency and employment are still a hot topic, which...
Over the world growing population is becoming more day by day, the most important challenges have been to produce enough food for the growing population. Hence, highly yielding varieties are being used together with some natural resources like water and rain falls were helping to grown the food needs as well some of the pesticides fertilizers industries are also helping to produce the large quantity of food we need, some industries technology helping to develop food surplus. to feed growing...
Globalisation in India Globalization is ‘the process by which businesses or organizations develop international influence or start operating on an international scale.’ Economic globalization is ‘the increasing interdependence of national economies that has resulted from growing levels of trade between nations. This can affect developing counties positively in many ways such as economic processes, technological developments, and social and natural environmental factors many new opportunities have also been brought to developing countries from globalization such as easier access to more...
- Get original paper written according to your instructions
- Save time for what matters most
Fair Use Policy
EduBirdie considers academic integrity to be the essential part of the learning process and does not support any violation of the academic standards. Should you have any questions regarding our Fair Use Policy or become aware of any violations, please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected]
We are here 24/7 to write your paper in as fast as 3 hours.
Silence surrounded me as I took a glimpse at the deserted park before me. Memories bombarded my mind. As a young girl, the park was my favourite place to go.
Descriptive essays are comparatively easy to write. Here are some easy descriptive essay examples and samples to help you write an impressive essay.
Descriptive Essay: Sense Of Place. Sense of Place My family's van driving into an isolated Hispanic village taking in a deep breath of nature at its purest.
I have a place that not only made a good impression, it changed me. It made me think off all the things in life people take for granted; places, people
A descriptive essay about a place should provide enough details for the reader to build a mental image of it. To do this, you need to include
A descriptive essay describes and gives sensory details about a person, place, event, or thing in an in-depth and detailed manner.
A descriptive essay about a place is often easier to write as the author is able to rely on his or her memory—or a memory of a similar place.
Descriptive writing about a place ... There is a place I like to spend my time and enjoy, which is the billiards hall. I enjoy a lot playing with my friends and
"Descriptive essay meaningful place" Essays and Research Papers. Sort By: Most Relevant, Highest Grade. Satisfactory Essays. Good Essays. Better Essays.
It is said to be the paradise on earth. It has the honor of being “The Switzerland of India.” I was wonderstruck to see the ravishing beauty of Kashmir. With